Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Take part in three more official Mattel polls! Characters in MOTUC, j-hooks and more.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    It is a poll like this that gets me really excited about the future of the line....if they follow what these polls show...we could keep the line going longer....and get more of what we really want....
    Very curious to know what Mattel's intentions are once they get the results. I thought they weren't going to be doing concepts, variants etc. after this year, and already had a plan in place for 2014 so far as which characters they were going to be slotting in ("A-Listers" etc.), so I'm kind of wondering what the purpose is behind this.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Voted Vintage He-Man, Filmation, mini-comics as priorities. Concepts, new characters, He-Man and Skeletor variants came in last. PoP Toy designs came in dead, dead last.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Voted Vintage He-Man, Filmation, mini-comics as priorities. Concepts, new characters, He-Man and Skeletor variants came in last. PoP Toy designs came in dead, dead last.
    I think it's Vintage PoP Toy Characters, not designs. Sure they may be mostly based on their Filmation look with maybe a hint of vintage PoP toy design if we're lucky, but I think you misunderstood this. Surely, vintage PoP characters can't be dead last for you? They look great in your pics!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I voted, the only sure questions I had were loose and no I don't since I open them.

the only NA stuff got put on the bottom of my list, with He-man and Skeletor variants. The only He-man variant I would love to see would be Ice Armor He-man, for the most part I could go without seeing more of these. Everything else was kind of a depends on who and what they look like more than their affiliation within the mythos.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Here's how I ranked them:

more Filmation She-Ra cartoon characters
    more Filmation He-Man cartoon characters
    more vintage Princess of Power toy characters
    more vintage Masters of the Universe toy characters
    more New Adventures cartoon characters
    more vintage New Adventures toy characters
    more 2002 Mike Young Productions He-Man cartoon characters
    more variants of He-Man and Skeletor
    more characters from comics and mini-comics
    more concept characters
    more new original characters

With the MOC or loose collector question, we are only voting to find ratio of loose/moc collectors right, and not whether the 2014 figures could be poly bagged? I voted 'MOC' since I open some and also keep some carded...

I have no need for the J hooks.
    Last edited by blackiecats; February 6, 2013 at 07:15pm.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

We were basically told no major changes for 2014 (other than concentrating on more name characters), so I hope they aren't looking for ways to save money and giving us less packaging in 2014. We got the price hike in 2013, so there wouldn't be further price hikes or budget cutting in 2013 & 2014.

tried to vote, but it says the poll has closed. What's the story?
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Interesting poll questions.

As others have raised, we've already been told (multiple times) that IF there is a subscription in 2014 (and beyond), that Mattel will focus on providing the remaining A-List and fan demanded characters from MOTU, POP and NA as action figures. So, what could the purpose of the first poll question be? Determining what characters to release outside of the subscription? Determining how to prioritise the remaining MOTU, POP and NA characters for release as part of the (possible) subscription in 2014?

The second poll question is also odd. Why does Mattel care what we do with our MOTUC action figures? Surely all Mattel cares about is the fact that the figures have been sold. Whether we keep them in their boxes, open them, re-sell them or melt them in the microwave, it really doesn't impact Mattel. It would seem that the poll question is indirectly related to packaging and whether or not the majority of fans keep their figures "Mint in Box" or open them for display.

The third poll question is clearer, but again seems to be asking whether fans keep their figures "Mint in Box" (in which instance, the hooks are probably used for display purposes) or open them for display.

I guess it just would have been preferable to understand the motivations behind asking these questions when responding to the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I think it's Vintage PoP Toy Characters, not designs. Sure they may be mostly based on their Filmation look with maybe a hint of vintage PoP toy design if we're lucky, but I think you misunderstood this. Surely, vintage PoP characters can't be dead last for you? They look great in your pics!
    Filmation PoP characters I want, yes. Toy-based PoP characters, no--dead, dead, dead last.

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Filmation PoP characters I want, yes. Toy-based PoP characters, no--dead, dead, dead last.
    Toy Based characters are any character that had a toy in the vintage lines. Glimmer, Angella, Entrapta, Mermista and so on. Flimation She-ra are characters like Madame Razz, Scorpia, Sea Hawk, Granita, and Vultak.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Toy Based characters are any character that had a toy in the vintage lines. Glimmer, Angella, Entrapta, Mermista and so on. Flimation She-ra are characters like Madame Razz, Scorpia, Sea Hawk, Granita, and Vultak.
    As long as they're done Filmation-style (as it has been so far) and not vintage PoP toy-style, I want them.

I voted vintage toy PoP a lot lower (8) than Filmation PoP (3) as well and not because I didn't "get" it. I get it....but I don't want Mermista, Angella, Flutterina like I want Madame Razz, Scorpia, Vultak. I'm sure there are other people that feel the same way. I knew they were refering to characters and not style...I just like the Filmation Characters better.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    This is the exact question before you arrange your character choices:

What characters would you like more of in MOTUC?
    The question has nothing to do with designs of characters. If anyone wants (for example) Filmation Glimmer, and is putting the category "more Filmation She-Ra cartoon characters" first (because you want all the characters to look like the cartoon), but vote "more vintage Princess of Power toy characters" last (because you do not like how the 80's PoP toys looked)...you're telling Mattel you do not want Glimmer at all. Glimmer is a toy character. Any PoP lady that's in the Filmation cartoon is ONLY included in the Princess of Power toy category. Characters that ONLY appeared in the She-Ra Filmation cartoon, are ONLY included in the Filmation category. I'm sure the categories have been separated as such (PoP toy VS Filmation She-Ra) because of all the debate the last couple years over what constitutes a PoP toy (Mattel saying any Horde member, like Grizzlor, is considered PoP and Horde..).

For this poll, it divides as follows:

Toy = Queen Angella, Castaspella, Glimmer, Kowl, Double Trouble, Perfuma, Mermista, Sweet Bee, Flutterina, Spinnerella, Entrapta, Peekablue, Loo-Kee

Filmation = Scorpia, Sea Hawk, Swen, Madame Razz & Broom, Vultak, General Sunder, Imp, Filmation Hordak (possibly), Granita, Dylamug, Melog, Hunga the Harpy, Huntara, False Face, Duke Dreer, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Kowla, Red Eye, Lohni, Mortella, Norwin, Prince Zed, Horde Corporal Romeo, Red Knight, Spyster, Shakra, etc. Characters that were ONLY in Filmation.

****If anyone misunderstood this, I'm very certain you can re-vote if you would like to****

In all the past .org polls, if you voted a second time we were told it would write over your first vote. So, if you want Glimmer, Castaspella and more, but voted the toy Princess of Power characters near the bottom, we will probably not see them made until much, much later in the line...if at all.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; February 6, 2013 at 10:56pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    This is the exact question before you arrange your character choices:

The question has nothing to do with designs of characters. If anyone wants (for example) Filmation Glimmer, and is putting the category "more Filmation She-Ra cartoon characters" first (because you want all the characters to look like the cartoon), but vote "more vintage Princess of Power toy characters" last (because you do not like how the 80's PoP toys looked)...you're telling Mattel you do not want Glimmer at all. Glimmer is a toy character. Any PoP lady that's in the Filmation cartoon is ONLY included in the Princess of Power toy category. Characters that ONLY appeared in the She-Ra Filmation cartoon, are ONLY included in the Filmation category. I'm sure the categories have been separated as such (PoP toy VS Filmation She-Ra) because of all the debate the last couple years over what constitutes a PoP toy (Mattel saying any Horde member, like Grizzlor, is considered PoP and Horde..).

For this poll, it divides as follows:

Toy = Queen Angella, Castaspella, Glimmer, Kowl, Double Trouble, Perfuma, Mermista, Sweet Bee, Flutterina, Spinnerella, Entrapta, Peekablue, Loo-Kee

Filmation = Scorpia, Sea Hawk, Swen, Madame Razz & Broom, Vultak, General Sunder, Imp, Filmation Hordak (possibly), Granita, Dylamug, Melog, Hunga the Harpy, Huntara, False Face, Duke Dreer, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Kowla, Red Eye, Lohni, Mortella, Norwin, Prince Zed, Horde Corporal Romeo, Red Knight, Spyster, Shakra, etc. Characters that were ONLY in Filmation.

****If anyone misunderstood this, I'm very certain you can re-vote if you would like to****

In all the past .org polls, if you voted a second time we were told it would write over your first vote. So, if you want Glimmer, Castaspella and more, but voted the toy Princess of Power characters near the bottom, we will probably not see them made until much, much later in the line...if at all.
    So what you're really saying is that because someone doesn't know how to correctly articulate and put together a poll, a highly demanded faction could go completely ignored. Why not put clarification in the explanation of the poll?
    Also, at this point, we've done polls to death. Are you saying that all of the polls we've done previously are now vapor and this is the sole poll to which Mattel will base the future of MOTUC?
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    So what you're really saying is that because someone doesn't know how to correctly articulate and put together a poll, a highly demanded faction could go completely ignored. Why not put clarification in the explanation of the poll?
    Also, at this point, we've done polls to death. Are you saying that all of the polls we've done previously are now vapor and this is the sole poll to which Mattel will base the future of MOTUC?
    Fair points.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    You think they'll save a dollar on those hooks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    We were basically told no major changes for 2014 (other than concentrating on more name characters), so I hope they aren't looking for ways to save money and giving us less packaging in 2014. We got the price hike in 2013, so there wouldn't be further price hikes or budget cutting in 2013 & 2014.
    Cutting the Packaging will not save much money, it's cardboard and thin sheet plastic made with forms and dyes used and made the exact same way since 2008, only thing different from package to package is the figures in the cross sell section, the text and image on the bio, and the text on the paper name inserts.... People act like they make a whole new package for every figure, changing text and rearranging pictures of figures is nothing, I do similar stuff all the time, it takes a skilled person seconds to do. When it comes to the packaging it will do nothing to the prices if it was cut. The real money is in the deco, and toolings (which includes the figures and accessories), Cut a tooling out, and that is big bucks. That being said....no one really wants a different and inferior product than we've been getting since 2008, regardless if you think just because you toss packaging it's worthless....there's a whole segment that begs to differ. But I guess it's really a hard thing to rip a plastic bubble from a piece of cardboard and cut a couple rubber bands.... I can gut a MOTUC from a blister in 30 seconds or less with a sharp blade while still keeping the card back crisp and intact....it's not hard, so deal with the packaging, it needs to stay just as it is.

To a point, polls are stupid and worthless, and many can be very confusing if not worded right....Often times people can vote for the wrong thing, because they looked at something wrong....

I think the long ass ******** thread Scott started is a better indicator than the poll here.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; February 7, 2013 at 12:14am.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Widget
    My votes

1. More vintage MOTU characters
    2. More 2002 MYP characters
    3. More Filmation He-Man characters
    4. More Filmation She-Ra characters
    5. More POP characters
    6. More Comic and Mini-Comic characters
    7. More Concept characters
    8. More new original characters
    9. More vintage NA toys characters
    10. More NA cartoon characters
    11. More He-Man/Skeletor variants
    I've gone on holiday by mistake

I hope this confusion doesn't mean POP will pick up fewer votes I majorly want Spinnerella, Glimmer, Peekablue et al in their Filmation style - the poll is potentially quite misleading.

Wouldn't it have been better to poll *characters*? Sure, it would've been a big list, but it would give fans the chance to express exactly who they want in the line and how badly (eg. I have no interest in He-Man or Skeletor variants, but I'd love a Filmation Hordak...he's one of (if not the) most requested variant now.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Filmation He-Man (Shokoti, Lizard Man, Masque, Strongarm, Negator, Icer, yes even Plundor)
    Filmation She-Ra (Scorpia, Madame Razz, Seahawk, Huntara, Hunga, Agho)
    Concept Characters (this is mostly for Eldor, but I assume Illumina fits here too or the next one)
    Comic and Mini Comic characters (Lodar, Dakkon, Lt. Andra, Catra's Cat Men, Haramesh, King Hiss's Slave, MoP demons...I want a lot of them).
    Vintage PoP (Glimmer, Angela, Castaspella, Sweet Bee, Mermista, Double Trouble are all ones I'd like to see)
    MYP (Prahvus, Veena, Evilseed, and Dactys!)
    Original characters (so long as the Horsemen create them)
    Vintage He-Man (Ninjor, Modulok, and Mantenna are big ones but I'm sure this will rank higher on average)
    Variants
    NA toon
    NA toys (I'm sorry NA fans)

Amen! She didn't get to do much in canon, but she did as much as Vikor, Demo-Man, Gygor, Draego-Man, and Castle Grayskullman and all those are pretty cool figures (yes, no comment on Vykron and the other 30th anniversary guys, but even they have some fans).
    Illumina isn't a concept character. She first appeared in a comic. So she would be under "Comic and Mini-Comic characters" along with Lodar, Slave Girl, Prince Dakon, MoP Demons, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

As long as they're done Filmation-style (as it has been so far) and not vintage PoP toy-style, I want them.
    Then I think you made an error in your voting. So far, every PoP figure has been mostly designed after the style guide, which is closer to the Filmation look than the original "toy look".

- - - Updated - - -

I thought it was pretty obvious what the poll meant.

Here's my vote:

Concept characters (Illumina PLEASE! http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...OTUC/ILsad.gif)
    Comics and mini-comics
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Illumina isn't a concept character. She first appeared in a comic. So she would be under "Comic and Mini-Comic characters" along with Lodar, Slave Girl, Prince Dakon, MoP Demons, etc.
    @ Darkspecter: I think King Tamusk is probably right about Illumina, so you may want to consider re-submitting your vote.

I disagree. The way Mattel talked about her in the past, more or less downgrading her to a fan-fic character, and the fact that she never actually appeared in a comic but only in an add for a comic that was never released makes me think she is considered a concept character.

Look at Darius from NA for comparison. He actually appeared in some German Comics if I remember correctly but is still considered a concept/prototype character. Illumina never appeared anywhere except for that one add.
    Awesome sticker included!

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    I disagree. The way Mattel talked about her in the past, more or less downgrading her to a fan-fic character, and the fact that she never actually appeared in a comic but only in an add for a comic that was never released makes me think she is considered a concept character.

Look at Darius from NA for comparison. He actually appeared in some German Comics if I remember correctly but is still considered a concept/prototype character. Illumina never appeared anywhere except for that one add.
    Yeah, good points. I see where you're coming from. Technically she could fall under both, but I guess it comes down to what Mattel's current mindset is on these categories. It's kind of annoying, because sometimes they flip-flop, use certain descriptions interchangeably and/or are vague on what their current stance is on certain characters. That's why I don't really like this particular poll. Upon initial view of the choices, I was sitting there having to replay past discussions in my mind, especially regarding POP, and then wondering if they were applying similar past logic to these options or if they changed their stance on certain things without telling us/being clear about it to us.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post

I thought it was pretty obvious what the poll meant.
    It was confusing to a lot of fans, specifically POP fans. If I was the only one confused I would have kept my mouth shut. Not every fan knows where every character fits into these slots as evidenced by this thread, and not every fan eats, breaths, and sleeps MOTU enough to figure out where Illumina fits, or where Filmation Castaspella fits or what the difference is. There are too many fans that assume She-Ra Filmation means the Filmation look for POP figures, not knowing that they exclusively fall under the POP category. If fans are trying to make sure that they're voting for Filmation Glimmer over Vintage toy Glimmer, then this poll is a failure. It's not conveying what needs to be conveyed so the results are skewed before the answers are even submitted. How is that fair to anyone?
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

1. more characters from comics and mini-comics
    2. more vintage Masters of the Universe toy characters
    3. more variants of He-Man and Skeletor
    4. more 2002 Mike Young Productions He-Man cartoon characters
    5. more concept characters
    6. more vintage Princess of Power toy characters
    7. more new original characters
    8. more Filmation He-Man cartoon characters
    9. more Filmation She-Ra cartoon characters
    10. more vintage New Adventures toy characters
    11. more New Adventures cartoon characters

- I collect primarily MOC, but I also have a loose collection of the figures I really like

- I don't use the hook at all
    Last edited by Crusader; February 7, 2013 at 09:19am.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I'm certain Slave2Evil_Lyn is correct. This poll is about CHARACTER selection and not how characters will look. Toy PoP = Glimmer, Kowl, Queen Angella, Mermista, etc. Filmation She-Ra = Sea Hawk, Scorpia, Madame Razz & Broom, etc.

It's just like vintage toy MOTU = characters that were toys and Filmation MOTU means characters that were only in Filmation (like Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Enchantress, etc.).

NA cartoon = Crita, Mara, Master Sebrian whereas the toys = Nocturna, Hydron, Flogg.

Filmation/Cartoon = characters that only appeared in the cartoon.
    Toy = characters that were made as toys.

This poll is about character selection, not design choice.
    Just went to revote- the poll actually had saved my choices from last time and I was able to easily reconfigure them the way I wanted. I switched the vintage POP from 2nd to last to 2nd overall and dropped Filmation POP from 2nd to 4th last.

If you've changed your mine or feel you've misunderstood, it appears you are able to make changes. Good luck!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"