Thread: Original Masters Figures and Country of Origin.

Widget

Original Masters Figures and Country of Origin.

Hello Everyone,

Been a He-Fan since 1983 and an avid collector since then but I am new to the forums so can everyone please be gentle with me.

I am trying to put together the production information for all of the figures in the classic range, I know figures were made in many different countires during the 6 year production run, Taiwan, Mexico, Hong Kong, India, France & Malaysia can anyone think of any others that I have missed out from this?

So what I am actually trying to do is work out what year should be stamped on the back of these figures next to their counrty of orign for example I know that a lot of first run series 1 figures released in 1982 the original 8 back line up came from Mexico but does anyone know of any of the original 8 back line up coming from another country?

Again same with later relases I know Scareglow is printed 1981 due to him coming from the same mould as probably Skeletor did in 1981 but can anyone compile a complete list of countries and the figures?

I am trying to do this to get a better idea on when countries began to produce the figures and what moulds etc were used for different series runs, For example does anyone know of any figure that came from Hong Kong that would be stamped 1981?

I appreicate this may be a tough question for people to figure out or people do not have time to respond to but any help that can be offered would be very much appreciated by myself as I try to get a clear image of this fantastic toyline in my head

Thanks for taking the time to read this post guys and I also thank everyone who may reply to me as yu guys are the fountain of knowledge on all things He-Man.

The original 8-back line in most cases came from Taiwan....all of the first editions of 8back figures are from TAIWAN.
    There is Battle Armor Skeletor marked USA (but I don't know for no any other figure produced there),
    Spain (there are CONOST figures that are not marked "Spain" and have no country marks, and latter produced figures which were not Congost, but they are marked "Spain"),
    Italy, Laser Light Skeletor, Laser Power He-Man (they were also produced in Spain but on the figures it is always marked "Italy"), Tytus, Megator and meny of the figures from 1987 were produced in Italy and you can recognize them because they don't have country marks and in most cases if the mold was taken from other country, the name of the country was scratched off so you can see just the "lump" on the place where it should be country mark.
    Greece, I know only for Skeletor and Terror Claws Skeletor produced there (no country marks on the figures).

..and there are also LOS AMOS DEL UNIVERSO from Mexico (not the same as the other figures made in Mexico), but also there those from South America: ESTRELA Brasil, ROTOPLAST Venezuela (figures are not marked Venezuela, but in most cases they have marks of those countries from which the mold was taken), TOP TOYS Argentina.

Here is the example of Battle Armor Skeletor from USA, Venezuela (marked "Taiwan" on the figure) and Taiwan:

Last edited by Mantisaur82; February 10, 2013 at 12:12am.