Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaked Toy Fair photos from Matty Collector - Figure reveals *SPOILERS*

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    i kinda want an icer now!! ...

the vintage-purist turns filmation?! ... it could happen!
    I *know* what you mean. If it helps soften the blow, imagine them as "vintage", but just never had plastic representation! There you go! Problem solved!

Icer is looking great!!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Icer looks absolutely amazing! Can't wait to buy this figure! Now that I look at Icer's hair, it makes me think that THIS is what they were trying to do with Frosta's hair (which didn't turn out quite right).

With Icer, they got just the right amount of translucence and "frosting" paint app. whereas Frosta didn't have enough of either. Her hair just came out dark and bland.

<3 Icer!
    Last edited by sirsniffy; February 9, 2013 at 06:42pm.

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    That Icer pic in the snow with He-Man... do you think that's the final product already? I wonder if he'll be released as soon as next month or April... and we won't have to wait eight months from now. Now THAT would be the best surprise of all!
    My guess is that if it is a filmation subline, chances are it'll roll out something like this ->

4 lots of 2 packs per year...

Now bearing in mind that MATTEL keeps to a year by year schedule, meaning that if they offer a sub all releases in that sub have to be available in a single year (I don't think subs can span years for MATTEL's legal system)...therefore if there is going to be a filmation sub offered, it has to be initially limited to 2013...then another filmation sub would have to follow in 2014.

With that in mind, it would make sense that each quarter of the year would have a 2-pack in it, (Q1 2013, Q2 2013 etc)...

So I conclude that BATROS and ICER 2 pack must have been fast-tracked by MATTEL and the 4 HORSEMEN, and therefore is highly likely to be scheduled for release in MARCH of this year!!!!! (ie next month!), with another 2 pack following in June, and one in Sept, and the final one for the year in Dec, completing our 2013 additional filmation sub...(then they would offer another sub in 2014)

I could be way off the mark, but that's how I see it panning out!

I guess we'll just have to Kowl it a night for today, and see what happens tomorrow!

It's a good job we can watch all the reveals from our homes tomorrow, rather than being stuck in the bustling, crowded ToyFair hall, where we would have to battle rammed up people to see the reveals!!!!
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; February 9, 2013 at 05:11pm.
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    My guess is that if it is a filmation subline, chances are it'll roll out something like this ->

Now bearing in mind that MATTEL keeps to a year by year schedule, meaning that if they offer a sub all releases in that sub have to be available in a single year (I don't think subs can span years for MATTEL's legal system)...therefore if there is going to be a filmation sub offered, it has to be initially limited to 2013...then another filmation sub would have to follow in 2014.

With that in mind, it would make sense that each quarter of the year would have a 2-pack in it, (Q1 2013, Q2 2013 etc)...

So I conclude that BATROS and ICER 2 pack must have been fast-tracked by MATTEL and the 4 HORSEMEN, and therefore is highly likely to be scheduled for release in MARCH of this year!!!!! (ie next month!), with another 2 pack following in June, and one in Sept, and the final one for the year in Dec, completing our 2013 additional filmation sub...(then they would offer another sub in 2014)

I guess we'll just have to Kowl it a night for today, and see what happens tomorrow!

It's a good job we can watch all the reveals from our homes tomorrow, rather than being stuck in the bustling, crowded ToyFair hall, where we would have to battle rammed up people to see the reveals!!!!

I like your thinking on the roll out of the Filmation figures, which are just awesome by the way!

Now if the other two things you are hinting at come to fruition tomorrow this board will have a meltdown that will affect the entire world wide web!

Of course there will also be the simultaneous meltdown of my credit card.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Just saw the pics. MANTENNA!!! Woohoo! Finally, he is near! And he is everything I could wish for, thank you 4H and Mattel! He looks amazing. And Shokoti, Batros, Icer and Castaspella? WOW! I think this might be the best reveal in this lien so far for me haha. And the thought of Glimmer, Scorpia, and surely Horde Troopers, Rio Blast, Blast Attak, Madam Razz & Broom, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Filmation style Evilseed next year? Among others? Maybe? Would be awesome, just saying. No, I really couldn't be happier. Can't wait to see them close up tomorrow.

Edit: Since Mantenna comes with his grey crossbow, as he should, does anyone else think the white crossbow that was revealed a while ago will come with Batros maybe?

:
    Last edited by -= SupernovA =-; February 9, 2013 at 05:38pm.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    This Icer picture is great! Love the blue colour! Can't wait to see more!!!!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Pixel Dan, I now know exactly how you felt when Mosquitor was revealed. My favourite Horde member is coming! He's already the best figure in the line for me. Look at him! Amazing Filmation/200X mix. Everybody happy, right? And the guy has four legs and can shoot lasers out of his eyes, what's not to like?

You guys are a bunch of Plundors, heheh! I was waiting to be surprised tomorrow but just couldn't resist looking. The new figures all look great, though! Here's my quick ranking...

1. Mantenna: Absolutely brilliant design! IMO, it's the best combination of vintage, 200X, and Filmation influences and a challenger to Ram-Man as the must-have figure of the year.
    2. Castaspella: My #1 POP want, I was always hoping to see her before Glimmer. I'm very happy to see her in Filmation colors and it's cool that she has the vintage magic wheel behind her. Best of all is the magic effect bonus.
    3. Shokoti: One of my top Filmation wants, too! I don't think she looks plain because she looks like she just stepped out of the Filmation cartoon. Her face sculpt may be the best MOTUC female made yet; Gorgeous yet undeniably evil. Her darkling minion is very cool, too...I wish I could get a bunch of them.
    4. NA He-Man: I was happy enough with the original reveal showing his Jetlag look but the new vintage armor really puts him over the top. I may not be the biggest NA fan but I love how the space designs come out in MOTUC.
    5. Batros: Another cool Filmation villain that's a pleasant surprise. Looking at his wings, I hope he doesn't have the same drums that the Sorceress got. I'd rather see them made more like Shadow Weavers sleeves.
    6. Icer: To be honest, I didn't care much for the episode that he came from but his design is neat. The pic of him in the snow shows him off nicely and I think that the translucent plastic is a great way to make his plain design look better. I just hope he doesn't have Exploding Crotch Syndrome like the Goddess.

I'm also impressed with the initial sculpt of Castle Grayskull, there are a lot of cool details all over the place. I'll reserve judgement on the scale once we get more info and better pics. Being a fan of the Filmation castle design over all other versions, I didn't think I'd like the prototype version as much but I'm glad that I pre-ordered it. In fact, I'm kinda kicking myself for not ordering a second one now.

Well, even if this steals some of the thunder for tomorrow, the buzz it's created makes up for it. I'm excited about hearing all the details regarding release dates and whether or not the Filmation figures are going to be a separate sub or out-of-sub items. I'm very optimistic about the future of this line...If these are the non-core figures we get for 2013, I can only imagine how awesome the 2014 lineup will be. If I could, I'd sign up for the 2014 sub right now!

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post

I would like that very much. Don't you think eight is a bit too much, though? I think that, at most, a Filmation sub would be six figures. Basically, like the 30th Anniversary line.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    Also, she's clearly Italian.
    thats a pretty menacing gimmick!

<-Digging everything.
    God I hate Stratos.

Quote Originally Posted by -= SupernovA =- View Post
    Pixel Dan, I now know exactly how you felt when Mosquitor was revealed. My favourite Horde member is coming! He's already the best figure in the line for me. Look at him! Amazing Filmation/200X mix. Everybody happy, right? And the guy has four legs and can shoot lasers out of his eyes, what's not to like?

Mantenna is my favorite figure, and Horde member, too. Well, maybe he's tied with Shadow Weaver. I'm glad that I'm not alone.

I hope grayskull isnt pinched towards the top on the left tower. Hopefully it's just terrible matty pix. Otherwise it looks pretty cool. After paint it should be great. That new pic of ICER looks like he has the same off white that Frosta has. Do they listen to anyone anymore? Is brilliant white plastic illegal or are all of the I-phones using all of it?

All of them are just great. Mantenna just blows me away, and I'm hoping, like a few others, that some of his new parts mean Modulok isn't too far off.
    Between these and what's coming for Transformers I may just have to swear off eating for the rest of the year.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    It was mentioned that batros could come with a stack of books well no new tooling needed as there is a stack of books in the ghostbusters line. Also I thought that cornboy wants a lizard man bad so I'm assuming he may come sooner than later if we get this filmation mini sub to which I'm hoping we do he may even be shown this weekend.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    Some good figures overall! I'd rank em:

1. Mantenna - kind of unfair, he's awesome. Glad to have the core Horde complete.
    Erm, we still don't have the coolest of the original 5 Hordesmen
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Erm, we still don't have the coolest of the original 5 Hordesmen
    the Trooper?
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Man, that surprise blizzard attack is really helping Icer's case with some people! Toyguru even got to play with him in the snow!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I was so so on Icer in the leaked pics, but he looks great in that snow shot. The blue is much more vibrant.

Awesome reveals!

I'm hoping to learn of confirmation news of any Filmation (or Animated) subscription soon!

The figures look amazing. Like how they position Mantenna face-on to look like the vintage while being 4 legged and popped eyes. I do hope however that there are 2 heads (eyes in and out), but understand if 'cos of tooling costs one head is all we get.

Icer - wow. I cannot believe they have gone unique boots and armbands for this figure. I thought a cost saving new head was all we'd get with this figure. Goes to show Mattel prepared to spend extra money to get the translation from cartoon to toy as accurate as possible. Love the translucent plastic.

Staff of Avion - oh no! Is this a sign we won't get a Hawk any time in the next 2 years? I was confident she would be on the new Roadmap to 2015.

Batros - love the eyes! Is his head/mask fatter than on the show? Looks to me the wings are attached to the biceps which is good. Wings maybe coulda been a big larger. Wondering what if any accessory Batros may come with?

Shokoti - amazing! Is the Darkling articulated!!! Very interested to learn of her bio and whether she existed in Preternian times also.

Castaspella - Nice!

Castle Grayskull - never noticed the bat-wings accessory before. Keen to learn more about that! Is Clawful strangling my long demanded Grayskull Spacesuit? Looks a bit thin to be the spacesuit but hopefully more images at NYTF will clear this up. Or maybe it is a mini-comic King of Grayskull figure?

My great concern coming out of the picture ... I thought the scale of Grayskull was to be large enough for He-Man to fit in the Jawbridge riding Battle Cat??? Looks like there is only just enough space for figure to stand. This would be my one disappointment with the reveal.

Buck Rogers - Pass.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    the Trooper?
    Nope, he/it didn't come out until 2nd wave of Horde

Anyway, off to watch the House of Shoot I 2 parter!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Close up

I much prefer this blue to the leaked picture.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I much prefer this blue to the leaked picture.
    same for me
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$