Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaked Toy Fair photos from Matty Collector - Figure reveals *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    I find totally unfair the complains about the Filmation characters being less detailed than vintage characters and to constantly read how they don't fit in with the rest of the figures in the line.
    They fit perfectly and not all vintage toy characters were highly detailed.

Look at He-Man, Zodac, Stratos, Mossman, Faker etc. They all have minimum details but people accept them just because they were toy vintage characters. ( Seriously not fair and unobjective)

How is Batros less detailed than He-Man?
    What's so wrong about it?

http://i72.servimg.com/u/f72/14/74/15/17/he-man10.jpg
    This is a great comparison photo. Batros and Icer will look no less detailed than a great majority of the figures in the line. I also think when compared to The Sorcerss, She-ra, and Adora that Shokoti will also show that she is not less detailed. She will next to Teela and Evil-Lyn but that outfit is one of the most detailed in the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I don’t know why people are complaining that its only Filmation figures and designs that are so “plain”. Umm, have you looked at some of the vintage designs in general? A lot of the original He-Man designs are incredibly plain, and yes, I’m including He-Man and Skeletor in that. That’s the reason why so many parts are able to be shared. Batros is no more "plainer" than He-Man, Skeletor and Mer-Man.
    Well said.

I love that shot of Icer in the snow, makes me wish I was still back East so I could pose my figures in the snow. If we get Nepthu I can photograph him in the sand at the beach.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Oh man, a filmation sub line would be great. Bring on lord masque. He's my must have before the line finishes. I love the way icer looks too. He's always been a filmation fav of mine.
    bnl4life

batros shokoti icer just look awesome
    i didnt even want icer or batros but i cant wait to get em now

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    I find totally unfair the complains about the Filmation characters being less detailed than vintage characters and to constantly read how they don't fit in with the rest of the figures in the line.
    They fit perfectly and not all vintage toy characters were highly detailed.

Look at He-Man, Zodac, Stratos, Mossman, Faker etc. They all have minimum details but people accept them just because they were toy vintage characters. ( Seriously not fair and unobjective)

How is Batros less detailed than He-Man?
    What's so wrong about it?

http://i72.servimg.com/u/f72/14/74/15/17/he-man10.jpg
    Filmation dropped details from He-Man himself, let alone MAA, Teela, Mer-Man and the rest. No boot straps, belt or bracer detail or the squares on his armor. That's the type of embelishment that Shokoti and other Filmation characters could have used instead of a simple glove or boot.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

All the reveals are amazing.

Watched the Shokoti episodes again last night & saw the Icer episode this morning. Quite like Icer.

I think the amount of detail is in the expectation of the fan. Batros has new details that blend so well with the character, that it looks plain to the people who are used to his filmation look. Look closer. He has a ton of sculpt details added to his new boots, his head, and even the fact he has the standard bracers...like the majority of popular characters. I am of the impression too many fans are just looking for more stylistic additions that would inevitably divide the fans on how they should be done. We have lost too much of the magic of new figures as adults, examining as if we were art inspecters, and it is sad.
    I still get that tingle in my spine with new figures, just to see new things coming for my beloved toys. I hope I never grow up.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Filmation dropped details from He-Man himself, let alone MAA, Teela, Mer-Man and the rest. No boot straps, belt or bracer detail or the squares on his armor. That's the type ofembelishment that Shokoti and other Filmation characters could have used instead of a simple glove or boot.
    I think the Filmation Randor and Fang Man are the two best examples of plain designs for the figures. They just need more textures. Shokoti is nice but she has the Filmation look for sure. My huge complaint though is with Batros. His wings should have been done in the vain of Draego-Man or Lord Dactys. Classics is supposed to be a perfect blend of all designs but he is a direct cartoon version. This is the same problem I have with anyone who gets no updates from the 200x era. It needs to be more consistent and have influences from all eras and let the Horsemen have some creative freedom!!! For example, if Rio Blast does not get any staction features I and many others will be ******. Mosquitor got a new detail but so few have. But now if we get Lord Dactys that would mean there are 2 bat races which is lame IMO. But I'm sure they'll figure it out.

Is it me, or does that new Icer photo (in the snow) Look like the figure is already plastic and NOT a proto-type? He looks like production to me, meaning we should see him much sooner than later.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    I think the Filmation Randor and Fang Man are the two best examples of plain designs for the figures. They just need more textures. Shokoti is nice but she has the Filmation look for sure. My huge complaint though is with Batros. His wings should have been done in the vain of Draego-Man or Lord Dactys. Classics is supposed to be a perfect blend of all designs but he is a direct cartoon version. This is the same problem I have with anyone who gets no updates from the 200x era. It needs to be more consistent and have influences from all eras and let the Horsemen have some creative freedom!!! For example, if Rio Blast does not get any staction features I and many others will be ******. Mosquitor got a new detail but so few have. But now if we get Lord Dactys that would mean there are 2 bat races which is lame IMO. But I'm sure they'll figure it out.
    These are Filmation characters... if they didn't look like they did in the Filmation cartoon... then they wouldn't be Filmation characters. They have liscense to do Filmation characters... they do not have liscense to redo the Filmation characters to however they think YOU want them to look. (Filmation characters) (I bet he still doesn't get it )

Yeah but Batros if from Etheria where Dactys is from Eternia. But if that can;t help maybe Batros is actually a humanoid who allowed himself to be genetically altered with 'bat' DNA which can explain his appearance and help those who are not happy with things like his wings...
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Heroic Warrior
    Fang Man actually has quite a bit of texture if you look.

Classics is a "perfect blend of all designs"...but Batros only had ONE design. Nothing else to blend there. It's one thing to mix-and-max different looks for characters with multiple looks, but updating one just for the sake of updating it without cause would probably alienate a sizeable chunk of the fans who already want Batros.

Who all hasn't had at least a little something taken from their 200x looks, supposing they had them? Moss Man and Whiplash came with their 200x heads, Stinkor and Fisto had a 200x-ish head, Mantenna definitely has 200x influence, Webstor got the back legs, Kobra Khan got his little friend, Sy-Clone got whatever that thing is on his back, etc., etc. Sure, a few (Clawful) have been very faithful to the vintage, it's really not like they're dominant.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    Is it me, or does that new Icer photo (in the snow) Look like the figure is already plastic and NOT a proto-type? He looks like production to me, meaning we should see him much sooner than later.
    He looks ready to ship.

Yes, I thought that as well. It looks like the "real-deal" to me, as appose to the figures we usually see at TF.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Erm, we still don't have the coolest of the original 5 Hordesmen
    Dragstor for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    This is a great comparison photo. Batros and Icer will look no less detailed than a great majority of the figures in the line. I also think when compared to The Sorcerss, She-ra, and Adora that Shokoti will also show that she is not less detailed. She will next to Teela and Evil-Lyn but that outfit is one of the most detailed in the line.
    Filmation is Filmation, Classics is not full of super detailed figures, that was 200X, not Classics. Filmation characters do have more detail when translated to Classics. I mean how much more do people want? If you don't want them, don't buy them, I'm not buying NA or most 200X figures / characters, because I don't like or want them, but I'm not complaining about them being in MOTUC. If I get a figure in my sub, I will be selling it, sure it would be nice if you didn't have to, but it is what it is, and everyone with a sub knows it.

Filmation fits Classics style just fine, 200X on the other hand had oversized characters, anime styled hair, over detailing....now that, wouldn't fit, as that is not Classics....Classics is supposed to be Vintage styling, but modernized....and Filmation fits that bill to a T, NA fits, POP fits, Mini Comics fit....200X characters....yes, styling....no.

Batros is awesome just as he is, he didn't have Dragon wings, he didn't have bird wings, he didn't have butterfly wings, he had bat type wings....therefore as he appeared in Filmation, is the way he shouls appear in MOTUC.

I suppose everyone would be satisfied if Icer had gotten ice-cycle nippies Madonna style or something. But I forgot, so long as it's Filmation, no matter how detailed, they will be hated on.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Yes, I thought that as well. It looks like the "real-deal" to me, as appose to the figures we usually see at TF.
    I bet Icer is production. AND I bet it changes color when exposed to cold... like Orko at SDCC. I bet the clear version is the normal temp version, and I bet it turns blue when it's been exposed to cold long enough or cold water.
    Good Trader List:
    -Maul, tattoojunkie74, Chuck Bowlz

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mahuti View Post
    I bet Icer is production. AND I bet it changes color when exposed to cold... like Orko at SDCC. I bet the clear version is the normal temp version, and I bet it turns blue when it's been exposed to cold long enough or cold water.
    You must be up to something here!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    Yeah but Batros if from Etheria where Dactys is from Eternia. But if that can;t help maybe Batros is actually a humanoid who allowed himself to be genetically altered with 'bat' DNA which can explain his appearance and help those who are not happy with things like his wings...
    Unless they change something, I do not think Batros was introduced as Etherian. He wasn't on She-Ra's show, he appeared on Eternia in He-Man's show as an established villain. I don't know how that might be reconciled with another bat-like race, but technically there are a ton of reptile-based races after adding Filmation (Caligars, Snake Men, Reptons, and Reptile Men at least) and Batros looks quite a bit more different from Dactys than a lot of those guys look from each other.
    Last edited by gbagok; February 9, 2013 at 11:12pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    5. Castaspella - guess she looks fine but, her gimmick is just that she has magic? meh.
    Evil-Lyn's gimmick is that she's Evil...so...there's that.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I thought the same thing. Out of the leaked pics Mantenna seems pretty finished off as well.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Originally Posted by mahuti

Quote Originally Posted by LANTERN-RO View Post
    You must be up to something here!

I posted this like 4 pages ago....
    Last edited by Megalodon; February 9, 2013 at 11:28pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Evil-Lyn's gimmick is that she's Evil...so...there's that.
    And Count Marzo Master of Magic can give a high five to the Faceless One.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Filmation is Filmation, Classics is not full of super detailed figures, that was 200X, not Classics. Filmation characters do have more detail when translated to Classics. I mean how much more do people want? If you don't want them, don't buy them, I'm not buying NA or most 200X figures / characters, because I don't like or want them, but I'm not complaining about them being in MOTUC. If I get a figure in my sub, I will be selling it, sure it would be nice if you didn't have to, but it is what it is, and everyone with a sub knows it.

Filmation fits Classics style just fine, 200X on the other hand had oversized characters, anime styled hair, over detailing....now that, wouldn't fit, as that is not Classics....Classics is supposed to be Vintage styling, but modernized....and Filmation fits that bill to a T, NA fits, POP fits, Mini Comics fit....200X characters....yes, styling....no.

Batros is awesome just as he is, he didn't have Dragon wings, he didn't have bird wings, he didn't have butterfly wings, he had bat type wings....therefore as he appeared in Filmation, is the way he shouls appear in MOTUC.

I suppose everyone would be satisfied if Icer had gotten ice-cycle nippies Madonna style or something. But I forgot, so long as it's Filmation, no matter how detailed, they will be hated on.
    This is Jitsu in reverse. Remember when fans were complaining that Jitsu's face was too detailed? Someone is either too detailed or too simplistic for SOMEONE'S taste.

People aren't asking for 200X style detail where every rivet or seam was sculpted or each loincloth was unique, but some of the original characters of the Vintage Era have already set a higher standard for detail with their costumes. Teela is SUPER detailed compared to She-Ra. Man-At-Arms' Vintage toy/cardback armor is incredibly detailed, but it was simplified down for the cartoon. Now Bow and Bubble Power She-Ra are good examples of how to add slightly more detail to a character and still keep them recognizable.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by manic mailman View Post
    batros shokoti icer just look awesome
    i didnt even want icer or batros but i cant wait to get em now
    Lol the exact same! I was like... uhh and these guys are wwhoo exactly oh wait it doesn't matter! They look splendid!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    I posted this like 4 pages ago....
    Sorry man! I just didn´t see it!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelAschamp View Post
    It seems to me that no matter what is made into a collectable for this line, there are those individuals out there that can never truely be satisfied. Realistically they never can until they seek real help! The 4HM have done great jobs on each and every thing for this awsome collection. I as a fan of all things related to Masters of the univers and The great rebellion am greatly satisfied by these most awsome reveals and can not wait for the next few years of surprises! Besides why over do what is already great thanks 4HM

- - - Updated - - -
    here here sir!