Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 190

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread February 2013

  1. #151
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,544
    Okay, that quote, while it doesn't really apply to the castle's size, does state flat out that things/items in the blueprint will not be cut. If things in the blueprint are cut, Mattel has once again guaranteed us something in writing and then decide they didn't have to fulfill that promise. I read all the caveats and hedges and "we can't say for sures," but I missed this. I guess this is why they felt they needed to give folks the option of canceling.

    I still don't see a major problem with the size, but cutting the extras is something they said they wouldn't do. Has anyone involved in this ever even heard of the concept of "credibility"?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  2. #152
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    17,999
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Okay, that quote, while it doesn't really apply to the castle's size, does state flat out that things/items in the blueprint will not be cut. If things in the blueprint are cut, Mattel has once again guaranteed us something in writing and then decide they didn't have to fulfill that promise. I read all the caveats and hedges and "we can't say for sures," but I missed this. I guess this is why they felt they needed to give folks the option of canceling.

    I still don't see a major problem with the size, but cutting the extras is something they said they wouldn't do. Has anyone involved in this ever even heard of the concept of "credibility"?
    After five years you should know the answer is NO. lol
    Sigh, I kind of miss the staction days, the horsemen went above and beyond to treat us right because they answered only to themselves and the fans.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  3. #153
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,424
    20 new answers are up. Jetlag characters are NOT in the FIlmation sub.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  4. #154
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,554
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    20 new answers are up. Jetlag characters are NOT in the FIlmation sub.
    Why would they be? Filmation MOTU is Filmation MOTU, NA is not Filmation MOTU (it's NA)....or POP, NA's inclusion in Classics isn't retroactive.

    And what does Filmation have to do with Jetlag?
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  5. #155
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,424
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Why would they be? Filmation MOTU is Filmation MOTU, NA is not Filmation MOTU (it's NA)....or POP, NA's inclusion in Classics isn't retroactive.

    And what does Filmation have to do with Jetlag?
    Some fans thought that since the Filmation and Jetlag rights to make figures of their characters were brought from Classic Media at the same time, that we would see Jetlag characters in Classics as well. Although Filmation is the cartoon fans usually refer to in regards to a separate sub, some thought that we would see a few Jetlag characters in there as well. More like an animation sub line.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  6. #156
    Heroic Warrior MrRoboto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Aus.
    Posts
    2,794
    Is this how it's going to be?

    Moving forward are people who decided to take their chances without the subscription going to continue to get crapped on? Is it really such a crime to want to choose which figures you pay for? I understand that there has to be some benefit to subscribing, but isn't the benefit of being guaranteed to get the figures you want enough? I'm also cool with early access and one exclusive figure a year. We make the decision whether those things are worth it or not when we chose to pass on the subscription. But now you're taking figures out of the monthly sale and turning them into exclusives. You're changing the rules in the middle of the game, and quite frankly it's not the best good will gesture towards fans of this line. I pre-ordered Grayskull (Im fine the the size btw), bought the Filmation sub but passed on the main sub because you guys went out of your way to make it a nightmare in 2012. But I guess you have to teach us all a lesson, huh? Throw us a bone. I love these figures, but you guys have a terrible attitude. Now Scott it's your turn to pick one line from everything I said to reply with a snarky remark.
    What you give is what you get.

    I don't understand questions like this one. Did you honestly expect to get an answer?
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

    *MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

  7. #157
    HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Southern Maryland
    Posts
    4,115
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    What you give is what you get.

    I don't understand questions like this one. Did you honestly expect to get an answer?
    My favorite part was when he said that Mattel had a terrible attitude.

  8. #158
    Heroic Warrior MrRoboto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Aus.
    Posts
    2,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    My favorite part was when he said that Mattel had a terrible attitude.
    The thing is i can understand that there are ppl who don't like Mattel's decision re: Fang Man (or whatever issue) but there are other ways and means of constructively communicating one's opinion(s) to Mattel (and not just here on the .org either) and get the answer(s) they're seeking.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

    *MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

  9. #159
    Heroic Warrior wundarwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eaton OH
    Posts
    1,567
    Good gravy that NA He-Man's face is TERRIBLE! I Hope they get worked out.

    The B sheet answer was a cop out.

  10. #160
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,930
    @ the Darkling answer. I HOPE they have a hole, so we can use the Orko/Doomseeker/Slimer stands with them. Darklings fly...they don't sit on the ground.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  11. #161
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,554
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Some fans thought that since the Filmation and Jetlag rights to make figures of their characters were brought from Classic Media at the same time, that we would see Jetlag characters in Classics as well. Although Filmation is the cartoon fans usually refer to in regards to a separate sub, some thought that we would see a few Jetlag characters in there as well. More like an animation sub line.
    I was wondering why people were saying this....I see. All I knew about a link between them was that Mattel approached Jetlag since Filmation was defunct when they wanted to do NA.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  12. #162
    Heroic Hero Grayskull's Heir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Castle Grayskull
    Posts
    2,607
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I was wondering why people were saying this....I see. All I knew about a link between them was that Mattel approached Jetlag since Filmation was defunct when they wanted to do NA.
    I'm still glad Jetleg is not part of the sub. It's called Club Filmation, not Club Animation or Club Classic Media. I would have felt cheated if suddenly I got the Scientists instead of Scorpia or Sea Hawk
    Awesome sticker included!

  13. #163
    Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    876
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    I just want to chime in on a couple of things that others have already pointed out in this thread:

    1. The dungeon pit
    a.) In the b-sheet it can very clearly be seen that this was planned as a sculpted 3D piece from the very beginning. I know forum rules and such but this time I really think that the evidence we have seems to suggest that originally plans were different and Scott now just says they weren't. The 4H didn't sculpt it "for fun", no, they sculpted it because it was planned as a 3D piece from the beginning and is shown as such in the b-sheet. That's why the sculpted thing was shown when CG was revealed.
    b.) Scott clearly said that nothing shown in the b-sheet would be cut.

    2. Wind Raider parking spot
    Not only is it useless and nobidy wants it, there's also a new problem with it:
    Now that the Castle is slightly smaller than originally planned, the WR probably won't even fit in the castle anymore without its wings touching the Castle walls, which makes the whole thing even more pointless (if that's even possible)

    3. "Too late for changes"
    If it was sculpted in 14 days and can be changed in one or two days. Nuff said.
    I understand that making the castle bigger makes it too expensive and I can live with that. But I'm absolutely positive they can still change the jawbridge by making the base a bit thinner at the spot where the jawbridge goes and thus make the jawbridge taller.
    Moreover Scott is contradicting himself when he says "this is not the final version, there will be changes on the inside of the Castle" and "it's too late for changes"

    4. "If you don't wat it, cancel it"
    Again that is not the kind of customer relationship that seems fitting for a line that was virtually on life support half a year ago....
    Yea Dan told they sculpted it in 2 weeks.
    I dunno if it is too complicated to change his entire size, but the jawbrige HAS to be changed.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

    >>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

    Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

  14. #164
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,644
    who are some big Jetlag characters?

  15. #165
    Heroic Warrior Micro-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    Yea Dan told they sculpted it in 2 weeks.
    I dunno if it is too complicated to change his entire size, but the jawbrige HAS to be changed.
    This is what I don't understand about the sudden inability to make changes to the prototype sculpt this early in the game. It's going to take the next ten months to finally get these castles shipped out to us but the whole thing was sculpted in just two weeks...And that's final?! If this was presented at SDCC, I can understand that it's too far along in production to make any last-minute changes but right now seems like the perfect opportunity to gather feedback and tweak the final product. Instead, it looks like they're rushing the first draft straight to production!

    I understand that the production process is a lengthy one and needs to be started nearly a year in advance but the final sample doesn't need to be ready for another 5 months. Toyguru recently said that he won't be able to take comparison pics of the castle until the model comes back in a few weeks. Is it already being sent to the factories for mold casting? Why couldn't the 4H be allowed a few days to make some final adjustments?

    It's not like we're really asking them to redo the whole thing (Well, I'm not, at least!). If they just shave down that base, bring the Jawbridge down just a 1/2" lower, and maybe spend a little extra time tweaking it so that it fits again, that would be perfect!

    Losing the dungeon grate is unfortunate but it is a lot of paint apps and details to cover, so I'm fine with getting more accessories instead. I want them to keep as much stuff as possible but wouldn't mind sacrificing the Wind Raider base (Does anybody actually want this?), the new Weapons Rack weapons, the smaller boombox-like computer terminal, and even the Grayskull Robot. There will be a new Weapons Pack coming along so some of those accessories can be offered there and personally, I'd rather see POG Gladiator made to be the Grayskull Robot instead!

  16. #166
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    5,063
    Glad to know that NA He-Man isn't final yet.

    I hope we can get Sky High and Goat Man soon

    Also, I expected that about the movie rights - hopefully we get them in the next few years.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

  17. #167
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,424
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    who are some big Jetlag characters?
    Crita and Mara are the most popular. Then it's Master Sebrian, NA Adam, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Meliac and way down due to popularity (not appearances since the scientists appeared in almost every episode), the Scientists. That's the regular supporting cast.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    This is what I don't understand about the sudden inability to make changes to the prototype sculpt this early in the game. It's going to take the next ten months to finally get these castles shipped out to us but the whole thing was sculpted in just two weeks...And that's final?! If this was presented at SDCC, I can understand that it's too far along in production to make any last-minute changes but right now seems like the perfect opportunity to gather feedback and tweak the final product. Instead, it looks like they're rushing the first draft straight to production!

    I understand that the production process is a lengthy one and needs to be started nearly a year in advance but the final sample doesn't need to be ready for another 5 months. Toyguru recently said that he won't be able to take comparison pics of the castle until the model comes back in a few weeks. Is it already being sent to the factories for mold casting? Why couldn't the 4H be allowed a few days to make some final adjustments?

    It's not like we're really asking them to redo the whole thing (Well, I'm not, at least!). If they just shave down that base, bring the Jawbridge down just a 1/2" lower, and maybe spend a little extra time tweaking it so that it fits again, that would be perfect!

    Losing the dungeon grate is unfortunate but it is a lot of paint apps and details to cover, so I'm fine with getting more accessories instead. I want them to keep as much stuff as possible but wouldn't mind sacrificing the Wind Raider base (Does anybody actually want this?), the new Weapons Rack weapons, the smaller boombox-like computer terminal, and even the Grayskull Robot. There will be a new Weapons Pack coming along so some of those accessories can be offered there and personally, I'd rather see POG Gladiator made to be the Grayskull Robot instead!
    It's not sudden. Mattel ALWAYS takes that hardline stance. There were eight months to fix King Hsss' snakes, but Mattel didn't want to do it.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  18. #168
    "No Lashor, We Bash Ya!" Robzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    Placement for a sticker apparently. You will also note the B-sheet did not show the space suit and you ARE getting that. Things will continued to evolve and change.
    Not really an answer. Considering he (apparently) said this...

    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    And for those a little unsure, it does include ALL of the items shown in the blueprints. We hope to add more, but there won’t be less.
    So that cancels out his argument. He said we MIGHT get more, but we WOULD get what was on the blueprints... and then contradicts this statement.
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    Baby Skeletor (just kidding)

  19. #169
    waiting for Geldor Toymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Valley of Osgoor
    Posts
    6,053
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Crita and Mara are the most popular. Then it's Master Sebrian, NA Adam, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Meliac and way down due to popularity (not appearances since the scientists appeared in almost every episode), the Scientists. That's the regular supporting cast.


    I'd agree with these and would probably add the robots Gleep an UR, NA Teela and Sorceress and possibly Andros
    Tweet Me!

    I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

  20. #170
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    I'm still glad Jetleg is not part of the sub. It's called Club Filmation, not Club Animation or Club Classic Media. I would have felt cheated if suddenly I got the Scientists instead of Scorpia or Sea Hawk
    Me, too, I bought the sub being based on the fact it is a "Filmation" sub, not an animated sub, Filmation characters only, I don't want any NA figures in my collection, not even He-Man. Jetlag & Filmation....2 very different things, 2 very different shows....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  21. #171
    Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    876
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    This is what I don't understand about the sudden inability to make changes to the prototype sculpt this early in the game. It's going to take the next ten months to finally get these castles shipped out to us but the whole thing was sculpted in just two weeks...And that's final?! If this was presented at SDCC, I can understand that it's too far along in production to make any last-minute changes but right now seems like the perfect opportunity to gather feedback and tweak the final product. Instead, it looks like they're rushing the first draft straight to production!

    I understand that the production process is a lengthy one and needs to be started nearly a year in advance but the final sample doesn't need to be ready for another 5 months. Toyguru recently said that he won't be able to take comparison pics of the castle until the model comes back in a few weeks. Is it already being sent to the factories for mold casting? Why couldn't the 4H be allowed a few days to make some final adjustments?

    It's not like we're really asking them to redo the whole thing (Well, I'm not, at least!). If they just shave down that base, bring the Jawbridge down just a 1/2" lower, and maybe spend a little extra time tweaking it so that it fits again, that would be perfect!

    Losing the dungeon grate is unfortunate but it is a lot of paint apps and details to cover, so I'm fine with getting more accessories instead. I want them to keep as much stuff as possible but wouldn't mind sacrificing the Wind Raider base (Does anybody actually want this?), the new Weapons Rack weapons, the smaller boombox-like computer terminal, and even the Grayskull Robot. There will be a new Weapons Pack coming along so some of those accessories can be offered there and personally, I'd rather see POG Gladiator made to be the Grayskull Robot instead!
    completely agree
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

    >>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

    Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

  22. #172
    Heroic Warrior evenflow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Jersey Represent
    Posts
    4,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Not really an answer. Considering he (apparently) said this...



    So that cancels out his argument. He said we MIGHT get more, but we WOULD get what was on the blueprints... and then contradicts this statement.
    And this is what bothers me the most. Nothing was supposed to be cut and yet things are missing, the castle is smaller, and more can potentially be cut. Too much is left off too. The dungeon grate should have been included. Where is the torture rack? The punching bag? I am sure there is more I am not thinking of.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

  23. #173
    Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    876
    jawbridgeproblem.jpg

    He-man couldn't stay just under the door. On the pic he is a bit advanced. It s a big problem. Imo Matty could fix that, even if they wont change the size of the castle, they absolutely have to change the entrance.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

    >>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

    Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

  24. #174
    THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    840
    He said if you didn't really know anything about the original mockup the 1 or 2 inch difference is not noticeable in the LEAST!
    Sorry, but a "mere" 1-inch height difference in a 25" tall castle translates into approximately −12% less volume (that's about one-eighth less than the original volume), and a 2-inch difference into about −22% less volume (that's almost one-quarter less volume), because the castle is a three-dimensional thing, and what seems like a relatively "minor" difference when measured along one dimension (24" and 23" are repectively only 4% and 8% shorter than 25") translates into a HUGE difference in volumetric terms (−4% inches in 1D becomes −12% cubic inches in 3D, and −8% becomes −22%) (*).

    For a very tangible example of this, just compare a 7" MotUC figure with a 6" DCUC or Ghostbusters figure side by side: the latter looks remarkably smaller, because it's actually over −35% smaller in volume (that's over one-third smaller, which means 2 MotUC figures take up approximately as much space as 3 DCUC figures), even though their difference in height is only one-seventh less.

    It's no wonder, then, that the size shrinkage of the castle was the among the first things most fans started to talk about since the first images of the sculpt were leaked. It really is THAT noticeable, because a volumetric difference in the 15% to 20% range between what was promised in the B(ait & switch)-sheet and what we're finally getting IS noticeable however you slice it, not to mention that the reduction causes MotUC figures to barely make it through the door (if at all).


    (*) If you halve the sides of a cube, the resulting cube is not reduced to just one half [½] the size of the original cube, but down to one eighth [½³] of it, because linear dimensions get raised to the cube [x³] when dealing with 3D objects, and cubic growth [f(x)=x³] is much more drastic than linear growth [f(x)=x].
    Last edited by uaxuctum; February 14, 2013 at 10:15am.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

  25. #175
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,930
    The size reduction has caused some VERY noticeable issues (He-Man barely fitting in the entrance of Grayskull, Fisto and Clawful barely fitting on the first floor and only being able to see up to Trap-Jaw's CHEST when he's in the dungeon. In the original b-sheet, the dungeon wall was nearly 10 inches tall...you know...so characters would be visible through the bars to the top of their head, not chest.



    We also get a nice view of his ARM through the prison window.

    Last edited by Darkspecter; February 14, 2013 at 01:29pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •