View Poll Results: Are you happy with the size of the entrance of Castle Grayskull?

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

52 24.19%
  • No

163 75.81%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you happy with the size of the entrance of Castle Grayskull?

voted its fine. im not loosing sleep over it.

but would it be better as you illustrated? certainly. and if theres time to fix that, they should absolutely do it.

but again, if they dont wont bother me.

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I'm happy with teh size of the castle, but I would like it better if the Jaw Brindge sat lower, flush with the floor, giving us more room.
    Yes, please

Heroic Warrior
    I did the same as Uki with my big sausage fingers, I pressed yes instead of NO,
    so with Uki's and mine the vote should read...

30: yes
    92: NO
    cheers ZH

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    Exactly! I'll use this sentence in the first post!
    Thanks!
    My #1 most wanted figure in MotUC?
    - "Cloak & Dagger" Evil-Lyn (MYP) -

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    it is really a big problem.
    And we have to notice he-man is not just under the door he is a bit advanced.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I totally agree! The entrance should be a few inches taller!

The door needs to be larger at the cost of the base section underneath where the door rests on. That base section underneath doesn't look right to begin with imo. It makes the door float which doesn't make sense and it'll be a lot more prone to breakage due to figure weight being rested upon it...

This is the only problem I have with Castle Grayskull but it's a huge problem because I always wanted He-Man riding Battlecat through CG's door. I know that's not happening and I understand due to costs. BUT with the entrance being not tall enough to fit all standing figures is a bit much...
    Last edited by synthalus; February 14, 2013 at 08:54am.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    I never expected a mounted figure would have clearance. That's just outside the scale that we were given, and outside any realistic expectations for what is possible in a 7" scale.

Grayskull is essentially an ancient fortress, not a proper Medieval castle. The concept art is probably the best reference we could have for the intended size of the structure, with a moat and a bridge, but not one designed to span a giant chasm - simply a way to impair travel directly up to the castle gates.

That said, the bridge needs the extra length. By entrenching the hinge in the base, and elongating the front door, the bridge will lay lower and allow more headroom, it will rest flat on the floor rather than being raise an inch off the surface the Castle is sitting on, and the extra length will look better as a bridge designed to span at least more than a human-body length of water (or bottomless pit).
    My 2016 Wishlist:

2.0s: HE-MAN, Teela
    Filmation: KITTRINA, Vultak, Dylamug
    200x: VEENA, Prahvus
    NA: CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    Concept: RED BEAST, Tony Guerrero He-Man

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    the entrance is my disappointment.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I'm going to be happy to have the Castle but I do wish it was bigger. When opened up the side view looks okay (due to the way it opens adding a few extra inches of length). But the front view just looks like it should be more epic. Having the door bigger would go a long way to improve that. And the "Diving board" effect of having the door raised off the ground the way it is just doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by InspectorZartan; February 19, 2013 at 03:28am.
    TOP 44 WANTS
    VINTAGE:Peekablue/Dragstor/Perfuma/Saurod/Multibot
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak/Granita
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina/Ceratus
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/Dare/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndra

At face value, I think the castle looks fantastic, and is certainly going to make a great centerpiece for anyone who was willing to fork over the cash. I'm not happy with the entrance size issues either, but for some reason I don't feel like it's going to be addressed. If it's not changed, maybe a small 'support' piece that could go under the end of the Jawbridge (made to look like a slope, or some steps) to at least 'ground' the bridge. At the moment it looks like "Castle Grayskull - now with diving board!". If an effort was at least made then i'd be fine with it. As it stands now, it looks cool, but that bridge is a little janky.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

Heroic Warrior
    No. In every sense of the word.

I'm not getting it, I was thinking on it, but after seeing the prototype, forget it. The floors are too low, and it just looks stupid to me with the main opening to the castle being so small.

The sculpt is awesome as usual, but the dimensions are way off for the size figures it is being made to work with. I get it would cost a ton of dough for a more proportionate castle on a ratio of figure to Castle. It looks as if this is the Castle for Vintage figures to be used with. I like the overall aesthetic, as I said the sculpt is great, but it's too small for MOTUC figures to be properly displayed. In my opinion, and to me that's all that matters, since it's my opinion that would cause me to buy or not to. If it's fine for you, then it's fine for you, I'm happy you guys got your Castle finally.

SInce I prefer to display my figures a different way, I don't need a playset, I'd be just as happy wit a smaller version, like the Icon Heroes version, that has four walls and a roof.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

perfectly fine with the size of the castle

I'll wait til it's absolutely final to pass judgement. Like I'ce said earlier maybe they will heed some of our concerns and do something, Like shave down that rim under the Castle....
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Fixing ONLY the entrance of the CG is pretty easy imo and wont cost them money.
    Toyguru has to think we paid $300 each, that s an insane amount of money for something wrong like that.
    Last edited by bObA_fEtt_Ox; February 21, 2013 at 04:20pm.
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com

I am happy with the castle overall, but YES I do wish the Jaw Bridge would be 1-2 inches bigger by dropping it into the base. However, I will live if they don't because it is a BEAUTIFUL piece of work.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Heroic Warrior
    fix the Jawbridge!!!

i also agree, the entrance is way too small n tight. that should be fixed. the castle sculpt is just damn off da hook (minus the skinny window) , but the castle itself should have been a little taller.. i thought it was going to be the same height of the cardboard, what happened? that is bigger / taller

the figures just look too big or tall inside between the levels. the heads are almost touching. i'm sure some figures wont even fit.

this castle is perfect for the 80's figures, which i tend to use with

but back to poll.. Fix the entrance please
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

The size of the entrance is fine for me. I plan on having a figure standing on the edge of the drawbridge, not in the mouth, so it's not that big of a deal for me that He-Man's head would scrape the teeth walking out of the mouth. There are other pressing issues with the castle, like the useless Wind Raider stand inside the castle, and caped/winged figures not being able to take the throne (an impending King He-Man figure with no way to sit upon the throne... WTH?!), that are bugging me more about Grayskull than the size of the mouth/jawbridge.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Lowering the Jaw Bridge door into the base for a taller opening
    That's from Toy Guru, dudes!
    There will be a taller opening!
    We did it! I want to thank all of you for the support!
    As my avatar says: WHO DARES WINS!
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; March 1, 2013 at 06:21pm.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Heroic Warrior
    No I wasn't happy with it and I'm glad they're working to fix it.

I'm cool with the overall castle size though.

I'm not complaining, because no matter how big it is, I'd still prefer it bigger.