175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes its perfect!

75 42.86%
  • No its too small!

98 56.00%
  • No its too BIG

2 1.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you happy with the size of castle grayskull?

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    The overall size should be an inch per lever taller seeing as how Roboto touches the floor with his head... but it's not a deal breaker.

However, the entrance should be a few inches taller!

Figures fitting through the door is a MAJOR issue. That is the #1 most important feature of both a playset and display set imho.

The door needs to be larger at the cost of the base section underneath where the door rests on. That base section underneath doesn't look right to begin with imo. It makes the door float which doesn't make sense and it'll be a lot more prone to breakage due to figure weight being rested upon it...

The door should be laying flat on the ground. So what if there are plans to release a future add-on in front of the bridge? Well, just have a flat section where the door fits in in that add-on! The entrance height is way more important and it really is a deal breaker for people...

It is the only problem I have with Castle Grayskull but it's a huge problem because I always wanted He-Man riding Battlecat through CG's door. I know that's not happening and I understand due to costs. BUT with the entrance being not tall enough to fit all standing figures is a bit much...
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    The overall size should be an inch per lever taller seeing as how Roboto touches the floor with his head... but it's not a deal breaker.

However, the entrance should be a few inches taller!

Figures fitting through the door is a MAJOR issue. That is the #1 most important feature of both a playset and display set imho.

The door needs to be larger at the cost of the base section underneath where the door rests on. That base section underneath doesn't look right to begin with imo. It makes the door float which doesn't make sense and it'll be a lot more prone to breakage due to figure weight being rested upon it...

The door should be laying flat on the ground. So what if there are plans to release a future add-on in front of the bridge? Well, just have a flat section where the door fits in in that add-on! The entrance height is way more important and it really is a deal breaker for people...

It is the only problem I have with Castle Grayskull but it's a huge problem because I always wanted He-Man riding Battlecat through CG's door. I know that's not happening and I understand due to costs. BUT with the entrance being not tall enough to fit all standing figures is a bit much...
    Agreed, point for point.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    I can't see it up close, so relying on pictures... too SMALL. Especially for the price.

And like others have said, cut away some of the base section. You don't need it to be that big. The drawbridge can't even lay flat!
    Last edited by TJRules; February 15, 2013 at 12:36pm.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

To me the scale is off anyway to make it $250....now, I see the floors are scale equivalent of like 7' tall, and to me, it's way too far off for my liking. That and the dungeon being too small....sorry this CG is not for me, since it's not in scale anyway, and I won't be playing with it, I'd much prefer the Icon Heroes statue, it's smaller, will fit nicely in my collection room and has all 4 sides and the top. And a FIlmation style bridge is coming as an add on.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Well for me CG is perfect in size and thats all that matters cause I am happy and cant wait till I get the Castle in december.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    The size doesn't really bother me, though I hope for some more tooling on the inside of the playset so the interior walls aren't so smoothly bland looking. It's not a make or break, but it would be nice for some inside details. Heck, the original Snake Mountain was able to do it.

Also, I really want that dungeon floor grating. I'm really hoping that the rumor of it being cut is just that.
    Not a rumor bud...

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/6901023408

..apparently it was never offered in the first place!
    But dont worry! You will get a sticker for it! ...and a big place to land your flying vehicle "inside" a closed off castle interior...

Heroic Warrior
    Way too small for the money... Not buying it as it is...

It can always be bigger, in my opinion, but I'm happy overall.
    My castle will be heavily played with- I have a 4 year old and a 1.5 old boy. It is for their Xmas next year.
    As is, the size to them will be mind-blowing! I can't wait. And the beauty of having kids is I get to play with the figures!
    Please see my arts gallery here: www.pcpfh.wordpress.com Have fun browsing!

The size is fine to me. I only wish the Jawbridge opening was a 1/2" bigger but it's not a deal-breaker for me. After thinking about it, I probably won't display it with the Jawbridge open since Castle Grayskull was almost always locked tight. Even for my displays, I will probably only show He-Man, She-Ra, or Skeletor standing on the Jawbridge itself and not directly in the doorway arch. So, in the end, it won't really matter if the opening is barely big enough...I only want it made bigger on principle alone.

So, for me, the main thing I want to know from SDCC is how many accessories are going to be packed in with the castle. It seems like Mattel realized that they couldn't make the castle the full size they wanted (I'd guess it had something to do with box dimension limits for shipping...), so they opted to throw in as much stuff as they could to add value to the $250 price tag. It's probably easier to add accessories than reduce the price and do partial refunds on all pre-orders.

If so, I want them to go all-out and include everything they showed at NYTF...It was about 24 items! However, they may have gotten over-zealous again with the amount of accessories. They already cut the dungeon grate before the reveals (It sucks that we saw a leaked pic of it, too!) and at least warned us that other accessories might not make the final cut. So, for now, I'll wait until SDCC and not stress over CG until we have the full details. It still looks cool to me and I hope it's a success for Mattel so that big items like this remain an option!

i'll live with it...but yeah, i would say it's too small. if by some chance they're able to do another CG, i would like to see one more filmation based.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    the outside is ok but the inside is way too small, synthalus you mentioned robotos head touching the top, did you notice he is crouching? maybe im spoiled with all the great playsets ive had over the years (ghostbuster tower, turtle sewer, metroplex) but it feels unfinished like they gave up halfway through
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Castle Grayskull is too small in my opinion.

I would have liked it bigger, but it is still AWESOME!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.