Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 550 of 877

Thread: Leaked Toy Fair photos from Matty Collector - Figure reveals *SPOILERS*

  1. #526
    Always Hungry.... Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Snake Mountain
    Posts
    3,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Shokoti's Slave View Post
    Something just occured to me...

    They said that someone BIG would b revealed at NYTF. Now, if that didn't refer to Mantenna, then maybe they meant literally. Maybe they meant a certain Filmation beast that had a great deal to do with the Staff of Avion. I am of course referring to:

    http://www.toplessrobot.com/molkrom.jpg

    Is it possible the picture of the Staff was a hint? After all, it had nothing to do with any of the figures shown.
    This would kick ass!!! Totally! I'd buy multiples....

    On a side note we have alot of grumpy people that complain about NOT getting the characters (Filmation) and now that we are some are still *****ing....

    Here's an idea either sell/trade or give them to someone who actually wants them.....

    Most of us have waited YEARS for Filmation only characters to be made and now they are here.....You'd think they would license these products and NOT get as many characters out there as they could???

    Excellent reveals! I hope we have more Sunday/Monday
    Last edited by Megalodon; February 8, 2013 at 08:05pm.

  2. #527
    waiting for Geldor Toymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Valley of Osgoor
    Posts
    6,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Shokoti's Slave View Post
    Something just occured to me...

    They said that someone BIG would b revealed at NYTF. Now, if that didn't refer to Mantenna, then maybe they meant literally. Maybe they meant a certain Filmation beast that had a great deal to do with the Staff of Avion. I am of course referring to:

    http://www.toplessrobot.com/molkrom.jpg

    Is it possible the picture of the Staff was a hint? After all, it had nothing to do with any of the figures shown.
    Doubt it, can't see them selling Molkrom outside the sub

    Think this is just a way to get the staff out there, kinda like the Sword of the Ancients with Fang Man

    Does this mean Hawke and Delora aren't currently planned though?!
    Tweet Me!

    I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

  3. #528
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Svalbard
    Posts
    483
    I posted a thread over at Matty asking Scott if he was mad with this photo...



    ...and they deleted the thread!!

    I interpret that as Scott totally fuming mad!!

    Funny they would actually delete the thread though when the reveals are being openly discussed here and are even featured on the mainpage. Way to show your customers respect.

  4. #529
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by Shokoti's Slave View Post
    Something just occured to me...

    They said that someone BIG would b revealed at NYTF.
    The person who said that was speaking only of the list of "top 10" voted characters from a recent thread and it has been verified several times they just meant "big" as in someone really popular off that particular list.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    I posted a thread over at Matty asking Scott if he was mad with this photo...

    http://i.imgur.com/LCQQxde.png

    ...and they deleted the thread!!

    I interpret that as Scott totally fuming mad!!

    Funny they would actually delete the thread though when the reveals are being openly discussed here and are even featured on the mainpage. Way to show your customers respect.
    That wasn't cool at all for you to do, man.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

  5. #530
    Heroic Warrior fisto power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Elmhurst il
    Posts
    460
    I have to say the reveals are awesome. Three of my favorite FilmAtion characters and Mantenna. What can we ask more for. Icer is my favorite of the 3 FilmAtion but Mantenna is my favorite overall. He looks awesome.
    Feedback thread

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

    Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

    Email facelessone@he-fans.org

  6. #531
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Svalbard
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    The person who said that was speaking only of the list of "top 10" voted characters from a recent thread and it has been verified several times they just meant "big" as in someone really popular off that particular list.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That wasn't cool at all for you to do, man.
    Why not? It's on the MAINPAGE here. What's the difference? Everyone who visits Matty visits here anyway.

  7. #532
    Heroic Warrior bribri4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fairview Heights, IL
    Posts
    2,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    The person who said that was speaking only of the list of "top 10" voted characters from a recent thread and it has been verified several times they just meant "big" as in someone really popular off that particular list.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That wasn't cool at all for you to do, man.
    Totally agree. I see nothing wrong with a thread like that being deleted it was mean and intended to stir the pot.
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor EvilSeed LizardMan Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreeElle Montork Miro Blast Attack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

  8. #533
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    2,809
    I must admit, I am very impressed with Mantenna. I really didn’t think anything would beat the staction, but I’m pleased to say I was wrong. Like Snake Face before him, he falls into that rare group of Classics figures who are actually superior to their staction counterparts. Never liked the ears on the mini statue, though, so I’m glad to see they’ve gone for a more vintage look. The face could have been a little more Filmation, however.

  9. #534
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Svalbard
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Totally agree. I see nothing wrong with a thread like that being deleted it was mean and intended to stir the pot.
    Oh, so you can tell my intentions simply by me retelling what my post said? Amazing! Apparently you know me better than I know myself.

    My intention was not to "stir the pot", nor was it "mean" in any way shape or form. The reveals were posted on the mainpage here, and hence it seemed like fair game. Scott has yet to respond to this in any substantive sense, and I wanted to know what he felt about things being leaked that's all.

    If you want to direct your apparent anger more appropriately, you should turn it towards whoever posted the images on the mainpage of He-Man.org.

  10. #535
    Pillar of the Community hadley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    7,353
    Mattel isn't puffing out their chest over here because they'd create a Steisand Effect. Go to Wikipedia and look it up. I'd supply a link but I'm on my phone. Essentially, once something has leaked, any attempts to cover up the leak will only make the leaked material more popular.

    Vikor, perhaps he took that thread as a taunt. Are you familiar with the "u mad?" or "y u mad?" meme? Or maybe a mod tried to control the leak unaware that its spreading like crazy already.
    Last edited by hadley; February 8, 2013 at 08:46pm.

  11. #536
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    Oh, so you can tell my intentions simply by me retelling what my post said? Amazing! Apparently you know me better than I know myself.

    My intention was not to "stir the pot", nor was it "mean" in any way shape or form. The reveals were posted on the mainpage here, and hence it seemed like fair game. Scott has yet to respond to this in any substantive sense, and I wanted to know what he felt about things being leaked that's all.

    If you want to direct your apparent anger more appropriately, you should turn it towards whoever posted the images on the mainpage of He-Man.org.
    The Org isn't official. Not everyone who posts at one posts at the other. You took the leaked images back to an official site and waved them around in front of the company, yet you don't understand why this wasn't a proper thing to do?
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

  12. #537
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Svalbard
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    The Org isn't official. Not everyone who posts at one posts at the other. You took the leaked images back to an official site and waved them around in front of the company, yet you don't understand why this wasn't a proper thing to do?


    Nope, I don't.

  13. #538
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    In the Matrix, waiting for the machines to release a MOTUC Strongarm to my limbic system
    Posts
    113
    I am not going to complain until after toy fair, but honestly these reveals leave something to be desired, IMO. If for no other reason that there are so many "core" characters to be made, and we are continually threatened that every year might be the last year. Mantenna is awesome and should make a run for figure of the year. All the rest leave me wanting. Where are Extendar, Evil seed, Lizard man, Two-bad, Rioblast, Dragstor, Blast-attack, Ninjor, Modulock? I dont know, I am just really hoping all our favorite classics make it to production...

  14. #539
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,326
    Quote Originally Posted by iumma View Post
    I am not going to complain until after toy fair, but honestly these reveals leave something to be desired, IMO. If for no other reason that there are so many "core" characters to be made, and we are continually threatened that every year might be the last year. Mantenna is awesome and should make a run for figure of the year. All the rest leave me wanting. Where are Extendar, Evil seed, Lizard man, Two-bad, Rioblast, Dragstor, Blast-attack, Ninjor, Modulock? I dont know, I am just really hoping all our favorite classics make it to production...
    That doesn't take effect until the 2014 sub. Right now, 2013 still follows TG's 2016 roadmap (Fighting Foe Men and King He-Man). It was too late to change the line-up during the 2013 subscription, but TG said that 2014's subscription would start to wrap up all of the remaining 80's Vintage toyline characters as well as the major characters from POP, Filmation, Jetlag and NA.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

  15. #540
    Heroic Warrior Replikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    2,249
    Quote Originally Posted by iumma View Post
    I am not going to complain until after toy fair, but honestly these reveals leave something to be desired, IMO. If for no other reason that there are so many "core" characters to be made, and we are continually threatened that every year might be the last year. Mantenna is awesome and should make a run for figure of the year. All the rest leave me wanting. Where are Extendar, Evil seed, Lizard man, Two-bad, Rioblast, Dragstor, Blast-attack, Ninjor, Modulock? I dont know, I am just really hoping all our favorite classics make it to production...
    WHA??? NO WAY!!! These reveals RULE!!

    ...an the best bit... there is still more to come at the show... that WASNT everything.

    [DON'T ASK HOW OR WHAT I KNOW, I WONT TELL!!]

  16. #541
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,911
    I'm really excited to see all the pictures of the new stuff on Sunday! I really can't wait. I really want to see close-ups of Shokoti. It's hard to tell, but I think her face looks a LOT prettier in MOTUC than she did in the cartoon (which is awesome). She has that gorgeous, but evil look that the 4H captured very well with Evil-Lyn and Catra.

    I'm also very much looking forward to seeing all of Castle Grayskull painted. The MTVGeek preview was amazing. So much attention to detail. Anyone who knows me by now knows how much I LOVE attention to detail. Can't wait to find out if it's coming with a fully poseable Grayskull robot!!!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  17. #542
    Eternian Arashikage King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    5,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    Why not? It's on the MAINPAGE here. What's the difference? Everyone who visits Matty visits here anyway.
    Was it in the ask matty section or the MOTUC section?

    I have a thread over on matty that is labeled "Toyfair spoilers" so it doesnt look like they have a problem with people talking about it. If you had something deleted it was probably because it either got combined into mine or else was decided it was redundtant. Either way they didn't shut the thread down so not sure why your thread was shut down.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

  18. #543
    Heroic Warrior Kowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,016
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Totally agree. I see nothing wrong with a thread like that being deleted it was mean and intended to stir the pot.
    I agree... I also think his post said something like "You ready to fire DR yet?" ... That can be considered rude and/or taunting, especially when Scott's response to my post indicated that DR isn't even involved in that part of the website... Also, keep in mind, these "leaks" are the results of overly ambitious people that purposely data-mine websites for "hidden" and unseen files... Mattel web folks may have forgotten to code that file folder correctly, but the person responsible for the "leak" is the person that sought out the information... I LOVE the reveals, but I also feel really bad for Mattel PR that some "low-skill hacker" basically stole all their thunder.
    Last edited by Kowl; February 8, 2013 at 09:30pm.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

  19. #544
    Heroic Warrior SpoonSOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Fright Zone
    Posts
    259
    Not usually a big Mantenna fan, but WOW. And love that Castaspella!!

  20. #545
    Searchin' My Soul DisneyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    3,155
    So to reply to something back on page 7:

    Before you all slay the figures (I mean, DisneyBoy, the comment about Casta's disc looking ugly with a pole is a bit premature - we haven't seen the figure! ), lets just wait until we see more.
    Looks like I was the first person to jump the gun there, and also the first person to gripe and moan about the lack of other characters I was hoping to have

    Truth is, these are definitely well-sculpted figures. There isn`t a dud in the lot. Yes, I might have preferred a different line-up and another take on Mantenna, but again - impressive.

    And I really want to see pictures of Castspella from behind...



    Erm, to see how the wheel connects, of course!!! Geez!

  21. #546
    Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    906
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    I agree... I also think his post said something like "You ready to fire DR yet?" ... That can be considered rude and/or taunting, especially when Scott's response to my post indicated that DR isn't even involved in that part of the website... Also, keep in mind, these "leaks" are the results of overly ambitious people that purposely data-mine websites for "hidden" and unseen files... Mattel web folks may have forgotten to code that file folder correctly, but the person responsible for the "leak" is the person that sought out the information... I LOVE the reveals, but I also feel really bad for Mattel PR that some "low-skill hacker" basically stole all their thunder.
    To be fair, once you post ANYTHING online you have to expect it to be found. My company policy is to never move ANYTHING off our internal UAT environment until we are ready to go live....we are a $300M company, and we can afford to have our IT run group available for overnight launches, I would expect Mattel would certainly do the same...especially with the history of blunders. Basically, if Matty put the content out there it IS their fault someone found it...I personally think that they did it on purpose.

    There is more that will be revealed at NYTT + isn't it strange that they just posted pics of an UNFINISHED CG sculpt, when we know the 4H paintmaster is available? I think Scott and co. are smarter than anyone is giving them credit for.
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

  22. #547
    Heroic Warrior jzachery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post


    Nope, I don't.
    It was tacky. Plain and simple. And the others are correct, everyone that posts there doesn't post here. This is New York Toy Fair weekend. It's probably bad enough for them with the leaks, but this is a show where they make professional connections and deal with retailers. Whatever your intentions were, your delivery was extremely poor and came off rude and can easily be read as taunting and insulting. I believe Mattel has been showing the fanbase respect by listening to our wants, as evidenced by these reveals, you showed a great lack of respect. What's worse, it makes us all look bad.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

  23. #548
    CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Posts
    1,772
    These are all first class reveals.

    Mantenna: Popular vintage Horde member, and a key part of the "core" Horde.

    Castaspella: One of the key Great Rebellion members, and a highly requested PoP figure

    Shokoti, Batros and Icer: Three of the more requested Filmation figures, and Shokoti looks great to boot.

    Awesome reveals, much stronger (IMO) then what they showed us as "sub lure" at SDCC
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

    Also...get her into the line!

    Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

  24. #549
    Plundor Promoter He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    So to reply to something back on page 7:


    Looks like I was the first person to jump the gun there, and also the first person to gripe and moan about the lack of other characters I was hoping to have

    Truth is, these are definitely well-sculpted figures. There isn`t a dud in the lot. Yes, I might have preferred a different line-up and another take on Mantenna, but again - impressive.

    And I really want to see pictures of Castspella from behind...



    Erm, to see how the wheel connects, of course!!! Geez!
    I agree with your assessment of Castaspella DB. She was one of the only PoP girls I planned on keeping.....untill I saw that ugly looking disc on her back. Now, I'm not so sure.

  25. #550
    Heroic Warrior jzachery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I agree with your assessment of Castaspella DB. She was one of the only PoP girls I planned on keeping.....untill I saw that ugly looking disc on her back. Now, I'm not so sure.
    The disc is removable. It's an accessory nod to the vintage toy. If you don't want it, simply take it off.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •