Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Filmation Sub Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    WRONG!!

They are, in terms of importance, on the same level as Orko and Man-At-Arms is to MOTU.
    So, I didn't use the right analogy. The point was that Kowl and Madame Razz are major characters not niche characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    I was hoping to see Scorpia in this year but I think you are right

Exactly my thoughts, this filmation sub is for less tooled characters. Razz and LizardMan are both 100% new
    Not so sure about that now that they have tooled what seems a smaller torso for Mantenna. Lizard Man will be easier to do. Plus, he could conceivably be done with the standard male buck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
    Strong Arm, Filmation Clawful and Hordak, Plundar!
    It's not Plundar it's Plundor. ToyGuru has said multiple times, including the answer to my question at ask Matty forum, that Filmation variants are off the table, at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    So, I didn't use the right analogy. The point was that Kowl and Madame Razz are major characters not niche characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Not so sure about that now that they have tooled what seems a smaller torso for Mantenna. Lizard Man will be easier to do. Plus, he could conceivably be done with the standard male buck.
    Lizard Man was a small skinny guy, way too small for the regular buck. Mantenna is likely the first of a smaller buck, albeit new skinny single legs are still needed, but Mantenna's buck style would certainly fit Lizard Man, the regular buck....no.

So they could conceivably use the Mantenna buck and just make new legs, if they haven't already, it's likely with Lizard Man being a 4H favorite, they sculpted him a while ago, just waiting to be able to use him, I mean they sculpted the Battle Ram all that time ago....so it's possible.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Hi, all,

Don't know if this has been covered yet, but did Scott say the Filmation sub is a sure thing, or will there be a meter that must be met. And did any news come about the White Crossbow from Powercon?

Thanks!
    There is no word yet on whether the Filmation sub will be "metered" on the website.

Also, there is nothing on the "white crossbow." We may need to consider that the "white crossbow" was simply an early unpainted version of Mantenna's bow.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    There is no word yet on whether the Filmation sub will be "metered" on the website.

Also, there is nothing on the "white crossbow." We may need to consider that the "white crossbow" was simply an early unpainted version of Mantenna's bow.
    no Cornboy said the white Crossbow belongs to a figure. everyone thought it would be in the upcoming weapons pack but Cornboy says no. so I guess we find out at SDCC on that.

As for the Filmation add on sub, I think it's just going to be like the 30th anniversary add on sub you just order it and thats it. Icer is production already not a Horsemen sculpt. I think Mattel just knows this sub will do well with the fan demand for this type of sub and it's only 6 figures so they are taking a slight risk. If it's like the 30th anniversary sub there won't even be subsctiption fee, you just order it and they tack it on to your 2013 Club Eternia.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Lizard Man was a small skinny guy, way too small for the regular buck. Mantenna is likely the first of a smaller buck, albeit new skinny single legs are still needed, but Mantenna's buck style would certainly fit Lizard Man, the regular buck....no.
    I have to agree, Lizzie on a regular MOTUC body would look bizarrely roided out. He really would need a thinner buck (which could be used as a base for some other more normally proportioned folks like Marzo). I don't know the chances for him, but Mattel must know that he's got quite a bit of demand built up.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Snappy Threader
    Strong Arm
    Plundor

The third gets iffy because Sea Hawk seems to be quite in demand and would be a good lure either for the main sub next year or the Filmation sub next year. Lizard Man is on my list of wants, but he too I believe would be a good sub seller for next year. Strong Arm is mostly tooled with Cy-Chop's head and all, Plundor would basically just be a new head.....I'm at a loss on the third. Trollans would be easy to make....but they make more sens as a multi-pack, as does Madame Razz and Broom, and even Imp.... I would say maybe General Sundar...from Laser-Lot tools. Maybe. ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    Koduk Ungol, designed to sit on the Grayskull throne, would be a great way to make Sorceress 2.0 and still give us a cool Filmation character. I'd definitely get two of her for this reason...Very nice idea, Monteeg, I forgot about her!

Thanks, Micro-Man !

If Mattel choose to not release new toolings in the three 2013 remaining figures, I think Kuduk Ungol has real chances (like Sea Hawk and Lord Masque).

In Lizard Man case, he needs all-new toolings....but I am sure Mattel could use Modulok's arms and legs (the one with green knees) to make a correct Lizard Man...
    And we must have in mind Mattel can always release a Lizar Man second version with minimum differences (like Granamyr)....

Probably Mattel will promote a poll in which the fans would choose what Evilseed version we want in MOTUC !
    I really hope Filmation's one wins !!!

Bring on Kittrina, Lizard man and Dylamug!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post

So they could conceivably use the Mantenna buck and just make new legs, if they haven't already, it's likely with Lizard Man being a 4H favorite, they sculpted him a while ago, just waiting to be able to use him, I mean they sculpted the Battle Ram all that time ago....so it's possible.
    But it looks to me that Mantenna is sculpted fully and is not a skinny buck with add-on armor. How then could it be reused for Lizard Man without really fudging the whole parts mixing thing and creating a Green Horde body to pass off as Lizard Man?
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    I think the Filmation Sub is a great idea. Polls have shown that a majority of the fans would like a separate Filmation Sub, so once again, someone out there is listening to the fans.

For those who want to go all the way: they can have the regular sub and the Filmation sub,
    others can leave the new sub for what it is, knowing that these figures won't take up regular slots. Cherry picking will also be a possibility for those like a figure or two, depending on what characters will be revealed. I'll probably go for the cherry picking.

I think: Lizard Man, Sea Hawk, Strongarm, Lord Masque and The Red Kniggt are good candidates. I think Strongarm will most definitely be in there.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Strong Arm
    Plundor

The third gets iffy because Sea Hawk seems to be quite in demand and would be a good lure either for the main sub next year or the Filmation sub next year. Lizard Man is on my list of wants, but he too I believe would be a good sub seller for next year. Strong Arm is mostly tooled with Cy-Chop's head and all, Plundor would basically just be a new head.....I'm at a loss on the third. Trollans would be easy to make....but they make more sens as a multi-pack, as does Madame Razz and Broom, and even Imp.... I would say maybe General Sundar...from Laser-Lot tools. Maybe. ? ?
    Unless Mattel reveals the Horde Troopers as the $50.00 Army Builder two pack at SDCC you won't see a Genneral Sunder figure in a filmation sub since he has horde tooper armor.

Forgive me if this has been revealed elsewhere already (Toy Fair news is a swamp to slog through) but ... will the Filmation sub figures be open to early access?

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I believe the final three figures of the subscription will be:

- Plundor
    - Vultak
    - Huntara

Those three check off some appropriate boxes: "Unexpected character" (Plundor); Scott has mentioned he wants to get Plundor out before the line ends. Vultak is Horde, who are immensely popular, and his wings will probably be sculpted so they can be shared with Queen Angella. Huntara is from one of the most memorable episodes of She-Ra; she was hired by the Horde and was meant to return in a sequel episode that was never made; she satisfies the requirement of being from POP since the mini-sub mentions both MOTU and POP. All 3 are characters who've appeared in 1-2 episodes, which was stated to be a reason behind the character selection. All three require minimal tooling, or very little new tooling.

Why not (X?)

- Strong Arm - probably saved as a 2nd Filmation sub lure
    - Lizard Man - requires new tooling
    - Madame Razz - requires new tooling
    - Scorpia - saved for the 2014 sub.
    - Sea Hawk - probably saved for the main line; had several appearances
    - Gen. Sunder - if not part of a Horde Trooper pack, will be saved for later
    - Dylamug - requires new tooling
    - Lord Masque - will probably be saved for a 2nd Filmation sub
    - Kittrina - probably saved as a 2nd Filmation sub lure
    - Granita - requires new tooling
    - Gleedil - not sure if popular enough for a sub
    - Red Knight - not sure if popular enough for a sub
    - Hawke/Delora - probably saved as a 2nd Filmation sub lure
    - King Ahgo - oversized
    - Hordak, Clawful - count as variants, which are not covered by the Filmation mini-sub

and so on, so forth. Anyway, that's my reasoning. *shrug*
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

When is the Filmation sub available? i thought it was available now but i can't find it on Matty.

I do want Lord Masque, but as long as there is isn't trademark for him, I am worried that he will make it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    That mask looks nothing like Masque's...er, mask. Nothing llike it at all. So, I wouldn't say that is a good indication he is next.

Scorpia is a shoe-in for a sub lure in 2014.

So far, the figures revealed have had low tooling requirements. So, I am going to assume, at least for the next three in this add-on sub, that they will be low tooling as well. So, what other Filmation characters would that be??? It won't be Lizard Man, Madame Razz, Dylamug, Kothos, Evilseed, or General Tataran, Granita, or Hunga, since they'd require too much new tooling. And I don't think it would be Masque, since they are releasing Shokoti. I'm guessing the next three will be from these...

Seahawk
    Huntara
    Plundar (a favorite of TG)
    Strong Arm
    King Tamusk
    False Face
    Nepthu (another favorite of TG)
    Kittrina
    Delora
    Magestra
    Tung Lasher
    Chimera
    Garn
    Vultak (wings can be reused for Hunga and Queen Angela)
    Melaktha
    Count Marzo
    Negator
    Tung Lasher
    Clawful
    Uncle Montork
    Dree-Elle

And since Strong-Or was recently trademarked. I'm guessing Strong Arm will be one, Seahawk will be another, and the last spot will go to either Plundar or Nepthu.

- - - Updated - - -

Delora and Lizard Man are awesome. If you are not interested in them, fine. Don't buy them. But please don't suggest they shouldn't get made just because you don't like them. Many people do and want them as figures.

And that is not Netossa's mask either. Her mask looks nothing like that.
    I want them to get made, there are just way more important characters to me that should come before them. Also, there is now a video clip of the mask and it is 100% without a doubt Netossa's mask.

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trans22 View Post
    When is the Filmation sub available? i thought it was available now but i can't find it on Matty.
    Ummm... yea. February 11th at noon EST, wasn't it? Where the heck IS it?!?

Alright guys and gals... I found it.

http://www.clubs.mattycollector.com/...ctID.273148800

EDIT: ...and it won't let me order. It's telling me, upon entering my e-mail address that has been fine for years, that I should "enter a valid e-mail address."

Some things never change.
    Last edited by Ben Solstice-Moon; February 11, 2013 at 12:25pm. Reason: Updated Information...

Glad that a lot of people think Plundor could be one of the remaining three. Been crying out for him since day one. As has been said, he requires virtually no new tooling apart from a new head. So he would also make a lot of sense from that perspective, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Solstice-Moon View Post
    Ummm... yea. February 11th at noon EST, wasn't it? Where the heck IS it?!?

Alright guys and gals... I found it.

http://www.clubs.mattycollector.com/...ctID.273148800

EDIT: ...and it won't let me order. It's telling me, upon entering my e-mail address that has been fine for years, that I should "enter a valid e-mail address."

Some things never change.
    Thanks really looking forward to getting icer.

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trans22 View Post
    Thanks really looking forward to getting icer.
    No sweat Trans22! I finally got things sorted out and I ordered as well. Looking forward to all three, but I think Batros is my fave so far! He just looks like he stepped right out of the cartoon!

I am actually a bit angry about this. We - Club Eternia Subscribers - have been clamoring for Filmation figures since the beginning and now they are asking us to shell out even more money even after the regular club has increased in price? I consider this a bit of a stab in the back. If I didn't want Filmation figures as badly as I do, I would be done with MOTUC. Instead why don't they move the fighting foe men and other concept figures into a separate sub and leave the Filmation ones as part of the CE sub?

There will still be Filmation figures in the sub from what we've heard. Just think of it this way. If this secondary sub didn't exist, we wouldn't be getting these figures until 2014 at the earliest since 2013 was already planned out. These are all extras. So what you made your decision to buy the 2013 sub on is all still the same and true.

Still would prefer they move the concept stuff around and include all Filmation and core figures with the CE Sub. Oh well....I am just having a day, I guess.

I hear you, but I really don't think the concept stuff would support their own sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    But it looks to me that Mantenna is sculpted fully and is not a skinny buck with add-on armor. How then could it be reused for Lizard Man without really fudging the whole parts mixing thing and creating a Green Horde body to pass off as Lizard Man?
    They usually sculpt the armor on and Mattel takes it and makes it an actually armor instead of a sculpted buck. A lot of the recent figures have been like this, Snake Face for one, the prototype is has the arms flush to the body, like a non armored figure, and the final figure has the ate too much bloated look, where the arms are more jutted out. I know it's a new buck, but so was BP She-Ra, now every female uses it, and most of the females the basic armor or clothing is sculpted in place only like collars and such are glued on after the molds are cast for prototypes.

It's entirely possible, Mattel has a skinny buck already for use with Mantenna, if his armor is removable, still if not, I'm sure they still have the equivalent bare chest done as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I have to agree, Lizzie on a regular MOTUC body would look bizarrely roided out. He really would need a thinner buck (which could be used as a base for some other more normally proportioned folks like Marzo). I don't know the chances for him, but Mattel must know that he's got quite a bit of demand built up.

Yeah, I think he would look too much like Fang Man with a regular buck, only green.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!