Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Filmation Sub Discussion

Hybrid View

Heroic Warrior

Filmation Sub Discussion

I searched and didn't find an existing forum on this subject.

So who do you think we will see?

Col. Blast
    Darkney
    Dree Elle
    Evilseed
    Fang Man
    Filmation Hordak
    Filmation Horde Captain Adora
    Garth
    General Sunder
    General Tataran
    Goat Man
    Granita
    Hawke
    Hunga
    Huntara
    Imp
    King Ahgo
    King Miro
    King Tamusk
    Kittrina
    Koldarr
    Lizard Man
    Lodar
    Loki?
    Lord Masque
    Madam Razz & Broom
    Melaktha
    Melog
    Monteeg
    Plundar
    Red Knight
    Scorpia
    Scurvy
    Sea Hawk
    Skeletor's Robot Knights/Hover Robots
    Strong Arm
    Sunder
    Uncle Montork
    Vultak
    Zilora
    Last edited by toofastone; February 10, 2013 at 07:09pm.

Heroic Warrior
    So, it currently includes Icer, Batros and Shokoti. That's half the slots already taken.

And did Toyguru state that it would include "good guys" and "bad guys" from BOTH Filmation He-Man and Filmation She-Ra?

If so, we would need one more slot for a "good guy" from Filmation He-Man, although I have no idea who that could be. The remaining two slots would be a "good guy" from Filmation She-Ra, perhaps Sea Hawk? And a "bad guy" from Filmation She-Ra, perhaps Scorpia?

Then again, there is meant to be one major surprise. So, unless Chef Allen ends up in there as the "good guy" from He-Man, the major surprise could perhaps be Madame Razz?

I really wish they'd just announce all six characters!

Heroic Warrior
    Do we really need Filmation He-Man and Skeletor variants or would you be happy with new heads and sword of power?

Quote Originally Posted by toofastone View Post
    Do we really need Filmation He-Man and Skeletor variants or would you be happy with new heads and sword of power?
    I 'd prefer new figures. They can use the existing Classics body, but with different heads, weapons, loincloths, harnesses, and paint schemes.

I disagree with Scott Neitlich's opinion that the only way to do them is in a maquette style. Hasbro put out some excellent cartoon versions of Star Wars and GI Joe figures using existing parts. I think more cartoon-accurate He-Man & Skeletor figures would totally work in the Classics style, and be worth doing.

Quote Originally Posted by toofastone View Post
    I don't think anyone wants a Filmation He-Man than I do, and I'd be fine with just the heads. And a Mer-Man one for sure!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Strong Arm
    Seahawk
    Lord Masque

Count it!

I want miro but they can make him cause he did appear in the MYP cartoon so then it's lizard man Strongarm and then malaktha.

What do you folks think will become of the Jetlag characters? Will they potentially be in a 2014 Filmation sub, in the main sub or not be on Mattel's radar at all?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I'm all for a six figure Filmation sub this year and a six figure Filmation sub next year, but I won't be happy with an additional twelve month Filmation sub next year - too expensive for me!!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

I could see Jetlag getting smooshed in somewhere. Really it's just Crita & Sebrian. Since Mara was a prototype. A slim outside chance for Drissi, Grot, Grr & Clobber. Caz, the scientists & the robots have a Icer's chance in Granamyr's lair.

Dylamug, Razz & Lizard Man.

I'd be happy with just about anyone, but my next 20 would be...

Sunder, King Ahgo, Strong Arm, Masque, Darkney, Sea Hawk, Scurvy, Garth, Huntara, Melaktha, Hunga, Scorpia, Col. Blast, Tataran, Granita, Red Knight, Koldarr, Monteeg, Hawke & King Tamusk....now ask me tomorrow, & I bet 6 change
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    Strong Arm
    Seahawk
    Lord Masque

Count it!
    Those are my exact guesses too! Scorpia will probably be in the main subscription, as will Lizard Man. I don't understand Storm Arm either, but people love him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    What do you folks think will become of the Jetlag characters? Will they potentially be in a 2014 Filmation sub, in the main sub or not be on Mattel's radar at all?
    I think all the other NA stuff is pretty low on their radar, with the exception of Hydron (who I think we will see in October slot this year).
    Last edited by Kowl; February 10, 2013 at 08:29pm.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    Strong Arm
    Seahawk
    Lord Masque

Count it!
    Yeah that's my thoughts too.
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

Best news of TF for me. Hopefully the good General will see light somewhere in the Filmation line.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Heroic Warrior
    Scott said they're one-off type characters, so I'd be surprised if Scorpia is one of them as I expect her to be in the main line, not the Filmation sub.

Scott also said there are no variants, they are new characters, so no Filmation style Hordak, etc.

My guess is that one of the POP one is Huntara, she is one-off, highly wanted by POP Filmation fans, and ranked high on polls. If Huntara isn't part of the Filmation sub then I doubt we'd ever get her.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Strong Arm
    Seahawk
    Lord Masque

Count it!
    Exactimundo!!! This is almost certain! The mask that was shown is a HUGE giveaway for Lord Masque....
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    So, it currently includes Icer, Batros and Shokoti. That's half the slots already taken.

And did Toyguru state that it would include "good guys" and "bad guys" from BOTH Filmation He-Man and Filmation She-Ra?

If so, we would need one more slot for a "good guy" from Filmation He-Man, although I have no idea who that could be. The remaining two slots would be a "good guy" from Filmation She-Ra, perhaps Sea Hawk? And a "bad guy" from Filmation She-Ra, perhaps Scorpia?

Then again, there is meant to be one major surprise. So, unless Chef Allen ends up in there as the "good guy" from He-Man, the major surprise could perhaps be Madame Razz?

I really wish they'd just announce all six characters!
    So from what we know its 6 figures, 3 are already annouced, all motu villians, so we can except, to see some filmation pop heros. If i based it just off that I would except for sure SeaHawk is a total shoe in, POP hero, easy to make. Now I dont know where TG said that it needs to be a basic figure or easy to make , any one have info on that, please send it to me.
    so, again, i want to reference this news article
    http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=2252
    according to this the possibilities are
    Imp
    Lizardman
    Masque
    Madame Razz and broom
    Scorpia
    Strongarm

and according to the trademarks
    Dymulug

SO i am expecting Seahawk
    Lizardman
    and Dymalug

If this sub had been offered back when the figures were $20 each and shipping was less I would go for it. I certainly would rather have Filmation figures than several of the 200X, POP, NA, concept, etc. figures I have. But at this point, these figures cost more than I am willing to pay for most of them. If Shokoti gets good reviews then I'll at least pick her up.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

The wildcard Filmation character that ToyGuru refers to will be the rumored Nepthu from the episode "The Temple of the Sun." The white crossbow that was seen will belong to the one remaining Filmation character left in 2013 in the main sub. That character will be Dylamug. Dylamug was seen in the POP series episodes "Duel at Devlan" and "Shades of Orko."

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    The wildcard Filmation character that ToyGuru refers to will be the rumored Nepthu from the episode "The Temple of the Sun." The white crossbow that was seen will belong to the one remaining Filmation character left in 2013 in the main sub. That character will be Dylamug. Dylamug was seen in the POP series episodes "Duel at Devlan" and "Shades of Orko."
    So certain, are you.

The wild card is totes Crackers the Clown.

This is a smart move and a separate sub was totally necessary , unfortunately I have a very short list of must-have filmation characters and among them there are : huntara, scorpia, octavia, sea hawk, imp, red knight at least

my only concern at this time of the line is to get ALL VINTAGE (TOY) characters from the past lines, 200x characters like calix or pravhus are interesting too
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

According to the Filmation Sub discription they'll be 'MAIN' characters as well as supporting

http://www.clubs.mattycollector.com/...ctID.273148800

Do you think the next 3 slots will be filled with 'MAIN' characters as these first 3 seem more of a support figure.

Suggestion Bonus item for Filmation subscribers: Grayskull mirror/portal

The regular sub has a bonus figure, and for hard-core Filmation fans that mirror is about as important as most characters! I would LOVE it if they did this, and would happily pay for it.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Plundar, Scorpia, and Lizard Man

2013: Lizard Man, Lord Masque and Sea Hawk

2014: Strongarm, Evilseed, Tataran, Huntara, Madam Razz/Broom and Granita.

Sub 2014 Exclusive: Scorpia

But Madam Razz could be in a pack with Kowl and Loo-Kee and Evilseed could be the MYP version()