Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Take part in three more official Mattel polls! Characters in MOTUC, j-hooks and more.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Here's my vote:

Vintage PoP toy
    Filmation She-Ra
    New Adventures cartoon (we have ZERO!! )
    New Adventures toy
    Filmation He-Man
    2002 MYP
    Concept characters (Illumina PLEASE! )
    Comics and mini-comics
    Vintage MOTU toy
    He-Man and Skeletor variants
    New characters (they didn't go over so well )

- I open my figures
    - I do not use J-hooks.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Hmmm....looks like my priorities are not in line with most others who have posted so far....
    1) vintage She-Ra
    2) vintage He-Man
    3) Filmation She-Ra
    4) Filmation He-Man
    5) vintage NA
    6) cartoon NA
    7) MYP
    8) mini comics
    9) concept
    10) He-Man/Skeletor variants
    11) new characters

more vintage Masters of the Universe toy characters (absolutely required)
    more Filmation She-Ra cartoon characters (my favorite and preferred design for POP)
    more vintage New Adventures toy characters (necessary to get a few more of these guys)
    more concept characters (Mostly because of Eldor)
    more 2002 Mike Young Productions He-Man cartoon characters (Quite a few good characters)
    more characters from comics and mini-comics (definitely some decent choices left)
    more variants of He-Man and Skeletor (NA Skeletor and Ice armor He-man, please)
    more Filmation He-Man cartoon characters (There are some decent designs here and there)
    more New Adventures cartoon characters (Not really interested)
    more vintage Princess of Power toy characters (would much rather have Filmation)
    more new original characters (Nope)
    Last edited by Barbecue17; February 6, 2013 at 09:59am.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Top 3:

Mini comics (bring on red Beast Man & "Oo-Lar"!)
    MOTU vintage figures
    Concept characters
    Last edited by Lich Leech; February 6, 2013 at 10:30am.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I don't care for any more concept, new characters, NA, or 200X characters, so they went to the bottom.

Top was MOTU Vintage, Filmation She-Ra, She-Ra Vintage, then Filmation MOTU.

I keep carded and loose, so I picked carded, and I have never once used the hooks on the back.
    Recent....Blade
    Coming....Scorpia & Battle Lion
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I voted as follows:

1)-more vintage Masters of the Universe toy characters
    -more vintage Princess of Power toy characters
    -more vintage New Adventures toy characters
    -more characters from comics and mini-comics
    -more 2002 Mike Young Productions He-Man cartoon characters
    -more variants of He-Man and Skeletor
    -more concept characters
    -more new original characters
    -more Filmation He-Man cartoon characters
    -more Filmation She-Ra cartoon characters
    -more New Adventures cartoon characters

2) Display Loose

3) No j-hooks
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    more Filmation She-Ra cartoon characters (my favorite and preferred design for POP)

more vintage Princess of Power toy characters (would much rather have Filmation)
    I could be wrong, but I think this poll is about characters not design. So vintage POP means the characters from that line, Mermista, Double Trouble, Entrapta, not the vintage designs. Filmation POP would be the characters created for the cartoon, Scorpia, Madame Razz, and Seahawk for example.

I too prefer the Filmation designs for the POP characters.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I voted last night (as stated in my previous post). I'm actually trying to remember the exact order that I put these in since I kept going back and forth over a few things.

If I recall correctly.... I put Filmation POP at #1 mainly because there are quite a few characters that were only in the cartoon and were never made into toys that I want to see come out. My mind tends to go in the direction of POP rather than MOTU when I start thinking of Filmation characters that I want to see in the line

I forget the exact order, but my next three after that were some combination of vintage MOTU, vintage POP, and Filmation MOTU. I think I ranked vintage MOTU a bit lower than the rest, not because it isn't important to me, but because there's really only a small handful of figures left (most of which are rather popular) in the vintage line that are 'must haves' for me before the line ends, and since most of them are rather popular, it's pretty much a no-brainer that as long as we get enough sub sales to keep the line going, these characters WILL come out, so they aren't in as big of a need of a vote.

But even for vintage POP and Filmation MOTU, there's really only a small handful of "must haves" for me from each of those categories.

At the very bottom of the list was The two NA categories and below both of them, new original characters. No offense to NA fans, but let's face it... NA is more or less the red-headed step child of the entire property, and the overall demand compared to MOTU and POP is much, much lower. Don't get me wrong, the few figures that we have gotten from it have turned out nice and I like them and all, but from a priority stand point with the line being in "crisis mode" and all, they are just super low on the todem pole.

New original characters are at the very bottom since at this point we really don't need ANY more of them since we have so many existing characters to get through.

And if I recall correctly, in the "middle" of all of the above was something roughly resembling this:

He-Man/Skeletor Variants
    MYP
    Comic characters
    Concepts.

I think it was roughly in that order. I put the variants on top since there actually are a few that I'd like to see, and I actually care more about those than most anything I can think of from those other categories. In hind sight I maybe ranked Concepts a bit lower than I should have since I actually would really like to see Eldor come out before the line ends, but beyond him I don't care about getting any further concept/prototype characters.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I do use the j-hooks and it scares me a bit that so many people seem not to as I think Mattel might do away with the hooks to reduce costs.
    But how else can the figures be hung on the wall?
    I'd be interested in knowing what other MOC collectors who do not use the j-hooks do with their MOC figures?
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    More polls, more "broken" choices.

I want to vote for new characters, but only if it's 4H creations, or designs voted on by the fans. NOTHING by Mattel staff, who have demonstrated their inability to create characters that resonate with fans.

I want to vote for variants, but I think improved "2.0" versions would be better investments than extant ones from the actual toy lines. Example . . . Discs of Doom Skeletor? Absolutely not.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I voted thusly:

more 2002 Mike Young Productions He-Man cartoon characters
    more characters from comics and mini-comics
    more New Adventures cartoon characters
    more vintage New Adventures toy characters
    more vintage Princess of Power toy characters
    more vintage Masters of the Universe toy characters
    more variants of He-Man and Skeletor
    more Filmation She-Ra cartoon characters
    more Filmation He-Man cartoon characters
    more concept characters
    more new original characters

I display my figures loose.

I don't care about J-hooks, so No.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress Ninjor Tung Lashor Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Mermista Evilseed (MYP)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think this poll is about characters not design. So vintage POP means the characters from that line, Mermista, Double Trouble, Entrapta, not the vintage designs. Filmation POP would be the characters created for the cartoon, Scorpia, Madame Razz, and Seahawk for example.
    I'm certain Slave2Evil_Lyn is correct. This poll is about CHARACTER selection and not how characters will look. Toy PoP = Glimmer, Kowl, Queen Angella, Mermista, etc. Filmation She-Ra = Sea Hawk, Scorpia, Madame Razz & Broom, etc.

It's just like vintage toy MOTU = characters that were toys and Filmation MOTU means characters that were only in Filmation (like Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Enchantress, etc.).

NA cartoon = Crita, Mara, Master Sebrian whereas the toys = Nocturna, Hydron, Flogg.

Filmation/Cartoon = characters that only appeared in the cartoon.
    Toy = characters that were made as toys.

This poll is about character selection, not design choice.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    I do use the j-hooks and it scares me a bit that so many people seem not to as I think Mattel might do away with the hooks to reduce costs.
    But how else can the figures be hung on the wall?
    I'd be interested in knowing what other MOC collectors who do not use the j-hooks do with their MOC figures?
    To me using the hooks messes up the clean look and detracts from as mint a card as possible, I use Zoloworld cases. Protects the bubbles and cards perfectly, and allows perfect hanging on the walls.
    Recent....Blade
    Coming....Scorpia & Battle Lion
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Aaarrgh! Question no. 1 is very difficult! Can not decide ...

Comic/Mini-comic (I need me a Slave Girl and Lodar!)
    Concepts (Wind Raider Pilot? Horde Mummy!)
    Filmation He-Man (Mmmm, Batros, Shokoti, Lord Masque)
    POP (Really under represented at this point)
    Filmation POP (Scorpia, Razz and Sea Hawk are musts.)
    NA (Even more under represented. Fairness in the factions.)
    NA Cartoon (Crita at the very least)
    Vintage MOTU (Like they'll ever ignore these guys to begin with.)
    Variants (Not a high priority. I'd prefer unique character over rehashes.)
    New (Pass on new when there's so much established stuff that needs to be made first.)
    2002 (Already have Faceless One, that's all I need from this time period and I prefer vintage designs over 2002 designs.)
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    This is what I went with according to my priorities with remaining character pools:

More vintage MOTU toy characters -> Two-Bad, Ninjor, Mantenna, Modulok, Multi-Bot, Dragstor, Stonedar, Rokkon, Extendar, Rio Blast, Blade, Saurod, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Blast-Attak, etc...
    More vintage POP toy characters -> Castaspella, Glimmer, Mermista, Peekablue, Sweet Bee, Entrapta, Angella, Flutterina, Double Trouble, Kowl, etc...
    More Filmation She-Ra cartoon characters -> Scorpia, Sea Hawk, Dylamug, Hunga the Harpy, Madame Razz, The Red Knight, General Sunder, Huntara, Vultak, etc...
    More Filmation He-Man cartoon characters -> Shokoti, Strong Arm, Lord Masque, Lizard Man, Garth, Garn, Kol-Darr, etc...
    More concept characters -> Horde Mummy, Green Witch, Red Beast, Darius, Crystoll, Acrobad, Eldor, etc...
    More new original characters -> I've actually grown to enjoy seeing new, original characters. As long as they aren't terrible designs!
    More vintage New Adventures toy characters -> Flogg, Lizzor, Quakke, Hydron, etc..
    More characters from comics and mini comics -> Lodar, Goat Man, whatever demons, monsters, or other cool looking characters.
    More variants of He-Man and Skeletor -> Terror Claws, Flying Fists, NA Skeletor, Snake Armor He-Man, etc... (hold the bad ones)
    More 2002 Mike Young Productions cartoon characters -> Calix, Evil Seed, ABC Giants (Council of Evil...whut!)
    More New Adventures cartoon characters -> Meh.

Some characters I don't know which category they fall into or can actually fall into multiple. I'd like them to do their best with them. Like Evil Seed for example. I enjoy both the Filmation and MYP look. If they could find a way to kill 2 birds on that figure, that would be great! Also I GREATLY prefer the concept of Acrobad to the Filmation She-Ra version. There's probably more...

It's hard to rank these because I want them to get THE MOST outta the Filmation license while they can! Those characters are just as important to me as the rest of vintage MOTU/POP.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm certain Slave2Evil_Lyn is correct. This poll is about CHARACTER selection and not how characters will look. Toy PoP = Glimmer, Kowl, Queen Angella, Mermista, etc. Filmation She-Ra = Sea Hawk, Scorpia, Madame Razz & Broom, etc.

It's just like vintage toy MOTU = characters that were toys and Filmation MOTU means characters that were only in Filmation (like Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Enchantress, etc.).

NA cartoon = Crita, Mara, Master Sebrian whereas the toys = Nocturna, Hydron, Flogg.

I fully agree as well (and it was in that mind set that I voted the way that I did), but I get the feeling that a lot of people are going to vote with the wrong idea in mind, which may unfortunately skew results.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Same here...
    ...Amazing!

I voted for Filmation She-Ra and POP in my top two, followed by Vintage and NA stuff. Dead last were new characters, concept, and variants of He-Man and Skeletor.

I hate the J hooks, they always get in the way when I'm putting my figures back in the white mailer boxes. I voted to get rid of them.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

This is my vote, but I seriously hope that all the characters will be made eventually

1)
    -more vintage New Adventures toy characters (need all of them + Darius and it looks like they want to cut these so I put it as no 1)
    -more 2002 Mike Young Productions He-Man cartoon characters (there are so many on my list btw. I am very happy Dekker got released)
    -more vintage Masters of the Universe toy characters (need all of them, including Eldor!)
    -more vintage Princess of Power toy characters (need all of them)
    -more characters from comics and mini-comics (Masks of Power, Prince Dakkon, jungle He-Man, purple beast from the 1st mini, Haramesh, Ice Hacker, red Beastman ...)
    -more variants of He-Man and Skeletor (NA Disk of Doom Skeletor and NA Battle Blade Skeletor, and to be honest I love disco Skeletor repaint)
    -more Filmation He-Man cartoon characters (I would like to have Shokoti, Lord Masque, Melaktha, Batros, Montork and Dree Elle)
    -more Filmation She-Ra cartoon characters (I would like to have all the small guys of great rebellion, Sea Hawk, Scorpia, Hunga harpy, Huntara, Ahgo king of trolls, Red Knight)
    -more New Adventures cartoon characters (Master Sebrian, Drissi, Crita)
    -more concept characters (Wind Raider pilot)
    -more new original characters (would be nice to have but do the already existing characters first please)

2) I open the figs for display

3) do not need J-hook

I get what you folks are saying, but what made it confusing for me initially is Mattel allowing us the options for new characters, He-Man and Skeletor variants, and concept characters - items they strongly implied were not going to be part of the line-up in 2014 and beyond in one of the recent Q & A threads. So when I first looked at the list, it was like: "Hmmm, if they're allowing all this other stuff, surely toy POP designs should be fitting in somewhere here too" I dunno, even though this is about characters and not designs, I guess I don't get why there's not an option for some POP variants if they're allowing us the option for some MOTU/NA/2002 etc variants for He-Man & Skeletor.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I found the wording a bit confusing so I put everything She-Ra and NA on the top spots...
    If you want Rio Blast or Mantenna the most then you should vote Vintage MOTU toys on top. If you want Glimmer or Entrapta then you vote Vintage POP toys on top... etc.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

It is a poll like this that gets me really excited about the future of the line....if they follow what these polls show...we could keep the line going longer....and get more of what we really want....
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Filmation He-Man (Shokoti, Lizard Man, Masque, Strongarm, Negator, Icer, yes even Plundor)
    Filmation She-Ra (Scorpia, Madame Razz, Seahawk, Huntara, Hunga, Agho)
    Concept Characters (this is mostly for Eldor, but I assume Illumina fits here too or the next one)
    Comic and Mini Comic characters (Lodar, Dakkon, Lt. Andra, Catra's Cat Men, Haramesh, King Hiss's Slave, MoP demons...I want a lot of them).
    Vintage PoP (Glimmer, Angela, Castaspella, Sweet Bee, Mermista, Double Trouble are all ones I'd like to see)
    MYP (Prahvus, Veena, Evilseed, and Dactys!)
    Original characters (so long as the Horsemen create them)
    Vintage He-Man (Ninjor, Modulok, and Mantenna are big ones but I'm sure this will rank higher on average)
    Variants
    NA toon
    NA toys (I'm sorry NA fans)
    Concept characters (Illumina PLEASE! http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...OTUC/ILsad.gif)
    Amen! She didn't get to do much in canon, but she did as much as Vikor, Demo-Man, Gygor, Draego-Man, and Castle Grayskullman and all those are pretty cool figures (yes, no comment on Vykron and the other 30th anniversary guys, but even they have some fans).
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

You think they'll save a dollar on those hooks?