Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Mystery item shown at TF 2013

At this point, if you're talking about creating awareness for MOTUC, then that ship has long sailed in my opinion. If creating awareness to get MOTU back in the public eye, so to speak, was a focal point where the Classics line is concerned then this would have been done from the start, or at least a year/two into the line when re-issues of older figures (for the most part) was the norm. Almost 5 years into a line that's relegated to the online market instead of at retail, what good would awareness do for MOTUC when someone is not able to get the majority of the items at Matty (Man-At-Arms, Teela, Fisto, Sorceress, Ram Man, etc.)?

Creating awareness for the MOTU brand as a whole, on the other hand.....sure .

I'm a huge Marvel fan, always have been since my first West Coast Avengers and Capt. America comics. I'm also a fan of Stan Lee and I respect him and his contribution in introducing us to such great stories and fantasies. I am however baffled as to why he'd be immortalized in MOTUC plastic, what's next a George Lucas Transformer?!...but I'd like to see the end result. If he turns out cool, then Dekker will now have a buddy next to him, ready to fish or fight!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Wait...the MoLarr comment got me thinking.

What if this figure was "paid for" by an outside source?
    This may be a way to get a new "thinner" buck for MOTUC that is commissioned by an outside source.

Hordak! Put me in MOTUC! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Wait...the MoLarr comment got me thinking.

What if this figure was "paid for" by an outside source?
    This may be a way to get a new "thinner" buck for MOTUC that is commissioned by an outside source.
    Huh, cool thought on that. Might be off topic, but did Mo-Lar get us any new pieces that have been reused in other figures. The gloves were new, right?
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Huh, cool thought on that. Might be off topic, but did Mo-Lar get us any new pieces that have been reused in other figures. The gloves were new, right?
    No new parts that have been used. The Gloves were used on Hordak first, Then Zodak, then King Hsss and finally Mo-Lar.

Standor, the action figure who holds other figures up.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Standor, the action figure who holds other figures up.
    If I'm understanding this correctly, Scott made a reference to Stan Lee and his famous quote "'nuff said"? If this is the case, I don't think it's a Stan Lee figure...

A lot of us always stated Spector looked a LOT like Deadpool. Deadpool is a Marvel creation... see where I'm going with this? It's probably something to do with Spector.

Ugh, what a dreadful thought.

I honestly think if they were going to make a figure based off Stan Lee it wouldn't be a helmet more goggles he was wearing that remind of us of Stan Lee's glasses.

I had just got done looking at the thread were people were asking about the flight stands so when I came here and saw the name Standor I was like hmmm. And I think I said before most of my guesses haven't really been all that serious since we haven't even really gotten a scale on this item, as in is it for a female or male head. And the Duke has said no one has really gotten close to what he thinks it is, and he tends to have a pretty good idea of what is coming out.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I don't want to read all these post in this thread. Is there any truth to this Standor fiugre?? Or is it just fandom rumor? Thanks.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

There's a trademark

Stan Lee tweeted he invited Matty to Comikaze this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    At this point, if you're talking about creating awareness for MOTUC, then that ship has long sailed in my opinion. If creating awareness to get MOTU back in the public eye, so to speak, was a focal point where the Classics line is concerned then this would have been done from the start, or at least a year/two into the line when re-issues of older figures (for the most part) was the norm. Almost 5 years into a line that's relegated to the online market instead of at retail, what good would awareness do for MOTUC when someone is not able to get the majority of the items at Matty (Man-At-Arms, Teela, Fisto, Sorceress, Ram Man, etc.)?

Creating awareness for the MOTU brand as a whole, on the other hand.....sure .
    A well reasoned, well articulated post that's totally grounded in reality. A rarity on these forums sometimes . I agree completely. The ship for promoting MOTUC has sailed, and I'm OK with that. I don't need to see MOTUC at retail. I would love to see the MOTU BRAND, on the other hand, get revitalized. I'd like to see it in the same place that the Transformers brand is now. Mattel made a mistake by giving up on the brand after NA He-Man and 200X. Did Disney give up on Mickey? Hopefully the movie will give the brand the attention it deserves.