175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes its perfect!

75 42.86%
  • No its too small!

98 56.00%
  • No its too BIG

2 1.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you happy with the size of castle grayskull?

Are you happy with the size of castle grayskull?

I think the size is perfect!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I wanted the draw bridge to be bigger. big enough for he-man on battle cat with still plenty of open door space to spare.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I think it's pretty much perfect.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

100% happy with the scale of grayskull, and no, I think that the opening size for the jawbridge entrance is fine to me, as any larger it would have costed much more.

I wish the opening was taller. If they just cut away some of the base section underneath where the jaw bridge opens, the door could sit lower and the opening would be taller. The door itself would need to be reworked to be longer.

The levels inside seem a little too short as well. Roboto's head barely clears the third floor ceiling in the video.

I don't mind the size overall, but I feel like they either need a little more height or to lose the third floor.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'm okay with it's size now but we like everything bigger here in Hell. So while I like it now it would be better bigger.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

the size is fine with me. to really get an accurate sizef for the MOTUC figures...the thing would have to me MASSIVE. I'm fine with the castle, I just wish the front door was a wee bit bigger.

The size doesn't really bother me, though I hope for some more tooling on the inside of the playset so the interior walls aren't so smoothly bland looking. It's not a make or break, but it would be nice for some inside details. Heck, the original Snake Mountain was able to do it.

Also, I really want that dungeon floor grating. I'm really hoping that the rumor of it being cut is just that.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Snappy Threader
    Looks real good to me.

Yes. If it was any larger, I would have no room to display it.

After letting it marinate for a day, yes, it's just too small. The sculpt is beautiful, I have no issue with the look of the castle, the detailing, anything like that. Just the size, it's much smaller than expected. I'm not saying it has to be double in size, but a couple of inches per floor, in height, width, and depth, would make all the difference in the world.
    As it is, I can live with it, but it barely meets the scale of the figures and it takes a great deal of pleasure out of owning it.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

I love the over sculpt of the castle, the 4H did an amazing job.

But looking at the prototype and the B-sheet that Mattel posted it looks the whole castle is about 2" smaller all around.
    I don't like that the figures heads almost it the second floor when they are on the first floor. The base is unneeded and that height could have been added to the castle itself.

The fact of the matter is Mattel posted measurements at the time of presale, but now it's not that size. For $250 it needs to be just as it was in the B-sheet they used to sell it to us.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

The sculpt is indeed amazing but I am not happy with the size. I think it's too narrow in the front and needs to be a bit wider.
    Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    LOL at nobody thinking it's too big...

People who think it's too small apparently have no sense of scale based on pictures...
    once they get to see it in person, opinions will change...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    As far as I am concerned the size is right, the problem is the size of the entrance.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

perfect. as expected. from video i think its clearly far larger in person. i think many will be pleasantly supprised.

I think the size is great. I wish the doorway was a bit taller, but that could be fixed if we get lucky (not counting on it, and still not a deal-breaker).

I really want that Dungeon Piece to make it out later. Shoot, an annual Grayskull Additions Set would be keen as heck.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I could be happier about the size of Grayskull, things just look too cramped with heads almost touching ceilings or the entrance.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Warrior
    Of course it could always be bigger... but that's unrealistic and I am happy they're giving us what they advertised.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    It's an acceptable size, but I was hoping it would have been bigger.

No complaints about the front sculpt, the Four Horsemen impressed as always.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    It's an acceptable size, but I was hoping it would have been bigger.

No complaints about the front sculpt, the Four Horsemen impressed as always.
    I think the same but the entrance is a really problem since he-man couldn't be just under the door... It is ridiculous
    jawbridgeproblem.jpg
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'm thinking the actual size (dimensions) of CG looks ok to me but there are things that could do 'with a tune' since it's only early days. Hopefully Mattel will pick up on some positive suggestions.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    The overall size is exactly what I expected, and it looks great! There's jut a few tweaks and subtractions that will make it feel bigger:

1) Lower the Jaw Bridge hinge. The bridge needs to lie flat on the ground when opened (unless Matty's going to give us a platform on the other side for it to rest on). Lowering the bridge would give us the headroom we all want in the entryway.

2) Get rid of the prison walls. They take up so much room on the lower floor. and the trap door doesn't even line up with it. Poorly planned, and the dungeon room loses it's key feature (the creatures in the depths)

3) The Wind Raider base - this is clearly being shoe-horned in by management to try and cross-sell the failed Wind Raider vehicle. It's an awful concept and poorly executed/realized. Admit it doesn't work, move on, and use that tooling spot for something fans actually want.
    My MOTU Classics Wish:

The 2015 Subscription - C'mon people, we can do this! If you have any ability to sub, if you were going to purchase elsewhere, please, do it for the rest of us just one more time, so we can complete the vintage MOTU and POP toylines and finish on a high note!

We should start version 2 fan demanded CG. or threaten to not buy any more figures. or subs, for that matter take a stand. if this is the final product we're getting. im cancelling before it even arives.