Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Filmation Sub Discussion

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    There's a part of me that really wants Plundor, but I can see him being a very divisive character in the fandom since he's, um, a big, pink bunny-rabbit man with muscles. I can't help it though. "The imp of the perverse" makes me want him! Still, I can already hear the cries of outrage if they make him.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

And because Plundor is so awesome and evil those cries will be as sweet as a baby's laughter.

More Plundor, I say!
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

I think Plundor absolutely belongs in a Filmation subline, just not Club Eternia. He is a bizarre character and would not be universally popular, but I would expect him in a 2014 subline once some of the more demanded characters have been done.

Really excited for this Filmation sub. And I do hope it continues. I really think TG should rethink about not giving us variants. This could be our only chance for a Filmation He-Man....& now that they've given NA heman the capability to hold the power sword aloft. This would be a great add on to this figure.
    Variants I'd like include: He-Man,Hordak,Teela,Clawful....come on TG
    I do understand why they've made this move. Obviously to get more characters out & get more people on board to sub up. Here's to hoping. Fingers crossed.....

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Am I the o my one who doesn't get the big deal about Strongarm? He looks like a kit bash, or Cy-Chops ugly brother!

Anyway, my choice

Madame Razz
    am i the only one who doesn't get the big deal about madame razz.. i hate her an orko / dree-elle lame made up rip off by the same creators, go figure.. oh deary my

i want lord maske, strong arm, lizard man, scorpia, dree-elle with yuckers, evilseed, dark dream with the bats, catra's cat form, i would not mind kowl, queen elmora, filmation clawful with the horn of evil,
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Of the three figure shown....I have no idea who any of them are.... easy pass for me.

Heroic Warrior
    The filmation sub went through! But it seems that the numbers are not so exciting antil now!

Question:
    "2013 is by far the best year motuc has seen, we have ram man, mantenna, castle grayskull and now a filmation sub! After last summers doom and gloom with low sub sales can you give us an update on how the filmation sub is selling?"

Answer from Toyguru:
    "It is doing very well but is significantly down from the 30th sub which was also down from the main sub. We are going to go forward with the 6 figure series for 2013 but at the current rate of subs can't commit to anything beyond the 6 for now."

3 of the 6 figures in the 30th sub ended up being highly scruntized figures, so I wouldn't doubt if some of that wore off the the Filmation sub, since the back three most likely won't be as good as the three announced.

Eh, if there is to be no separate Filmation sub line in 2014, at least I'm getting my two most-wanted from the cartoon in 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by king.of.grayskull View Post
    Answer from Toyguru:
    "It is doing very well but is significantly down from the 30th sub which was also down from the main sub. We are going to go forward with the 6 figure series for 2013 but at the current rate of subs can't commit to anything beyond the 6 for now."

Praying for that huge last moment surge of sales.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

We still have a week for the sale.

I'm just thrilled we're getting Batros. He was my most wanted Filmation figure. I believe other big Filmation characters; such as, Madame Razz, Strong-Arm, Scorpia, Lizard-man, Seahawk, etc. would do fine in the Club Eternia sub.

Heroic Warrior
    Well it is going through either way, and I'm sure it is doing just fine.

I tell ya though, they've got to come to terms with the fact that people simply like to cherry pick and they will do fine business if they just accept that fact.

I am actually kind of surprised that this sub IS going through without any "scare tactics!" It's kind of refreshing... LOL!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I am actually kind of surprised that this sub IS going through without any "scare tactics!" It's kind of refreshing... LOL!
    I'd say this (the highlighted text):

Answer from Toyguru:
    qualifies as scare tactics (sure, not on the "Sub up or the line dies!" scale, but still).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Pretty nifty, this sub.

As to Plundor...I'd actually be thrilled if he was in it. He's one of my most-wanted Filmation characters, along with the others we've seen, Masque, Lizard Man, Stribg Arm, Razz, Broom, Catra's panther form, Melaktha, Sea Hawk, Light Hope (somehow), Kittrina, Sunder, Red Knight...lots.

What I don't want and see no place for in my collection is Filmation variants of characters we already have or had access to. I don't want cartoon He-Man, Skeletor, Mer-Man, Teela...none of them. If they were ever made, I could be fine becoming a non-completist.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Pretty nifty, this sub.

As to Plundor...I'd actually be thrilled if he was in it. He's one of my most-wanted Filmation characters, along with the others we've seen, Masque, Lizard Man, Stribg Arm, Razz, Broom, Catra's panther form, Melaktha, Sea Hawk, Light Hope (somehow), Kittrina, Sunder, Red Knight...lots.

What I don't want and see no place for in my collection is Filmation variants of characters we already have or had access to. I don't want cartoon He-Man, Skeletor, Mer-Man, Teela...none of them. If they were ever made, I could be fine becoming a non-completist.
    So a Filmation Hordak or Evil Lyn doesn't entice you? Not even a little?

I'm sorry but at this point in the game I don't want any variants either. If the line were ever to end, they could always do exclusives of big name variants for conventions. Right now for me it's all about getting unique characters that we never had access to before.

Heroic Warrior
    There are certain characters that I want Filmation styles of, but I don't want them in the Filmation sub. I'm not sure how they'd do a Filmation He-Man, but I'd definitely take a Filmation Skeletor head, a Filmation Mer-Man, Evil Lyn, Trap Jaw, Clawful, Hordak...it'd be a cool little subset. The Filmation figures we're getting are going to be mixed in with the regular figures for me. If any variants are made, they'll get their own little sub-section. Maybe I'm in the minority on this.

A Filmation-accurate (including head) Hordak is a must, IMO.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    next years FILMATION sub-exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I'm sorry, if they cheap out and make him just a blue Classics Hordak, I will not buy that, my custom is almost accurate as far as the no canon arm Hordak goes, I made an attachment that mimics the canon, but I like it as it is, and if Mattel were to make him, and he looks nothing like the Filmation version....my custom will become my official version, as it pretty much is now.

And if it is accurate when/if he comes out, then he will likely stay MOSC and my custom will stand in for him in my collection....same when/if they get to Dragstor.

I have my Filmation MAA already as a custom, but I know they'd likely not make him anyway.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

^ I couldn't agree with you guys more. A blue repaint of Hordak would be totally unacceptable - he absolutely needs a new, smaller, whiter, more angular head to be accurate to his Filmation/Norem poster appearance, which is by far his most iconic look and the version I've wanted for nearly 30 years. Lately, little hints have been shown that this is their intention - his appearance in the iOS video game and those plush toys have all reflected that look instead of his vintage look, so I definitely think this 'toon/poster variant is in the works...

Well, I'll say this...if they are considering NOT having the Filmation sub continue in 2014 and 2015, then they better use those remaining three slots on highly demanded Filmation characters. And, quite honestly, there are many more characters wanted before Plundor or Nepthu; rumored to be on the horizon.

Scorpia, Madame Razz and Broom, Masque, Lizard Man, Strong Arm, Seahawk, Hunga the Harpy, Granita, Huntara, Dee-Elle and Uncle Montork, Imp, the Robot Knights...all more demanded than those characters.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Well, I'll say this...if they are considering NOT having the Filmation sub continue in 2014 and 2015, then they better use those remaining three slots on highly demanded Filmation characters. And, quite honestly, there are many more characters wanted before Plundor or Nepthu; rumored to be on the horizon.

Scorpia, Madame Razz and Broom, Masque, Lizard Man, Strong Arm, Seahawk, Hunga the Harpy, Granita, Huntara, Dee-Elle and Uncle Montork, Imp, the Robot Knights...all more demanded than those characters.
    I for one am just happy we got a Filmation Sub at all and would go further to say that many of those highly demanded figures will be better suited in the main sub. Characters like Plundor and even Nepthu are perfect for an off shoot sub for die hard Filmation fans rather than the more mainstream staples you have listed like Scorpia and Seahawk, Madame Razz (who really should be SDCC), ect. As far as what they "better" release......Figures with no more major QC issues is all I really expect from them at this point. Maybe I'm a little biased as Plundor has been my number one MOTU Filmation want for a very long time (Imp is my Number One PoP want btw) but whatever. I also think that this mini sub would be a good outlet for your namesake as well. Obscure one off's that wouldn't probably be high priority in the main sub is what the last three figures really should be.