Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Filmation Sub Discussion

If you Purchase 2 Filmation subs in 2 different transactions, will they will ship those separate the first month?
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I'm actually considering a second sub, so I can open a set....but that first month will kill me....$60 for the main sub....then $37 for the Filmation sub, and another $37 because I didn't order both in the same transaction....It's a stupid ass excuse they can't combine all subs right off. I can't justify the $120+ that month, plus whatever the SDCC figure may be....

If you Purchase 2 subs in 2 different transactions, they will ship those separate the first month and not together correct?

I know it will ship separate of the main sub the first month.
    THat is the case regardless of when you purchased the subs. Last year there was a big to-do because folks who subbed were assured that any subs bought in the same transaction would ship together from the first month the subs came up together. Turns out DR cannot do that (and Mattel claimed they always said all subs would ship together starting with the second month until someone pointed out the still active page on the website stating otherwise in writing). So there has been a history of confusion on the matter. As ti stands now, all subs should be able to ship together as of the second month if you chose that option on the sub page. Apparently, though, there is a choice of "never ship together" for the benefit of international folks who don't want to get hit with big customs fees, and that's caused some problems this year for some folks as it's apparently irreversible and for some seems to have become the default even though they never chose it.

Shipping with Matty; more fun than a boy should be allowed to have!
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior

DR service strikes again

Ok so I ordered two subs. I changed my mind and decided I wanted to order a few more, five or six. I called DR and spoke to a very nice lady who actually spoke English but said I can't cancel my preorder to place a new one. Oh well.
    Successful Transactions with: Jeff_R
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by DarrkKnight View Post
    Ok so I ordered two subs. I changed my mind and decided I wanted to order a few more, five or six. I called DR and spoke to a very nice lady who actually spoke English but said I can't cancel my preorder to place a new one. Oh well.
    The fact that DR can't do simple things is astonishing to me....e-tail sites have had a cancel feature built in for years now, if not, calling gets the orders cancelled, so long as they have not begun order processing to ship....and last I checked, anything you attempt to cancel moments after placing has not begun to ship yet, and in the case of these subs....they will not even begin shipping until July....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Does the my subscriptions page show the Filmation subs yet?

I just spoke with a Matty rep and she was happy and thankful that I told them about the "My Subscriptions" page and the E-mail that went out yesterday to the Filmation sub holders?

Really? They don't even know about thier own page / services?
    Last edited by CanadaClassics; February 27, 2013 at 01:06pm.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    The fact that DR can't do simple things is astonishing to me....e-tail sites have had a cancel feature built in for years now, if not, calling gets the orders cancelled, so long as they have not begun order processing to ship....and last I checked, anything you attempt to cancel moments after placing has not begun to ship yet, and in the case of these subs....they will not even begin shipping until July....
    Except where explicitly stated in the agreement you sign by placing your order that says once you place the order, you cannot cancel.

There's no "Yeah, but" reasoning that should exempt you from being locked into the subscription you agreed to be locked into.
    NO RED BEAST? WE TURN BEAT RED!

My MOTU Classics Wishlist:
    Filmation - LIZARD MAN, Kittrina, Vultak, Zilora, Ileena
    Space Mutants - CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    MYP - VEENA, Evilseed, Prahvus
    Concept - RED BEAST

Was there ever a problem with the whole "sub figures are showing up in my cart" thing? I remember Ram Man and Jitsu were showing up in people's carts last month when trying to order the Filmation sub, and now that I'm trying to place my own order, I see that Doctor Manhattan is in my cart.

If I remove him, will it screw up my sub? Or is it just a weird glitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    Except where explicitly stated in the agreement you sign by placing your order that says once you place the order, you cannot cancel.

There's no "Yeah, but" reasoning that should exempt you from being locked into the subscription you agreed to be locked into.
    Um, not talking about subs completely, you can't even cancel simple orders that ave been placed minutes after you place them, yet other sites allow you full ability to so long as they haven't begun to ship. And if you call to cancel a sub and place a new order for multiples, that should be something they can do, so long as you agree to repurchase the sub in the same transaction.... And there are "Yeah, but" reasons to legitimately cancel, especially if you made a mistake, but so long as you agree to repurchase right there once it's corrected.

But I suppose it's OK for DR to cancel subs on people themselves for stupid reasons, like I don't know....computer error, and ineptitude?

Or how about people recently trying to order the Filmation sub and it not going through, and they have to either try again or call them, to assure they don't get charged twice?
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post

And heaven forbid they cancel two subs so they can sell five or six instead! Do some folks even read the original posts before lambasting the poster?

He wasn't backing out of the sub agreement, he wanted to add to it, basically replace a smaller order with a larger one, which should have been a matter of changing a field in the database. A bigger sale is something any sensible business would, I think, welcome. But we wouldn't want to talk about sensible with Matty, now would we?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman