Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaked Toy Fair photos from Matty Collector - Figure reveals *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    The disc is removable. It's an accessory nod to the vintage toy. If you don't want it, simply take it off.
    as long as it doesn't leave an ugly looking hole in the back. Guess we'll see soon enough. If it does leave an ugly hole, no big deal....She'll join my list of castoffs.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    Why not? It's on the MAINPAGE here. What's the difference? Everyone who visits Matty visits here anyway.
    Because you intended to be disrespectful... to laugh at someone because you know they are mad is bullying.

Evil Master of Dreams skeletor73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    To be fair, once you post ANYTHING online you have to expect it to be found. My company policy is to never move ANYTHING off our internal UAT environment until we are ready to go live....we are a $300M company, and we can afford to have our IT run group available for overnight launches, I would expect Mattel would certainly do the same...especially with the history of blunders. Basically, if Matty put the content out there it IS their fault someone found it...I personally think that they did it on purpose.

There is more that will be revealed at NYTT + isn't it strange that they just posted pics of an UNFINISHED CG sculpt, when we know the 4H paintmaster is available? I think Scott and co. are smarter than anyone is giving them credit for.
    Well, said. I'm with you. When you are a large corporation you know not to put sensitive information out there before it's supposed to go live. It's not like Mattel is run by a mom and pop owner. They're a corporation. My way of looking at it is this, it went live and like it or not, it's out there. Clearly they are not shutting down websites and forcing people to take the images down, though they could. But once the genie is out of the bottle it's hard to put it back in.

And as was mentioned there is a spoiler post on the Matty boards. I think they know it's a treat for the fans, whether someone "mined" the images from the site or not. It might steal a little bit of thunder but it may just be a pre-game warm-up or an appetizer. I'm in the camp that it's done purposely. Besides, the reveal of the painted Grayskull is what they are really making efforts to keep secret. Notice no one found those images yet.

Awesome--I was hoping for Two-Badd tho

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    as long as it doesn't leave an ugly looking hole in the back. Guess we'll see soon enough. If it does leave an ugly hole, no big deal....She'll join my list of castoffs.
    I'm inclined to believe that her hair may hide whatever hole she has back there... But your guess is as good as mine on that one. Did the Sorceresses drum wings bother you?
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by coffeeking23 View Post
    Awesome--I was hoping for Two-Badd tho
    Any one who ever thought Two-Badd was going to be in the 2013 line is fooling themselves. You gotta save some of the heavy hitters for the 2014 sub. I'm sure he'll be the main draw at SDCC promoting the 2014 sub. and perhaps the January figure as that's when it always seems to be around the time the "big one" makes an appearance.

I posted a thread over at Matty asking Scott if he was mad with this photo...

http://i.imgur.com/LCQQxde.png

...and they deleted the thread!!

I interpret that as Scott totally fuming mad!!

Funny they would actually delete the thread though when the reveals are being openly discussed here and are even featured on the mainpage. Way to show your customers respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Totally agree. I see nothing wrong with a thread like that being deleted it was mean and intended to stir the pot.
    You mean like the Thread Scott started here that started era wars and wars between MOSC and loose collectors? Certainly that wasn't meant to do so....Yeah, I believe that....

Turnabout is fair play after all. But I do agree though, a rude post is a rude post, simply asking if Scott was mad would have been one thing, but taunts are another. But Scott has been mocking fans off and on for years, and I'm pretty sure he knew exactly what the outcome of that thread would be. Plus the fact he never responded once in that thread for all the pages it had....is a great clue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by iumma View Post
    I am not going to complain until after toy fair, but honestly these reveals leave something to be desired, IMO. If for no other reason that there are so many "core" characters to be made, and we are continually threatened that every year might be the last year. Mantenna is awesome and should make a run for figure of the year. All the rest leave me wanting. Where are Extendar, Evil seed, Lizard man, Two-bad, Rioblast, Dragstor, Blast-attack, Ninjor, Modulock? I dont know, I am just really hoping all our favorite classics make it to production...
    Yes, but if you read back a little, 2013 was set in stone, and most of the "new" out of sub figures are extras, and likely planned for 2013 as well anyway. 2014 is supposed to be when we see the "heavy Hitter" core characters roll out. But too, 2013 is far from over, and we will see more reveals later, hopefully we'll see some core guys filter in DOS throughout the year, and 2014 will bring the majority, both in sub and out.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6NC6baZ5qo...other+eyes.jpg

Why can't I get this to show up normally? ? ?

Makes me even happier we got the yellow eyes. 200x style! Now if we can do something about those feet...lol but seriously he turned out fantastic, but the blood shot white eyes imo wouldn't have looked as good
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

I'm inclined to believe that her hair may hide whatever hole she has back there... But your guess is as good as mine on that one. Did the Sorceresses drum wings bother you?
    No actually, I only have TOD Sorceress and I like her......had I got the Filmation colored one they might have though as the orange is more noticable. However, the hole on Stinkor's back bugged me a bit so I kept the tanks on. The hole on Fisto's back bugged me so I keep the 200x sword in the holster. The way I have them displayed on the shelf where Castaspella would be, it would be very noticable. And to leave it on would make her take up more space than she should and would stick out like a sore thumb in my display. Anyway, that's just my opinion. If you like her the way she is great! I like her coloring...way better than the boring coloring of the toy figure. But that disc is ugly to me. Like I said, I'm not convinced either way yet.....I'll wait for some close ups and maybe even a PD Review before making my final call.

Quote Originally Posted by J-West View Post
    Makes me even happier we got the yellow eyes. 200x style! Now if we can do something about those feet...lol but seriously he turned out fantastic, but the blood shot white eyes imo wouldn't have looked as good
    Hey does look great! I might be one of the few that would've been even more excited for a two legged retro version.

No actually, I only have TOD Sorceress and I like her......had I got the Filmation colored one they might have though as the orange is more noticable. However, the hole on Stinkor's back bugged me a bit so I kept the tanks on. The hole on Fisto's back bugged me so I keep the 200x sword in the holster. The way I have them displayed on the shelf where Castaspella would be, it would be very noticable. And to leave it on would make her take up more space than she should and would stick out like a sore thumb in my display. Anyway, that's just my opinion. If you like her the way she is great! I like her coloring...way better than the boring coloring of the toy figure. But that disc is ugly to me. Like I said, I'm not convinced either way yet.....I'll wait for some close ups and maybe even a PD Review before making my final call.
    No I totally get it, what we like in our figures varies from person to person. I recently had a discussion with someone that thought Angella should have flat wings, like Sorceress. I disagreed and thought she'd look horrible from the side and back if that were done. So I know it's up to the individual. The holes in the back just remind me of GI Joe figures, I do wish they could be plugged up in the event you didn't want to used whatever is plugged in there.
    I think Casta looks great, she's actually my favorite reveal this time around, and Mantenna is practically tied.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

I would guarantee that the hair is sculpted in such a way that it will hide the hole in her back. The 4H know what they are doing

The disc is cool - it's like another magic blast effect... but as has been mentioned, if you don't like it, you can remove it I'll probably have one with and one without.

I am still just so incredibly pleased by how well these all turned out.

I've seen a few posts from various places complaining about this assortment. All I have to say to that is: HUH!?!?

A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Why not? It's on the MAINPAGE here. What's the difference? Everyone who visits Matty visits here anyway.
    Not everybody that visits Matty visits here.

I am not going to complain until after toy fair, but honestly these reveals leave something to be desired, IMO. If for no other reason that there are so many "core" characters to be made, and we are continually threatened that every year might be the last year. Mantenna is awesome and should make a run for figure of the year. All the rest leave me wanting. Where are Extendar, Evil seed, Lizard man, Two-bad, Rioblast, Dragstor, Blast-attack, Ninjor, Modulock? I dont know, I am just really hoping all our favorite classics make it to production...

It's all who YOU interpret a "core" character is.

IMO Castaspella is WAY MORE "core" than Extendar, Rio-Blast, Blast-Attack, and Ninjor. She's one of the main characters in POP.

No I totally get it, what we like in our figures varies from person to person. I recently had a discussion with someone that thought Angella should have flat wings, like Sorceress. I disagreed and thought she'd look horrible from the side and back if that were done. So I know it's up to the individual. The holes in the back just remind me of GI Joe figures, I do wish they could be plugged up in the event you didn't want to used whatever is plugged in there.
    I think Casta looks great, she's actually my favorite reveal this time around, and Mantenna is practically tied.
    I agree with you completely about Angella and yeah, I do wish they could plug those holes. Would give people a few more display options and not leave the figure looking incomplete. I think that's my biggest problem with Stinkor...if you take the tanks off for the vintage look, it's obvious he's missing a piece cause of the hole. I guess that's how I feel about Casta. I don't hate her, I guess I was just hoping for something more like Emiliano's Vision drawing. Mantenna on the other hand.....I think he's perfect. As a group, this was a VERY strong and exciting reveal IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I would guarantee that the hair is sculpted in such a way that it will hide the hole in her back. The 4H know what they are doing

The disc is cool - it's like another magic blast effect... but as has been mentioned, if you don't like it, you can remove it I'll probably have one with and one without.

I've seen a few posts from various places complaining about this assortment. All I have to say to that is: HUH!?!?

I REALLY hope your right. Like I said, she's one of the only GR members I actually wanted. Her and Glimmer.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Is the Castle Grayskull prototype the final design?

The Castle that was leaked is presumably the one that will be at NYTF. Since it is clearly smaller than what was promised, is it safe to say that this will be a prototype paint master/etc. and will not represent the final full scale play set?

Many fans including myself don't think that the Castle represented in the leaked pics is worthy of being a $250 plus item, regardless of all the pieces and parts it will include -- most of which will probably be eliminated from the final packaged version... If He-man sitting on Battlecat will not fit through the entrance of the final castle design, then I'd say we've been duped... again.

I have actually not seen the Castle yet. The Horsemen are painting it right now and will be bringing it to the Javitz on Sunday. We definately won't have all the accessories yet. For that you will need to wait for SDCC, but the model we will have at Collector night should be approx 1:1 sculpt. I'll be sure to measure it so we can post the exaxt dimensions after the show.

I also brought a huge tub of older loose MOTUC figures to decorate it with to show off all of the play value and display options. It will be a show stopper!
    Here's some new info...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    It's all who YOU interpret a "core" character is.

IMO Castaspella is WAY MORE "core" than Extendar, Rio-Blast, Blast-Attack, and Ninjor. She's one of the main characters in POP.
    This....

Your list is a little confusing, since I'm not sure ANYONE considers Rio-blast Ninjor and Extendar 'Core'

Core should equal 'Important characters whose absence is borderline criminal...' and While I LIKE those characters... they aren't 'core' to me...

Two Bad... Modulok... those I can agree with

Evil Seed... Lizard man?? They have about as much exposure as the three filmation we DID get.... so it's kind of a wash there...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Here's some new info...
    I will wait for it on sunday but that answer didn't sound promising....pics are already out and probably that's the size we'll be getting, I hope I'm wrong tho.

It was tacky. Plain and simple. And the others are correct, everyone that posts there doesn't post here. This is New York Toy Fair weekend. It's probably bad enough for them with the leaks, but this is a show where they make professional connections and deal with retailers. Whatever your intentions were, your delivery was extremely poor and came off rude and can easily be read as taunting and insulting. I believe Mattel has been showing the fanbase respect by listening to our wants, as evidenced by these reveals, you showed a great lack of respect. What's worse, it makes us all look bad.
    well said, it was tacky and the poster knew it when he posted it.

Man, I like the way Casta turned out, but now after seeing pics of her with the thigh high boots, I'm starting to like that look more...
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

I think January will be glimmer to sell the 2014 sub. To be in line with bow and netossa
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    Loving these new pics of Grayskull!!!!! EPIC!!!!!!! That teaser video is torture too
    Yeah Cornboy is terrible isn't he? LOL The Horsemen are having way to much fun with teasing the fans about the Castle
    Last edited by mjw41; February 9, 2013 at 01:04am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    well said, it was tacky and the poster knew it when he posted it.
    Yeah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

It was all sorts of Awesome, I can't wait for sunday. I want to see the Castles painted sculpt and anything else Scott has planned

Heroic Warrior
    Living in a reality where MOTUC goes on forever and ever and ever.....
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    This....

Your list is a little confusing, since I'm not sure ANYONE considers Rio-blast Ninjor and Extendar 'Core'

Core should equal 'Important characters whose absence is borderline criminal...' and While I LIKE those characters... they aren't 'core' to me...

Two Bad... Modulok... those I can agree with

Evil Seed... Lizard man?? They have about as much exposure as the three filmation we DID get.... so it's kind of a wash there...

You guys took some good shots, I know I am in the minorty with these reveals. I think I have shown my unrelenting preference towards updates of the originals, plus my secret disdain of female figures. Did I just say that outloud?