Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Filmation Sub Discussion

Bring on Hawke, Sea Hawk, Skeletor's Robot Knights/Hover Robots, Scorpia, or any other battle worthy characters!

For the most part, I'm not a fan of Filmation characters or designs but I like the look of Shokoti and I don't mind the other two for parts. But I'm really leery of purchasing this sub because I'm concerned the second half will be composed of characters along the lines of Madam Razz and Cowl. Those are really niche characters and I can't imagine I'll be able to get back what I pay for them. I really hope they reveal more about the identity of the additional 3 figures before the order deadline or I may have to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    Strong Arm
    Seahawk
    Lord Masque

Count it!
    Those are my exact guesses too! Scorpia will probably be in the main subscription, as will Lizard Man. I don't understand Storm Arm either, but people love him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    What do you folks think will become of the Jetlag characters? Will they potentially be in a 2014 Filmation sub, in the main sub or not be on Mattel's radar at all?
    I think all the other NA stuff is pretty low on their radar, with the exception of Hydron (who I think we will see in October slot this year).
    Last edited by Kowl; February 10, 2013 at 08:29pm.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

My personal faves would be Madame Razz w/ Broom, Dylamug, Scorpia, Sea Hawk and Huntara. Tooling wise, Razz and Dylamug would be very costly, unless they use a similar technique in making Dylamug like they did Slush Head, maybe use Trap Jaw's buck and mechanical arms? Razz can be a sdcc exclusive as it has its own tooling budget and can have Kowl and Broom as accessories.

I see the next three for the Filmation sub being:

Lizard Man (a 4H favorite and Heroic Warrior, re-use of reptile/snake men parts),
    Sea Hawk (a GR member, an easy re-use of parts ie. Dekker's boots),
    Vultak (a Horde member. wings can be shared with Angella and an easy re-use of parts)

These make a diverse subscription for Filmation as it encompasses all factions.

Scorpia should be in a regular sub slot for this or next year.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Am I the o my one who doesn't get the big deal about Strongarm? He looks like a kit bash, or Cy-Chops ugly brother!

Anyway, my choices

Madame Razz
    Sea Hawk
    General Tataran
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post

Absolutely wright!!

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    For the most part, I'm not a fan of Filmation characters or designs but I like the look of Shokoti and I don't mind the other two for parts. But I'm really leery of purchasing this sub because I'm concerned the second half will be composed of characters along the lines of Madam Razz and Cowl. Those are really niche characters and I can't imagine I'll be able to get back what I pay for them. I really hope they reveal more about the identity of the additional 3 figures before the order deadline or I may have to pass.
    I'm sorry, but Kowl and Madame Razz are not niche characters. They were seen in nearly every episode of She-Ra. They are, in terms of importance, on the same level as Scorpia and Shadow Weaver.

- - - Updated - - -

I strongly disagree. If there is going to be a 12 slot Filmation sub, and we can't revisit characters like Hordak and Clawful, then Scorpia and all Filmation characters should be out of the main sub and in the Filmation sub.

I'm really hoping they do give us Dylamug, as well as Plundor. I know Scott said no variants in the Filmation sub, but I'm really hoping for a (proper) Filmation Hordak. He might be in the main sub. I think too many voices are crying out for him to just be ignored.

Heroic Warrior
    Scorpia
    Seahawk
    StrongArm

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I need these seven warriors!

1. Colonel Blast
    2. Delora
    3. Granita
    4. Huntara
    5. Lord Masque
    6. Sea Hawk
    7. Vultak
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Scorpia- no way to see her in 6 sub!

Lizard man- too expensive(and I think they said they had no plans for him for now)

I hope it will be

StrongArm
    Vultak or Mask and Seahawk.
    but who knows ...

I really wanted a Filmation sub but I'm going to have to pass on this as they haven't shown any characters from the She-ra cartoon. If they announce how many (if any) She-Ra characters are in this Filmation sub I'll consider getting it.

I think characters like Sea Hawk, Scorpia, Madame Razz, Granita, Lizard Man, Vultak, Dre Elle or Melaktha should be in regular MOTUC since they were featured more.

One episode characters and especially those who have their own fan base should be in the FILMATION sub like:

Strong Arm
    Garth
    Nepthu
    Zilora
    Lord Masque
    Huntara

But this FILMATION sub leaves more space for other characters in the regular MOTUC as well, now no one has to be afraid their favorite isnīt going to be made even JETLAG characters.

Win/Win for everyone! Love it!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Having a 2014 Filmation 12 figure sub would be awesome but I'm stating my picks based on what we know now. First things first, we must have this 2013 Filmation mini sub do exceptionally well in sales so Mattell can now how much in demand a separate Filmation sub in '14 can be. Then that opens up the door completely for more fan favorites and personal ones as well.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I'm hoping to see Crackers the Clown as a part of this sub!

Sea Hawk (a GR member, an easy re-use of parts ie. Dekker's boots),
    Actually, Snout Spout boots would be more accurate.

The Filmation sub is a dream come true for me! I know we're discussing character slots but there are some questions that I'm not sure were answered at NYTF:

When do these subs go on sale and, more importantly, when does the sales window close? Will we have to hit a minimum quota or is the 6-figure 2013 set already set to go? How much are the figures going to cost? Is there some bonus item that comes with the signup fee? A Filmation sticker sheet might be nice but I really like the idea of an exclusive dimensional portal!

Anyway, back to the figures...Seeing as how the first three are MOTU villains, it seems fair that the last three should be POP heroes. My ideal lineup would be:

Madame Razz & Broom
    Sea Hawk
    Huntara

When I think about all the different characters I'd like to see, it's hard to narrow it down. Here's my top 20 Filmation wants, in no particular order...

Scorpia
    Delora
    Kittrina
    Dylamug
    Hunga the Harpy
    Strongarm
    Plundor the Spoiler
    Kothos
    General Sunder
    Melog
    Lizard Man
    Granita
    Lord Masque
    General Tataran
    Vultak
    Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle (They're small enough to fit a two-pack in a single blister card)
    Loo-Kee & Kowl (Again, small enough for a two-pack)
    The Red Knight
    The Enchantress
    Melaktha
    Sibyline

I'm probably still missing some cool characters, so I really hope that 2014 & 2015 bring us a full monthly sub of Filmation goodness. I'd sign up for a sub today!

Heroic Warrior
    I am excited about the Filmation sub and characters. However, I was wondering why Octavia is not included in that sub. Anyway, I hope the other three characters are Sea Hawk, Madame Razz w/Broom, and Imp/Kowl. Evil Seed would be cool too.

Court Magician
    Somebody help me out. Where was this announcement? I know ToyFair, but where online? I totally am lost. Can we get a link to it? Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by toofastone View Post
    Do we really need Filmation He-Man and Skeletor variants or would you be happy with new heads and sword of power?
    I don't think anyone wants a Filmation He-Man than I do, and I'd be fine with just the heads. And a Mer-Man one for sure!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

masque
    lizard man
    sea hawk

madame razz as travelling sdcc 2013 or 2014 scorpia as exclusive for 2014.

general sunder head as bonus on the horde trooper 2-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by sagelion View Post
    Somebody help me out. Where was this announcement? I know ToyFair, but where online? I totally am lost. Can we get a link to it? Thanks guys.
    news.mattycollector.com
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Court Magician
    LOL. You know, I brought that page up earlier and totally was blind to the article. Thanks. Got it now.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    You may want to remove Goat Man from your list. As much as I would LOVE to see my main man Goat Man in 2013 he is NOT a Filmation character. He is a "Golden Books" character from the early 80's. However, if they wanna sneak him in Im all for it
    My all time most wanted Filmation characters are Hawke and Icer. Since Icer is confirmed (YaY) I say bring on Strong Arm. If the next 3 were HAWKE, STRONG ARM, and SEA HAWK I would be a happy boy.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Sea Hawk
    Madame Razz
    Lizard Man

Scorpia has already been mentioned as a 2014 figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    What do you folks think will become of the Jetlag characters? Will they potentially be in a 2014 Filmation sub, in the main sub or not be on Mattel's radar at all?
    Jetlag & golden books were part of the filmation lic deal mattel got but a filmation sub is just for filmation characters Tallstar. Jetlag is NA and goldenbooks are all together different.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    This is GREAT NEWS!! I'm hoping for Lizard Man, Strongarm, and Lord Masque to round out the 3 yet to be revealed!!! I truly hope this is a HUGE success and that Mattel does another 6 figure Filmation mini-sub for next year as well!!! Heck, I'd be down for a full on 12 figure Filmation sub every year!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I agree, Bring it on Mattel