Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Filmation Sub Discussion

I'd say Seahawk has to be a given for one of the final 3 spots. He's a really easy tool plus he's highly demanded.

The other 2 who knows? They could go out and do two high demanded figures but they have to keep someone to lure fans into buying a 2014 sub. That being said, Lord Masque will probably be in next year's sub.

Vultak and Strongarm sound like reasonable pics for 2013.

I'd love to get Razz but the tooling cost is going to really hurt her chances to get in the sub. I still think she'll end up as the SDCC item this year since it has it's own budget.

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    I'm sorry, but Kowl and Madame Razz are not niche characters. They were seen in nearly every episode of She-Ra. They are, in terms of importance, on the same level as Scorpia and Shadow Weaver.
    WRONG!!

They are, in terms of importance, on the same level as Orko and Man-At-Arms is to MOTU.

Giving us a Filmation sub is a brilliant move on Mattel's part, and logically it simply had to happen. There was just no way to fit all those characters into the main line without having it stretch on for another 10 years, and I don't think any of us want that. The quicker the better, I say! A lot of us have been clamoring for figures of these guys for 30 years, so just give them to us already!

And seeing how the sub starts in July and will give us a figure every month, it's pretty safe to assume that we'll get a full 12 figure Filmation sub in 2014 in addition to the regular sub. It's really quite exciting to think about! That would cover almost all of the highly demanded characters, and anything beyond that in 2015 would be pure gravy.

I know TG hinted that this new sub would be dedicated to one-off characters, but let's face it, they're obviously going to stick at least one A-list character in there as bait. I'm predicting that instead of being in the main line, Scorpia will be used to sell the 2014 Filmation sub at SDCC. You heard it here first. It just makes smart business sense to spread heavy hitters across both subs.

After really thinking about it I'm gonna go with Strong Arm, Sea Hawk & Red Knight. There has to be 2 She-Ra characters. Sea Hawk is easy & highly demanded. Red Knight just because of Batros' feet I'm saying that.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Another brilliant thing about this extra sub is that that vast majority of Filmation figures will have a low amount of tooling, which will spread the costs out even more for high-tool figures, which means we will get more of those! I wonder if this sub will function the same way as the main one, with 2 near 100% newly tooled figures and its own separate SDCC exclusive? The only Filmation characters that need a high amount of tooling that I can think of off hand are Madame Razz, Lizard Man, and Dylamug. I guess there's also guys like General Tataran, King Ahgo, and Kothos who could share a new fat buck, but I'm not sure they're popular enough to justify a new buck.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    Strong Arm
    Seahawk
    Lord Masque

Count it!
    Exactimundo!!! This is almost certain! The mask that was shown is a HUGE giveaway for Lord Masque....
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Exactimundo!!! This is almost certain! The mask that was shown is a HUGE giveaway for Lord Masque....
    It is actually Netossa's mask. It was placed right next to Castaspella and I saw one closeup image of it that is a dead give away for Netossa. No question about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and please no Hawke or Lizard Man. Boring!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    That mask looks nothing like Masque's...er, mask. Nothing llike it at all. So, I wouldn't say that is a good indication he is next.

Scorpia is a shoe-in for a sub lure in 2014.

So far, the figures revealed have had low tooling requirements. So, I am going to assume, at least for the next three in this add-on sub, that they will be low tooling as well. So, what other Filmation characters would that be??? It won't be Lizard Man, Madame Razz, Dylamug, Kothos, Evilseed, or General Tataran, Granita, or Hunga, since they'd require too much new tooling. And I don't think it would be Masque, since they are releasing Shokoti. I'm guessing the next three will be from these...

Seahawk
    Huntara
    Plundar (a favorite of TG)
    Strong Arm
    King Tamusk
    False Face
    Nepthu (another favorite of TG)
    Kittrina
    Delora
    Magestra
    Tung Lasher
    Chimera
    Garn
    Vultak (wings can be reused for Hunga and Queen Angela)
    Melaktha
    Count Marzo
    Negator
    Tung Lasher
    Clawful
    Uncle Montork
    Dree-Elle

And since Strong-Or was recently trademarked. I'm guessing Strong Arm will be one, Seahawk will be another, and the last spot will go to either Plundar or Nepthu.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    It is actually Netossa's mask. It was placed right next to Castaspella and I saw one closeup image of it that is a dead give away for Netossa. No question about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and please no Hawke or Lizard Man. Boring!!!
    Delora and Lizard Man are awesome. If you are not interested in them, fine. Don't buy them. But please don't suggest they shouldn't get made just because you don't like them. Many people do and want them as figures.

And that is not Netossa's mask either. Her mask looks nothing like that.

I thought this year was supposed to cut back on the amount of product!?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    This news is huge! I'm so excited I can barely contain myself.
    I been wanting a sub line for Filmation since the first announcements of there inclusion into the line.
    this year was feeling lack luster because of the lack of the number of sku's this year. this is what was missing.
    this will speed up Filmation characters & the over all line too.
    that means the main sub line will get to all our motu, pop, na, pog, 200x, mini comic, obscure & son of he-man. Yeah!
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Next three dream figures would be Madame Razz, Strong Arm, and Scorpia, but I don't see that happening. Madame Razz should be held along with Scorpia to lure people in to a 2014 Filmation sub. I say Strong Arm, Vultak, and Seahawk are sound choices for the final 3 Filmation spots. Don't get me wrong though, if Flutterina, Peekablue, Perfuma, or Sweet Bee snuck into one of those spots I wouldn't complain at all.

I have a HUGE feeling these figures for the sub this year are going to be priced at $27 each, the same as day of sale prices. Has anyone heard what these are going to be priced at?!?
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    They did, the sub only has like 17 skus (last year was like 21, plus 6 optional), now another 6 for an optional Filmation sub....so yes, technically they did.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I am really happy we have a bonus sub - anything which means we get as many figures as possible before the line ends.

I think one off characters will be best suited for this sub - characters which appeared regularly in the cartoon should definetly be in the main sub.

I think the remaining 3 characters will be:

Huntara
    Lord Masque
    Strongarm

Scorpia and Sea-Hawk will have wider appeal and would go down better with the wider audience (Horde Lady and Pirate character)

I also think that they would be wise to do a bonus sub next year as well but only for 6 characters, 12 seems excessive especially if we don't know the main sub is set in stone yet.

Characters in a 2014 Filmation sub should include:

Madame Razz & Broom
    Kittrina
    Dialamug
    Lizard-Man
    Hunga
    Melaktha / General Sundar

--

Also Jetlag characters like Mara, Crita and Sebrian could be scattered in the main sub in 2014 and 2015 once Hydron and Flogg are done.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Awesome about the mini sub, im thinking that because of the 3 characters shown with minimal tooling ive got a feeling Granita will be apart of the mini sub, shared parts for stondar and rokkon. Scorpia, sea hawk and lizard man will be draw cards for next years sub.

I was thinking of lizard man in the mini sub, actually im not sure because i think cornboy really wants him made so he may come out this year in case the filmation sub dosent hit the minimum number. I think you will see 4 characters with minimal tooling and 2 with a little extra thats why im leaning towards Granita, plus i want her.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Lizard Man
    King Argho
    Sea Hawk
    Lord Masque
    Melaktha
    Hunga The Harpy
    General Tartaran
    Strong Arm
    Hawk
    Negator
    King Tamusk
    Jarvus
    Scorpia
    Madam Razz
    General Sundar
    Kittrina
    Dialamug
    Huntara
    Vultak
    Garth
    Kowl & Loki
    Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle
    Dragoon
    Sh'gora
    Krawl
    Colossor
    Dark Wind
    Kothos
    Dark Dream
    Zombie King guy???
    the 3 Horde Scouts???
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Agreed I've not bought a classic from battle cat, so i guess my opinion means jack squat but the fact they are uping the prices,multiple figures a month plus a second sub and all in the year they wanted $300 for a plastic shell is nothing simply more than astounding, im still annoyed I couldn't get into this line but I'm so glad I don't have deal with all the crap they throw at the fans.
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Well, if Mattel choose to release a new Sorceress to sit on her throne, they could easily make Kuduk Ungol too !

Strong Arm, Filmation Clawful and Hordak, Plundar!
    Have No Fear, Smith Is Here!

Koduk Ungol, designed to sit on the Grayskull throne, would be a great way to make Sorceress 2.0 and still give us a cool Filmation character. I'd definitely get two of her for this reason...Very nice idea, Monteeg, I forgot about her!

General Sundar, Dilamug, Granita and Kitrina.

Heroic Warrior Fearless Arriflex's Avatar
    I don't think Madame Razz and Lizard Man are coming in this 6-figure-Filmation sub. Those figures would need complete new sculpts and therefore would have been chosen as the appetizers for this sub.

Maybe Razz as a SDCC exclusive?
    Lizard Man as one of the first 2014 figures...
    and this 6-figure sub will be completed with more simpler figures: Strongarm, Lord Masque and Sea Hawk maybe?
    MOTUC Most Wanted:
    Sagitar - Tuskador - Saurod - Mermista - The Crimson Fury - Entrapta - Kittrina - Artilla - Sssqueeze - Garth - Vultak - Dylamug - Lodar - Ninjor - Admiral Scurvy

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    That mask looks nothing like Masque's...er, mask. Nothing llike it at all. So, I wouldn't say that is a good indication he is next.

Scorpia is a shoe-in for a sub lure in 2014.
    I was hoping to see Scorpia in this year but I think you are right

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless Arriflex View Post
    I don't think Madame Razz and Lizard Man are coming in this 6-figure-Filmation sub. Those figures would need complete new sculpts and therefore would have been chosen as the appetizers for this sub.

Maybe Razz as a SDCC exclusive?
    Lizard Man as one of the first 2014 figures...
    and this 6-figure sub will be completed with more simpler figures: Strongarm, Lord Masque and Sea Hawk maybe?
    Exactly my thoughts, this filmation sub is for less tooled characters. Razz and LizardMan are both 100% new

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    Even if I'm not a filmation fan is way better the filmation sub than the 30th anniversary one! (Except for Draego Man)

Heroic Warrior

Is the Filmation Sub a Sure Thing and What about that White Crossbow from Powercon?

Hi, all,

Don't know if this has been covered yet, but did Scott say the Filmation sub is a sure thing, or will there be a meter that must be met. And did any news come about the White Crossbow from Powercon?

Thanks!
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless Arriflex View Post
    I don't think Madame Razz and Lizard Man are coming in this 6-figure-Filmation sub. Those figures would need complete new sculpts and therefore would have been chosen as the appetizers for this sub...and this 6-figure sub will be completed with more simpler figures: Strongarm, Lord Masque and Sea Hawk maybe?
    Sadly, I think you are right. I'm pretty sure Razz would have been the first figure shown to lure people into the sub if she were coming. Figures that could be made with mostly existing parts seem to be the pattern here. That still means something like Kittrina (I'm assuming she doesn't need all furrry parts) or Sea Hawk would be possible, as they could use existing bodies with some add-on pieces. Still, that leaves a lot of potential characters, and I hope that, be there subs next year, that a second round of Filmation characters will be offered.

I really didn't think that a separate sub was even a remote possibility this year, but I've rarely been happier to be so completely wrong. I was thrilled when I first saw the pics of these. In my best Ram-Man, I actually blurted out, "It's Shaboobie!"
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman