Thread: HE'S Mr. Krabs?!!!

Master of New Adventures!

HE'S Mr. Krabs?!!!

So last night I'm watching THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION for like the nine thousand, eight hundred and thirteenth time and up pops a small note on the screen informing me that Clancy Brown, who plays the role of the savage prison guard Captain Hadley -- surely one of the most brutal prison guards in film history -- provides the voice of none other than SPONGEBOB's beloved Mr. Krabs!!!

I nearly fell out of bed. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I do know I'm never going to be able to take Captain Hadley quite so seriously again while I'm watching THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION because I'll be waiting for him to let loose with a Mr. Krabs' chortle as he pulls his bludgeon. And I'll probably take Mr. Krabs' rantings a little more warily in the future, half-expecting him to give Spongebob a working over for letting out that long soprano laugh of his.

Is it possible I'm the only orger here that didn't know until now that Captain Hadley and Mr. Krabs are one and the same? "Ar-ar-ar-ar-ar-ar-ar!"
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; February 10, 2013 at 06:36pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    So last night I'm watching THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION for like the nine thousand, eight hundred and thirteenth time and up pops a small note on the screen informing me that Clancy Brown, who plays the role of the savage prison guard Captain Hadley -- surely one of the most brutal prison guards in film history -- is the voice of none other than SPONGEBOB's Mr. Krabs!!!

I nearly fell out of bed. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I do know I'm never be able to take Captain Hadley quite so seriously again -- waiting for him to give a Mr. Krabs' chortle as he pulls his baton. And I'll probably take Mr. Krabs' rantings a bit more warily in the future, half-expectng him to give Spongebob a working over for letting out that long soprano laugh of his.

Is it possible I'm the only orger here that didn't know until now that Captain Hadley and Mr. Krabs are one and the same? "Ar-ar-ar-ar-ar-ar-ar!"
    REALLY?!?! I didn't know that either! That's crazy.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Its funnier to think of him as the Kurgan from Highlander.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

I wanna see one of our artists draw Mr. Krabs in Captain Hadley's uniform with his baton at the ready and Spongebob in prison garb cowering. Now THAT would be funny! I'll betcha if the artist sent it to Mr. Brown that the actor'd gladly autograph it.

Being in the VO industry, I make it my business to find these things out.... I first discovered this little nugget of info many years ago and when I first found out, my jaw dropped to the floor. He's a really talented guy. Coincidentally, the guy who played Biff in the Back To The Future movies does a lot of voices on Spongebob too. Ya just never know!

-Johnny C

I've always known it was him.

As well as being a good actor Clancy Brown is also a great voice actor and imho Mr Crabs is his best role
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Would it help if I told you he's also Lex Luthor?
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Captain Hadley to Lex Luthor? Okay. I can get my head around that. But Mr. Krabs...?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post

Oh yeah, this guy is doing a lot of voice acting! He's fantastic! He really has quite a range.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Being in the VO industry, I make it my business to find these things out.... I first discovered this little nugget of info many years ago and when I first found out, my jaw dropped to the floor. He's a really talented guy. Coincidentally, the guy who played Biff in the Back To The Future movies does a lot of voices on Spongebob too. Ya just never know!

-Johnny C
    Thomas Wilson. I knew he did voices on Sponge Bob, plus he did several voices on both Batman: TAS and Superman: TAS. He mostly did one time characters, but he did several different ones over the years.

He's also the voice of Dogpound on the new TMNT cartoon.
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Clancy Brown's on everything now, it seems.

He was Lex (and, for one episode, Flash) on Superman:TAS/JL/JLU, and "Rohtul' on Brave & the Bold. He was Mr. Freeze on The Batman, he's Dogpound on the new TMNT, he was Savage Oppress on Clone Wars, Silas on Transformers: Prime, Odin on Avengers: EMH, Grune on the new Thundercats - he's basically everywhere these days, animation-wise!

(Oh, and he also starred in Carnivale, and was in Buckaroo Banzai ages ago!)
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Clancy Brown has a large range apparently. I'm surprised he never worked on anything you have written for, Jack.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Sister Edith is in the hospital this week. She is having trouble sleeping and has requested tapes of Pastor Dave's sermons..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    Clancy Brown has a large range apparently. I'm surprised he never worked on anything you have written for, Jack.
    Actually I'm kind of glad he didn't. If I'd have walked into a recording studio. seen Captain Hadley sitting behind a mic and heard him mumble "Fresh meat..." under his breath, I probably would have run outside screaming.

Heroic Warrior
    He was also Captain Black on Jackie Cha Adventures

did voices for...
    Gargoyles
    Recess
    Teen Titans
    Batman Beyond
    Zeta Project
    Powerpuff Girls
    Samurai Jack
    Ben 10
    Wolverine and the X-men
    Scooby Doo Mystery Incorperated
    Legend of Kora
    Thundercats(2011)
    Young Justice

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Actually I'm kind of glad he didn't. If I'd have walked into a recording studio. seen Captain Hadley sitting behind a mic and heard him mumble "Fresh meat..." under his breath, I probably would have run outside screaming.
    It would also be rather scary if he did the Kurgan voice...
    "There can be only one."
    "... and its you, pal. See ya later."

"Sister Edith is in the hospital this week. She is having trouble sleeping and has requested tapes of Pastor Dave's sermons..."

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    He will always be Lex to me.
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

Clancy actually made a very good Lex Luthor. And he successfully brought humor to the character while still making him seem dangerous.

It blew my mind when I first found out that Mark Hamil played Joker in Batman TAS. After that, nothing really surprises me anymore.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal