• Disappointed and Cancelling

14 8.38%
  • Disappointed but not Cancelling

16 9.58%
  • Undecided

27 16.17%
  • Totally Happy and Keeping my orders

63 37.72%
  • Unappy With Some stuff, but generally happy and keeping my orders.

47 28.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keeping Or Cancelling Your Pre-Order(s) For Castle Grayskull?

Keeping of course, this is the only Castle Grayskull that were gonna get.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

I voted "Unappy With Some stuff, but generally happy and keeping my orders"... I have two pre-orders, and I might cancel one of them and keep the other one.

And although I'm okay with the size shown, certainly I'm not totally thrilled with how the facade of the Skull turned out (1), and (2) I'm disappointed with the dismissal of the dungeon piece especially at this price!
    (3) They could've easily added a Point-Dread (Without the Talon-Fighter) instead of that stupid Wind-Raider dock piece inside the Castle! At least one day if they decided to get more vehicles into production, the Talon-Fighter could be a little more cost effective and cheaper to produce...
    There are other things to nitpick on, but I can easily live without them...

The final version at SDCC should give me a better idea whether to keep the second pre-order or not.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    I voted "Unappy With Some stuff, but generally happy and keeping my orders"... I have two pre-orders, and I might cancel one of them and keep the other one.

And although I'm okay with the size shown, certainly I'm not totally thrilled with how the facade of the Skull turned out (1), and (2) I'm disappointed with the dismissal of the dungeon piece especially at this price!
    (3) They could've easily added a Point-Dread (Without the Talon-Fighter) instead of that stupid Wind-Raider dock piece inside the Castle! At least one day if they decided to get more vehicles into production, the Talon-Fighter could be a little more cost effective and cheaper to produce...
    There are other things to nitpick on, but I can easily live without them...

The final version at SDCC should give me a better idea whether to keep the second pre-order or not.
    Im telling ya there are no words to exspress my anger. they show us something awesome then give us something else. unless I see some radical inprovements in the final production modell. as well as giveing us the size back. witch I severly dought, I will be cacelling my CG order and I have curently stoped collecting the line alltgether.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I would have liked a bigger drawbridge. but I can live with this.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Totally Happy and Keeping my orders is what i am picking cause I am.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Keeping my order. Hopefully some things will change (in a good way) between now and SDCC.

Quote Originally Posted by undeadplastic2711 View Post
    Not this guy, I don't understand all of the negativity. Some people are just never satisfied
    What no monster grate? If I'm paying 300 bucks I better be getting my monster grate. Don't be cheap Mattel
    My thoughts exactly, we are paying a pretty Pennie for this thing and they can't just include everything? I feel like punching Scott in the face right now
    Wow. No comment.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Honestly I don't know what would have pleased everyone! It's a playset we know will change over the course of its production. You know, when I was a (little) kid, I looked at these toys and this playset and saw perfection. The fact is this playset was perfect back then because of our imaginations and our drive for nostalgic glory today can't measure up to that. Mattel has an enormous task keeing up with the nostalgia we have for these things now, but yet, they have done an incredible job given the circumstances under which they've produced this line. And I can't hear any more about things like paint apps. I like good paint apps, but the old figures had these problems too and I never even saw them...they were perfect! You know what the real test is for this playset? Give it to your 6,7 or 8 year old and then let him tell you if its awesome or not. Both of my boys said, AWESOME! when they saw Dan's video with Scott. And I can't wait to get the 3 I ordered! The boys and I are going to have a blast!
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

It does not live up to the hype TG sent our way, but I'm happy with it over all. Or...happy enough. Another Castle Grayskull is always welcome and this one will be an amazing display piece! I'm glad they thought ahead about Point Dread...I'd pre order that too! Just put it out there and I'll click buy. Include the Talon Fighter with it and I will be as pleased as can be.

However, not pleased that there is much less space than promised in the doorway and I don't like the figures head's practically bumping into the ceiling inside.

For those that expect big changes to the interior etc before SDCC...just keep this in mind. They had a full year to fix Frosta and promised all would be well by her release.

Nuff said?
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Heroic Warrior
    Happy keeping.

Totally happy, but then again I don't have time to spend over analyzing every MOTUC toy that comes out.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

I have several nitpicks, especially the small entrance where a figure barely fits through but still happy enough to get a MOTUC Castle Grayskull to keep the preorder.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Mara, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Blast-Attak, Hunga the Harpy, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Dragstor, Imp, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn

Heroic Warrior
    What no monster grate?
    Scott has said the 4H made the grate for fun, but according to the 4H themselves this isn't actually true. It was intended to be part of the castle but then couldn't be included for cost reasons. Basically it was the first cut, even though we were actually promised no cuts.

The dungeon wasn't just made for fun... But they did have fun making it!
    Wouldn't be surprised to see it in a weapons pack down the road. That's my hope anyway.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I wouldn't want to see the grate included in a future Weapons Pak.
    Instead, I think a SKU could and should be created for 2014 that would be a first of its kind expansion pack for Castle Grayskull. It would include this 3-D dungeon grate, and if any other pieces that were shown at NYTF are cut from the final product, these would be included as well. If no other (or not that many) accessories are cut from the castle, then new items for Grayskull could be made. I'm thinking along the lines of: Filmation dimensional gateway diorama piece, some of the 200x line's Battle Station pieces like that battering ram and boulder catapult, etc. If they were smart, and this expansion pack was done the right way, it would even entice people who never bought Castle Grayskull to purchase it just to have some diorama type of pieces that could stand alone from the castle for display amongst their figures. Charge $40 or $50 for a pack like that. I'm sure it would please folks.
    They could even follow this pattern for Snake Mountain, Crystal Castle, Fright Zone, etc.

Keeping my order. But some things are a little lame. The WR stand inside CG?? Really? The trap door isn't over the dungeon so I guess they'll make a quick get a way through Grayskulls door. It'd be nice for a little more head room. Skulpted inside walls would be nice. CG Grayskull door should be bigger. Mmmmm....maybe I have too many constructive complaints. But I'm hoping things will be different at SDCC when the final reveal is shown. But in no way will I be passing on this piece.

I kept 2 and canceled 2 but it had nothing to do with the new dimensions. I think it looks AMAZING!!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I will be keeping my Castle Grayskull pre-orders.
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

Keeping my order! I can't wait to get it!!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!