View Poll Results: What one single thing has most let you down in the line in 2011?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • The initial "overall direction" of the line seems to have got lost a bit

1 1.35%
  • Good figures, disappointing bios

5 6.76%
  • Disappointing selection of characters released overall

4 5.41%
  • The era I want to see represented not covered enough (discuss in thread)

5 6.76%
  • Too many variants swamping line

4 5.41%
  • Good selection character-wise, but many not done in the way I'd hoped

5 6.76%
  • Increasingly poor quality control (wrong / missing parts; paint jobs, etc.)

24 32.43%
  • The line doesn’t feel to have the care / detail it did initially

6 8.11%
  • Ordering / shipping problems (either via sub, or “on the day” online ordering)

13 17.57%
  • Too expensive (bonuses / customs / various charges; discuss in thread)

0 0%
  • The line just doesn't "do it" for me any more / at the moment

1 1.35%
  • Other (discuss in thread)

6 8.11%

Thread: What've you been disappointed with the most in the line 2011? (constructive comments)

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

What've you been disappointed with the most in the line 2011? (constructive comments)

Okay, well, it's the end of the year, and we all love a bit of a moan...

Actually, the idea of this poll is not for an out-and-out "this and that is destroying the line" kinda thing (enough other threads going on for that... think I've even started one of them a while back ), but more to single out the one thing that you have felt most let down with in the line over the last twelve months... with hope that Matty might actually pick up on this and alter it for the forthcoming year.
    So constructive commenting, guys - I think we've all done out fair share of ranting lately (*cough*Demo-Man screw up*cough*). And if anyone wants to start a counterpart "good things in 2011" poll, be my guest - and yes, I believe there is so much good still about the line.

Last edited by Spacedust; December 27, 2011 at 04:22pm.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

i don't know about "increasingly", but i'm most disappointed with the defects and poor customer service.

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    You forgot SUBSCRIBE OR DIE so I went with other. The worst thing for me is Mattel trying to kill the day-of buyers ((cherry pickers)) and forcing us to buy a subscription. The attitude of buy it all or nothing is the real problem for me.
    One purple turd deserves another.

I don't see too many variants...2011 saw PED He-Man, BG Teela, BA Skeletor, H Hordak, BP She-Ra, BG Evil-Lyn, 4 monthly sub variants, 1 non sub, 1 sub exclusive.

6 out of 24 figures & 1 Vehicle is not excessive...so I don't get the people going on about that....Variants make the lines go on...to a point..not like 20 variants of a single character, that is a bit overkill..there was only 8 variants that I know of in the 80's MOTU....now how many variants were in the 200X line? I don't know what figures made it to release, but what I can find there are like 5 of He-Man alone....

The QC is my biggest complaint, followed by the lack of competence in DR, they are one of the most incompetent companies I have ever seen.

While I don't collect every figure, I have not been disappointed with a single one I have seen released, nor has the line ceased to wow me in general...I have my "oh God they actually made that?" figures but overall the line looks good to me, one of the best lines as far as figures that look good together.

My least favorites of 2011: Bow, PED He-Man, Megator, Clawful

Somewhat like but don't care about: Leech, Palace Guards, BA Skeletor, Faceless One, H Hordak, Snout Spout, Demo-Man (now because of the neon glow), BG Teela

Favorites of 2011, and actually own, or want: Man-E-Faces, BP She-Ra, Swift Wind, BG Evil-Lyn (coming), Panthor (want)...Demo Man falls here as well, because I bought him to delay being charged for Evil-Lyn, and the Skeletor head...I plan on selling him or doing something with him later, like making the blue Demo-Man someone drew up somewhere, all I need is the Beast Man armor from the weapons pack, and an extra fur loincloth.

Don't own but like: Shadow Beast, Catra

Some of the Bios stink, like Demo-Man doesn't really decribe..I don't know DEMO-MAN! It reads more of a Skeletor sub bio than for a new character...very poor there to me.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 27, 2011 at 09:27pm.
    Recent.... Lizard Man
    Coming....
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

2011 was the best year for MOTUC so far (imo) i'm only a little bit disappointed with demo-man's final version.

increasingly poor quality control. Though I am still very very happy with this year.

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    Give me some more Snake men. The forgotten faction...
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Ordering/shipping. 3-5 days to ship just seems wacked out.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Don't really have core complaints if you will. I haven't had to deal w/ cs at all. My figures are all good paint app wise and my Swifty has correct legs. Like to see some more Snakemen thrown into the mix. But that's about it. Waiting for a killer 2012 kickoff for 30th of MOTU.

It's easily the increasingly poor quality control. The white films mold forming on figures, wrongly assembled and missing parts, poor paint jobs, paint chips, broken and cracked plastic, loose joints, sticky and oily residue, and also one of the worst 'customer service'.

I keep supporting the line hoping for it to become better because of the love for the characters from nostalgia.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: (Rotar), Songster "Kevin Corrigan", Kittrina, Illumina, (Peekablue), (Perfuma), Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, (Saurod), (Twistoid), KARG, Evil Seed 200X, Lord Masque, Hunga the Harpy, Lodar, Mask of Power Demons, (Dragstor), Vultak, Calix, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Heroic Warrior
    Character selection. I was dissapointed in BG Teela, Snout Spout, Icarius, Bow, Vikor, Shadow Beast, Swift Wind....

I got some of the figures, because they look cool, but getting some other characters would be more amazing for me personally!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    The overall attitude and contradictions of the management took the fun out of it for me.
    The biggest bummer was the attempt to force us into the sub.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    This one should have been multiple choice!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

The worst thing is still this current delay and silence from Mattel. I guess that's the shipping concern, but it's really one big fat fiasco that gets more troubling every day it persists without comment.

Other than that I think I was most put off by the choices for variants, but 2011 did have three really good variants (BA Skeletor, BG Teela, and BP She-Ra), so my sentiment is really aimed at Snake Man-At-Arms, a 2012 figure. I'm not against figures that only add a new head and accessory (Catra's cat warriors only need a new head on a green Beastman with Carnivus feet), but SMAA is like reselling Malibu Stacy with a new hat. The last two 2011-sub variants were underwhelming, but they feel worse with SMAA following them as it's starting to feel like a bad trend for non-He-Man/Skeletor variants becoming increasingly lame.

I get how appealing it is to Mattel to offer a figure with just a new head and very minor paint app changes. I get how it's nice to make those sorts of profits, but just don't put that kind of figure in the sub. BP She-Ra, that's a variant to put in the sub. Snake Man-At-Arms? That's something that belongs as an optional release. I usually ask for more stuff in the sub, so that's an indication of how much I think this one was a misfire. In contrast, I'd have liked TOD Sorceress in the sub myself, but I don't think most subscribers would have liked that any better.
    Last edited by gbagok; January 7, 2012 at 03:24pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    You forgot SUBSCRIBE OR DIE so I went with other. The worst thing for me is Mattel trying to kill the day-of buyers ((cherry pickers)) and forcing us to buy a subscription. The attitude of buy it all or nothing is the real problem for me.
    My thought exactly.I hate being sucked into buying figures I don't really want or have a clue who they are.I am a 1983 and 2003 MOTU fan but noy the New Adventures version.

Poor Quality Control is what I voted, although even that wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for Mattel's atrocious customer service. Instead of 'Customer Service,' they should rename that department 'Customer Lubeless Butt ****ing,' because that's what I feel has been done to me every time I speak with those *******s.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I haven 't had any major issues that haven't been resolved. I've been fortunate! All but two figures since 2008 have come mint in box...two having been damaged and replaced. That's not too bad considering all the problems that have existed and the fact the white mailer didn't start with He-man and Beastman. The only issues I've had are: 1. I had a She-ra loose which was the worst action figure I've ever owned. Thank God for She-ra part 2. 2nd, I don't like that I paid for UPS shipping and Newgistics is handling the order and taking much longer than UPS. 3rd...I feel like a lot of plastic is being used on stuff I could do without. As a sub holder, I commited to purchasing whatever they put in the sub but I don't need or want the Star Sisters. And while figures like BG Teela are great figures, I would just much rather have Ram Man and Mekaneck first before we get into all that stuff. I understand their reasoning and cant fault them for it...I just don't like these "if we get to Rammy" etc. kinds of discussions. If the line were to end pre-maturally without a beloved favorite and classic like Ram Man, the fact that I had the Star Sisters or Chief Carnivus wouldn't make up for it!
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    "Subscribe, or we have no use for you!"
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    My biggest problem of 2011 was when I had to change my credit card info, thus making it a huge struggle to receive my figures one month which included the sub exclusives. I had to email numerous times and call the poor customer service in order to get it straight and when my map didn't come with my figures, I had to email and call again. If it weren't for that I'd say the biggest problem would have been the QC with the shoulders and legs

Heroic Warrior
    I went with poor quality control. We pay heavy money for this stuff and it seems I hear horror stories of chipping and backward shoulders and loose ankles. That stuff upsets me. Sucks is I never had the chance to open any of mine and dread the day I do just to find out something is wrong, like granamyr. But thats the trials and tribulations of not opening em up when I got em to see if they were defected. But as much as I wanted to open em I couldnt due to space and such things that plague us. I just hope im one of the lucky ones that dont have any defects. I did notice some blue dye or paint on shokoti and also nephtu as well on their arms. But I may be able to either ignore it or scrub it off.
    Other than that this line is the best thing on earth besides me, women and money..

Increasingly poor quality control (wrong / missing parts; paint jobs, etc.).

I chose #4: Favorite Era Not Represented.

I NEED two sets of figures from all the eras. I need FILMATION, as much of it as I can get and as many different characters as I can get. And, I need PRINCESS OF POWER, vintage line. I'm hopeful that the next two years will have a healthy amount of Filmation. And I'm praying like heck that we get a POP subscription so we can get all the B/C/D-listers included quickly.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!