Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery item shown at TF 2013

Heroic Warrior
    The photoshop example does not look like the gold movie Skeletor to me. The movie Skeletor mask had more horns on it.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    I asked ToyGuru in Ask Matty and he answered:
    "Eventually"

I'm not American so I don't know what he means.... At the end of Toyfair? Later? something else ?

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...408#4631013408

If someone can give me his advice on it
    Dan asks about it in his walkthrough video and got nothing either

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Dan asks about it in his walkthrough video and got nothing either
    Yep, I just saw that in the video. Thanks man!

My first thought was that it looked like something that would fit onto swiftwind's head. So my guess if it's big enough could it be for a horse, because they haven't made another horse since swiftwind.

Perhaps the Black Wizard.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    If its the Black Wizard, I bet he's next year's sub exclusive. He's not a necessary figure, but he'll be neat to get for those who sub, just like King He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Perhaps the Black Wizard.
    Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    If its the Black Wizard, I bet he's next year's sub exclusive. He's not a necessary figure, but he'll be neat to get for those who sub, just like King He-Man.
    It's not The Great Black Wizard, it looks nothing like his helmet:

MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

It looks like the frame to a Predator Mask. Maybe they are going to bring the Predator race into He-man and have them be Galactic Protectors just to mess with everyone!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I hate how he does this every single time!

Gotta give props to Pixel Dan always tryin to get it outta him though.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    I would love if it's the Great Black Wizard... but as 13977 mentioned, the helmet is not like that

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    It has to be Molarr's sleep mask. There is no other explanation.

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Ah ok... Thank you very much for your explanation
    Well, ok - I also had the impression it was a bit rude
    I don't think it was rude, honestly. A lot of people read Scott's replies in a negative light, when talking to the man in person it's very clear what kind of a personality he has.

Scott, as a fan himself, is a nice guy who gets a lot of grief from the fan base for being relentlessly positive about the line even in the face of clear and undeniable defeat. But we ask him so many unnecessary questions, don't we?

We have never been given a definite answer to when something will be revealed, have we? Why would this time be different?

So Scott's reply is honest, and why did he need to be more elaborate or hold our hands with it? When will we find out who that accessory goes to? Eventually. All things in their time.

That's like asking him when Modulok will be released, and him saying "We can't answer that now."

So, I'm sorry, but I think the answer was fair and honest.
    My 2016 Wishlist:

2.0s: HE-MAN, Teela
    Filmation: KITTRINA, Vultak, Dylamug
    200x: VEENA, Prahvus
    NA: CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    Concept: RED BEAST, Tony Guerrero He-Man

Ah ok... Thank you very much for your explanation
    Well, ok - I also had the impression it was a bit rude

Why ? Why ?

http://spn.gwendy.net/dean%20cry.gif
    He didn't mean it in a "rude" way.... It was a "teasing" response... Like "You'll find out, eventually."
    In German, it would be "irgendwann" or "an einem dieser Tage"
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    I don't think it was rude, honestly. A lot of people read Scott's replies in a negative light, when talking to the man in person it's very clear what kind of a personality he has.

Scott, as a fan himself, is a nice guy who gets a lot of grief from the fan base for being relentlessly positive about the line even in the face of clear and undeniable defeat. But we ask him so many unnecessary questions, don't we?

We have never been given a definite answer to when something will be revealed, have we? Why would this time be different?

So Scott's reply is honest, and why did he need to be more elaborate or hold our hands with it? When will we find out who that accessory goes to? Eventually. All things in their time.

That's like asking him when Modulok will be released, and him saying "We can't answer that now."

So, I'm sorry, but I think the answer was fair and honest.
    Lol. Don't worry. As I'm not a native american speaker, I just wanted to understand his answer. I always supported the line and Scott. I totally understand It's normal. You are right.... And you know, If I were Scott, I would slap a lot of angry fans... He stays cool overall. The line is awesome and he is doing his best. He-fans and She-ravers are my family. And like a true family, we feel part of a group and thus we may become sensitive...
    But I like Scott, and I know he likes Mo-Larr too We are his family too! Me, you, and everyone here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    It has to be Molarr's sleep mask. There is no other explanation.
    I would love that man ! Trust me !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    He didn't mean it in a "rude" way.... It was a "teasing" response... Like "You'll find out, eventually."
    In German, it would be "irgendwann" or "an einem dieser Tage"
    I'm not german mate lol... So I can translate it in French "ne t'inquite pas mon pote, ce sera rvel plus tard" ! How cool is that with my french accent ?

And funny, not a single person has yet mentioned that it could possibly be... the one-armed man.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Skeleteen FTW!!

If King He-Man is any indication, it could have something to do with He-Ro SOH.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    And funny, not a single person has yet mentioned that it could possibly be... the one-armed man.
    Or the Butler for Castle Greyskull.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Or the Butler for Castle Greyskull.
    Jeeves-or?
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Heroic Warrior
    Sparkle Crotch Spector with Glow in the Dark Gimp Mask.

another silly one

The WWE and He-man crossover is going to happen. This is the figure for the WWE character Supasta and the mask is a variation on amateur wrestling headgear.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Well, I decided to go through all the "fantastic fashions" in the toy archive for PoP to see if any of the sets have headsets - ya know, in case they decided to use one of those as a possible NA She-Ra. I can't seem to get the mask to line up with anything in those sets either! Best I can say is that the sparkles on dark plastic is the same on Starburst She-Ra's mask, so it's possible they decided to give her a new mask...but I dunno about that. I'm still kind of hoping it goes to some She-Ra, 'cause it looks powerful and I'm already imagining some armored, star-powered beast of a She-Ra having a final throw-down with Horde Prime on top of a massive spaceship in the orbit of a planet or something.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    If King He-Man is any indication, it could have something to do with He-Ro SOH.
    you know the more i think about it i really want it to be a son of he man thing. when i saw new adventures she ra as a choice on box art poll for grayskull i realized then that it has to be for a future she ra. na or soh or whatever.

there isnt a na she ra right? ever? so why list it as an option? i feel that was the only thing on the list with no known design.

ergo mask is her new adventures (son of he man?)headress. and maybe hopefully as suggested represents her defeat of horde prime and returning to lead the horde to a new era of peace.

i would say its for dare: son of he-man ...

scott mentioned in the NYTF MOTUC walkthrough video with PD that the NA line/story was originally created with dare as the main protagonist rather than he-man ... the mask itself looks pretty space-like and futuristic, so this would tie in with that notion ...

and whilst none of us can pin-point this accessory to any existing characters, it's almost certainly for a new character ...

the only thing that doesn't fit, is that if he-ro is the alter-ego of dare - then im not so sure, because he-ro doesn't really fit with the NA look ...
    Last edited by tmc1984; February 13, 2013 at 02:43am.
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    i would say its for dare: son of he-man ...

scott mentioned in the NYTF MOTUC walkthrough video with PD that the NA line/story was originally created with dare as the main protagonist rather than he-man ... the mask itself looks pretty space-like and futuristic, so this would tie in with that notion ...

and whilst none of us can pin-point this accessory to any existing characters, it's almost certainly for a new character ...

the only thing that doesn't fit, is that if he-ro is the alter-ego of dare - then im not so sure, because he-ro doesn't really fit with the NA look ...
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    you know the more i think about it i really want it to be a son of he man thing. when i saw new adventures she ra as a choice on box art poll for grayskull i realized then that it has to be for a future she ra. na or soh or whatever.

there isnt a na she ra right? ever? so why list it as an option? i feel that was the only thing on the list with no known design.

ergo mask is her new adventures (son of he man?)headress. and maybe hopefully as suggested represents her defeat of horde prime and returning to lead the horde to a new era of peace.
    Okay then, here's to a decent character design whatever it is! The headress looks pretty cool to start with.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.