Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaked Toy Fair photos from Matty Collector - Figure reveals *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Modulok? I'm thinking Mantenna legs/crotch will help move him toward realization.
    I guess so, although Mantenna's legs have those weird fins on the sides, which Modolok's legs did not have.

I'm with you MGM, I thrive on detail as well. That's why I loved the 200x line. A few added details to some of the Filmation figures wouldn't hurt. Although I think that Batros and Icer are fine the way they are. They have the right amount of detail that makes them fit in the line. Maybe some detail on Shokoti's gauntlets wouldn't hurt. I find those plain female gauntlets or arm bracelets, whatever you want to call them, so plain.
    Last edited by J-West; February 10, 2013 at 11:15am.
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~Snake Armor He-Man~Tung Lashor~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~200x King Hisss~Ninjor
    *Icer*~*Batros*~*Shokotti*

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    (nevermind)
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

What a great day for my home Internet to go down... Comcast sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Clawful looking taller is an illusion because he's standing on the jawbridge and he's closer to the camera than the opening. Look at this picture and you get a better idea of the size:
    Attachment 82366
    I agree, I wish the castle was at least 1/4 bigger!
    God I hate Stratos.

Can someone please confirm the time of the official reveals? Will it be at 3 pm EST? I'd like to know so I can leave the computer room for a while to attend other tasks in the meantime. Thanks
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Is it just me, or does the Grayskull prototype look smaller than the one Scott showed in that video back in Dec?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Can someone please confirm the time of the official reveals? Will it be at 3 pm EST? I'd like to know so I can leave the computer room for a while to attend other tasks in the meantime. Thanks
    Yes it's 3pm, which is 8pm UK time and 9pm Western Europe time.
    10 figures I still need: 10/Peekablue, 9/Sssqueeze, 8/Lizard Man, 7/Hunga the Harpy, 6/Gwildor, 5/Filmation Clawful, 4/Mermista, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Is it just me, or does the Grayskull prototype look smaller than the one Scott showed in that video back in Dec?
    It certainly isn't just you. Lots of others have been pointing that out since Friday. But it appears we won't know for sure until the official reveal. It could be a perspective issue, a photoshopping-an-out-of-scale-Clawful issue, or a tricking-the-fans-into-buying-the-castle-by-making-them-think-He-Man-would-be-able-to-ride-Battle-Cat-through-the-castle-door-with-a-foam-model-that-did-not-take-into-account-the-base-and-door-thickness issue.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Thank you.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I don't believe that it is smaller. What people might not be taking in consideration is that the foam cut out was flat. now we have the proto/unpainted finished product the door clawful is standing on is 3d not flat which makes him stand higher in the door way.

this is a non issue for me as its just a backdrop for my collection display but I also understand fans dissapointment in the size.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Art is relative. Detail might be unnecessary to you (Filmation fan), but I thrive on detail (200X fan).

Added detail makes Filmation characters fit in more with the Classics aesthetic started by the 8 back characters. That's the way some Filmation characters adapt to Classics--by gaining detail the way 200X or NA characters or concepts lose detail getting translated.

Speaking of added detail...

http://cdn.tfw2005.com/transformers-...1360456290.jpg

Trailbreaker!!! Er, Trailcutter...

Not IDW Stealth Jet Megatron....not too crazy about "Bumblestreak" either. Give me IDW Prime!

Orion Pax with G1 Prime Gun and WFC Energon Axe! Please fit in WFC Optimus' hands!

http://cdn.tfw2005.com/transformers-...1360456623.jpg
    http://cdn.tfw2005.com/transformers-...1360456623.jpg

http://cdn.tfw2005.com/transformers-...1360455951.jpg

$125 Metroplex!!!!
    Whatever about the detail, I'm fine with stuff as is, just my preference....

However on a side note, I may abandon my quest for Grayskull, since, I'm not sure other than for it to sit in a box in my room....I really don't need it. And I may go in, in favor of Metroplex, much cheaper, just as big, but much more enjoyable for me. $400 (BBTS) vs $125....yeah.... I'm seriously thinking about it.

Not to mention, there are a few Transformers I am considering....Grimlock, Blaster....now Blitzwing & Springer.... MOTUC is gonna hafta share my money now....but I won't be passing on the 2 Filmation figures I have been wanting....Batros and Icer, and honestly....I could pass on all other non essential Filmation characters, because out of all of them, those 2 are the most wanted of mine only. The sub is happening no matter what, but at least I can sell off the unwanted ones....I do want Metroplex though, and honestly, I'd prefer it over Castle Grayskull, since I'll never ever use it for anything but to mash my carpet down where it will remain sitting for the foreseeable future, Metroplex on the other hand, will be transformed and messed with, then....put back in his box.
    Recent....Blade
    Coming....Scorpia & Battle Lion
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    thx a lot!

Will there be any sites that do - gasp - live coverage?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Okay, is anyone livestreaming the panel? Or do we go to Toyark or Toynewsi for text updates?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Has anyone seen the set up?

Is this going to be the "official reveals" thread, then? Seeing as they've already been revealed, of course. I do hope there's more stuff we haven't seen, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Modulok? I'm thinking Mantenna legs/crotch will help move him toward realization.
    Finally someone gets it! Since when were Dragstor and Horde Trooper in the original 5 Hordesmen

This is the 2nd time Mosquitors been out before Modulok, and I'm not having it!

Seriously, hope you're right, would love to see Modulok soon
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Wood Floors!!!! SICK!!!!

Do you guys see the swords of power ornament?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Is this going to be the "official reveals" thread, then? Seeing as they've already been revealed, of course. I do hope there's more stuff we haven't seen, though.
    I would prefer a fresh thread.

Woo!
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I would prefer a fresh thread.

Woo!

Me too, plus there are people with more will power than us, they should get the usual thread
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Mark/Fantastic Plastic Toys posted this.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    love the wood flooring.

Hey - Anyone know where I Can watch/listen to the reveal. Link would be nice, Thanks

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Detail might be unnecessary to you (Filmation fan), but I thrive on detail (200X fan).
    I think "detail" is the wrong word to get hung up on.

Fang Man has plenty of detail, but he's still one of the goofiest figures of the line (Toothless Skelly included!) so for me it's much more about tone and feel than it is about "detail".

(Even looking at 200x, almost everything in the line had the same level of detail, but not everything was the right tone---variants, the Snake Men, etc.)

There are figures in the MOTUC line that capture the correct tone for a nostalgic, but ADULT audience seeking more refined, majestic versions of their favorite characters. And there are those that do not.

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    Do you guys see the swords of power ornament?
    I see that, very nice touch, though I'm not thrilled about the Sword of Protection being the golden/bronze color, I wish it were silver like the sword of power....
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

Heroic Warrior
    So when are the official reveals?