Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Filmation Sub Discussion

Starting with the second series release (approximately August), your Club Filmation order will ship with any other subscription orders you currently have.

That SUCKS! I have to pay for NA He-Man, Clamp Champ AND separate international shipping for Batros.... it's not like they don't have enough time to sort this out so that everything ships together from the very start... !!!!!!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Man, I really want a Plundor! Could he actually be in the sub? Either way, I bought mine...
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    no Cornboy said the white Crossbow belongs to a figure. everyone thought it would be in the upcoming weapons pack but Cornboy says no. so I guess we find out at SDCC on that.

As for the Filmation add on sub, I think it's just going to be like the 30th anniversary add on sub you just order it and thats it. Icer is production already not a Horsemen sculpt. I think Mattel just knows this sub will do well with the fan demand for this type of sub and it's only 6 figures so they are taking a slight risk. If it's like the 30th anniversary sub there won't even be subsctiption fee, you just order it and they tack it on to your 2013 Club Eternia.
    The Icer I saw in the vids and pics was still the prototype.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

This or any other Filmation sub should not be full of one shot characters....it should be only repeated / regular characters (Scorpia / Madame Razz / SeaHawk / Robot Knights / Widgets) or REALLY different ones - (CLAWFUL / Evil Lyn).

These one off Filmation are as bad as the concept or "new" figures they put in the regular line...(Vikor / Demo Man / etc.) The first post has a list of every one liner in the cartoons - they aren't going to sell and will take space away from the ones people will buy!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

I'm glad the have a sub series since many feared they would steal core slots! Bring them on!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

[QUOTE=csc0709;3205500]I'm sorry, but Kowl and Madame Razz are not niche characters. They were seen in nearly every episode of She-Ra. They are, in terms of importance, on the same level as Scorpia and Shadow Weaver.

- - - Updated - - -

I say "niche" in terms of desirability by the silent majority of MOTUC collectors. If you're not a POP fan, you're not going want them. I would also argue that more "action type" POP characters are preferred by the silent majority of MOTUC collectors.

Scott just made a post at the Matty Collector forums that "at least one" of the Filmation characters will be from the POP series. He also confirmed that the odd Filmation character will still show up in the main sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Scott just made a post at the Matty Collector forums that "at least one" of the Filmation characters will be from the POP series. He also confirmed that the odd Filmation character will still show up in the main sub.
    Well then, that could confirm the one I heard was going to be made next being a POP Filmation figure, if so, I'm even more leaning towards the sub. Because if it's the one I heard of, then I certainly want that figure as well. I'm not much for Shokoti, but I'll take her if she's included in something, and she is the sub, so, if the one is confirmed I heard of, then it's 4 for 4 on the sub for me....hopefully the other 2 won't be duds like Plundar, unless he is awesomely furred up like Beast Man and Carnivus. Which could be done and still be Filmation in appearance, but even then, Pink? I mean if he was blue, I wouldn't mind so much, but if the pink is properly shaded it could help.

I want Clawful and Hordak dammit. I hope they can still show up in the main sub or something.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; February 11, 2013 at 04:04pm.
    Coming.... Mermista
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    My guess are Sea Hawk a/o Huntara !

A Fimation character as a regular Club Eternia could be Lizard Man or Scorpia. But I think one of them will be the 2014 sub exclusive....

Maybe that means Plundar is in the main sub then! Anyway, I'm locked in. I'm very glad to finally have these one off characters. I know there are a few people that don't like the idea...but the answer is don't buy them. Mattel obviously feels there is a market for them, there have been a ton of polls on the org demanding them, and now we're getting them! Couldn't be more excited.

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I'm glad these aren't part of the regular sub. The first three figs in this hold close to zero interest for me, and I'll likely just try to get an Icer day of because I like the design. I'm really happy for the Filmation fans, but I'm glad that I don't have to get these in the sub I already have.

Scorpia
    Strongarm
    Sea Hawk

and... Dylamug as my alternate. Technically I'd like all 4, but I realize that logistics demand I pay attention to the last three remaining slots.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    This --^ The scored paint on his left pectoral being a dead giveaway. And oddly enough, no black plastic underneath.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    Personally I think th subs complete crap, and this is from a filmation fan. I just don't see why they have to separate them from the main sub it's low. And will these guy get a day if sale or will be be the same bs of early access.

But seeing as how I have never bought a sub and is a cherry picker( dun dun dunnnnnnnn) I guess I can't complain.
    OK. A few things.

First, early access only applies to non-sub items. These are sub items, and will NOT be available for early access. That said, they are giving Early Access to those who do sub even for this mini-sub. So far it's only been reissues, and most of us aren't paying the separate shipping to even use it, it around SDCC time (it's been confirmed they will be included) it will be a nice perk.

I'm it sure why you find it "low" to separate them. It also isn't excluding them from the main line - we will still see Filmation there. The truth is, they were pretty much wasting the Flmation license. Two, maybe three figs a year is a waste of the license. And if they had gone along like that, we likely would never get some of these characters made. Period.

Subbing costs nothing up front, and you save a couple bucks when they ship. Plus you get early access to other stuff on top of it. If you want Filmation figures, then it's kind of a no-brained.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=snakeeyes0217;3206666]
    Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    I'm sorry, but Kowl and Madame Razz are not niche characters. They were seen in nearly every episode of She-Ra. They are, in terms of importance, on the same level as Scorpia and Shadow Weaver.

- - - Updated - - -

I say "niche" in terms of desirability by the silent majority of MOTUC collectors. If you're not a POP fan, you're not going want them. I would also argue that more "action type" POP characters are preferred by the silent majority of MOTUC collectors.
    And let me guess, you are the spokesperson for this supposed "silent majority"?

I think the "silent majority" likes pretty much everything. Most kids I knew enjoyed both shows - we weren't aware until we went to the toy aisle and the PoP figures were next to the Barbie section that there was a gender difference. And thankfully, the poor design of those original PoP toys is dropped here and they all are accurate to the show tens of millions loved.

But neither of us speaks for the "silent majority" - and if they cared enough, they wouldn't be silent. And if they don't care enough, they "deserve" whatever figures they get if they don't speak up or contribute to polls, etc. And Razz/Broom are always fixtures in the top 10 "unmade" figures polls - hardly a niche, especially since they appeared in nearly 100 episodes of content.

Scott said there is at least 1 She-ra filmation Hero when asked in ask matty so I would guess Seahawk for that. since the first three were villains were the next three going to be all heros? I know I would love to see strongarm sooner rather than later, but I'm trying to think of Filmation heros from both He-Man & she-ra cartoons and i'm drawing a blank at the moment.

Scott said there is at least 1 She-ra filmation Hero when asked in ask matty so I would guess Seahawk for that. since the first three were villains were the next three going to be all heros? I know I would love to see strongarm sooner rather than later, but I'm trying to think of Filmation heros from both He-Man & she-ra cartoons and i'm drawing a blank at the moment.
    One shot heroes who would sell quite well:-
    Huntara
    Kittrina
    Kol-darr
    Melaktha
    Vulcan
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Toyguru wouldn't pose the Horsemans paintmaster in the snow outside so I still say Icer is production like an early sample.

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    One shot heroes who would sell quite well:-
    Huntara
    Kittrina
    Kol-darr
    Melaktha
    Vulcan
    Lizard-Man, Madame Razz, and any of the Great Rebellion girls can fit the bill too. I don't believe that it will be only one-off characters.

Toyguru wouldn't pose the Horsemans paintmaster in the snow outside so I still say Icer is production like an early sample.
    I'm sure the Horsemen make more than just one, especially with Scott's record of dropping and breaking things. The one displayed was not a production sample, it still had the tiny pins in the joints, a production sample would have the regular pins in the joints. And if they had a production sample, it would be displayed instead of a paintmaster.
    Coming.... Mermista
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

lord masque
    strong arm
    general tataran

my top 3 wants.
    bnl4life

Hey I think this has already been answered but I just wanted to clarify:
    If I don't buy into the filmation sub do I still have a chance to score Shokoti the day of? No early access for her even though I have the regular Club Eternia? Do I have a good shot at getting her without the Filmation sub? Sorry but this has been on my mind since the reveals.

The tag line of this sub on Matty is "Rarely seen but fan demanded". Madame Razz is anything but rarely seen, isn't she in every PoP episode? I'm far from an expert on PoP but I think she'll be in the regular sub.

How often was Sea Hawk in the show? Five or six episodes? I'd like to get him as a figure.

You gotta have Masque if you have Shokoti.

I think False Face would make a cool dark horse character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayota View Post
    Hey I think this has already been answered but I just wanted to clarify:
    If I don't buy into the filmation sub do I still have a chance to score Shokoti the day of? No early access for her even though I have the regular Club Eternia? Do I have a good shot at getting her without the Filmation sub? Sorry but this has been on my mind since the reveals.
    Yeah, they will all be for sale "day of".

Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    Lizard-Man, Madame Razz, and any of the Great Rebellion girls can fit the bill too. I don't believe that it will be only one-off characters.
    This sub is ONLY for characters from Filmation that didn't have a toy before so Angella, Glimmer, Kowl, Loo-Kee won't be in there. Also Scott said there will be NO Filmation Variants so NO Hordak, Mer-Man, Clawful.

Now the remaining three spaces do have some heroes and at least one She-Ra character. Also in the panels Q&A Scott revealed one of the 2 remaining spots in the main line is a Filmation character.

Also it was said the teased at white crossbow has not been revealed but belongs to a character that is coming and it's not the Troopers or in a weapons pack. Also Toy Guru stated before theres at least one MYP character in 2013.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Since it looks like mostly one-off characters and relatively easy tools, I'm going with Strong Arm, Huntara and Evilseed/Plundor.

I really like this idea. Of course I have to echo Lord Masque, Lizard Man, Tartaran, Nepthu. I'd also have to throw Anghast's name out there.

The Sand/Rock Beast, the Ogre from "The Starchild" episode and Dragoon would be great choices for Gygor-sized beasts.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.