Thread: Filmation in the Factions: Who will the Filmation Characters Stand with on your Shelf

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar

Filmation in the Factions: Who will the Filmation Characters Stand with on your Shelf

Now that we know we're getting a healthy does of Filmation characters in Classics I was wondering where everyone is going to stand on your display shelves. Will Batros stand with the Horde? Will Icer cozy up next to the Evil Warriors? Will Shokoti stand with Count Marzo? Who belongs to what faction and why?

For me Batros is a Hordesman, left behind after their retreat to Etheria. Icer will be with the Evil Warriors and Shokoti will be on the Eternia shelf that includes the Royal Family, Dekker, Lord Carnivus, Count Marzo and hopefully many, many more. I've always like the idea of there being more factions on the game board than just the Heroic and Evil Warriors.

All opinions are welcome!
    Last edited by MldMnrdReporter; February 10, 2013 at 01:35pm.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Icer, Strong Arm, Fang Man, and Goat Man will Jodie the Evil Warriors where they were always meant to be.

Lizard Man, Hawke, and Kittrina along with Dree Elle and Uncle Montork will joine the Masters!

Batros, Shokoti, Lord Masque, Geldor, Lodar, Plundar, Evilseed and Hunga will join Count Marzo in my version of the Council of Evil!
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    My Council of Evil is very similar. I'm tempted to include Batros there but only out of his hate for Skeletor. Heck, maybe he even hates Hordak for abandoning him.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Heroic Warrior
    My display really is just a big hodge-podge of several different action figures, so they will go wherever I can find some space for them.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    I like your Council of Evil under Count Marzo idea.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm a big fan of factions and not not interested in independent or one-shot villains. Therefore, for me, only the following apply:

Heroic Warriors: Lizard Man
    Evil Warriors: Fang Man, Icer, Strongarm
    Horde: Batros

While I'm excited for all of them, they just don't fit in my universe of factions.
    Figures needed before I open up my MIB collection...by Factions:

Heroic/Evil Warriors: Rio Blast, Ninjor,

Evil Horde: Entrapta, Dragstor, and ANY other Horde member!

Snake Men: Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Blast-Attak

Heroic Warrior
    Iced and Shokoti might just stay in the package. I'm running out of shelf space and am just keeping keeping space open for my favorites. If I were to open them they might get their own display with filmation villains and others that aren't reoccurring characters. It all depends on how they look together.
    Batros will probably be sold along with Fangman. Not my cup of tea.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I am trying to figure out where a few will go still.

Fang Man is going to go with the Snake Men (hey he is a reptile guy...lol)

Shokoti... I'm not sure, Either she will go on the "catch all" shelf where I have Keldor, Kronis, He-Ro, etc, or I might put her with the "Horde Prime bad guys" shelf.

Icer: Same deal... although maybe he will join the primary Horde (he wants to take over Frosta's kingdom)

Batros: Definitely with Hordak
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u:3204637
    Icer, Strong Arm, Fang Man, and Goat Man will Jodie the Evil Warriors where they were always meant to be.

Lizard Man, Hawke, and Kittrina along with Dree Elle and Uncle Montork will joine the Masters!

Batros, Shokoti, Lord Masque, Geldor, Lodar, Plundar, Evilseed and Hunga will join Count Marzo in my version of the Council of Evil!
    I'm also doing this as well! The Filmation Evil Warriors will side with Skeletor and any heroes will joing the Masters or the Council of Eternia. I have two Councils of Evil, one from Preternia (Demo Man, Megator, Dittstroyer, Draego Man and Shokoti) and a current one (Count Marzo, Geldor, Evil Seed, Batros, Gygor, Mo-Larr) Anyone else we may come across I'll disperse them to my liking.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

If Count Marzo is lucky Shokoti will let him stand behind her and be her lacky.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

I never said Count Marzo was leading the Council of Evil just that he is the only one already there!
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

I am going to integrate the Filmation characters into their correct factions, if that applies. I don't want the Filmations characters to stand out but blend seemlessly with the other figures. I will put more independent characters like Shokoti on the shelves that I designate for more independent villains and heroes. Icer will be with the Evil Warriors. Where Batros goes will probably be largely influenced by his bio - I prefer him to be an independent villain, though.

Heroic Warrior
    Count me in as someone else who's planning to integrate the Filmation characters in with the rest of their collection.

My collection has a number of wacky rules I try and abide by in terms of who gets displayed where, but to answer the current question, Shadow Weaver is currently with Hurricane Hordak and Catra on a second half-shelf devoted to the Horde (across from my PoP characters, who occupy the other half of that shelf), which is where Octavia and Batros will be going, too. Icer, Fang Man, and Shokoti will get grouped in with other non-Horde evil warriors depending on where there's space (i.e. a shelf where there are too many heroes that needs some villains to balance them out).

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I already have it planned out. Solo villains like Count Marzo, Evil Seed, Prahvus, Shokoti, Lord Masque, Lodar, Geldor, Icer, Gygor, Megator, Demo Man, Batros & others will stand together on there own. yes I know some may have teamed up at some point with the Horde or Skeletor, but for me the are really solo villains.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

They will go with their factions i.e. Bators Horde, Icer Evil Warriors. They all work for me.

Heroic Warrior
    My decision will be based somewhat on the bios, which I hope do more to integrate the characters into the main story than just restating their Filmation episode appearance. Otherwise, I'll display them where appropriate based on their animated adventures.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Sheshemie is definitely going opposite Ram Man, meaning she'll be in what I consider my main MOTUC display with KG's cardboard Grayskull. Batros may wind up there, as well, depending on space, as he is a favorite; he'd be doing his own thing independent of Skeletor and He-Man (he might be eyeing Duncan, realizing Man-at-Arms is the biggest threat to him as a fellow thinking man). If Kitrinna's made, she definitely will go in the main display, leaping into the fray front and center. Icer will go in one of the smaller displays backing up Skeletor. If Sea Hawk is made, he definitely goes in with the rebels facing off against the Horde. I pretty well go by what their roles were in the toons, and then place and pose them accordingly.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Snappy Threader
    Icer will go with the Evil Warriors. Batros with the Marzo type unaffiliated baddies (just for now in my mind, gotta see the bio to make my final determination). Shokoti, just another Netossa for me, no interest. She will go in the no interest drawer with Jewelstar, Starla, Netossa......

My figures are displayed in release order, so no biggie to me on this.

Usually how I display is the main figure of the months I have is first, then a variant, then a special figure like Draego, or CGm....but since I pick, sometimes there's no main figure, just a variant or a special figure for a certain month.

April was TP He-Man, then Draego Man.... June was Horde Prime then SMAA...etc.

So if I were to get the Filmation figures, since I find nothing I want between April and August, and have to sell them off....having a Filmation figure in July will be a nice thing. Hopefully the SDCC figure is a good one this year too.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I display my figures by faction, though I can't decide whether Shokoti will be part of Preternia or in the one off character section. No I don't call these the council of evil either, it is just a combination of characters that don't really fit the other factions. Currently, Draego-Man, Count Marzo, and The Faceless One are in this section. Granamyr would be in this section, but he is so large, I display him by himself on a shelf. So, you see it is a combination of good and bad guys not really belonging to a certain faction. Most likely Shokoti will go here as will Batros and other characters such as Plundor, Masque, Nepthu, Negator, Evil Seed (if they get made). Batros is not a member of the Horde in my cannon. He is a one off villain from the dark side of Eternia, exactly how he was portrayed in the Filmation episode. Icer and Fangman, of course, will go with Skeletor and his cronies. In addition to displaying them in factions, I also rank each faction. Fangman probably will be near Tri-Klops in honor of the episode "The Time Corridor." Icer will be after Spikor, but before Stinkor. Kobra Kahn hangs with Skeletor and Rattlor and Tung Lashor will be with the Horde in my cannon. Jitsu is ranked a little higher being he was an early vintage character and he becomes head of Snake Mountain(?), so he will get placed after Faker but before Clawful.

So my evil warriors are displayed as follows:

Skeletor, Keldor, Beast Man, Evil Lyn, BG Evil-Lyn (my primary version for now), Trap Jaw, Mer-Man, Tri Klops, (Fang Man), Faker (one of the best painted figs in the line - imo), (Jitsu), Clawful, Whiplash, Webstor, Kobra Kahn, Spikor, (Icer), Stinkor, Scareglow, Space Mutants, etc.

I'm a huge Filmation fan first and foremost. That cartoon is what sealed the deal for me in the Masters of the Universe fandom. I like the pre-Filmation stuff, but I'm not a fan of comics in general, so the cartoon did it for me. The NA cartoon was just crap, I'm sorry. So, the characters from this toon, I don't really care about. However, I do like some of the designs classics has made of them, especially Flipshot (Icarius). Karatti looks neat too. Mike Young cartoon has its moments, but I didn't care for some of the changes to the characters (hyper stylized), nor did I care for the changes in voicings. I loathed their version of the castles, palace, Snake Mountain. Filmation backgrounds were way better, so was the music. One reason I quit collecting the vintage line was because they quit making characters that appeared in the toon, or they would make them so drastically different (i.e., Clawful, Multi-Bot, etc.), and continued to make new characters. Well, with the exeption of very few such as Stinkor, I don't care for some of the last couple waves of figures, and they kinda hold a negative feeling with me. To this day, I never will understand why Mattel did that or decided to make figures so drastically different from the toon. For gosh sakes, they could have required Filmation to have Mer-Man's head look more like the figure. Although, I think the Filmation head is the best head for him. Oh and by-the-way, I always hated the He-Man and Skeletor variants. To this day even, I haven't kept one. This is because when I needed a new Skeletor or He-Man when I was young, I could never find an original, only the stupid variants that were never used in the toon.

Of course, you can all guess who my absolute favorite character is - lol?
    Last edited by csc0709; February 11, 2013 at 01:58pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Batros, Icer, Shokoti will all stand behind the Evil Warriors in the same spot I have Marzo, Demo Man, and Draego Man.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    To me, Batros is an independent villain. I like the fact that he could work with Skeletor from time to time and at the same time have allied with Hordak in the past... I hope his bio will shed more light on his affiliation...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Well so far Fang Man & Icer go with Skelly. Batros & Shokoti I'll more than likely put with Marzo, Geldor & maybe Gygor. Sometimes it's really hard to figure out how you want it.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes