Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery item shown at TF 2013

It won't be Light Hope because that will be in the Filmation sub.
    Kittens are delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by guy-dude View Post
    I'm sorry... what??? Where/when was this shown? Does anyone have pics? How did miss this??

it was not designed by the horsemen and I don't think it was in house at mattel. (might be the team that did the bashing beetle though) if I recall a future wave of figures would have collect and connect weapons to make multibot (as you can see clamp champ's weapon is in there)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ltibot200x.jpg

it was not designed by the horsemen and I don't think it was in house at mattel. (might be the team that did the bashing beetle though) if I recall a future wave of figures would have collect and connect weapons to make multibot (as you can see clamp champ's weapon is in there)
    Oh Wow... I usually am upbeat, but I hope this is NOT what it is. This is just... terrible. It looks like General Grevious' lesser nephew, Private Parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Solstice-Moon View Post
    Oh Wow... I usually am upbeat, but I hope this is NOT what it is. This is just... terrible. It looks like General Grevious' lesser nephew, Private Parts.
    not many of us liked the concept, but i think the line was over after these pics came out, the artists had it on his portfolio page or something.
    the brand manager of MOTU at the time didn't want the horsemen doing EVERYTHING, so vehicles, playsets, some beasts and variants went in-house or to 3rd parties. but you could almost ALWAYS tell when it wasn't the horsemen (i think the two exceptions were many people thought snake armour he-man was a horsemen design, it wasn't and the battle raptor)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I'm going to assume it's something tied to the bios, possibly based on an existing unmade design for a character or variant that we haven't seen yet.

Some sort of Emperor/King/Horde Leader Skeletor, which could balance out King He-Man.

Dare, or a variant of original He-Ro. Is it possible that Dare travels back in time to become the "original" He-Ro? I forget.

Someone from Trolla who forged the sword or power of He or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    Even a being of light could have been flesh and bones before. It is a fictional universe where anything is possible.
    And considering Mattel is in the business of making figures, this is why as well. Horde Prime was just a mist of smoke and giant hand in Filmation, til they drew him in solid form... And now we have a figure.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Snappy Threader
    Strikes me as odd (not that I mind, just find it odd) that they would introduce yet another new character with so many established characters to go through yet....

Maybe this will be for the 2014 travelling convention exclusive (non-SDCC). A brand new more obscure character would be a good fit for that spot.

Maybe it's for Horde Troopers. Like Horde Prime's Personal Gaurd? Or to kinda sorta maybe make human Horde Troopers? I doubt they would come with 4 heads, as they'd all be the same. They should just tell us.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

So glad they never went with that. Just looks so generic.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    And considering Mattel is in the business of making figures, this is why as well. Horde Prime was just a mist of smoke and giant hand in Filmation, til they drew him in solid form... And now we have a figure.
    Horde Prime had a well-defined anthropomorphic body in the UK comics, and in Filmation we see a huge anthropomorphic hand and the rest of his body appears to be hidden by a smoke/mist (rather than non-existent or immaterial).

That's very different from Light Hope, who in Filmation is clearly an entity made of shining multicolored light, without any trace of a human-like body or shape.

There are many ways in which Mattel could release Light Hope without anthropomorphizing him/her/it (which would amount to a complete redesign of the character and therefore nothing to do with what the PoP fans remember). For example, using translucent plastic of iridescent colors.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    tlVDj.jpg

That's not strictly true. Better pics than this are floating out there of the original Filmation backgrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    There are many ways in which Mattel could release Light Hope without anthropomorphizing him/her/it (which would amount to a complete redesign of the character and therefore nothing to do with what the PoP fans remember). For example, using translucent plastic of iridescent colors.
    Since this is a guessing thread, I'd say you are overthinking this. I have zero interest in buying a sparkling curtain with a light bulb in it. I can buy such lamps at every Ikea. An actual figure of Light Hope would be a whole different thing.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

I actually think a personification of Light Hope could be very cool!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Since this is a guessing thread, I'd say you are overthinking this. I have zero interest in buying a sparkling curtain with a light bulb in it. I can buy such lamps at every Ikea. An actual figure of Light Hope would be a whole different thing.
    And I have zero interest in buying a Light Hope that has nothing to do with what Light Hope is and looks like. An "actual figure of Light Hope" wouldn't be Light Hope, it would be a totally new, made-up anthropomorphic character that they choose to name "Light Hope". Light Hope is a light, as his/her/its name clearly states.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    And I have zero interest in buying a Light Hope that has nothing to do with what Light Hope is and looks like. An "actual figure of Light Hope" wouldn't be Light Hope, it would be a totally new made-up anthropomorphic character that they choose to name "Light Hope".
    Fair enough.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I actually think a personification of Light Hope could be very cool!
    Me too. Totally down for that. Something like this would be super awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    Me too. Totally down for that. Something like this would be super awesome...

http://www.deviantart.com/download/6..._by_JazylH.jpg
    That's pretty cool
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Heroic Warrior
    I wouldn't mind a "physical/humanoid manifestation of Light Hope" action figure, but it would seem like an odd choice given so many of the members of The Great Rebellion haven't been released.

Even if they wanted to release another male member of The Great Rebellion, Sea Hawk and General Sunder would appear to be better choices (and would permit parts sharing).

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Strikes me as odd (not that I mind, just find it odd) that they would introduce yet another new character with so many established characters to go through yet....
    not odd, they are trying to keep the line going longer. Many fans think the line can go on for a few more years, but it won't if they let out all the established characters then start making new ones. This is what happens with many lines, there are/were some cool things that never got released or a very limited run because fans had already dropped the line.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior

...okay... while I don't like that it would've been Multi-Bot, I kind of like the idea of it. Like an alien life-form assembled itself through various weapons and mechanical pieces. I don't like the design overall, but I think the bio could've made this thing way cool if it hadn't been Multi-Bot.

OT, do we have any other clues? Are we not going to guess it because it's a brand new character? Or just because the community won't reach a consensus?
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

I would love to compile a list of all the guesses and have CB look it over just before the reveal to find out if anyone did actually guess correctly.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    I would love to compile a list of all the guesses and have CB look it over just before the reveal to find out if anyone did actually guess correctly.

Agreed.

I'd like to see this happen also.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I notice you don't mention concept or prototype in there.

but most of my guesses that weren't silly were more trying to get people away from the idea of variants and known characters who may or may not have had a figure.

I think Scott avoided Dan on the subject because he didn't want to deal with backlash from vintage and filmation fans of a new character taking up a slot, when he gave the character a name no one had heard. I think the plan is to build hype, and then show the figure before giving a name.
    My guess is that it probably won't come with something that would take up a slot. Maybe it's an extra. I hope so. I'm all for new things (if that is what it's for), but new things should maybe be sold out of the sub, as they should have to prove themselves lol.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Light Hope could be a very interesting opportunity for the horsemen to sculpt something very abstract and cool. An etherial representation of Light Hope does not have to be reduced to a 'sparkling curtain' - the Horsemen could sculpt a really detailed and interesting crystalline form/sculpture that evokes She-Ra's tiara as well as the Crystal Castle itself. I for one will be majorly disappointed if they give Light Hope a humanoid form.

With all that said - I see Light Hope as less of a action figure and more of a diorama piece like the weapons rack. Plus you could pack Lookee in with him.

I see light hope as a crystalline being that gives off so much light that you cannot see past the brightness and only see the light and colors of his brilliant aura. Why I see him as crystal may be due to the fact that he resides in the Crystal Castle.
    Last edited by AuraBoyX; February 22, 2013 at 01:48am.