Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaked Toy Fair photos from Matty Collector - Figure reveals *SPOILERS*

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Staff of Avion - oh no! Is this a sign we won't get a Hawk any time in the next 2 years? I was confident she would be on the new Roadmap to 2015.
    They could also release Hawk with the Emerald staff from the mini-comic...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Going by the leaked photos an the ones from the 4H's event, I'm saying Octavia, Shokoti, and Castaspella are the top figures of 2013.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Going by the leaked photos an the ones from the 4H's event, I'm saying Octavia, Shokoti, and Castaspella are the top figures of 2013.
    They seem to be some of the best female figures. No doubt about that!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Depending on how the final version turns out, Mantenna might be toy of the year.

UGH waiting for NA He-Man is gona kill me! That new photo looks closer to production; he's so awesome! Can't wait to see how it's all gona work - REALLY hope the armor and helmet head are coming with the figure so I don't have to wait for a weapons pak.

King He-Man looks a little less shiny, but I'm still liking him. He still looks battle-ready and play worthy!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Everyone looks great.

NA He-Man looks to have 2 hinged wrists. I don't know if that was there or discussed before, it's the first time I noticed it.

Octavia I'm hoping for a little more black around the eyes, but she still looks great.

King He-Man...well he's a figure. My first year subbing & the exclusive is my least wanted. Looking more forward to the map & mini comic. He's just there. I mean he's a MOTUC so he's awesome, but I just can't get excited for him.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Solstice-Moon View Post
    I *know* what you mean. If it helps soften the blow, imagine them as "vintage", but just never had plastic representation! There you go! Problem solved!
    ... that's not a bad way of looking at it!! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION
    Posted from iOS app

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    NA He-Man looks to have 2 hinged wrists. I don't know if that was there or discussed before, it's the first time I noticed it.
    Im pretty sure TG said after he was revealed at the last Matty palooza that each wrist will have a ball joint for articulation.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

im thinking that an icer/moss-man display will look cool in my collection ...

... kind of like a seasonal/nature/weather feel to it
    Last edited by tmc1984; February 10, 2013 at 08:34am.
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION
    Posted from iOS app

It might be the bright snow...
    but do Icer's white parts look grey to anyone else?

If so it's Frosta all over again...

Let's just say I'm much more concerned about the yellowish snow in that picture....

Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Mmmm.. It seems gray unfortunately.
    I hope they used at least some white paint accents on the fur..

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    It might be the bright snow...
    but do Icer's white parts look grey to anyone else?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...71750005_n.jpg

If so it's Frosta all over again...
    Gray is Mattel's white.

I'm glad King He-Man's crown is fine, but his armour seems plain grey instead of metallic. I hope it's just the light.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    Let's just say I'm much more concerned about the yellowish snow in that picture....

Only that Mattel won't ship that yellow snow to my door, right?

1 hour 32 minutes until the convention doors open.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    1 hour 32 minutes until the convention doors open.

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...s/7732f81d.png
    Is Mattel having a panel with possibly more reveals? If so, how long until that?
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

The MOTUC panel is at 3pm est I believe.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Is Mattel having a panel with possibly more reveals? If so, how long until that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    The MOTUC panel is at 3pm est I believe.
    Thanks. I appreciate it. I have been out of the loop for several days bc of the site problems.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Well I don't see any two little holes on Octavia's tentacles so I guess she will NOT be coming with bendy tentacles . This makes her an easy pass for me (like unflocked panthor). @#$%! Snout Spout trunk!
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Quote Originally Posted by roykop View Post
    the look/coloring of the armor/belt has just always seemed off for some reason.. I just can't pinpoint it.
    Allow me to pinpoint it for you: it's the clash caused by the blue-next-to-red and the golden-next-to-metallic-gray color combinations (especially the former). Heraldic tradition has a specific rule (called the "rule of tincture") that arose precisely to prevent this specific kind of chromatic dissonance, which is due to such color pairs displaying very little contrast in lightness (blue on red is dark on dark, and yellow on gray is light on light). Our visual system uses lightness contrast as the primary cue to identify shapes against their background (such as the circle shape on the chest cross and the H shape on the belt of the King He-Man figure), which is also why low contrast color combinations, such as said blue-on-red, are a pain in the eye for reading texts (i.e., identifying letter shapes), unlike high-contrast combinations (such as black-on-white, or red-on-yellow).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Love him hate him ugly or awesome. Regardless I want King He-man. To bad my arrangement fell through and now I won't be getting him.

I'm glad they fixed the ball on the crown for everyone. The assymmitry was awkward.

Love NA He-man's updates. Maybe I'll have a better chance of getting him.

I need to see more of the castle before I decide to keep it or not.
    HELP Daniel (masque) Benedict with his He-Man Fan Film "Fall of Grayskull" Kickstarter campaign!
    WATCH the youtube video.
    DONATE to his Kickstarter project!!
    VISIT He-ManFilm.com to find out more.

Part Needs
    : MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Erm, we still don't have the coolest of the original 5 Hordesmen
    Modulok? I'm thinking Mantenna legs/crotch will help move him toward realization.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Putting some unneeded details on boots and bracelets would hardly change a characters appearance enough were someone would go...."who the hell is that?"....I've seen a couple people say Batros should have had Draego's wings or something....um, no, that would completely alter his looks....his name is Batros, not Dragos....plus he's never had a figure, and I think going the proper Filmation appearance route is very appropriate for these figures. As I said, the Filmation appearance whether you add detail to the boots, gloves or bracelets or not, are perfectly fitting to the aesthetics of Classics. Being a line based on Vintage appearance of the figures, not a modern look like 200X was.

And about MAA's armor....his Vintage armor, wasn't that detailed, and if they opted for that in Classics, I would have been happy....regardless the card back version was never made before, but if it had been, it would have looked like the Vintage armor more....

Teela is well detailed, She-Ra may not be overly detailed....but she didn't have to be....she wasn't, so what? Not all figures in Classics are heavy on detail....He-Man isn't, Skeletor Isn't, Mer-Man isn't, Adam, isn't....
    Art is relative. Detail might be unnecessary to you (Filmation fan), but I thrive on detail (200X fan).

Added detail makes Filmation characters fit in more with the Classics aesthetic started by the 8 back characters. That's the way some Filmation characters adapt to Classics--by gaining detail the way 200X or NA characters or concepts lose detail getting translated.

Speaking of added detail...

Trailbreaker!!! Er, Trailcutter...

Not IDW Stealth Jet Megatron....not too crazy about "Bumblestreak" either. Give me IDW Prime!

Orion Pax with G1 Prime Gun and WFC Energon Axe! Please fit in WFC Optimus' hands!

$125 Metroplex!!!!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Rioblast View Post
    Well I don't see any two little holes on Octavia's tentacles so I guess she will NOT be coming with bendy tentacles . This makes her an easy pass for me (like unflocked panthor). @#$%! Snout Spout trunk!
    I think you need to look again. I see in the larger pic what DOES look like breathers for the bendy tentacles. I get the feeling that the outcry to match King Hsss' bendy feature has been heard. Look closely at the pics at AFI, I may be wrong, but that is what it looks like to me!
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia