Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery item shown at TF 2013

It looks very Horde-esque - my guess is a NA She-Ra or Despara mask

Hail to the King Baby DamnSmooth's Avatar

Netossa

I think its Netossa head dress, they also showed rattlors armor. I think their teasing the new weapons pack
    "You weren't born into this life to be popular" -- Jimmy Newquist

she-ra_mask.jpg

Hmmm ... not sure.

My guess is Netossa's headdress. Perhaps it was altered a bit so it can fit her due to the side fins she's already sporting.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

net_mask.jpg

Hmmm ... no, not either.

Yes, it looks nothing like Netossa's mask or Lord Masque's mask. Doesn't look like NA Teela either.

I suppose this could be a new New Adventures She-Ra? I was hoping we'd get an all-new design. But it seems a bit bulky. I can't wait to find out, though! Just the mask looks cool.

I think I just figured it out. It's very similar to Horde Primes headress, so it's either for Prince Zed, or maybe that Hordak looking chick from the new comics, not sure of her name or her role.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    I think I just figured it out. It's very similar to Horde Primes headress, so it's either for Prince Zed, or maybe that Hordak looking chick from the new comics, not sure of her name or her role.
    I believe that Hordak Chick was Adora.... named Despera (or something like that) in the comics, and she wears a Hordak like suit and mask.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Snappy Threader
    At first I would say Netossa, looks similar...however, I don't recall their sneak peaks like this ever being a weapons pack item (correct me if I am wrong), they are usually for the next figure revealed. So if not Netossa, I have no clue who it would be for.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    I hope it's Netossa's mask.

BUT, if it is, then it looks very different to the original toy design since it's missing the distinctive "V" shaped design on the forehead and neck.

Whoever it belongs to, I would like to see a repaint in Netossa's colours - IF it fits a female face sculpt. That's if we're not already getting Netossa's mask in the next Weapons Pack along with her sword.
    It's not Netossa's mask this I can say for sure. A friend photshopped it on Netossas face and it isn't her mask. in fact it looks stupid on Netossa

Last edited by mjw41; February 11, 2013 at 10:29am.

It's definately for a character related to Horde Prime. Check out the fish eyes on the side, the wrench like pincers on the top and the fins on the side.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...psfc92fb74.jpg

Wasn't it said by Cornboy that we wouldn't be able to guess which character this mask belonged to in a million years? To me, that means it's a character that we haven't seen before, someone new. We know from the minicomics and bios that She-Ra goes with Adam to space to fight the Space Mutants, and that she eventually defeats Horde Prime. I say that this is from NA She-Ra, post her defeat of Horde Prime, where she's absorbed his powers and taken his place at the head of the Horde Empire, now transformed into a force of good. I also bet that this is the subscription bonus figure for 2014.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Since Cornboy said we wouldn't guess it in a million years, that says to me it's not anyone like NA She-Ra. It's got to be something more obscure.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Flutterina, and Tung Lashor

And what about Prahvus? It could the mask of Prahvus. It could fit on his goat face imho.
    or it could be HE, overlord of Trolla.

EDIT: HE.... because the accessory has some glitters ... like the sword of He .... like orb containing the power of grayskull !
    HE could also be the father of Hordak and Horde Prime, explaining why they are both powerful. We never know the origins of Hordak... It may be explained like that in the upcoming DC comic.
    Last edited by Arvulis; February 11, 2013 at 11:21am.

Heroic Warrior Fearless Arriflex's Avatar
    Despera.

Would this be a good SDCC exclusive? Since this is the figure that will likely to be shown next?
    MOTUC Most Wanted:
    Sagitar - Tuskador - Saurod - Mermista - The Crimson Fury - Entrapta - Kittrina - Artilla - Sssqueeze - Garth - Vultak - Dylamug - Lodar - Ninjor - Admiral Scurvy

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    Wasn't it said by Cornboy that we wouldn't be able to guess which character this mask belonged to in a million years?
    Were those his exact words? I'm curious if he did put a "date stamp" on it... What if that's a clue to who it is?

The thing that really stinks is that, unless it's a teaser for the SDCC exclusive, we have 5 months to wait to find out...

I always found the never guess statements to be one of two things, hyperbole to build hype or it's some variant that no one would be able to guess or a character that previously didn't exactly exist outside of some mention.

What is the status on variants atm, are they only doing He-man and Skeletor or are they open to doing others?

Maybe it's New Adventures Sorceress Teela.

Or leader of the Cosmic Enforcers Zodacia
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    I like that idea about She-Ra. Since He-Man becomes King He-Man and Teela becomes Sorceress, I was wondering what She-Ra would end up being. I like the idea of her taking over the Horde, trying to bring peace to all the worlds affected by the Horde. I can imagine some Horde sympathizers still wanting to keep the status quo. Maybe She-Ra and her friends try to liberate other Horde worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    Wasn't it said by Cornboy that we wouldn't be able to guess which character this mask belonged to in a million years? To me, that means it's a character that we haven't seen before, someone new. We know from the minicomics and bios that She-Ra goes with Adam to space to fight the Space Mutants, and that she eventually defeats Horde Prime. I say that this is from NA She-Ra, post her defeat of Horde Prime, where she's absorbed his powers and taken his place at the head of the Horde Empire, now transformed into a force of good. I also bet that this is the subscription bonus figure for 2014.

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by DCComicsguy View Post
    I like that idea about She-Ra. Since He-Man becomes King He-Man and Teela becomes Sorceress, I was wondering what She-Ra would end up being. I like the idea of her taking over the Horde, trying to bring peace to all the worlds affected by the Horde. I can imagine some Horde sympathizers still wanting to keep the status quo. Maybe She-Ra and her friends try to liberate other Horde worlds.
    That is actually a neat idea
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Could it also be for Queen Teela.

For the daughter of He-man and Teela

for the son of Keldor and Evil-lyn

Could one million years be a reference to a far into the future offspring of the line of Greyskull, or age of a character or, one from further into prehistory.

Or maybe some Amalgamation character, like Keldor and Demoman make Skeletor. maybe their Wonder Powers activated and He-man and She-ra became He-ra cosmic exploder of faces.

The other out there options are a complete revamp of a previous character and that is why we would never guess who it was.
    Last edited by wyldman11; February 11, 2013 at 12:21pm.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I was thinking some sort of cosmic enforcer or perhaps because of the Horde Prime shapes in there a newly 4H designed Force Captain Adora. I do like the idea building off the King He-Man bio that this is some time of Horde Prime powered She-Ra variant. Very interesting...

Heroic Warrior
    It is SOOOOO obviously Netossa's. No question about it. The photoshop is wrong, those things on the side are what go around to clasp it on her head.
    Last edited by Vikor; February 11, 2013 at 12:33pm.

the Horde Prime idea reminds me of the Lich King in WoW. Oh four year old spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    You know what? I have absolutely no idea. Did anyone who attended NYTF get a sense of how big this mask is? Is it for a male or female character?

For some reason I feel like this may be for a new character or an extra for an existing one, because in the video I thought I heard one of the 4H say that we would never guess.

Could it possibly be for LIGHT HOPE created from the 4H's imaginations? I mean, we've got Horde Prime...and now that there is a Filmation sub...
    I was thinking Light Hope, too, due to the masking sparkling.

Maybe they are developing a new Time Agent, the Mighty Spectress!

I'd be pretty pumped for that.
    Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!