Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eternia: The Dark Years: The Fallen Hero chapter 1

Warrior of the Inferno Brimstone's Avatar

Eternia: The Dark Years: The Fallen Hero chapter 1

Part 1 The Fallen Hero

Night had fallen over Evergreen Forest and a lone figure stood at the edge of the abyss that ringed the ruins of Castle Grayskull. The figure pulled back the hood of his cape to get a better look at the ruins. Duncan felt anger well up inside, as it always did when he came here, but not for the sorry state of the castle but for what the castle represented. Before its destruction Castle Grayskull, despite the frightening visage of the great skull face that surprisingly still stood, stood as a beacon of hope for all Eternians in the war against Skeletor and his followers, but now stood as an empty broken shell. Duncan’s anger also stemmed from the fact that Grayskull was the exact spot where the events that led to the Horde’s occupation of Eternia had begun. If Prince Adam hadn’t foolishly threw himself at Skeletor as he was being carried aboard the city sized starship that hung above the castle, by tractor beam, then the powers of the Elders of Eternia wouldn’t have been transferred to that same ship. And most of all Duncan wouldn’t have had to face a future where he could no longer see the beautiful face of the Sorceress.
    Duncan’s thoughts were broken as the ache in his right shoulder cried out for attention. Duncan placed his left hand on his shoulder and found the button that would administer a painkiller in to his system. Duncan had lost his arm during fighting against the Horde, along with his left leg and both were replaced with cybernetic graphs. Only his cybernetic arm gave him any problem, his leg seemed to have fitted just fine. At times he felt it was something to do with where the implants had come from, but Duncan had made sure that both arm and leg was free from any suspicious devices.
    As the pain in his shoulder began to fade Duncan’s attention again returned to Castle Grayskull. The four towers were gone and the walls had collapsed in on themselves, but the skull still stood, all be it at a slanted angle, and the large wooden Jawbridge remained firmly closed. Duncan knew that it was only the surface that had suffered, below lay countless other rooms and chambers had survived, these rooms had once been used to host the magical powers of the Elders, but now had become host to a band of rebels who opposed Hordak’s rule.
    Duncan raised his right arm and was about to press a button on his wrist when someone burst out of the trees of Evergreen Forest. Duncan whipped around and made a grab for his blaster when he saw who had disturbed him. It was a boy no older than eight years old, he was clutching a large amount of fruit, which was spilling over to the floor, to his chest. The boy skidded to a stop and dropped the fruit when he saw Duncan standing in his path.
    “Please mister!” the boy cried breathlessly, “You have to help me!”
    “It OK you are safe with me,” said Duncan as he placed his left hand on the boy’s trembling shoulder. “Tell me what happened.”
    The boy looked up at Duncan and started to calm down a little. The boy took a couple of breaths before he spoke.
    “I-I was just trying to get some food for my sister,” the boy began to explain, “ and the metal men tried to grab me, but I ran from them as fast as I could, but they are after me.”
    Duncan knew exactly who the boy meant when he mentioned the metal men. Horde Troopers would be in the area shortly.
    “Where is your sister?” asked Duncan, “Where are your parents?”
    “My mother and father were killed during the attack,” said the boy, “My sister is back in Dellware, but she is ill. She needs this food.”
    “Dellware?” said Duncan a little confused, “That’s far from here. Why did you run all this way?”
    “To get to Grayskull,” said the boy as if the answer was plain to see. “Everyone knows that this area is haunted, the metal men don’t come here.”
    “I wish that was so.” said Duncan. Then as if to prove his point three Horde Troopers stepped from the forest. Duncan gently pushed the boy behind him for protection.
    “What is the meaning of this?” Duncan demanded of the first Trooper.
    The Trooper glared at Duncan with its glowing yellow eyes, with the moonlight shining off its grey armour it stepped up to Duncan.
    “This child is a thief,” snarled the Trooper. “We are here to take him for judgement.”
    “Not if I have anything to say about it.” Duncan said keeping the boy shielded behind him.
    The Trooper glared down at Duncan.
    “And what do you plan on doing about it Old Man?” replied the Trooper, behind the Trooper the others let out a laugh then Duncan heard the sound of shock sticks being activated.
    Duncan didn’t back down, instead he stepped closer to the Trooper. Slowly Duncan pulled his cape to one side to allow the Trooper to see the small red bat insignia set on the right breast of his armour, all the time being careful that the boy didn’t get a look at it.
    “Do you recognize this?” asked Duncan with the same sarcastic tone in his voice as that Trooper had when it spoke. “More importantly do you know what it means?”
    Even though the Trooper had no emotions Duncan could tell that he had caught it by surprise.
    “Y-Yes sir,” the Trooper replied. “But you must understand theft can not be tolerated. The boy must come with us.”
    “That is true,” replied Duncan, he felt the boy tighten his grip on the back of his cape in fear. “But I am not willing to send any child to Grim-Lock’s cells or even worse have him sent to Karg’s mine pits. And if Hordak has a problem with that please remind him who is in charge of upgrading his tin can army.”
    The Trooper looked over its shoulder as if looking for backup then returned its gaze to Duncan. Duncan placed the index finger of his artificial arm in to it palm ready to activate its weapons system in the Troopers decided to foolishly attack. But the Trooper backed down.
    “We will leave the boy in your hands,” said the Trooper as it returned to the others and began to leave. Suddenly the Trooper stopped and turned back to Duncan. “Sir why are you out here so late, curfew is in effect. I will have to report………”
    The Trooper’s words were cut off as an arrow flew out of the trees and struck the Trooper in the head. Before the other Troopers could react they to were struck with arrows. Duncan heard a fizzing sound and a bright light shone through the yellow lenses of the Troopers eyes, then the Troopers dropped like rocks, small wisps of smoke floating up from their burnt-out heads.
    “Did you do that?” asked the boy as he stared at the immobile Troopers in awe.
    “No I did not,” replied Duncan. “But I suspect I know who did.”
    As if on cue Bow swung down from the trees with a big grin on his face. Bow was once a member of the Great Rebellion on Etheria but had come to Eternia along with She-Ra in the attempt to warn of the Horde’s coming attack. When Eternia fell, Bow was one of the first to gather a resistance force in order to fight back.
    “These magnazite arrows work wonders,” said Bow holding up one of his arrows for Duncan to see. “Did they manage to get a recording of you?”
    “I doubt it,” said Duncan. “I erected a damper long before they got here. Any recordings that they sent back to the Fright Zone will only be static.”
    Bow then noticed the boy still hiding behind Duncan.
    “And who’s this?” asked Bow.
    “This is,” began Duncan then he turned to the boy, “I’m sorry I forgot to get your name.”
    “It’s Danel.” The boy said, his eyes still fixed on the fallen Horde Troopers.
    Duncan turned back to Bow.
    This is Danel,” Duncan began again. “He was the one who those Troopers were after. All because he stole some food to feed his sick sister.”
    “I though those tin cans were bad back on Etheria,” sighed Bow. “But now they seem to be even more arrogant and petty.” Bow then realised who he was talking to and added, “I’m sorry no offence intended.”
    “None taken,” replied Duncan. “We all have our role to play if we are to drive Hordak off Eternia. That’s why I’m here, I have to see Glimmer.”
    “What do you want me to do with these things?” asked Bow nodding over to the three Horde Troopers.
    “Danel says that this area is haunted,” said Duncan, “So I say we keep the myth alive. Take those things and turn them in to scarecrows to warn off others from coming too close to Grayskull.”
    Bow then removed a small device from his belt and pointed it towards Grayskull. With a press of a button a hard-light bridge formed across the abyss and the Jawbridge slowly lowered to allow access to the castle. Duncan then turned to Danel and held out a hand.
    “Come with me,” he said, “We’ll get you some food and take you back to your sister.”
    Danel nodded and took Duncan’s hand and as Bow started to remove the Horde Troopers Danel followed Duncan across the hard-light bridge and in to the castle.
    My Fan-Fic projects:

Eternia: The Dark Years: Enter Eternia a world that has fallen to the hands of the Evil Horde.
    Coming Soon:Roots 2: Fear stalks Primus. (A NA sequel to Roots by Brimstone and Thew40)

My art (mostly MOTU related ) please feel free to comment.

This is good. You are a great writer.
    QUIS NOS OPEROR VITA REFERO INFINITIO: WHAT WE DO IN LIFE ECHOS IN ETERNITY

Sounds quite interesting.

I'd like to see how you will describe your "fallen hero".
    God's in his heaven - all's right with the world

MagicStealer
    I love it. I simply love it. You should think about archiving it with a website that specializes in dark He-Man fantasy - just a suggestion.

I hope this gets updated soon

Here's a short update, more to come:

Chapter 2

The interior of Castle Grayskull was ad dark reflection of the outside. The once mighty walls had either collapsed or were half standing, the roof of the main hall had fallen in destroying most of everything below. There was a huge hole in the west wall allowing a sliver of moonlight in, even the moonlight couldn’t penetrate deep in to the darkness and Duncan’s tiny palm light fared little better. But Duncan knew these ruins and had memorised them, so even without much light he knew he could find the way through.
    Duncan felt Danel’s grip tighten in his hand and turned to the young boy.
    “It’s Ok,” said Duncan in a soft voice. “It’s not as bad as it looks. Plus you are safe with me.”
    Danel looked up at Duncan and tried to put on a brave face.
    “Ok.” was all that Danel said.
    The pair carefully made their way through the ruins of Grayskull and soon came to a section of wall, Danel noticed that the section that they stood in front of was a lighter shade of green than the other stone that made up the rest of the castle. Danel turned to Duncan and was about to point out his observation when Duncan stepped up to the wall and placed his right hand on a large stone. Danel heard a small click then a whirring sound, the wall then slid to one side to reveal something totally out of place in the castle, a chrome metal panelled interior of an elevator. Puzzled at the sight Danel let Duncan lead the way in to the elevator, once inside the elevator Duncan once again placed his hand on a panel. Again Danel heard a click and the section of wall slid back in to place and the elevator began to descend
    Once the elevator had reached its destination another of wall slid open to reveal a cavernous room. The room that Danel and Duncan had arrived at was a contrast to the ones that they had passed through, while the on the surface the castle was a ruin shrouded in darkness, this room was lit up with a combination of old fashioned oil torches set in small alcoves and long florescent strips that ran along the high ceiling lighting up several work bays where people worked on vehicles. This room had been built by Duncan to be a vehicle bay for the Heroic Warriors more powerful assault craft, it was deep enough under Grayskull that it had survived the destruction of the castle above and had now been adapted to be the main base of operations for the rebellion of Eternia.
    As Duncan and Danel walked through the vehicle bay the men and women working on the various vehicles, most of them former members of the Royal Guard or the Eternos Law Enforcers turned their attention to them. Most nodded to Duncan, some even saluted their former Man-At-Arms but most refused to acknowledge Duncan’s presence, some of these were once Duncan’s friends. Instinctively Duncan’s hand reached for his right shoulder, his finger hovered over the button to deliver his painkillers when a distinctively friendly voice echoed through the vehicle bay.
    “MAN-AT-ARMS!!!!!!” shouted Orko as the Trollian flew across the bay and wrapped his arms tightly around Duncan’s neck.
    Duncan had to smile as he tried to pry Orko’s arms off his neck.
    “Its just Duncan now,” said Duncan holding Orko at arms length. “I haven’t been Man-At-Arms for a while.”
    My Fan-Fic projects:

Eternia: The Dark Years: Enter Eternia a world that has fallen to the hands of the Evil Horde.
    Coming Soon:Roots 2: Fear stalks Primus. (A NA sequel to Roots by Brimstone and Thew40)

This is really interesting. Please keep it up.

Duncan watched sadly as Orko’s eyes turned downwards in sadness.
    “But you will be returning to us once the Horde are gone?” Orko said in such a soft voice that Duncan almost didn’t hear it.
    Duncan was heartbroken, at times he failed to realise that the small magician was suffering as much, if not more than anyone else. Not only had Orko lost his best friend when Prince Adam leapt in to the transport beam after Skeletor that took them on a ship that carried them off world, but he also witnessed the fall of Eternia and the lost and betrayal of others that he was close to. One of them being Duncan himself.
    “We will see,” replied Duncan, “But at this moment I fear that will be a long time in coming. Until then you’ll have to be strong.”
    Orko looked up at Duncan with tear filled eyes and nodded.
    “In fact I believe you are just the person for a job I have.” Duncan added he then nodded to Danel at his side. “I want you to take care of Danel here. Get him some food and washed up, then find him a place to sleep for the night. In the morning I want you to take him back to his village with enough food and medicine for his sister.”
    Orko immediately perked up.
    “Will do Man-At-Arms!” said Orko giving Duncan a salute before taking Danel by the hand and leading him to the living quarters built in to the vehicle bay.
    “He is only saying what we’re all thinking,” came a voice from the other side of the room. Duncan turned to see Glimmer standing before him. “Your place is as Man-At-Arms. Not just another one of Hordak’s slaves.”
    “I’m not Hordak’s slave.” replied Duncan a bit more sharply than he had intended.
    Glimmer stepped up to Duncan and tapped a finger against the Horde insignia on his breastplate.
    “I beg to differ,” Glimmer said coldly, “While that thing is on your chest, you are a slave. You just won’t admit it.”
    Glimmer then turned and walked over to a metal workbench. Around the workbench stood several warriors, they were Snout Spout, Ram Man, Moss Man, Clamp Champ and a warrior Duncan would never have thought would be a member of the Heroic Rebellion Tri-Klops.
    “I am as loyal to this rebellion as any one gathered here,” Duncan said as he followed Glimmer to the workbench. “You know better than anyone else why I have to remain in the Fright Zone,”
    Glimmer span around and glared at Duncan. “It is not the Fright Zone,” she hissed. “It is the city of Eternos, the place where we lost She-Ra.”
    “I know what it was,” replied Duncan. “And do I need to remind you that I lost people there as well. I have remain there because I’m the only one who has a chance to locate the portal that Gwlidor and King Randor and Queen Marlena escaped through. Once that’s done I can get the Cosmic Key and bring He-man back to Eternia.”
    “If He-man cared about us he would never have left Eternia in the first place.” Tri-Klops said from his position at the workbench.
    “He left to stop your former master from spreading his evil to another planet,” Duncan snapped at Tri-Klop. Tri-Klops stepped back from the workbench as he felt the gaze of the other Heroic Warriors around him. Duncan returned his attention back to Glimmer. “I didn’t come to fight, I came to deliver this,” Duncan then reached down to his cybernetic leg, a small panel slid to one side to reveal a small compartment. Duncan then removed a small device and handed it over to Glimmer. “Hordak is planning an major offensive. That holopad has all the details.”
    Glimmer looked at the holopad then back up a Duncan.
    “I’m sorry I snapped at you,” began Glimmer but Duncan held up a hand to stop her.
    “There’s no need to apologize,” said Duncan. “We’re all under a lot of stress and some times it’s easy to forget that you’ve been through all of this before.”
    “Not all of it.” Glimmer replied softly and without thinking brushed the hair away from the left side of her face to expose the burn scar above her left eye.
    “Glimmer would you walk me out.” Duncan said not asking.
    The Moon was high in the sky as Duncan and Glimmer reached the Jawbridge of Grayskull. Before Duncan stepped on to the hard light bridge he turned back to Glimmer.
    “Are you sure that you are all right?” asked Duncan all thoughts of their argument gone. “I know what the Horde did to you.”
    “It’s nothing,” replied Glimmer. “I just wish Eternia didn’t have to suffer the way Etheria did for so long.”
    “It won’t,” said Duncan. “I promise everything will be put right and justice will be done.”
    Duncan then crossed the hard light bridge as Glimmer turned to go back in to Castle Grayskull. As soon as Duncan was on the other side of the abyss the hard light bridge switched off. Duncan then made his way in to Evergreen Forest to where Stridor waited for him. As Duncan rode away a shimmer of light appeared followed by a slight crackle of electricity, the shimmer was replaced with the cloaked form of Tuvar the bounty hunter.
    My Fan-Fic projects:

You are great at writing suspence. I am really digging the setup for this series. Don't wait too long to post again.

Thanks for the comments, I'll try to add more often.
    My Fan-Fic projects:

Here's another short update, Part 1 of Chapter 2:

Chapter 2

Glimmer felt rather than heard the hard-light bridge fade out of existence . As the darkness began to surround her Glimmer’s hands began to glow cutting through the shadows. As she made her way through the ruins of the castle Glimmer reflected on how much every thing was different on Eternia even though the situation was he same as she had lived through on Etheria.
    Glimmer didn’t head back to the elevator, instead she headed in the other direction to a small area in which she would go to be alone and gather he thoughts. Again her thoughts returned to how much in her life had changed, Glimmer had been born during the Horde’s occupation of Etheria so she knew little about peaceful times and what little times there was no fighting she was involved in training for when the Great Rebellion would strike against the Horde. When the Horde were finally driven from Etheria Glimmer still couldn’t enjoy the new found peace as she came to Eternia along with She-Ra and others only to be plunged in to the same situation she was in on Etheria, only this time she had no family and no way to return home. Even She-Ra was gone.
    Glimmer’s powers were also changing, on Etheria she was limited to generating bursts of light, on Eternia her powers were growing stronger, she no longer just generated light she could feel and control it. And it was getting stronger every day. It even helped her survive her ordeal with the Horde that had left her face scarred.
    Glimmer looked up at the area she was in, she had rarely visited Castle Grayskull before the fall of Eternia so she didn’t know exactly what the room was used for, all she knew was that the room had once been filled with spectacular works of art and statues. Most now had been damaged or destroyed, but there were a few that were still intact. Glimmer walked up to one picture, it was a painting of a woman dressed in a falcon headdress, much like the one she had seen the Sorceress of Grayskull wear, but her body was covered with a bronze and gold breastplate with the heroic crest of Grayskull emblazed on it, she was looking lovingly up at a man who was strikingly like He-man. Only this man was larger and more powerful looking, he wore a cape of furs over his huge shoulders and on his massive chest was the crest of Grayskull. Glimmer couldn’t tell why this painting had struck a cord with her so, she didn’t even know who these two people were. All she did know was that whenever she looked at the picture she felt hope like none other.
    “I have to admit the brushstrokes pretty impressive, but I don’t think much of the subject,” came a voice from behind Glimmer. Glimmer turned to see Bow standing before her. “I would look better with me in that picture.”
    Bow then struck a powerful pose and smiled. Glimmer couldn’t help herself and smiled back.
    “And what character would you replace,” said Glimmer. “The man? Or the Woman?”
    “Well I’ve always wondered what I’d looked like in a headdress and skirt,” replied Bow. “But this time I would have to say I’d have to take the place of the beefcake there.”
    The pair burst out in laughter, it had been a running joke between that two about Bow’s sexuality. Even though Bow preferred women, especially She-Ra, his good looks had on more than one occasion attracted the attention of males. Once they and finished laughing Bow motioned Glimmer to sit down on a fallen statue.
    “I see Duncan has just left,” said Bow turning the conversation back to a more serious tone. “What was he here for, besides bring that boy here for safety?”
    Glimmer looked at her hands and held them out palms up, slowly the glow moved through her hands and in to her fingertips, the glow then poured out of her fingers like liquid and formed an orb of light in the middle of the air. Bow watched as the orb of light floated upwards like a bubble and hung in the air casting its light over the pair.
    “You know I never get tired of watching you do that.” said Bow.
    My Fan-Fic projects:

Here's another small update for Chapter 2.

Glimmer looked up at bow and smiled, though the smile didn’t quite reach her eyes. Bow placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.
    “I know what you went through in the hands of the Horde,” began Bow but Glimmer cut him off.
    “Can we focus on the here and now?” replied Glimmer.
    Bow knew better that to push a subject that Glimmer had decided not to discuss. Bow knew most of the details about what had happened to Glimmer when she was captured by the Horde during the invasion of Eternia, and that it was Duncan who was instrumental in her escape, but Bow couldn’t help but feel that there had been a lot more to the situation that what Glimmer had told him.
    ‘I guess she’ll tell me when she’s ready.’ Bow thought with a sigh.
    “So are you going to tell me what Duncan brought?” asked Bow returning the original subject.
    “It was battle plans,” replied Glimmer standing up. “According to Duncan the Horde are in preparations to launch an attack in the morning. We’d best go down and check it out.”
    Glimmer then turned and headed back towards the elevator. A few seconds later Bow followed.

As Bow and Glimmer stepped off the elevator and in to the vehicle bay they found Tri-Klops had also returned to the bay and was in deep conservation with Snout Spout, Ram Man and Clamp Champ.
    Glimmer still found it odd that Tri-Klops had fitted so well with the Heroic Warriors of the Rebellion. For years the former Evil Warrior had worked for Skeletor in the attempt to overthrow King Randor and conquer Eternia, yet when Evil-Lyn eventually took command of the Evil Warriors in the aftermath of Skeletor’s departure and then with the Horde’s invasion of Eternia it was Tri-Klops who was amoung the first to side with the Rebellion.
    Though Glimmer rarely had any dealings with Tri-Klops while she fought the Horde on Etheria She-Ra would often relay tales of the of her brother’s adventures against the Evil Warriors. Glimmer was determined that neither Tri-Klops or any of his fellow Evil Warrior that had joined the Rebellion would fall back in to their old way, but at the moment it seemed that the threat of a common foe in the Horde had brought out a deeply hidden goodness in each of them and in Tri-Klops the most.
    As Glimmer and Bow stepped up to the work bench Tri-Klops stopped his conservation with Clamp Champ and turned his attention to Glimmer.
    “I’m sorry for my earlier outburst,” said Tri-Klops. “Now is not the time for petty grievances.”
    “We are all stressed,” replied Glimmer accepting Tri-Klops’ apology. Glimmer then picked up the holo-device that Duncan had delivered and pressed a button on its side.
    “Now let’s see what we have here.”
    A green beam of light shot out from the device and struck the centre of the work bench, the light then spread out across the surface of the bench forming a two dimension map, map then morphed upwards turning the map from two dimension in to a three dimension image of a village.
    “This is the Horde’s intended target. They are planning this attack for this morning, so we will have to act fast and be ready for the attack before first light. Glimmer explained as each warrior studied the holographic image.
    “That’s the Dinorep’s village,” Snout Spout said. “Why would the Horde have any interest with them?”
    My Fan-Fic projects:

Just to let those intrested know, this story is still active. I'll be posting chapter 2 part 2 and the first part of chapter 3 as soon as I have typed them up.
    My Fan-Fic projects:

that's great news.

Glad to hear it. I am very intrigued by the entire scenario of this series and would like to see it continued.

Sorry about the very late update

Chapter 2 part 2

“I don’t think it’s the Dinoreps that the Horde are interested in,” said Tri-Klops looking over to Glimmer to see if he had spoken out of turn. When Glimmer nodded Tri-Klops continued “It’s the tunnels that run under the village that the Horde will be interested in capturing.”
    “What tunnels are these?” asked Snout Spout. “I’ve never heard of any tunnels or caves under the Dinoreps village.”
    “I’m not surprised that you haven’t heard of them,” replied Tri-Klops. “They were discovered before you arrived on Eternia to join the Heroic Warriors.
    Not long after the fall of the Mystic Wall Skeletor discovered the tunnel system that ran under the Dinoreps village. More importantly he found out where these tunnels led to.”
    “And where did they lead to?” asked Bow.
    Tri-Klops tapped a control button on the side of his helmet. The green band that held Tri-Klops’ three electronic eyes rotated to the left and stopped on his blue lensed triangle shaped eye. The eye lit up and produced a blue beam of light. The beam shot out from Tri-Klops’ eye and spread out over the holographic image the Dinoreps village on the table. Tri-Kliops’ beam then began to form a second image only this time it was an image of the tunnel system that they were talking about.
    “Our research in to these tunnels led us to believe that they were mostly used for the Dinoreps to escape to if the village was ever attacked. All except for this one,” Tri-Klops tapped another control on his helmet and one of the tunnels changed from blue to a yellow colour. “This tunnel led a way from any of the others and looked like it was abandoned. It was then that we discovered that the tunnel led directly in to the Wiget mines.”
    “You mean that the Dinoreps had access to Coridite?” said a stunned Snout Spout, Coridite was known to be the most powerful of Eternia’s metals, it was rumoured that anyone who came in contact with the substance would be empowered with superhuman powers much like He-man had been. “And Skeletor knew about this? How come you never raided the mine?”
    “Simply put we never got the chance,” replied Tri-Klops. “He-man stopped us before we ever got close to the Dinoreps village. I don’t think He-man even knew why we were heading there. Skeletor ordered a retreat. We were going to try at a later date but the Horde arrived and made their presence permanent on Eternia, which so happens to be on the boarders of the village. Skeltetor felt that another attempt would have been unwise as it would have alerted Hordak to the means of accessing the Coridite.”
    “Why couldn’t Hordak just go and attack the Wigets directly and raid the mines there? Why need this tunnel?” asked Bow. “From what I’ve heard the Wigets are just like the twiggets back home. They’re a feisty lot but if the Horde attacked with a large force that would be no match for them.”
    “No doubt that they would if given the chance,” Moss Man said. “But my people have found a way to camouflage the Wiget’s fortress from the Horde’s sensors. Plus I have posted guards around the fortress just in case any Horde patrol accidentally stumbles across it.”
    “At any rate the Horde have indeed found out about the Coridite and the tunnels access to it.” said Glimmer “Can you imagine a squadron of Horde Troopers reinforced with Coridite armour?” No one dare think about the possibility. “We will have to hit them as hard as we can. We’ll either drive the Horde away from the Dinoreps and secure the tunnels or we destroy the tunnel that leads to the Wiget’s mines.
    “We’ll split in to three groups. I will take one group and come at the village from the north. Tri-Klops you and Snout Spout will take a group each and flank the village.”
    “What do you want me to do?” asked Ram Man who had been silent throughout the entire meeting.
    “You will be our muscle,” said Glimmer. “You will be taking on the Horde head on.”
    “Me against a squad of rust buckets?” said Ram Man rubbing his hand s in delight. “I say bring them on.”
    “Whoa hold on big guy,” said Glimmer placing a hand on the big man’s chest. “You’ll have plenty of chances to destroy Troopers but I have other plans for you first.”
    Ram Man looked down at Glimmer, his expression changing.
    “I ain’t sitting on the sidelines,” grumbled Ram Man folding his huge arms across his massive chest. “I owe the Horde too much for that.”
    “You’ll get your chance,” said Glimmer. “But first you have the most important job of all. The Horde will be expecting our presence at the Dinoreps village, even if they don’t know that we have their battle plans. You are that presence. Once the Horde attacks you are to back off while we launch our attacks. If for whatever reason we end up losing this battle you are to ensure that the villagers are safely hidden in their tunnels, you are then going to collapse the entrances to ensure that the Horde can not get to the Wiget mines.”
    “I don’t know,” said Ram Man. “It still sounds like I’m backing out of the fight. Besides how am I supposed to collapse all those tunnels by myself. I’m good but I ain’t that good.”
    “You don’t have to worry about that,” said Glimmer reaching for her communicator. “We have back-up prepared for you. Kar’Los are you there?”

Several floors below in one of the larger repair bays of the castle Kar’Los was working underneath a Dragon Walker when his communicator buzzed for his attention. Kar’Los tried to ignore it but the buzzing persisted to a point where it began to get on his nerves. Pushing himself out from under the Dragon Walker Kar’Los got up and grabbed his communicator.
    “Where on Eternia have you been!” demanded Glimmer before Kar’Los could speak.
    “I’ve been working on upgrading the armour of the Dragon Walkers,” replied Kar’Los. “Why do you ask?”
    “Is the Tank Top battle armour ready?” said Glimmer getting straight to the point.
    Kar’Los looked around the repair bay at the huge battle armour that had created and once worn by the former captain of the Eternos Law Enforcers. Kar’Los had been tasked with altering the Tank Top armour to fit Ram Man’s massive frame.
    “I have some final touches to finish off and then it will be ready.”
    “Not good enough,” replied Glimmer. “We need that armour ready before we leave for the Dinoreps village. You have a couple of hours. Get to it.”
    Last edited by Brimstone; October 7, 2006 at 04:48pm.
    My Fan-Fic projects:

Excellent. I am really liking this story.

Thanks again Rhoman06 hopefully I won't have any troubles with Chapter 3.
    My Fan-Fic projects:

After a long wait here is the first part of Chapter 3

Eternia: The Dark Years
    Chapter 3

Man-At-Arms could feel the heat from the flames even through the armour of his battle suit. Man-At-Arms pressed a control on his wrist and activated the Heads Up Display on his visor. The details that flashed passed his eyes told him that his battle armour was working well within the safety limit he had designed. Man-At-Arms then checked the coolant levels, while there was plenty in the tanks he knew that if he stayed too long in the heat it would rapidly dissipate, then he would be slowly roasted alive in his armour.
    As he slowly made his way over the debris strewn corridor of the council chambers of Adoron he noticed that the roaring of the inferno around him did drown out the sound of the battle that was raging outside. A battle that sadly they were on the losing end. The corridor suddenly shook as the council chambers were struck by a bombardment from outside. Dust and debris came crashing down from the ceiling momentary blocking Man-At-Arms’ view. Man-At-Arms waited as the dust cloud cleared enough for him to continue his slow trek out of the council chambers.
    As Man-At-Arms turned one corner he found the way had been blocked by a collapsed wall. Cursing silently to himself Man-At-Arms called up a map on his HUD to show any other route. Choosing the best and fastest route Man-At-Arms returned back the way he had come and turned right. The council chambers were once again struck from the outside, more debris fell and Man-At-Arms had to shield himself from harm. Once the debris had stopped falling Man-At-Arms continued to make his way out of the council chambers. Man-At-Arms turned another corner and found a dead end.
    I’ve taken a blasted wrong turn, he though as he once again called up the map. The display flickered on his visor but the map did not show. Man-At-Arms tapped more controls on his wrist to call up other displays, none would function. He slapped the side of his helmet in order to try to get the display to work. The display flickered briefly then faded out.
    “Damn!” hissed Man-At-Arms as he ran a check on his armour’s other systems. “I don’t have time for this.”
    Man-At-Arms waited impatiently as the battle armour computer ran a diagnostic on its systems. All around him fire raged and the battle outside continued. The computer finally signalled the end of the diagnostic, he read the read out, most of the defensive systems and life support were active but half of the display programs were offline effected by something in the dust that had fallen from the last attack. Unfortunately the map had been one of those programs that had been effected. As Man-At-Arms was about to turn around and head back the way he had just come when he spotted something metallic buried behind some debris that had fallen from the ceiling. As he stepped close the audio receivers built in to his helmet picked up a noise over the sound of battle all around him.
    The sound was full of static but Man-At-Arms could make out enough to realise that there was someone on the other side of the metallic object.
    “HELP ME!!! Please!!!”
    Spurred in to action by the pleas for help Man-At-Arms raced over to the debris. After using his weapons arm’s built in fire extinguisher to douse the flames that were burning on the debris Man-At-Arms began to remove the debris. Behind the debris was a metal door, the fire had burnt off any thing to identify what the room behind the door was used for but Man-At-Arm guessed that it was possibly a utility closet. It was then that he realised that the sounds from behind the door had gone silent. Man-At-Arms raised his right arm and checked the data console on his wrist. Thankfully the lifesign scanner hadn’t been effected by the dust that had effected his other systems. The display flashed up on his HUD to show him that there was one person in the room and that their lifesign was fading rapidly. Realising that he would have to work fast Man-At-Arms switched the fire extinguisher to blaster, after turning the blaster beam emitter to its finest beam he fired at the hinges of the door. The hinges melted under the beams intense heat. Once he cut through the last of the hinges the blaster retracted back in to the armour of his weapons arm. Man-At-Arms then removed his battle mace from its place on his belt, pressing a button on the hilt the mace expanded in length the head of the mace then opened an a large axe blade folded in to position. Man-At-Arms then swung the mace and drove the axe blade deep in to the surface of the door. Using all his strength Man-At-Arms pulled the door open. The room behind was completely dark with the only light coming from the corridor.
    “Its okay,” called out Man-At-Arms more to reassure himself more than the person inside the room. “I’m hear to help.”
    Man-At-Arms slowly stepped in to the room when everything around him suddenly erupted in to flames. A second later Man-At-Arms was thrown through the air as a second explosion went off behind him, Man-At-Arms landed face first in the room, his faceplate shattering as it struck the hard floor. Man-At-Arms’ eyes began to instantly water as the smoke and dust stung his eyes and he started to cough violently as the heat of the fire and the smoke invaded his lungs. Man-At-Arms started to push himself to his feet when a third explosion rocked the council chambers. The ceiling above Man-At-Arms came crashing down burying him in debris.
    Slowly Man-At-Arms dug himself out of the debris, once again Man-At-Arms tried to get to his feet. Suddenly Man-At-Arms cried out in pain. Searing pain shot through Man-At-Arms’ body and he felt his left leg starting to go numb. Man-At-Arms tried to ignore the pain from his leg, lungs and the stinging of eyes. With tears streaming down his face Man-At-Arms suddenly spotted something that caused him to forget the pain he was going through. Just a few feet away from Man-At-Arms was a hand sticking out from under another section of fallen debris. Man-At-Arms tried to shift his weight enough so that he could manoeuvre himself in to a better position without causing any more damage to his trapped leg. Slowly he inched himself to one side to catch a glimpse of the face that belonged to the hand. The sight almost knocked what remaining breath that he had in his lungs. Staring at Man-At-Arms with wide pleading eyes was a face that looked almost like Teela’s when she was only sixteen.
    Desperate to rescue the trapped girl Man-At-Arms ignored the screaming pain from his leg Man-At-Arms pulled himself closer to the trapped girl. Suddenly the ground began to tremble and heavy feet stomped their way through the corridors of the council chambers and they were getting closer. Man-At-Arms ignored the approaching footsteps and focused on the girl, reaching out with his hand his fingertips brushed against the girls just as a huge metal hand clamed down on his wrist.
    Man-At-Arms cried out in pain as his wrist was crushed by piston-like fingers. Slowly Man-At-Arms’ gaze turned to his attacker, the blood drained from his face and all the pain in his body was forgotten as he saw a face he recognized.
    “It can’t be?!” gasped Man-At-Arms his voice was hoarse due to the heat and the smoke he had inhaled. “Not you!”
    There came no reply and Man-At-Arms felt himself being pulled from under the debris, his arm felt like it was being torn from its socket, pain ripped through his body as his damaged leg was pulled apart. But Man-At-Arms tried to ignore the pain as his gaze returned to the girl he had so desperately tried to save. The girl who looked so much like Man-At-Arms’ adopted daughter Teela stared at him, her eyes wide in terror pleading for him not to leave her trapped, but he was helpless as he was pulled from the debris.
    “NO! NO! NO! Noooooooooooo!!!!”

“NO!” Duncan sat upright in his bed, the bed clothes were soaked with his sweat, Duncan raised his human hand to his forehead and wiped away the perspiration there.
    The dream was the same every night and it haunted him every day. Duncan swung his legs off the bed and prepared to get up when a stabbing pain shot through his right shoulder, instinctively he reached over with his left hand and hit the button built in to his right shoulder that administered a painkiller in to his system. When he felt the pain subside he slowly flexed his cybernetic arm.
    Duncan slowly got up and made his way over to the bathroom of his quarters. When Hordak and his Evil Horde had conquered Eternia Hordak had taken the royal palace of Eternos as his new power base and transformed it in to the new Fright Zone. In a fit of cruelty Hordak had used the guest quarters that Duncan used when he stayed at the palace as the former Man-At-Arms prison cell. Duncan’s quarters had been stripped bare leaving only a bed, a desk with a monitor and his bath room, there was none of the inventions that Duncan had spent his free time perfecting to be seen.
    Duncan stared at his reflection in the mirror for a couple long minuets and wondered how far he had fallen from grace. Duncan ran the water tap and splashed some water on his face. The door to his quarters suddenly opened and two Doom Troopers entered the room.
    The Doom Troopers had been a leftover from Skeletor’s forces, created from both organic and cybernetic parts they had been the front line of Skeletor’s army. Effectively they Skeletor’s versions of the Horde’s Horde Troopers.
    The two Troopers turned their black armoured heads towards the bathroom.
    “Hordak demands your presence.” snapped the first Trooper.
    Duncan sighed and stepped from the bathroom. Everyday was the same, he would wake from his terrible nightmare drenched in sweat, his cybernetic arm would always cause him tremendous amount of pain and these two Doom Troopers would always come to escort him to Hordak’s throne room.
    “Alright I’m coming!!” Duncan snapped back. “Unless the ‘mighty’ Hordak wants to see me in my underwear I suggest you allow me to get dressed.”
    The two Troopers just stared at Duncan.
    My Fan-Fic projects:

Wow, interesting post. It was very dramatic. I am really curious to see where it goes.

As Eternia’s sun slowly rose over the Dark Hemisphere Glimmer and her troops slowly made their way through the morning mist towards the Dinoreps village. The ground was still thick with the morning fog and the mists that rose from the marsh that lay before the village.
    “I knew I shouldn’t have worn these boots,” Glimmer heard Bow complain as they stepped in to the marsh. “I’m going to have get new ones now.”
    “Oh stop complaining,” replied Glimmer. “Do you realise that you sound such a ponse when you complain.”
    “But these were one of a kind Etherian leather,” returned Bow with a slight laugh in his voice. “Do you know how hard it’ll be getting replacements?”
    “We’ll be home soon enough,” said Glimmer. “Until then you’ll just have to suffer like the rest of us.”
    “I don’t know what all the fuss is about,” said Moss Man as he waded through the marsh water letting his root-like toes soak up as much of the water as possible. “I’m surprised that being this close to the Fright Zone that there is very little pollutants in the soil.”
    “Well at least one of us is happy to be here.” muttered Bow which received a scornful look from Glimmer.
    “All right cut the chatter we’re here,” commanded Glimmer. “Moss Man you are on look out. I don’t want any Trooper getting behind us.”
    “You don’t have to worry about that,” replied Moss Man. Bow watched as Moss Man’s body began to take on the appearance of a bramble-thorn bush. “Once I’m finished no one will be able to get past unless I let them.”
    Moss Man’s spiky form then extended in to thousands of vine-like strands, these strands then attached themselves to the nearest trees. To Bow it seemed that the space between the trees had grown a lot closer and it wasn’t because of the vines of bramble-thorn that had tangled themselves around them. The sight of the trees moving by themselves reminded Bow of the way the Whispering Woods back on Etheria would move to defend themselves from danger.
    “Ok we’re in position,” said Glimmer bringing the group to a stop. “Everyone find cover, I don’t want to be seen until its time to strike.” the group then broke up and began to find shelter weather it was behind a bush or a tree, some even submerged themselves in the marsh water leaving only Bow and Glimmer.
    “You too Bow,” said Glimmer. Before Bow could protest Glimmer held up a hand to silence him. “I’ll be with you as soon as I’ve checked that the others are in position.” Bow seemed to accept Glimmer’s words and turned and climbed up the nearest tree and took up a position within its branches. Glimmer then tapped the communicator pinned to her collar. “Report.”
    “Tri-Klops here,” came Tri-Klops’s voice over Glimmer’s communicator. “My group is set up and ready for the signal.”
    “As is mine,” said Snout Spout.
    “Good,” said Glimmer. “Ram Man, how are things in the village? Did you have any problems evacuating it?”
    “No problem at all,” replied Ram Man. “In fact they were only too pleased to go. Now all I got to do is wait for those tin can to come calling.”
    “If the battle plans that Duncan gave us are right you shouldn’t be waiting for long.” said Glimmer, she then went to find a position to hide to wait for the coming battle.
    My Fan-Fic projects:

I'm glad to see another post. I really like this story thus far.

Duncan walked through the corridors of the former royal palace of Eternos in silence. Not because he had nothing to say in fact it was the opposite, he would love nothing more to yell and curse at the two Doom Troopers who were escorting him to see Hordak over the disgust he felt at what the Horde were turning the royal palace in to. The parts of the palace that hadn’t been destroyed in the fall of Eternia were slowly being replaced to match the dull black and red metal panels that was the norm for Horde architecture. As Duncan entered the corridor that led to the former royal throne room but now was Hordak’s command centre he passed the large windows that overlooked the courtyard. In the courtyard proudly sat the remains of a Batmex, this Batmex was the pride of Hordak’s fleet as it was the Batmex that had crashed in to the royal palace and seemingly killed She-Ra. Though no body had been found Hordak had claimed that it was the truth.
    Duncan could remember the day as if it was yesterday:

With the defeat of the Snakemen Eternia was entering a time of peace, King Randor had called the Heroic Warriors to the royal palace. The first to arrive were Man-At-Arms and Teela followed soon after by Gwildor. As King Randor greeted the Heroic Warriors a portal opened up in front of them. Immediately going on the defensive Man-At-Arms and Teela prepared for an attack. Out of the portal stepped She-Ra and some of her fellow members of the Great Rebellion. She-Ra had informed them that the Horde had abandoned their occupation of Etheria after learning of He-man’s and Skeletor’s departure from Eternia. Hordak’s new mission was to conquer Eternia and they were there to warn them about the attack. However the warning came too late as at that moment the sky above the palace was full of attacking Batmex. The city’s defences went to automatic but proved useless in the face of the overwhelming forces of the Horde. One lucky shot struck an attacking Batmex and as it hurtled to the ground its pilot steered the craft towards the palace. The Batmex struck the throne room bringing most of the room down and seemingly killing She-Ra, though no body was ever found. Man-At-Arms had Gwildor use his Cosmic Key to transport the King and Queen as far away from the invasion as possible.

“Come on,” snapped one of the Doom Troopers bringing Duncan out of his memory. “Hordak won’t wait all day.”
    Duncan turned away from the window and the Batmex in the court yard and headed towards the doors to the throne room. Like most of the repairs made to the royal palace the large double doors that led to the throne room were made of same thick black metal and built in the design fitting the Horde. Duncan stopped at the doors and took a couple deep breaths, even though he had been summoned to this room many times over the years he still needed a few moments to steel himself before entering and facing Hordak. This time was no different. Before the Doom Troopers could shove him through the doors Duncan pushed them open and stepped in to the throne room.
    My Fan-Fic projects:

Wow, interesting back story. I hope more is coming.

Great installment. Keep on writing!