Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Filmation Sub: 6 figures or 12

Filmation Sub: 6 figures or 12

Okay, I love Filmation and I am a completist. I want all these figures.

Next year it has been tipped that we may get, in addition to the regular subscription, an add on 12 figure Filmation subscription.

This is a thread for people who don't want this and for them to discuss why this is a bad idea.

A six figure add on Filmation sub in 2014 is fine, but I really don't want to get an additional 12 figures. Sprinkle in the fan-demanded A-listers to the regular MOTUC sub and offer a six figure sub for the more 'one off' characters that are demanded (like Batros and Icer) but no 12 month separate sub, please, because we I am really up against it collecting this line!
    Last edited by JonWes; February 11, 2013 at 01:25pm. Reason: Name change at request of OP
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Just because YOU are not interested in a Filmation sub doesn't mean such a sub doesn't have to be. You don't want those figures? Fine, don't buy them. It's as simple as that.
    But there is a majority of us who will subscribe to a 12 figures Filmation sub, on top of the main sub, without giving is any second thought. Why should we not get that opportunity? Because some people like you don't want it or don't have the money to subscribe? How selfish.

A Filmation sub on top of the main sub means more figures to collect in 2014. I am all for it! I'll get them all.

I'm all for as many Filmation figures as possible (PoP), now that my favorite MOTU one-hit villain (Batros) is being made, but I agree with you. I don't want burn out of the line and it can get VERY expensive too. I would rather have a separate 6 figure Filmation sub in 2014 and 2015 in addition to the regular sub. Especially with other high cost items in addition coming down the pipe like Castle Grayskull and hopefully cough cough Snake Mountain cough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu-Berlu Reg View Post
    Just because YOU are not interested in a Filmation sub doesn't mean such a sub doesn't have to be. You don't want those figures? Fine, don't buy them. It's as simple as that.
    But there is a majority of us who will subscribe to a 12 figures Filmation sub, on top of the main sub, without giving is any second thought. Why should we not get that opportunity? Because some people like you don't want it or don't have the money to subscribe? How selfish.

A Filmation sub on top of the main sub means more figures to collect in 2014. I am all for it! I'll get them all.
    That is NOT the point of the thread. If you'd have read it you would have seen that I said that I DO want these figures. I love Filmation and consider it a hugely important part of the mythos. I have net once said I don't want to get these characters made. All I am saying is that I can't afford to pay for an addition 12 month sub. I would prefer a six month Filmation sub to ship a figure bi-monthly. That's more affordable for me. And many will be in the same boat.

It's not selfish for me to want them to hold back on doing a 12 figure sub. It's purely economics. I don't want to deny anyone the chance. I would ask you to read my post again
    before using words like 'selfish'.

And if people do want a 12 month sub then that's fine I don't want to deny anyone that. Just started this thread for people who ae in the same boat as me and think 12 additional figures is perhaps too much!
    Last edited by karg182; February 11, 2013 at 05:05am.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm all for it. I'm very excited. So, a Filmation sub line is a big yes for me.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

No thanks - At this stage I am a no to the regular sub too quite frankly. Cannot justify a whole year for the 2 figs I have left on my want list. Especially if there's no DC one.

I'm not so into the one-shot Filmation MOTU characters.

The ones that appeal to me are all from the She-Ra cartoon and all had more than one appearance:

Madame Razz/Broom
    Imp
    Granita
    Hunga
    Vultak
    Scorpia
    Dylamug
    Sea Hawk

The only Filmation MOTU character I personally want now is Melaktha (maybe Kittrina...). I'd welcome another Filmation sub, as long as it was balanced.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'd say a 6 figure sub is reasonable.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I TOTALLY AGREE - C'mon it's a great opportunity !!! This is a bonus for Fans who wants more ! It's not mandatory. You can't or you hate, you don't buy. But we can't complain about such a great initiative !
    THIS SUB IS AWESOME !

I agree a 12 figure sub would burn through characters to fast and along with the main sub would work out to expensive. 6 figure is perfect IMO.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I basically agree with the OP. I do want a Filmation sub, but to have two full subs of at least 12 figures each is a lot, especially considering that the main sub will likely still have the quarterly bonus items.

I think a Filmation sub with about 6-8 figures would be more reasonable, and they should try to aim to release those figures during months when there are no quarterly items from the main sub. This way for those signing up for both, no one month would be overloaded and too expensive, and most months would have at least two items, which means with the combined shipping, the per-figure shipping cost will be more reasonable than it is now on one figure months.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar

well said.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    I TOTALLY AGREE - C'mon it's a great opportunity !!! This is a bonus for Fans who wants more ! It's not mandatory. You can't or you hate, you don't buy. But we can't complain about such a great initiative !
    THIS SUB IS AWESOME !
    Did you actually read the first post?! He didn't say that there shouldn't be a Filmation sub at all... he said that it should be a 6 figure sub instead of 12, so the overall cost of collecting this line doesn't get to be too much.

I'm happy about getting a Filmation sub, but frankly after the drop off in sub sales for this year, and with a lot of people scoffing at the price increase, the last thing they should do is make the line prohibitively too expensive, scaring off fans and sending it to an early grave.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    well said.
    READ the first post!

Seriously, people! You need to actually read and, more importantly, COMPREHEND the first post before you blindly agree with the second post, which was written by someone who apparently failed to do so.

If you are going to disagree with it, at least understand what IS being said, and disagree about the number of figures included, and NOT about whether the sub shoud even exist, since that is NOT what is being questioned here.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; February 11, 2013 at 06:58am.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I want the Filmation characters from MOTU only - could care less about POP ones, personally. Kinda makes me mad that we have to shell out additional bucks for Filmation figures on top of the normal Club Eternia subscription. I hoped they would be included with the CE subscription....

But then again....After the three they just revealed, I really only want Lizard Man, Strong Arm, and a few others....

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    I love the mentality of this forum now, you don't agree with something your an outcast . Seriously people in other threads have basically told other you can't afford the sub then get a better job or to just shut up and let others have what they want that's just low.
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    6 Filmation figures per year is fine. I prefer to see more vehicles and beasts instead of 12 Filmation figures.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I think 6 is a good number lets the figures be spread out a little better.

Wow the second poster... Unbelievably uncalled for rude post...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I have a concern about adding additional subs to MOTUC.

The 2013 subs barely hit the minimum to greenlight production. I remember many of us thought we greatly surpassed the minimum required, but when shown the actual math it wasn't as impressive as initially thought.

That minimum was hit due to many regular subscribers buying more subs than they normally would just to support the line. To green light 2014, it makes sense that many of those individuals would need to buy multiple Club Eternia subs again. At least it makes sense to me, to each his/her own.

Enter, potential 12 month Filmation sub...

So, are we truly expecting individuals (some of whom bought extra subs while planning on figuring out finances on a month by month basis) to by multiple Club Eternia subs again along with an additional Filmation sub for 2014? That's not even taking into account already high as hell shipping charges that would likely increase even more next year.

IF a full sized Filmation sub is offered in 2014, I see that as risky due to the impact it could have on 2014 Club Eternia subscription sales.

Sure there are pros, but what I just listed is a warning sign that I see.
    Last edited by slackrguy; February 11, 2013 at 08:09am.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Did you actually read the first post?! He didn't say that there shouldn't be a Filmation sub at all... he said that it should be a 6 figure sub instead of 12, so the overall cost of collecting this line doesn't get to be too much.

I'm happy about getting a Filmation sub, but frankly after the drop off in sub sales for this year, and with a lot of people scoffing at the price increase, the last thing they should do is make the line prohibitively too expensive, scaring off fans and sending it to an early grave.

- - - Updated - - -

READ the first post!

Seriously, people! You need to actually read and, more importantly, COMPREHEND the first post before you blindly agree with the second post, which was written by someone who apparently failed to do so.

If you are going to disagree with it, at least understand what IS being said, and disagree about the number of figures included, and NOT about whether the sub shoud even exist, since that is NOT what is being questioned here.
    thanks I know read but thanks for helping me, I am bit stupid
    If mattel can make more demanded characters and vehicules creatures for the normal sub it is is cool. And if in same tim they can do 12 filmation characters it is cool too. And imo better than only 6.
    Cause with only 6 per year you will be very far from getting all the great filmation characters they exist. And when the regular sub is over, I am afraid the filmation sub wont survive.
    So more they will make now and better than will be.
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com

I would like to get one Filmation sub but the money for those extra figures must go to pay shipping for this year's subscription (each two figures I get I have to pay full price of a figure on shipping)... I will pass on this and perhaps get one or two figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko View Post
    I think 6 is a good number lets the figures be spread out a little better.

Wow the second poster... Unbelievably uncalled for rude post...
    Well the title of the thread is extremely negative to begin with "Those of us who say NO to a 12-month Filmation sub!" It's yet another 'get the pitchforks and let's rally the people thread'.

I mean really the thread could have just easily have been called "Who prefers a 6-month Filmation sub for 2014?"

I think 12 figures is reasonable considering all they went through to get the rights and the massive fan demand for these characters. With all the gloom and doom talk around here and elsewhere regarding this line 2014 and beyond a 12 month bonus sub could very well strengthen the main line for the future.

I would be afraid that if they didn't do 12 months the chances of seeing more Filmation characters would go down. I am in for both 12 month suns in 2014 if they offer them! Regular AND Filmation!

Let's see Club Eternia is very likely to have: 12 Figures, 1 Sub exclusive + 4 Large Scale (from variant to 3 packs)
    Adding 12 more Filmation only figures to the mix is a VERY Risky move...
    Delays on figures are going to screw wallets.
    Shipping and custom costs for Internationals on a month with a Club Eternia figure, a filmation Figure and a CE Large Scale item would make it very prohibitive. (especially If it's a Giant or a 3pack)

This sub is for one-shot guys (like Nepthu or Spirit of Evil) So we might see it padded with a lot of Meh figures just to get to the cooler ones... why do I see Nepthu and Plundor showing up...

a 6 figure sub is a bit more manageable for all (both customers AND Mattel)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

A 12 figure Filmation sub is a bit much. With 6 figures this year and if they did 6 again next year, personally, i'll have filled my quota of Filmation characters. If Mattel choose to make the ones that are or have been demanded (in Top Ten lists for example) then yeah, there's no need for a 12 figure Filmation sub for me.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

If you don't want it don't buy it. Don't stop other people being able to if they want by saying it shouldn't happen. The more figures the better before the line ends. The longer it is drawn out the more chance the line will end before we get as many characters we want as we can. If you can't afford a sub for 12 figures then just buy six on day of sale or off ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    Well the title of the thread is extremely negative to begin with "Those of us who say NO to a 12-month Filmation sub!" It's yet another 'get the pitchforks and let's rally the people thread'.

I mean really the thread could have just easily have been called "Who prefers a 6-month Filmation sub for 2014?"

I think 12 figures is reasonable considering all they went through to get the rights and the massive fan demand for these characters. With all the gloom and doom talk around here and elsewhere regarding this line 2014 and beyond a 12 month bonus sub could very well strengthen the main line for the future.

I would be afraid that if they didn't do 12 months the chances of seeing more Filmation characters would go down. I am in for both 12 month suns in 2014 if they offer them! Regular AND Filmation!
    The object of the thread isn't to be negative. I agree with you somewhat that the title of my thread probably should have been a little more 'neutral' because of the way people have perceived it. However I would still expect people to read my original post before calling me selfish and negative and trying to incite some kind of riot which, these days, is extremely easy, it seems!!!!

If any moderators want to change the name of the thread to what you suggested then I am fine with that by all means :-)

Not trying to be negative here - I just think that it's going to be hard to build momentum towards this sub. And slightly off-topic, I have a feeling we may have to may $27 per figure for THIS YEAR'S 6 figure sub. Unless the pricing at $25 has been confirmed.

Six Filmation figures per year is enough for anyone in addition to what we are going to get in the 'main line'. But that's my opinion and I can see there's scope for a difference of opinion!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    If you don't want it don't buy it. Don't stop other people being able to if they want by saying it shouldn't happen.
    Again, NOT the point of the thread. Please read the post! I'm trying to see whether the opinions of some forum members is the same as my own - that 12 figures is too much for those who have a limited toy budget. I love Filmation. I want all of these characters. The point is to see whether people think 12 figures ADDITIONAL is too much!