Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaked Toy Fair photos from Matty Collector - Figure reveals *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Veebs this looks like there is hope You might get your General Sunder figure sometime in the future the way they are cranking out Filmation Characters
    Fingers crossed so tightly they might just break!
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Wow now these are some amazing reveals!
    My first thought is thats too much Filmation in one go, but if only Shokoti is in the sub and Batros and Icer are a none sub two pack then thats a lot better, but I'd prefer them as none sub single card releases as two packs mean customs fee's for me

Mantenna looks amazing! Already a contender for figure of the year IMO. He is literally a Classicized version of the vintage toy but with Filmation eyes. So glad we didn't get a goofy head.
    So glad to see NA HM comes with his armour, thats just made my day. Now I'm buying two of him for sure!
    I've always said I'm not fussed about Casta but I have to admint she looks better then I was expecting.
    Shokoti was a great choice but I can't help but think she looks a little to plain, I wish she had been Classicized a little more and give more details.
    Batros is another great choice and looks great apart from I'm little undecided on his wings.
    I've never been fussed about Icer but like Casta he looks a lot better then I was expecting. Only one thing, and I've always said this about Icer, he needs a cape, that bonnet just looks silly on its own. Even just a repaint of Vikrons cape would be fine.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Last edited by Lich Leech; February 9, 2013 at 12:24pm.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    Scott said it would be shown in April. Probably on their website since AOTS isn't an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It will be a press release sometime in April.
    Thank you fellas
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

I think I've finally realized what's going on with Batros's wings, why they look a little weird. And maybe they'll look better at NYTF...
    I THINK the wings should be a bit longer, having one more section that connects on the wrist. If you google images of Batros, there are some with his arms outstretched and the wings are longer and attached at the wrist.
    I'm surprised more people are psyched over him, I think he's better than Shokoti and Icer (but I do need to go back and watch the Shokoti episodes).

Mantenna is a work of art, he's better than the staction!

Castaspella has exceeded my expectations. She looks great, I can't get over it actually. LOL. LOVE the energy blast and can't wait to see it with other magical characters, hope we get different color magic blasts in a weapons pack. But Casta is near perfect, can't wait to pit her against Evil Lyn (Who would win there?) LOL
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    It's the internet where haters are going to hate and post with such bloated hyperbole it often isn't funny anymore. This is part of the reason I love the angry video game nerd.
    He is kind of hilarious in an off sides kind of way. But yeah, people need a tighter grip and realize, MOTUC is everyone's line, not just theirs. I just wish Hasbro would pick up the damn ball and get some good Transformers out, and make a real Classics line....All G1 with maybe some hints of newer things, But I want a Real non MP priced G1 styled Optimus Prime, then I'd have 2 consistent lines to collect. Classics now is at best scattered, and not very uniform, which is why I love MOTUC, even the figures I can't stand are uniform for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    Fingers crossed so tightly they might just break!
    If only most figures were even close to being that tight....especially the new females, at least they finally got the male bucks to have tighter joints....still skimping the girls though....especially now with cut articulation.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by J-West View Post
    So about the SDCC figure, since AOTS isn't on anymore, when will they show it? I forget how and when they showed it last year but I'm hoping they show it at NYTF
    It will be announced on the MattyCollector website, just like last year. Mattel stopped using AOTS after they messed up the 2011 SDCC reveals by not showing them all.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

wow what a surprise! for me seeing Shokoti love that character shes so bad lol and Castaspella looks great.

Heroic Warrior
    Why do people even care what faction each figure comes from? I've never understood why that seems so important to some people. The only thing that matters to me is whether or not a new release is a cool figure. I never liked the Filmation cartoon--even as a kid it seemed lame. I only watched it because of my love of the toys and the mini-comics. I only vaguely remember characters like Shokoti, Batros, and Icer. But those three figures look awesome. I've never watched New Adventures, but I love my Optikk. I will take a cool figure I've never heard of over some weak-ass late wave vintage character any day. I neither know nor care who Shokoti was in the cartoon--when I get her she will be Keldor's mother. That's another cool aspect of getting less established characters--they help you to personalize your own version of MOTU. Don't like Demo-Man's story? Do what I did--slap Whiplash's 200x head and a Horde armband on him and put him right between Grizzlor and Leech on your Horde shelf. These are still the best toys ever made.

I keep having to look at the pics again and again…everything looks so perfect!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I keep staring at the pics, too. This might be the very first time I've seen a batch of reveals that I'm completely satisfied with- I don't have a laundry list of criticisms or constructive feedback... LOL. In fact, I really don't want them to change anything...
    I hope Casta's colors on the toy aren't muted down.
    I don't want them to chicken out and NOT make Icer translucent because of The Goddess incident.
    Don't want them to cry poor and not include all of the awesome NA He-Man pieces we've been shown between this updated look and his first reveal months ago.
    Just bring them all to my doorstep NOW, please, before the design team botches each and every single one of them!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by chrisware View Post
    Don't like Demo-Man's story? Do what I did--slap Whiplash's 200x head and a Horde armband on him and put him right between Grizzlor and Leech on your Horde shelf.
    Actually, putting that head on him and downsizing the armor makes him a perfect match for Skeletors demon warriors from the minicomics. I dont have pics handy, but look at the unfinished DC comic Sallah posted a ways back for reference as well as Secret Liquid of Life.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Why do people even care what faction each figure comes from? I've never understood why that seems so important to some people. The only thing that matters to me is whether or not a new release is a cool figure. I never liked the Filmation cartoon--even as a kid it seemed lame. I only watched it because of my love of the toys and the mini-comics. I only vaguely remember characters like Shokoti, Batros, and Icer. But those three figures look awesome. I've never watched New Adventures, but I love my Optikk. I will take a cool figure I've never heard of over some weak-ass late wave vintage character any day. I neither know nor care who Shokoti was in the cartoon--when I get her she will be Keldor's mother. That's another cool aspect of getting less established characters--they help you to personalize your own version of MOTU. Don't like Demo-Man's story? Do what I did--slap Whiplash's 200x head and a Horde armband on him and put him right between Grizzlor and Leech on your Horde shelf. These are still the best toys ever made.
    People want some kind of general continuity, oddly they are often the ones who complain about a character dying also and ignore those aspects when needed. This is why for me Fight Foe Men will be a group of trainee Cosmic Enforcers being trained by Zodac. Who also to me isn't evil, more neutral on the side of good. Even when I was a kid he was.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I don't get the Filmation figures are too plain thing. Not everyone in the world is dressed in overly embellished clothing. If you really look at the figures in the line, most do not have a great deal of detail. He-Man, Sy-Klone, Mekaneck, and others. The basic body is smooth and since the majority of the figures use the basic human buck they don't have a lot of detail. Some do like MAA and Teela but many only have a little here and their. This is not 200x, the figures don't need excessive details. IMO Shokoti and Icer look amazing and will fit in perfectly with the rest of the line. The figures that are over detailed, the 200x characters like Faceless One and Marzo and even Jitsu (his face) stand out because they have to much detail.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    He is kind of hilarious in an off sides kind of way. But yeah, people need a tighter grip and realize, MOTUC is everyone's line, not just theirs. I just wish Hasbro would pick up the damn ball and get some good Transformers out, and make a real Classics line....All G1 with maybe some hints of newer things, But I want a Real non MP priced G1 styled Optimus Prime, then I'd have 2 consistent lines to collect. Classics now is at best scattered, and not very uniform, which is why I love MOTUC, even the figures I can't stand are uniform for the most part.
    I love the fact he is basically making fun of internet critics. But yeah, I don't care for certain figures so I am not going to pick them up. I am basically looking at getting the ones I had as a kid, then just ones I think are cool. With Ram-man this month everything I had as a kid will have been released. I am skipping on Fisto cause I don't want to pay for him, skipping Orko because I prefer my 200x one, then I need to get Faker, Teela, and Mekaneck and outside of playsets and Panthor I have everything I had as a kid.

Debating Panthor, skipping Wind Raider because of cost and likely doing the same with Greyskull, I have two 200x ones I could use for display purposes if needed since the castles have always been in that odd scale of it works for the figures but not accurate to media.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Court Magician
    Thank you chrisware! Probably one of the best statements I have read in a very long time. I don't understand all this "Vintage only" and "only Filmation is the real deal" thing at all. I guess too many people only try to chase their childhood to hide from their true age instead of just enjoying a great toyline.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by belmont View Post
    I'm so excited, hope to see the castle in color! And where did that rumour with come from?
    There's a little mini-figure type in the 4H video in the background. Despite it being proved to be just another toy from a completely different line, people keep seeing it and assuming it's Kowl or Loo-Kee or Gwildor.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

update from matty collector on facebook...

Mattycollector.com
    The Castle is in the house! The Castle Grayskull sculpt has just arrived at the Javits Center for NYTF!

...soooo CLOSE!!!! CANT WAIT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Melfis View Post
    Thank you chrisware! Probably one of the best statements I have read in a very long time. I don't understand all this "Vintage only" and "only Filmation is the real deal" thing at all. I guess too many people only try to chase their childhood to hide from their true age instead of just enjoying a great toyline.
    Couldn't have said it better myself
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

I think the reveals are great. Mantenna is awesome. Don't really care much about Castaspella but I'm excited for those that have been awaiting her. The FILMation figures are the icing on the cake for me. I have been waiting for these figs since the FILMation rights were announced. Shokoti and Batros are great. I will need to see close-up shots of Icer before I make my mind up about him but I'm sure his face sculpt will be perfect. I was kind of expecting the Four Horsemen to sculpt some armor for him to snaze him up a bit which could be removed for the cartoon look.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    Wonder if they may retcon Shokti to be a Gar. She does look to be a similar shade of blue.
    I pretty much think thats a no brainer TBH mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Danavas View Post
    I will need to see close-up shots of Icer before I make my mind up about him but I'm sure his face sculpt will be perfect. I was kind of expecting the Four Horsemen to sculpt some armor for him to snaze him up a bit which could be removed for the cartoon look.
    Yeah thats what I was expecting as well mate.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Because you are either a fan of those factions and want more of that representation OR you hate those factions and want less of them taking up slots in the line. The only ones who don't care are either indifferent or want everyone anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I don't get the Filmation figures are too plain thing. Not everyone in the world is dressed in overly embellished clothing. If you really look at the figures in the line, most do not have a great deal of detail. He-Man, Sy-Klone, Mekaneck, and others. The basic body is smooth and since the majority of the figures use the basic human buck they don't have a lot of detail. Some do like MAA and Teela but many only have a little here and their. This is not 200x, the figures don't need excessive details. IMO Shokoti and Icer look amazing and will fit in perfectly with the rest of the line. The figures that are over detailed, the 200x characters like Faceless One and Marzo and even Jitsu (his face) stand out because they have to much detail.
    Ehh, some original 8-back MOTU characters have RICH details that Filmation had to drop. In that regard, the simplistic renderings of the Filmation characters don't translate well and need more detail to fit in with the other characters.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Because you are either a fan of those factions and want more of that representation OR you hate those factions and want less of them taking up slots in the line. The only ones who don't care are either indifferent or want everyone anyway.
    While true, the issue is it's hard for some of us to understand why people are so extreme about it. It's one thing to voice displeasure about something and another to go on what is basically a temper tantrum over the figure. I have little to no connection with most of the Horde outside of Hordak. The kid down the street kept collecting them during that time, but I had started getting out of them. While things like Mantenna's eyes were cool I just didn't have an urge to pick up the figures. I like the horde though, but not most of the characters for some reason. I still softly debate getting a mosquitor though. I do have Hordak and Catra from MOTUC. And while I don't like Mantenna, I see many people who like him and I am happy for them also.

Which is what the real issue is, is the selfishness that comes with this stuff. People want MOTUC to be their line not our line. Heck think about it when most of us mention looking for or getting a figure we start referring to it as mine. I can't wait till I get Ramman, not I can't wait till people start getting Ramman.

This is why I had such a problem with with voting in the what do I want most out of the future of the line. The only reason NA got put lower was I have no connection to the series, and didn't feel like it was He-man when I saw it has a kid (the toys). It is my own selfishness but I wouldn't mind seeing some cool stuff come out of it. I am also not going to discredit those who like that.

So I do think it's less indifference and more for many of not being so selfish with line and realizing someone is getting what they want (hopefully).

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I respect your opinion but filmation characters are way too simple. I really do not want a filmation triklops to give you an example. Clawfull, Merman, TungLashor, Rattlor are super simple. The vintage toys had more detail than their filmation counterparts. They have made Randor, Shadow Weaver, and Fangman for the moment, and Fangman and SW are awesome but Randor seems asking for some detail. The same happens to Batros and Icer, I like them but we know what they are capable of, the 4H are awesome, so we expect more. May be that is the point. I like filmation characters but a bit more detailed than the cartoon without loosing the main features of the characters.

What weapons will Batros come with??.?
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone