Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rank the NYTF reveals

Hybrid View

Rank the NYTF reveals

1.Icer. 2.Mantenna. 3.Castaspella. 4.Batros. 5.Shotoki

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Mantenna - Great looking figure. He looks terrifying and really exceeds my expectations. Him alone is starting to get me back into the line, but we'll see what happens when I get Ram-Man into my hands.

Castaspella - Outside of the random disc, she is not bad, but I need to see a figure that does not look like her clothes are ready to fall off.

I have no interest in any of the Filmation ones, so I have no business ranking them.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

1. Shokoti
    2. Mantenna
    3. Castaspella
    4. Icer
    5. Batros

But they are all amazing.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

1. Mantenna
    2. Shokoti
    3. Castaspella
    4. Icer
    5. Batros

Overall I was really happy with all the reveals.

1. Castaspella
    2. Mantenna
    3. Icer
    4. Batros
    5. Shokoti

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    1.Icer. 2.Mantenna. 3.Castaspella. 4.Batros. 5.Shotoki
    1. Mantenna... Absolutely love this figure!
    2. Batros
    3. Shokoti
    4. Icer
    5. Castaspella

Heroic Warrior
    before the reveals or leaked pics, i had these figures ranked from most wanted to least wanted:

1. Shokoti
    2. castaspella
    3. Batros
    4. Icer
    5. Mantenna

after seeing them....

Im blown away by ALL of them.

1. Mantenna best figure in the entire line!!! And I hate this character!!! hated all previous version of him.
    2. Icer awesome
    3. Castaspella prettiest of all the POP girls so far
    4. Batros
    5. shokoti i ranked her last not becuz she came out bad, i love this character, its just that the others were so badass!!!

1. Mantenna
    2. completed NA He-Man
    3. Castaspella
    4. Batros
    5. Icer
    6. Shokoti
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

1) Mantenna (even though I was wanting a retro version)
    2) Batros
    3) Icer
    4) Shokoti
    5) Castaspella (without the disc)

1. Mantenna
    2. Shokoti
    3. Icer
    4. Batros
    5. Castaspella (hate the disc)

1 - Icer: Never a big fan of him but he looks fantastic and I want him now to pose in the snow!
    2 - Shokoti: Finally, another evil female for the He-Man side of things! Move over Evil-Lyn! Evil has a new face and it's much prettier.
    3 - Batros: My most wanted Filmation character, glad he made the early cut and was include in the new sub.
    4 - Castaspella: Great head sculpt and all, but much like Glimmer, she's just not a character that wows me for the POP gals.
    5 - Mantenna: Just never been a big fan of Mantenna, plus I am in the crowd that would have preferred blood shot eyes.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Mantenna
    Castaspella
    Shokoti
    Icer
    Batros
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

1. Batros
    2. Mantenna
    3. Castaspella
    4. Shokoti
    5. Icer

All are great though IMO. Best reveals ever.

1) Mantenna
    2) Castaspella
    3) Shokoti
    4) Icer
    5) Batros
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar
    1. Castaspella - she's awesome, and we need more POP, she's proof of that
    2. Mantenna - great, but needs those vintage bloodshot eyes
    3. Shokoti - wasn't much of a Shokoti fan, until now
    4. Batros - I don't even like Batros, but the Four Horsemen did great
    5. Icer - surprisingly simple and cool
    6. NA He-Man - looks much better with that '89 armor

1. Batros - I wanted this character since I was a kid. A dream come true.
    2. Mantenna - Perfection. Looks even better than the staction, which means ALOT.
    3. Shokoti - I never cared for her but the Org-hype got me hooked.
    4. Castaspella - Easily the best looking PoP girl so far.
    5. Icer - Love the smirk on his face and the accessories
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Heroic Warrior
    1. Castle Grayskull
    2. Icer
    3. Mantenna
    4. Batros
    5. Castaspella
    6. Armored NA He-Man
    7. Shotoki

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    1. Shokoti Awesome, just awesome!
    2. New Adventures He-Man He is now complete! I am in heaven!
    3. Mantenna 4H worked their magic again!
    4. Castaspella So happy that we get her! (Although a little surprised it was not Glimmer...)
    5. Batros Finally!!!
    6. Icer Finally pt.2!!!!!!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

1) Castaspella - they are going the extra mile with this figure and I GREATLY appreciate it. Nice accessories And it sounds like the disc will fit (if you choose to use it) in a very cool, sneaky way.

2) Mantenna - just quite impressive

3) Icer - LOVE THIS FIGURE!!

4) Shokoti - beautiful... if she'd had a spell casting hand and fangs she'd have bumped Icer

5) Batros - also incredible... excellent job... wish he came with a repurposed stack of books from the Egon figure in Ghostbusters Classics

6) NA He-Man (Armor) - I greatly appreciate that they are going the extra mile with this figure too!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    1) Mantenna
    - Surprisingly better than the Staction! Love the head sculpt and how the legs were constructed
    Come on Mattel, it's time to MODULOK!

2) NA He-Man
    - the added armor and helmeted head make this figure perfect! He was the only he-Man figure I had as a kid. Always loved the fully armored look with helmet, laser sword and shield. Ah the nostalgia!
    So glad we're getting NA in MOTUC! Now bring on Brakk and Hydron!

3) Icer
    - never cared for the character's cartoon design, but I always liked his abilities. The 4HM made him work as a figure. And now I'm really looking forward to this guy.

4) Castaspella + Shokoti
    - Pretty much a tie since they both are some of the best female figures imo. Love Castaspella's energy blast/sword! I hope Shokoti still is going to get a staff.

5) Batros
    - Not a fan of the design, but I get why people wanted him as a figure. He was a pretty good enemy in that episode. He's growing on me. Especially after seeing that his wings look much better than on that leaked image.
    Last edited by Dragonblaster; February 11, 2013 at 03:44am.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    1. Mantenna
    2. Castaspella
    3. Shokoti
    4. Icer
    5. NA He-Man
    6. Batros
    7. Castle Grayskul

1. Mantenna - Great sculpt that mixes the vintage figure, the Staction, and the Filmation versions. I loved this figure and his action feature as a kid, and I'm loving this translation. So glad they gave him 4 individual legs. Well done 4H! Well done! (Now Reuben - leave it alone. No switching parts to make him "pop".)
    2. Batros - I love this character and I don't know exactly why. I like the translation and the reuse of Spikor's weapon. I do wish that he would have come with a stack of books, but I can get those from a craft store. This was my personal number one want from Filmation He-man.
    3. Icer - Another cool (ha... ha... ha...) figure from Filmation. The furry boots and details are what made this figure stand out to me. Over all a nice sculpt and the ice pick weapon and the Staff of Avion just push it that much higher.
    4. Castaspella - I know my sister had her growing up but never really played with the She-ra figures she had. But this figure is great. I prefer these colors to the orange cremesicle of the original toy. I'm not jumping up and down for her, but she's a great sculpt and she will be a nice addition to my She-ra shelf.
    5. Castle Grayskull - Amazing sculpt. Disappointing size. The figures just look a little too small. It's like a 7ft tall person driving a mini-cooper. They fit, but it just doesn't look right. Everything else is absolutely amazing. But like many people here, I think they should have cut accessories and made the frame bigger.
    6. Shokoti - I just never cared for Sha-poopi. But at least we are getting her and Ram-man in the same year. Her minion is awesome. Shokoti is just a "meh" sculpt. I think they should give her Teela's arm gauntlets, just to give it a little more detail (like Icer's boots and Batros head).
    7. NA He-man - I'm glad he is getting everything the original toy had. I will still pose him as he was originally revealed. But that's just a preference. The armor and helmet look great.
    8. The new Bios. King He-man and the figthing Foe Men's Bios are cool. I enjoyed them. I like the information about Adam and Teela finally becoming a thing. And leading into the whole Dare storyline. I liked the explanation of how the Fighting Foe Men were able to fight in both eras. Then there was Karatti's Bio. That was HARD to read. It was like a 10 year old wrote it. Would be just fine for a 10 year old, not so good for a 30 year old.
    9. Dare Son of He-man sticker - I like it. I hadn't seen it before but I thought I would put it here.
    10. Stackable stands - cool idea. I'll have to get a few and see if they actually work. They look nice.
    11. MOC Bubble protetors - I don't display my MOC collection so nothing I need. But to those who would use them. I hope they work.

?? Mystery accessory - Cool looking helmet. I just wonder who's it is.

1) Castaspella - beautifully sculpted, filmation/style guide colors, great new energy accessory, my personal PoP fave which bumped her to 1st

2) Mantenna - Perfectly executed, core Horde member, my second fave PoP villain next to Hordak

3) Shokoti - she looks amazing, wish she came with a weapon of some sort. She looks straight out of Filmation, awesome!

4) Icer - He looks great, Staff of Avion is a huge plus, his icy blue color makes him "pop" even more!

5) Batros - So happy we're getting him and I'm glad he did not have a horde emblem (he's an indie villain to me), he does need a bit more detail on the wings to make it look more organic. He's still a great figure.

6) NA He-Man - I like the added armor from the vintage toy but I prefer the Jetlag look. I can use the armor and helmet for customizing my own GG to increase the ranks.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

1 Mantenna
    2 Icer
    3 Shokoti
    4 NA He-Man
    5 Batros
    6 Castaspella

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Castle Grayskull: (10/10) Amazing. Nothing more to say!

Mantenna: (10/10) Exactly what a MOTUC figure should be about. Rooted in the vintage design but very consciously updated, brought up to today's action figure standards, and in-line with more matured, discerning taste.

Icer: (8/10) Great, appropriately chiseled head sculpt. Simple, but well-executed design with great new pieces that totally sell the character. Overall a little too simple to make a bigger mark, though.

Shokoti: (6/10) Decent figure, just lacking overall. Good head sculpt, but nothing to grab anyone that isn't someone who was already waiting 25 years for ANY figure of her.

Castaspella: (6/10) Basically the same as Shokoti. These figures are further proof IMO that all of these characters cannot coexist without more artistic license taken with their designs.

NA He-Man: (5/10) The added display options are great for value, but they already immediately lost a sale with me with the beyond-tired reuse of the same He-Man portrait. At least we have the Alcala Skelly head, so no excuse for not giving fans that same choice with He-Man.

Batros: (3/10) Boring, waste of potential. Thoroughly unthreatening, and looks like a cosplayer. Another figure that divides the collection into "cartoony" and "non-cartoony".