Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Filmation Sub Discussion

Lizard Man and General Tataran showed up in a couple of Filmation episodes each other - the same number of Filmation episodes than Man-e-Faces e even more than Roboto or Jitsu as well...

But I know MEF, Roboto and Jitsu are all "main characters" and the other two are not...but what about Montork and Dree-Elle ? Can we consiser both as main characters ?

Well, there's not doubt that Sea Hawk, Madame Razz/Broom and Scorpia are all main characters. So, probably they will be released in regular Club Eternia subscription.

My list of 15 (3 in 2013 and 12 in 2014) non-main Filmation characters:

-- Strongarm
    -- Lord Masque
    -- Evilseed
    -- Lizard Man
    -- General Tataran
    -- Granita
    -- Huntara
    -- Vultak
    -- Kuduk Ungol
    -- King Ahgo
    -- Scurvy
    -- Hawke
    -- Hungra the harpy
    -- Kittrina
    -- Col. Blast

i got the filmation sub email confirmation but ever since i cant log into my matty my subscription page to look at my subs (i got the regular one too. is any1 else having that problem?

Server Error

Error:
    We are currently unable to perform the selected action. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. We have been notified and are already working to correct this issue as quickly as possible. Please click your browser's back button and try this action at a later time, or take a different action.
    Error Number: SYS_000001
    Last edited by manic mailman; February 13, 2013 at 11:01am.

The My sub page could be jacked due to the subs shipping, and DR being such inept brain children to update thing efficiently and quickly....it should be back up soon.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    The My sub page could be jacked due to the subs shipping, and DR being such inept brain children to update thing efficiently and quickly....it should be back up soon.
    that makes sense (ha!)

Will Big Bad Toystore be offering a Filmation sub?

Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    I completely agree with this commment. Why oh why, with three months notice are they not able to combine orders for this sub from day 1???

The recent polls and comments about the line showed that the ridiculous shipping costs are the main reason people are annoyed and leaving the line yet Matty expect people to have to shell out additional shipping costs on figures largely due to their incompetence?

As always they expect the customer to foot the bill.....
    Exactly, why dont they ship a $0 invoice in June, so that the future shipments may be combined. If their system is so fouled up, then find a way to get around its logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I'm sure they will soon.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I hope so, they are my "sub."

They've picked up the Infinite and Black Freighter clubs, and the Eternia club for this year (they are charging more more for the big guns to cushion the lower sales of the less popular figures, but with their pile of loot feature vs. Matty's obscene and erratic shipping, I pretty much come out even. Plus, I get customer service that doesn't feel like joining Superman in the neverending battle). I'm pretty sure they'll carry the Filmation figures, but the prices might be a little higher if they're unsure of the sales potential. But, again, the shipping savings (and saving potential phone bills from a dozen calls to Matty) may balance it out in the end.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Exactly, why dont they ship a $0 invoice in June, so that the future shipments may be combined. If their system is so fouled up, then find a way to get around its logic.
    Because Digital river can't count below $10. They need their bribe to allow the combined shipping by gouging us for one month.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    I believe the final three figures of the subscription will be:

- Plundor
    - Vultak
    - Huntara

Those three check off some appropriate boxes: "Unexpected character" (Plundor); Scott has mentioned he wants to get Plundor out before the line ends. Vultak is Horde, who are immensely popular, and his wings will probably be sculpted so they can be shared with Queen Angella. Huntara is from one of the most memorable episodes of She-Ra; she was hired by the Horde and was meant to return in a sequel episode that was never made; she satisfies the requirement of being from POP since the mini-sub mentions both MOTU and POP. All 3 are characters who've appeared in 1-2 episodes, which was stated to be a reason behind the character selection. All three require minimal tooling, or very little new tooling.

Why not (X?)

- Strong Arm - probably saved as a 2nd Filmation sub lure
    - Lizard Man - requires new tooling
    - Madame Razz - requires new tooling
    - Scorpia - saved for the 2014 sub.
    - Sea Hawk - probably saved for the main line; had several appearances
    - Gen. Sunder - if not part of a Horde Trooper pack, will be saved for later
    - Dylamug - requires new tooling
    - Lord Masque - will probably be saved for a 2nd Filmation sub
    - Kittrina - probably saved as a 2nd Filmation sub lure
    - Granita - requires new tooling
    - Gleedil - not sure if popular enough for a sub
    - Red Knight - not sure if popular enough for a sub
    - Hawke/Delora - probably saved as a 2nd Filmation sub lure
    - King Ahgo - oversized
    - Hordak, Clawful - count as variants, which are not covered by the Filmation mini-sub

and so on, so forth. Anyway, that's my reasoning. *shrug*
    These were pretty much my first thoughts also - and it would make me happy PLUNDOR!!
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    The wild card is totes Crackers the Clown.
    Can we start a new "rally cry"? Like the "No Rio, We Riot" people?

"Yes Crackers, We Riot!"

I love that we are getting a Filmation sub, however I do feel that they have cheapened out on the accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    I love that we are getting a Filmation sub, however I do feel that they have cheapened out on the accessories.
    You mean like Netossa? Yet NA He-Man, he gets 2 heads, 2 armors, and still 2 regular accessories. How is that fair? It's not really. There's some of the tooling budget taken from other figures like Netossa.

And I guess the Filmation series lost the at least 2 accessories premise.... Batros only has a Mace, at least at his reveal, his wings are attached, so they're not accessories....Shokoti also gets one....oh wait, she has a cape, since now they apparently count as accessories.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    OK. A few things.

First, early access only applies to non-sub items. These are sub items, and will NOT be available for early access. That said, they are giving Early Access to those who do sub even for this mini-sub. So far it's only been reissues, and most of us aren't paying the separate shipping to even use it, it around SDCC time (it's been confirmed they will be included) it will be a nice perk.

I'm it sure why you find it "low" to separate them. It also isn't excluding them from the main line - we will still see Filmation there. The truth is, they were pretty much wasting the Flmation license. Two, maybe three figs a year is a waste of the license. And if they had gone along like that, we likely would never get some of these characters made. Period.

Subbing costs nothing up front, and you save a couple bucks when they ship. Plus you get early access to other stuff on top of it. If you want Filmation figures, then it's kind of a no-brained.

you say early access applies to non sub items so can you please explain to me why next months sub figure fang man will now not be available for DOS, due to early access sell out.

Club Eternia® Subscriber-only Figures

MOTUC: Fang Man™ (monthly figure, included with Club Eternia® subscriptions – not sold 3/15 at MattyCollector.com)
    MOTUC: King He-Man™ & Sub-ternia™ Map (exclusive club items – included with 2013 Club Eternia® subscriptions)

When the subscriptions went on sale last year, we mentioned that some figures would not be sold on the day of the monthly sale, and that’s the case with Fang Man™. He will only be shipped to subscribers of Club Eternia®. This month also brings the King He-Man™ figure, arriving with the Sub-ternia™ Map. These exclusive items ship only to subscribers of Club Eternia®, one of the many advantages of club subscriptions!
    I find it low because once again they have flip flopped on earlier things announced. its again another sub on characters that we were told would be in the main line. I will agree that the 2 to 3 figs a year would be considered a waste but in a line which was on its knees only a few months ago i find it funny that they can now create a $300 playset and then another sub for one off characters

you say the sub saves me money and costs nothing upfront. ok but what about the fact that being an international fan I get stuck with ridiculous shipping and custom charges( which i give is not totally mattys fault but it is digital rivers who are employed by matty) after the fact that the order of the sub can change at the drop of a hat, matty can take the money from my account when ever they please, double or triple charge me( which has happened to many people here) where as on day of sale i can willingly take my chances and buy and pay what i want not what i'm forced to.

i love this property and will admit from the start i said i would not be purchasing the entire line but with what i have and how often i have been ****** around by matty and its other elements (£60 for customs on a battlecat, because some muppet from DR wrote the wrong thing on the box) let alone having other fans sending me personal e-mail because of a photograph i took back in 2004 that i posted on my private tumblr telling me my views are not welcome, are detrimental to the line, i should not be allowed to come back to this site which i have been a member of for over 10 years and that they hope my family will die horribly in a fire you can under why i'm a little bitter with the entire MOTUC business
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    you say early access applies to non sub items so can you please explain to me why next months sub figure fang man will now not be available for DOS, due to early access sell out.
    They're not making him available for DOS, period. It has nothing to do with early access. How can he already be sold out via early access, when his early access day wouldn't happen until 3/14? The bottom line is, Mattel has decided not to offer him at all -- either via early access or day-of -- he's only going to subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    They're not making him available for DOS, period. It has nothing to do with early access. How can he already be sold out via early access, when his early access day wouldn't happen until 3/14? The bottom line is, Mattel has decided not to offer him at all -- either via early access or day-of -- he's only going to subscribers.
    ok that i hold my hands up then the toy sites i seen the story on claimed he was gone due to early access for subscribers
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness

Seeing as I just purchased this sub yesterday and have next to no interest in the first three I'm really hoping for Strong Arm, Sea Hawk, and Scorpia. But knowing Mattel I will likely end up with three more characters I don't care about.

At this point I don't really care though. They're all cool figs to me. Even those dirty little buggers from the 30th anniversary sub.
    Kittens are delicious!

I hope Shakoti does get something - With her hands being sculpted as they are - If not they should of given her two open 'casting' hands with her being a caster etc

You mean like Netossa? Yet NA He-Man, he gets 2 heads, 2 armors, and still 2 regular accessories. How is that fair? It's not really. There's some of the tooling budget taken from other figures like Netossa.

And I guess the Filmation series lost the at least 2 accessories premise.... Batros only has a Mace, at least at his reveal, his wings are attached, so they're not accessories....Shokoti also gets one....oh wait, she has a cape, since now they apparently count as accessories.

I can't believe they want $14.10 to ship one figure via UPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I can't believe they want $14.10 to ship one figure via UPS.
    Its not totally ridiculous, UPS and FEDEX both increased the cost on packages under 70lbs by almost 10% (UPS rounds up not down, so a 1.4 MOTUC will be billed at a 2lb weight)

I mean yeah $14 is a little high but its not like it costs $6 to send the figure normally, we are paying a $2-4 handling charge in essence.

USPS is just as bad after their 1/27 price hike, it now will cost an average of $9-12 if you want it Priority Mail or $8-10 for Parcel Select. So again a small handling fee is being charged I think
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I find it low because once again they have flip flopped on earlier things announced. its again another sub on characters that we were told would be in the main line. I will agree that the 2 to 3 figs a year would be considered a waste but in a line which was on its knees only a few months ago i find it funny that they can now create a $300 playset and then another sub for one off characters

you say the sub saves me money and costs nothing upfront. ok but what about the fact that being an international fan I get stuck with ridiculous shipping and custom charges( which i give is not totally mattys fault but it is digital rivers who are employed by matty) after the fact that the order of the sub can change at the drop of a hat, matty can take the money from my account when ever they please, double or triple charge me( which has happened to many people here) where as on day of sale i can willingly take my chances and buy and pay what i want not what i'm forced to.

i love this property and will admit from the start i said i would not be purchasing the entire line but with what i have and how often i have been ****** around by matty and its other elements (£60 for customs on a battlecat, because some muppet from DR wrote the wrong thing on the box) let alone having other fans sending me personal e-mail because of a photograph i took back in 2004 that i posted on my private tumblr telling me my views are not welcome, are detrimental to the line, i should not be allowed to come back to this site which i have been a member of for over 10 years and that they hope my family will die horribly in a fire you can under why i'm a little bitter with the entire MOTUC business
    Next months DOS / Early Access hasn't even happened yet, so how can Fang Man have sold out through EA? EA only takes place a day before that particular months DOS.

Damn Spector really is good to have pulled that one off.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Next months DOS / Early Access hasn't even happened yet, so how can Fang Man have sold out through EA? EA only takes place a day before that particular months DOS.

Damn Spector really is good to have pulled that one off.
    i already apologised for that and said the sites i heard the the news from claimed it was from early access. literally 4 posts above yours

Batros and Icer are on BBTS for those wondering if they would be offering them....

- - - Updated - - -

i already apologised for that and said the sites i heard the the news from claimed it was from early access. literally 4 posts above yours
    I was basically not referring to you, but more to the sites that had that info....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

The Shokoti pre-order on BBTS has already sold out. Weirdly, the price started out the same as Batros and Icer, $39.99, but it went up to $45.99. Bit of a jump. I didn't think BBTS were like this usually?

The Shokoti pre-order on BBTS has already sold out. Weirdly, the price started out the same as Batros and Icer, $39.99, but it went up to $45.99. Bit of a jump. I didn't think BBTS were like this usually?
    They've done it before, last year Sorceress went from $31.99 to a higher price. Shadow Weaver went from $60 to $75. I think they have a set price on some figures, and when they're close to selling out, the price is set to jump. For one, I kind of get it, they sit on a lot of figures, a lot of the time....I mean they still have original stock of SMAA....and Star Sisters. They do it to offset the figures that don't sell, hence why Ram-Man & Jitsu are more than Fang Man & Netossa.

- - - Updated - - -

I just picked up Shokoti on PO, from them....I know I subbed, but I always like to have a back up, plus I may want an extra Batros and Icer, so I can keep a set MOSC. I PO'd Ram-Man just to guarantee I got him way back....I just cancelled yesterday. Like I said, I know I subbed, but **** can happen with DR, like a few subs got cancelled on people this month, I want to be sure I'm guaranteed my figs one way or another....

I was totally prepared to let my sub fall through if it got cancelled and just pay the extra for what few figures I wanted, and keep the Filmation sub.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor