Thread: Boba Fett's Slave 1 repaint by BadVermin

Boba Fett's Slave 1 repaint by BadVermin

I've repainted quite a few of the Hasbro toys in the last few months, dozens in fact. What I haven't been doing is taking photos...

So here is one of more more recent projects:

Boba Fett's Slave 1

This is a conversion of the Rise of Boba Fett TRU exclusive Slave 1 which was painted in the blue Jango colors, and while a fun toy, I wanted the Boba version from my youth.

The ship was painted with an airbrush and lots of hand applied effects. Paint used was Cartoon Colour Cell Vinyl acrylic, all colors custom mixed. I modified the seats in the ship so that Boba Fett sits up higher to closer match the screen version. Han in carbonite is from the Saga Collection.

The original canopy hinge felt flimsy, all the weight on clear plastic sounds like a recipe for an inevitable crack. So after dissembling the ship and removing the visually obtrusive canopy tabs, epoxy was used to fill the gaps and secure a set of four magnets. In addition magnet system, the new front section locks into place until the canopy is opened 45° or more.

Let me know what you think!
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

Nice! It has that worn look of the original Star Wars films.
    "Milk that cow, George, milk it! MOO!!" ~ Optimus-Prime's response to the announcement of 3D versions of the Star Wars films.

Snappy Threader
    Oh yeah! That looks wicked cool BadVermin, I love all things Boba Fett.

Well done. There was a certain used beauty to the ships in the OT and your Slave-1 has canptured that feeling. Thank you for for sharing. It always seems that Hasbro has great designs but the paint apps do not always bring out the greatness of the sculpt. You have done just that.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Hordak's Pupil General Stingrad's Avatar
    Awesomeness I love great job on the paint work
    Etheria will be mine!

Hasbro's releasing this ship sometime in 2013, for which I'm grateful!

But that does not take away from your amazing paint job here, hands down you have the better product here with your custom touches that wont be in the official release. (Simply because production can't always achieve this sort of look)

Love it!!!

Did you do any paintwork on the inside?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Thanks! I knew Hasbro would come out with one eventually, but I would have modified that one as well. This way I get to have my version earlier.

The interior is roughed out with an airbrush, it was easy to do while the ship was disassembled, but I need to go in and do one final set of details to the hoses and control panels.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.