View Poll Results: Do you want a Dare figure in 2015?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I do want a Dare figure in 2015!

26 20.97%
  • No, I don't want a Dare figure in 2015. I'd rather that slot go to a different character.

98 79.03%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dare figure in 2015: Yes or No?

Dare figure in 2015: Yes or No?

As far as the rest of 2015, every monthly slot is accounted for, except for one. If this is the last year, would you want this opening or any other slot opportunity remaining in 2015 going to Dare, or would you prefer it going to a different character from Filmation, vintage Mini-Comics, 200X/MYP, NA, Jetlag, or other vintage media?

Keep in mind, we are talking about Toyguru's version of Dare, as seen in the last mini-comic, NOT the one from the Filmation pitch.

This Dare...
    sonofhe-man.jpg

I voted YES.

I'd like to see Dare and Son of Skeletor make it into the line at some point.

As for the design, I like the new one much more than the FILMation pitch design, so I'm glad that's the one we'll be getting.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Going with No and depending on how the line evolves in 2016 maybe never. SoHM is my MOTU line in the sand, this and the toyguruverse.

I'd really like to have him, but I guess he can wait til 2016. The 2015 sub is already bursting with all the vintage characters, and that spot or two that's left should go to someone more requested, maybe a Filmation or mini comic character.

Heroic Warrior
    No, not only for 2015, but not even for 2020. Dare and SOH is the worst MOTU idea ever. He is basically a replacement for He-Man. Nothing original, just another He-Man knock-off. And after King Grayskul, Vikor, Vykron, Wun-Dan and with Oo-Larr coming how many knock-offs this line can handle? Bring NEW characters, NOT related to He-Man or Skeletor, but which they lived alongside with them or POG characters or distant future MOTU characters, anything but SOH.

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    I voted YES.

I'd like to see Dare and Son of Skeletor make it into the line at some point.

As for the design, I like the new one much more than the FILMation pitch design, so I'm glad that's the one we'll be getting.
    You must not have read this poll entirely. It wasn't asking if you wanted Dare "at some point". It was asking you if you wanted him specifically in 2015 instead of another character.

Nope. He's essentially a silver version of NA He-Man. That's like the least necessary variant for a He-Man figure ever. Maybe give him a complete redesign into something interesting and original, then maybe fit him in 2016 or beyond. But 2015? Nope, there's way too much other stuff that needs to be made before him.

No way! I want characters I already know and love from the old cartoons and toy lines before anything new. Once all the Galactic Guardians and Mutants have been produced in 2016, then maybe I'd be receptive to Dare. Save Son of He-man for 2017.

I think it's both appropriate and celebratory to end the MOTUC line in December 2015 with Dare. It gives He-Man and Teela a son... and props the door open for whatever new line might come in 2016. I mean, the FINAL figure in the line? What would the alternatives be? Dragstor? Saurod? Sqqqueeze? They're coming anyways... there's nothing about their characters though that says "end of an era!", you know?
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

I almost voted yes until I saw it was for 2015. I do want Dare and the other SoHM characters but I want vintage finished as much as possible in 2015. Also, I don't understand why people are so against the SoHM storyline. It expands the mythos just as She-Ra did. Are you against Star Wars: Episode VII also?
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeofEternia View Post
    Nope. He's essentially a silver version of NA He-Man. That's like the least necessary variant for a He-Man figure ever. Maybe give him a complete redesign into something interesting and original, then maybe fit him in 2016 or beyond. But 2015? Nope, there's way too much other stuff that needs to be made before him.
    Exactly this! He is not only one of the most boring and unoriginal figures ever made, is also very easily to made by ourselves:

And really if people are complaining about Oo-Larr, why then waste a spot for a repainted NA He-Man, when there a lot more characters that could make wonderful and more interesting figures.

NO.
    I don't want him ever, but especially not in '15. No way.

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    Also, I don't understand why people are so against the SoHM storyline. It expands the mythos just as She-Ra did. Are you against Star Wars: Episode VII also?
    If the script was a concept pulled from the trash, horribly re-written by an over enthusiastic amateur, Luke's kid looks exactly like Luke, the "new" characters are just cheap KOs of other existing SW characters and Han's kid sports a stupid emo duster has a mohawk and is named 'Soloteen', then yes.
    IT'S BEEN A LONG CRAZY RIDE SINCE 2008!

Quote Originally Posted by EL DOOR View Post
    NO.
    I don't want him ever, but especially not in '15. No way.

If the script was a concept pulled from the trash, horribly re-written by an over enthusiastic amateur, Luke's kid looks exactly like Luke, the "new" characters are just cheap KOs of other existing SW characters and Han's kid sports a stupid emo duster has a mohawk and is named 'Soloteen', then yes.
    I agree that the storyline needs some originality added to it but I'm fine with Dare and Skeleteen as the main characters. I say they need to bring the 4H in on the story and designs for it to be interesting and successful.
    Last edited by jerec350; August 30, 2014 at 07:57pm.

I'd find him a very boring figure to end the line with.

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    I agree that the storyline needs some originality added to it but I'm fine with Dare and Skeleteen as the main characters. Weren't they originally designed by Mattel in the 80s and not ToyGuru? I say they need to bring the 4H in on the story and designs for it to be interesting and successful.
    After reading, I feel that I came off as snotty, instead of funny, sorry if it seemed that way.

Yes, I believe that both designs were from the 80's. I don't mean to knock TG either, but he is very passionate and not a professional writer, a combo I feel does more harm than good. Also, a majority of fans already disliked the idea from the old bible notes. There isn't anything solid. I can't find anything to keep my interest. I remember my excitement over 200x, I'd love to feel that again. I don't want it, but I'm not opposed to it existing. A fresh take could change my mind, but Skeleteen & Dare are just far too similar to their dads for my tastes.
    IT'S BEEN A LONG CRAZY RIDE SINCE 2008!

Quote Originally Posted by EL DOOR View Post
    After reading, I feel that I came off as snotty, instead of funny, sorry if it seemed that way.

Yes, I believe that both designs were from the 80's. I don't mean to knock TG either, but he is very passionate and not a professional writer, a combo I feel does more harm than good. Also, a majority of fans already disliked the idea from the old bible notes. There isn't anything solid. I can't find anything to keep my interest. I remember my excitement over 200x, I'd love to feel that again. I don't want it, but I'm not opposed to it existing. A fresh take could change my mind, but Skeleteen & Dare are just far too similar to their dads for my tastes.
    We're all good bud, I didn't think you were being snotty at all. I know exactly what you mean about 200X but I just want to see a continuation of what we have now instead of another reboot. It seems like we are definitely being steered towards the SoHM storyline so I just want it to be good, whatever it takes.

Well....I really don't want to pee in anybody's cereal, but I prefer the 'FILMATION' look for DARE. I really like the more Sword & Sorcery style elements of MOTU.

That said, I won't vote against him.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    You must not have read this poll entirely. It wasn't asking if you wanted Dare "at some point". It was asking you if you wanted him specifically in 2015 instead of another character.
    I did read it entirely.

I would like to see Dare in 2015. If he isn't released in 2015, I'd still like to see both he and Son of Skeletor released at some point.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Well....I really don't want to pee in anybody's cereal, but I prefer the 'FILMATION' look for DARE. I really like the more Sword & Sorcery style elements of MOTU.

That said, I won't vote against him.
    The Filmation is even easier to made than the mini comic one, since he is totally a He-Man variant. Just put the NA He-Man's head without repaint him to a Classic He-Man's or Oo-Larr's or Vikor's body and here he is.

Good lord no. Not when a large majority of us are scrambling to see Crita and other favorites made. And really, if Scott deems THIS character more deserving of a figure than those who lost the polls (Masque, Tuskador, Darius) then I'm at a loss for words. I could go on forever naming characters more deserving of that valuable slot in 2015 than this uninspired mess. Getting him out at the end of 2015 just to "bookend" the line opposite King Grayskull (which is the current rumor) is silly in my opinion. We were told the WHOLE time he advertised the 2015 line that it will be entirely comprised of A-List. This character is in NO WAY A-List. Over freaking Crita? Or Master Sebrian? Or Twiggets (namely Spiritina)? Characters who were in almost EVERY EPISODE of their cartoon? NO.
    Last edited by galaxysurfer; August 30, 2014 at 11:42pm.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Absolutely not in 2015. Scott has flat out said that Dare would NOT be in 2015. He said it on the Matty forums. He said it on RGD. If Dare shows up in 2015, even if he thinks it is a cute bookend to the line, it goes against what he has said previously. And in my book, that is a lie,pure and simple. No "certain point of view", no "subject to change", none of that. A lie.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

No.

But I can see Scott using Dare as the opposite "bookend" to King Grayskull.

That would stink, because ending MOTUC without Crita or Miro is a terrible idea. They're kind of the last A/B+ List characters left.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I will go one forward. If Dare shows up in 2015 I will flat out not sub for whatever 2016 is. And I would encourage people to follow suit. Trust and integrity should mean something, and not be cast a side for a desire to get more toys.
    Last edited by Barezz; August 30, 2014 at 10:32pm.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Heroic Warrior
    No. I don't want Dare to take the last slot. But, I expect that he will in order to, as others have said, bookend the "complete" MOTUC collection.

Not before I get Evil Seed, after that, they can make anything they want.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app