Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Filmation Sub Discussion

OK, having watched Scott's panel and read all of his answers over on Matty, I feel pretty confident about my guesses for the remaining 3 figures.

But first, to knock down a few people's guesses/hopes.

1. There will be no variants. No Filmation Clawful or Hordak, etc.

2. They will be 1-shot appearances. No Seahawk, Scorpia or Madame Razz, etc.

I am inclined to believe that these will be easily assembled figures with no major tooling, as well. Since they are already into production for the line. Bye, Bye Lizard Man and Dylamug.

I don't think we will see a Delora/Hawke or Evil Seed because we saw them in the MYP.

I don't think we're going to get a Lord Masque, since he is too tied into Shokoti and would be a good lure for completists for a 2014 sub.

To my mind, this leaves the top 3 characters with the most fan support.

Strongarm / Strong-Or
    Huntara
    Vultak

Strong Arm already having a legitimate trademark leads off these 3 guesses.

But I am most confident with Huntara. Scott stated clearly that 1 of the 6 would be a "Wild Card". As he explained it, that means a character that is both hero and villain.

This IS Huntara. I can't think of another top requested, fan demanded character that walks this fine line.

The only other option might be if he retcons Delora/Hawke to explain why the same design was used for 2 different characters, 1 good, 1 bad. But with the MYP connection, I'm betting on Huntara.

Kittrina could qualify, but I think Huntara is more demanded.

Vultak gives them an opportunity to make the wings for reuse on Angella.

I mention Plundor as an alternate to Vultak, but I don't think he has the support of the others.

I'd bet big money on these 3.
    Last edited by Uncle Jake; February 11, 2013 at 11:38pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    OK, having watched Scott's panel and read all of his answers over on Matty, I feel pretty confident about my guesses for the remaining 3 figures.

But first, to knock down a few people's guesses/hopes.

1. There will be no variants. No Filmation Clawful or Hordak, etc.

2. They will be 1-shot appearances. No Seahawk, Scorpia or Madame Razz, etc.

I am inclined to believe that these will be easily assembled figures with no major tooling, as well. Since they are already into production for the line. Bye, Bye Lizard Man and Dylamug.

I don't think we will see a Delora/Hawke or Evil Seed because we saw them in the MYP.

I don't think we're going to get a Lord Masque, since he is too tied into Shokoti and would be a good lure for completists for a 2014 sub.

To my mind, this leaves the top 3 characters with the most fan support.

Strongarm / Strong-Or
    Huntara
    Vultak

Strong Arm already having a legitimate trademark leads off these 3 guesses.

But I am most confident with Huntara. Scott stated clearly that 1 of the 6 would be a "Wild Card". As he explained it, that means a character that is both hero and villain.

This IS Huntara. I can't think of another top requested, fan demanded character that walks this fine line.

The only other option might be if he retcons Delora/Hawke to explain why the same design was used for 2 different characters, 1 good, 1 bad. But with the MYP connection, I'm betting on Huntara.

Vultak gives them an opportunity to make the wings for reuse on Angella.

I mention Plundor as an alternate to Vultak, but I don't think he has the support of the others.

I'd bet big money on these 3.
    i didn't hear the Wildcard explanation as a a hero/villain thing. Also with its own sub and with six characters i would say we may get some unique tooling cause in the main line we get two unique tools out of twelve so one out of six would seem logical.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

See, I wouldn't think of Huntara as a wild card. To me, she might even be a sub lure... maybe for 2014, should a Filmation sub happen again.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

My main Filmation wants do include a couple of variants and I'm sad that we cant have those in the sub. I think A LOT of people want a Filmation style Hordak, he's one of my Filmation musts.

My 3 wants for the rest of this years sub would be : HUNTARA, LIZARD MAN, SEA HAWK

And for next years if we get one: MADAME RAZZ, DELORA, KITTRINA, MELAKTHA, VULTAK, KING MIRO

I havent chosen SCORPIA as i definitely think she will be in the main line.

I think they should offer a SUB EXCLUSIVE of Filmation HORDAK with IMP or as SDCC item.
    MOST WANTED MOTUC FIGURES : MELAKTHA MADAME RAZZ FILMATION HORDAK PEEKABLUE MERMISTA QUEEN ANGELLA LIZARD MAN PERFUMA EVILSEED DREE ELLE VULTAK
    HUNGA SWEETBEE RED KNIGHT GENERAL SUNDAR GWILDOR SAUROD LOO-KEE FLUTTERINA SPINERELLA CATRA CAT FORM FILMATION SKELETOR

Lizard Man, Sea-Hawk, Lord Masque. I definitely would feel like I got my money's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    See, I wouldn't think of Huntara as a wild card. To me, she might even be a sub lure... maybe for 2014, should a Filmation sub happen again.
    See, for me she would not be a wild card, she's one of my top wants. The real question is, who does Scott think of as a wild card?

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Do you think that this will include Filmation versions of characters, that we have already? Like Hordak, Tung Lashor, Clawful, Marzo, etc.?
    Does Galactus fart?

Heroic Warrior
    Can someone post a complete list of all the Filmation characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewd_Squirrel View Post
    Do you think that this will include Filmation versions of characters, that we have already? Like Hordak, Tung Lashor, Clawful, Marzo, etc.?
    I believe this is for characters that had one or two appearances, not major characters already done in the main sub.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I think that Lizard Man I will be in the normal sub, & Lizard Man II {my avatar} will be in the Filmation sub.
    Does Galactus fart?

Heroic Warrior
    Here is the most complete list I can find, please fill in the gaps if you see any....

Admiral Scurvy & Squall
    Ariel
    Batros
    Blackbeard
    Braylok
    Catman
    Celice
    Chef Allen
    Colonel Blast
    Colossor
    Crackers
    Creeping Horak
    Daimar
    DarkDream
    Dark Knight
    Dark Riders
    Delora
    Dragoon
    Dree-Elle
    Dylamug
    Enchantress
    Evil Seed
    Fang Man
    Flying Knight dewd (friend of King Randor)
    Garth
    General Sunder
    General Tataran
    Granita
    Hannibal
    Hawke
    Horde Prime
    Hunga the Harpy
    Huntara
    Icer
    Illeena
    Imp
    King Ahgo
    King Micah
    King Miro
    King Paw
    Kittrina
    Koldarr
    Kothos
    Kudok Ungol (Pre-Sorceress)
    Lady Vultera
    Light Hope
    Lizard Man
    Lizard Man
    Luce
    Lord Masque
    Madame Razz & Broom
    Majestra
    Malik
    Melaktha
    Morningstar
    Molkrom
    Monteeg
    Mortella
    Negator
    Octavia
    Ollo
    Plundor
    Queen Balina
    Red-Eye
    Red Knight
    Robot Hover Knights of Skeletor
    Rock Giant
    Scorpia
    Sea Hawk
    Serpentoid
    Sh'gora
    Shokoti
    Sibilyne
    Sleeping Beast
    Snake Clan Woman
    Spydra
    Starchild
    StrongArm
    Uncle Montork
    Vultak
    Yog
    Yukkers
    Zagraz
    Zanthor
    Zilora

Anghast was pretty badass. Include!!

Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Maybe the PoP one is Granita.......and the other two guys (Stonedar and Rokkon) could be SDCC Figures

While we're on the subject of filmation characters, how do you think they will execute Light Hope? My guess was a LED light up shaft that maybe has light hope say a few things and also plays the opening She-Ra theme??? Thoughts? Make it a comic con exclusive?
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

He explains the "wildcard figure" as a character that's not too fan demanded, but would make a great figure. My guess is Nepthu...UGH! Hopefully if that's the case I MUCH rather it be Plundor. Sad we aren't getting regulars though, cough cough Madame Razz and Broom cough.
    I would be VERY happy with Vultak, Huntara, and Strong Arm though. Hunga would also make me smile.
    Last edited by swind15; February 12, 2013 at 05:57am.

Quote Originally Posted by karg182 View Post
    Starting with the second series release (approximately August), your Club Filmation order will ship with any other subscription orders you currently have.

That SUCKS! I have to pay for NA He-Man, Clamp Champ AND separate international shipping for Batros.... it's not like they don't have enough time to sort this out so that everything ships together from the very start... !!!!!!
    I completely agree with this commment. Why oh why, with three months notice are they not able to combine orders for this sub from day 1???

The recent polls and comments about the line showed that the ridiculous shipping costs are the main reason people are annoyed and leaving the line yet Matty expect people to have to shell out additional shipping costs on figures largely due to their incompetence?

As always they expect the customer to foot the bill.....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    I completely agree with this commment. Why oh why, with three months notice are they not able to combine orders for this sub from day 1???

The recent polls and comments about the line showed that the ridiculous shipping costs are the main reason people are annoyed and leaving the line yet Matty expect people to have to shell out additional shipping costs on figures largely due to their incompetence?

As always they expect the customer to foot the bill.....
    From this and other things that have happened, I think that it is the software they use to run their order/shipment system, to be honest. I actually think I know what package they are using, as my company uses it (though we don't ship consumer products like this, and if we did we wouldn't use it because of this limitation). It's orders system is notoriously difficult to modify once an order is in. It sounds like they have somehow "frankensteined" it to be able to combine the orders after initial shipment. I can see how it worked fine for their digital goods business - but even though it has the capability, it's not really designed for large scale shipping of physical goods.

That said, it's still on them for not having the right software for the job, and these orders can be changed manually - that's why you run reports and hire temps for data entry - but in the end it makes them more money in shipping, so they don't bother.

Do you think Matty are likely to release the names of the other 3 filmation characters before the end of the subscription window? Being in the UK, if I subscribe, I will definitely get stung for customs for each and every figure on top of my club eternia subscription. I am on the fence but would be swayed much more easily if they announced the remaining slots...

I would love to see them all from the serious (Shokoti, Icer, Vultak, Seahawk) to the cartoony (Madame Razz, Plundor, & Crackers the Clown). But I think Mattel is doing a low cost, high reward with these. So I think the characters will be mostly reused parts. And they will shoot at the One or two time appearance characters. If they have a full sub next year, that's where we will see Dylamug, Hunga the Harpy, etc. where higher tooling costs are involved.
    Since it will include both He-man and She-ra I'm thinking down these lines:
    - Strongarm
    - Vultak
    - Huntara
    I know this is only Villians, but they make some sense. The other options include Hawke, The Red Knight, Lord Masque, & General Sundar.
    I think Madame Razz, Sea Hawk, and Scorpia would be Main sub possibilities.

I would like to see: Garth, General Sunder and Skeletor Robot Knights! Also, I would like a Flimation He Man and Skeletor at some point in the run.

Granita as a wild card sounds possible but she appeared in two episodes...

Delora is fan demanded.

Hunga appeared in two episodes and she could share the wings with Lord Dactys who maybe shares his wings with Draego Man?

Zilora is totally wildcard but except for me and a few others not really fan demanded...

Vultak sounds like a good possibility and if they make new feathered wings they could reuse them for Angela, 200X Sorceress or maybe even Veena.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    Oy...where to start?

Masters of the Universe:
    Lord Masque
    Lizard Man
    Strong Arm
    Plundor
    Skeletor's Robot Knights
    Hawke/Delora
    Dree-Elle
    Uncle Montork
    Evil Seed

Princess of Power:
    Madame Razz w/ Broom
    Seahawk
    Granita
    Dylamug
    Scorpia
    Vultak
    Imp
    Hungra the Harpy
    Huntara

I think that about covers the major ones. If we got these, I'd be more than satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    So, it currently includes Icer, Batros and Shokoti. That's half the slots already taken.

And did Toyguru state that it would include "good guys" and "bad guys" from BOTH Filmation He-Man and Filmation She-Ra?

If so, we would need one more slot for a "good guy" from Filmation He-Man, although I have no idea who that could be. The remaining two slots would be a "good guy" from Filmation She-Ra, perhaps Sea Hawk? And a "bad guy" from Filmation She-Ra, perhaps Scorpia?

Then again, there is meant to be one major surprise. So, unless Chef Allen ends up in there as the "good guy" from He-Man, the major surprise could perhaps be Madame Razz?

I really wish they'd just announce all six characters!
    So from what we know its 6 figures, 3 are already annouced, all motu villians, so we can except, to see some filmation pop heros. If i based it just off that I would except for sure SeaHawk is a total shoe in, POP hero, easy to make. Now I dont know where TG said that it needs to be a basic figure or easy to make , any one have info on that, please send it to me.
    so, again, i want to reference this news article
    http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=2252
    according to this the possibilities are
    Imp
    Lizardman
    Masque
    Madame Razz and broom
    Scorpia
    Strongarm

and according to the trademarks
    Dymulug

SO i am expecting Seahawk
    Lizardman
    and Dymalug

If this sub had been offered back when the figures were $20 each and shipping was less I would go for it. I certainly would rather have Filmation figures than several of the 200X, POP, NA, concept, etc. figures I have. But at this point, these figures cost more than I am willing to pay for most of them. If Shokoti gets good reviews then I'll at least pick her up.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

The wildcard Filmation character that ToyGuru refers to will be the rumored Nepthu from the episode "The Temple of the Sun." The white crossbow that was seen will belong to the one remaining Filmation character left in 2013 in the main sub. That character will be Dylamug. Dylamug was seen in the POP series episodes "Duel at Devlan" and "Shades of Orko."