View Poll Results: Will you continue to buy MOTUC if 2016 has a full line-up of NA (or an NA spin-off)

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I will continue to buy a subscription to support MOTUC!

155 60.31%
  • Yes, but I will start to cherry pick the line starting with NA!

16 6.23%
  • Yes, but I will continue to cherry pick the line like I always have!

22 8.56%
  • No, I don't like NA and I will quit collecting MOTUC if that's all that's left!

64 24.90%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you support New Adventures in 2016 assuming it has a full line-up (or spin-off)?

Do you support New Adventures in 2016 assuming it has a full line-up (or spin-off)?

I'm curious about the support for the New Adventures faction of MOTUC after 2015. Make sure to check out the pictures at the bottom of this post before you vote!

Assuming in 2016 MOTUC will be purely releasing New Adventures (or a spin-off line like the 30th anniversary line was), will you still continue to subscribe to buy more New Adventures of He-Man figures to complete your MOTUC collection? There would only be 12 unique characters left who previously had figures in the vintage NA toyline.

This will assume we receive in 2013-2015 the 7 primary essential NA characters: Darius, Hydron, Master Sebrian, Mara, New Adventures Skeletor, Flogg & Crita.

These are the 12 NA characters left to be made:
    Galactic Guardians
    Kayo
    Nocturna
    SpinWit
    Vizar
    Artilla (Beast Sku?)
    Sagitar (Beast Sku!)
    Tuskador (Beast Sku?)

Evil Mutants
    Butthead
    Hoove
    Lizorr
    Quakke
    Staghorn

Not added for this poll of 2016 but maybe for another future year;
    Drissi, Caz, Crystoll, Zark, The Scientists, etc...
    The NA Variants: Disk Of Doom Skeletor, Battle Blade Skeletor, Battle-Punch He-Man, Thunder-Punch He-Man, Missile Armor Flipshot, Spin Fist Hydron, Hook Em Flogg, Too Tall Hoove

This Poll is only about NA, therefore I left out the "Other" Option. Hence the spin-off line mention. Vote if you want to support NA or not.

THE 12 UNIQUE NEW ADVENTURES FIGURES WHICH ARE LEFT:

THE 7 PRIMARY ESSENTIAL NEW ADVENTURES CHARACTERS WHICH SHOULD MAKE THE 2013-2014-2015 CUT:

ARTWORK TO SHOW OFF THE AWESOMENESS OF THE NEW ADVENTURES!

MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Mara, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Blast-Attak, Hunga the Harpy, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Dragstor, Imp, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn

Yup. I can live without several, but don't want to.

Every vintage toy (in toon style)...but give us an accessory pack to make the variants, Crita, Sebrian, Mara, Darius, Grr & Clobber & I'm good. I'll buy more, but I feel I need those.

Matty can keep Caz though. Save him for the MOTUC Classics line in 30 years.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    DYLAMANIA IS RUNNIN' WILD! THE MOB IS GROWING!

I want all vintage unique NA figures.

It's as simple as that. No ifs, no buts.

ToyGuru may feel that Nocturna, Kayo et al are plain. But I'd argue they aren't as plain as his superhero, or Geoff Johns' creation.

We also need Disks of Doom Skeletor. This variant appeared in more episodes and is more recognisable than the original NA figure. 2 heads could also make this a hybrid with Battle Blade Skeletor, another key variant in the cartoon.

Also would like at least the 4 or 5 core Jetlag characters. If Mattel bothered to get the license then surely they want to use it.
    Last edited by paulioscorchio; February 8, 2013 at 03:27am.
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

at $38 per figure NOW, they will probably be $50 then...I'd rather buy the original figures off eBay, which would be slightly cheaper.
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

I will support getting any NA figuress they give us.
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Yes! I want all characters. I won't deny that some figures are rather boring (Nocturna, Kayo, Vizar) and some are just not that great designs (Butthead, Staghorn), but the 4H would make them desirable I'm sure!

First of all, I will continue to buy at least 1 sub if that's all I can afford to support the MOTUC line for as long as it will last. There are always figures people want which wouldn't be possible without support and it wouldn't be fair to deprive them of their most wanted figures in favor of our wants and exit the line imho. The line could always change the amount released in a full year if the price goes up. Maybe to 6 figures a year released bi-monthly. I think it could save the line if it's more affordable on that annual base with another price increase.

I want all of NA who had vintage figures because I like every single design enough to have a MOTUC figure of. As far as variants for NA go, only Disk Of Doom Skeletor and Battle Blade Skeletor are must haves for me. I don't care much about the other variants. Even if a few NA figures might look plain, we already got figures in MOTUC who are arguably more plain than any of the NA figures. The MOTUC line would also feel incomplete to me if we didn't get at least all of the unique vintage toys figures of all factions.

Another factor in what makes NA even more awesome now imo is that they will be compatible with Star Wars as well! Star Wars will have a new fully articulated 6" Black Series line starting in August with 8 figures this year and will be releasing mostly Original Trilogy.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Mara, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Blast-Attak, Hunga the Harpy, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Dragstor, Imp, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    YES, I want all characters whether they be NA, POP, 200X, filmation, vintage, etc.
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

I was never a NA fan but I love the way they have been incorporated into Classics and now my collection won't feel complete without them. So that's a big yes from me.

BUT in regards to the OP I doubt NA will get 7 slots in the "All Star Years". I'd be fine with them getting 7 spots presuming there are enough spots to go around, but I'm guessing NA will realistically at most get 4 spots in the All Star Years with maybe a 5th spot for a convention exclusive (since 2014 will be NAs 25th anniversary). Heck even 4 to 5 spots seems unlikely, so I'd say no way will we get all 7 prior to 2016 given the number of vintage MOTU, POP and key Filmation figures left to do. So for the sake of NA I think it's key that the line keeps going into 2017 and beyond.
    Classics won't feel complete unless ALL vintage MOTU POP & NA are included
    TOP 35 WANTS
    MOTU:TungLashor/Gwildor/Dragstor/Saurod/Ninjor
    POP:Angella/Mermista/Peekablue/Perfuma
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/Andros/Hoove
    FILMATION: DreeElle/Imp/Montork/Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque
    MISC:Lodar/Veena/Miro/Delora/Hawke/OOLarr/Prahvus/Dare/EvilSeed

I'd like to get all characters from all factions, eras and sources, but since that's a pipe dream, I'd be more or less satisfied if we could get at least the following for NA:

-GP: NA He-Man, Hydron, Flipshot/Icarius, Master Sebrian, Mara, Darius, Sagitar/Tharkus
    -SM: NA Skeletor (with Grr), Flogg/Brakk, Slushhead/Kalamarr, Optikk, Crita, Hoove, Karatti, Lizorr

Next I'd like:

-GP: Drissi (with Caz and "pokemon"), the Scientists, Kayo/Tatarus, Spinwit
    -SM: Crystoll, Quakke

plus the Astrosub vehicle, Starship Eternia and the Nordor playset. And then all the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    Another factor in what makes NA even more awesome now imo is that they will be compatible with Star Wars as well! Star Wars will have a new fully articulated 6" Black Series line starting in August with 8 figures this year and will be releasing mostly Original Trilogy.
    But MotUC is more of a 7" line, very noticeably bigger than 6"-scale figures. A relatively small difference of about an inch in height translates into a huge difference in volume because that small relative difference of about +15% along one dimension gets raised to the cube when turned into a 3D figure (6"^3 = 216 in, but 7"^3 = 343 in, which is over +50% bigger in volume). If the new Star Wars line is in true 6" scale (like DCUC or the Ghostbusters lines from Mattel), they'll look definitely of a different (much volumetrically smaller) scale next to MotUC figures.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

They all look ridiculous to me......If I want space men I buy Star Wars.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    If we were down to nothing but New Adventures, I would join the Evil Forces of Cherry Pick-ors. All I really want from NA is a few of the Space Mutants. I'm good on everything else. Oh and a NA Skeletor since they're puttin out that NA He-Man.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

All I want from NA is Crita and Mara. I might consider Darius (if he doesn't look to "Sci-Fi") but that's it. They can join the one NA character I have which is Optikk.
    Last edited by Jubilation; October 22, 2013 at 10:10am.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

Nope, if that's all that was left, I'd certainly be done with MOTUC. I don't even want the ones that are out now, and NA He-Man is off to the Marketplace before he arrives, as soon as I know he's coming, he's going. For one, people complain about Fang Man, yet to me the NA look more ridiculous than anything Filmation, except the pink bunny man....I love Filmation, but even I don't want him, unless he's muted pink and really bad ass looking.

If I want Sci-Fi Space, I'd buy Battlestar Gallactica or Star Wars...Comic & Filmation eras were Sci-Fi enough for MOTU for me, losing the might and magic of Eternia, is not He-Man to me.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    As long as they all look as great as Karatti, I'm definitely still down.

Bring on Nocturna and Vizar.

I will be very sad if we DON'T get the following:

Crita
    NA Skeletor
    Flogg
    Quakke
    Hydron
    Mara
    Sebrian

I need those in my collection.

Tuskador, Darius, Artilla, and Sagittar would be really nice too.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm in full support of NA.
    NA has been on my mind a lot lately. NA is seriously lacking specially the good guys.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

I'm very polarized about New Adventures. If the concepts and styling are bold, powerful, and mesh well with the rest of Classics, I'll take them. For example, I definitely want at least: Hydron, Drissi, Mara, Discs of Doom Skeletor, Flogg, Crita, NA Teela, and NA Sorceress as they have great designs and can easily fit with Classics in both stature and stylization.

I definitely DO NOT want characters like Caz, Master Sebrian, and the Scientists as, like many of the Filmation created characters, they don't have the powerful look or stature of a standard size Classics figure.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Crystal Moonbeam & Shezar The All American's Avatar
    I don't even like New Adventures, but if the Four Horsemen are involved, I'm in. Look at Icarius, Optikk, Karatti, and NA He-Man so far. 'Nuff said.

I only want:

- NA Skeletor
    - NA Teela
    - maybe Lizorr

... that is all
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

When the MOTUC line started I had no interest in NA characters. I was never into the line as a kid and I never even knew the cartoon existed until the DVD came out a couple years ago. I remember seeing NA He-man in the store when I was a kid and I thought "What the hell is this crap, that's not He-man!" When the MOTUC line revealed Optikk I was actually kind of mad that they were putting him out already when there were so many core vintage characters we hadn't gotten yet.

But now, we've gotten almost all of the vintage core characters. I've since read the NA mini-comics here on the org and I've watched a couple episodes of the cartoon. Now I love the NA characters in MOTUC and I hope we end up with a good sized crew of NA characters before the line ends. I would absolutely buy a sub of just NA figures. I really hope we at least get NA Skeletor, Flogg, Hydron, Darius, Kayo, Lizzor, Spinwit...
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

im in. i gotta admit if i didnt get most of the protectors i would not mourn it. that being said ill still get them.

i do have to dissagree strongly that darius or sebrianshould be include in the "primary essential" grouping but otherwise agree with the remaining choices. actually sagitar should be a beast or giant any time now as essential.

Snappy Threader
    Yes I will. Long live MOTU!

I'm not sure I understand the question. But I will most definitely support the New Adventures of He-Man. HOWEVER, I won't be buying New Adventures of She-Ra. So I suppose I'll keep on picking cherries. Plus there's no way of telling what other ingenious ideas for stopping people from buying overseas our government can come up with byt then.
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

i'd probably cherry pick, not a big fan of NA esp the heroes, too gi joe/centurions for my tastes. the villains are more interesting but IMO for the most part less interesting than MOTU.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure