153 75.74%
  • Finalized Moss Man

49 24.26%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SDCC Moss Man vs Finalized Moss Man

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

SDCC Moss Man vs Finalized Moss Man

"What is best in life?"

SDCC Moss Man: "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair."

Finalized Moss Man: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!"

Last edited by MegaGearMax; January 5, 2010 at 02:24pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

You did not make the poll available.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Quote Originally Posted by He-Ryno View Post
    You did not make the poll available.
    It's up. The actual thread comes up before the poll.

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

The final version is just awful.

WORD! Sorry....I am too quick on that it seems.

I chose SDCC MossMan....even though I really don't care. It does look better though.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

SDCC version definitely. This final version looks awful.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I voted for SDCC, but I want to explain why. First off, I love both versions and applaud Mattel for listening to the fans and flocking him as much as possible without limiting articulation. They worked really hard on that.

SDCC: the colours and flocking was perfect. I much prefer all these colours to the final version. Brighter colours for MossMan is important. It shows life, vitality...in a word nature.

Final Version: I DO really like his flocking and his longer loincloth. The colours, however, are way too dull/dark though. Dark green is swampy, dead leaves, etc. Even his vine sash, weapon and all the browns and yellows are too dark.

Maybe Mattel can re-issue the SDCC one later on with the lighter colours, more MYP-ish. They basically are 80's figure (the final version) vs. 200X look (the SDCC one).

By the way, I wonder if they glued him so his ab-crunch doesn't move...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Hey MegaGear, your poll is not showing on the main (2008-??) forum page. I got to it from the (Moss man final images) thread.

I like the SDCC version best. The thin flocking adds a texture that isn't overpowering the sculpt. You can see MM's musculature through the flock.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBad View Post
    Hey MegaGear, your poll is not showing on the main (2008-??) forum page. I got to it from the (Moss man final images) thread.
    It has to be bumped with constant posts. There are two other Moss Man polls active right now.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; January 5, 2010 at 03:09pm.

SDCC without any doubt... and hope they make an unflocked variant to display instead of this Grizzlor's cousin.

The only thing I like about this new "final" (gosh, I hope that's truly not the case) version, is the longer loin cloth. That ties in more with the 200x version. Otherwise, it sucks goose eggs somethin' fierce.

Heroic Warrior
    SDCC version looks much better. The second version is too dark and too hairy. But that's just my opinion.
    Xbox Gamer tag: Darkbanshe
    Wish list: New Adventures toys loose or carded toys, SDCC color change orko, Masters of the universe magazines, grayskull stands, weapons pack one, 200x battle cat and panthor, vintage castle grayskull, snake moutain, and vintage vehicles.

You know why we all dislike the newer one more than the proto?

Because the MYP Moss Man was more humanized than the vintage one... he was not savage at all... and this newer version looks savage. It's not that it's bad - just different.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I'm throwing my vote to the SDCC version, I prefer the type of flocking they used on that figure and the shorter loin cloth.

Moss Man kind of looks hairy instead of flocked in the finalized version.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

I like the finalized version better, although they both look good.

The more moss the better for me, I'm glad they were able to flock him as much as they did!!

Final Version.... they almost got it.
    Layout of Partial Flock - Impressive
    Longer Furry Shorts - Dig it! Looks more like Tree Bark.
    Darker Colors - Welcome change, there is no neon found in nature.
    Overall this figure would be awesome except....
    Covering the Ears - Flocking Wha?!?!
    Flocking Material used - A Flocking Travesty.

I voted SDCC version for only 2 reasons.
    Uncover the Ears and use the same stuff that was on the Proto we saw @ SDCC and Matty my boy, you've got yourself a winner.
    Up, Up, & Away!
    The Amazing Brian-Man of SpyMonkey Creations Inc.
    President & Founder of the Plundor Appreciation League

Mattel has GOT to scale back the flock to the way it was at SDCC. I strongly dis-like the new head. I mean...did they look at the other version before the flocked over his ears?

Please Mattel...scale it back a notch on the new head!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Oh man, this thing is sooo UGLY. Every time I look at him he gets more uglier than before. Now everyone is complaining about the ears but what about that weired shoulder flocking?? so disgusting and so cheap!

What happened?? SDCC all the way..

Maybe a #1 guard on my clippers might do the trick.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    I hope they don't sell him with the ears covered like in that pic. It looks like it was a mistake made by the factory. Is it to late to change that? If it is, I think they should pack a "fixed" head with another figure down the road.

I really want an unflocked Moss-Man variant now...
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

I like the finalized version better! The SDCC one looks like a toy, as they all should, but this final version really looks like moss! Somehow the final version just pops more than the SDCC one.

I guess I'll sum it up this way: The SDCC one is how I expected him to look, and why I wasn't really looking forward to him, but the final version is much more impressive and goes above and beyond! I wasn't all that find of him, but now I am!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I think the flocking or "moss" looks fine. It's the long hula skirt on him that I don't like.
    "The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real."
    -Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I will NEVER buy a subscription!

The SDCC version was perfect, was flocked but you could still make out all of the details.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I like the SDCC Moss Man, the final version needs a haircut.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I like the SDCC version best. The thin flocking adds a texture that isn't overpowering the sculpt. You can see MM's musculature through the flock.
    I agree with you MegaGear. You see, we are twinkies.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg