Thread: WTFWTK 2.100 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.100 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by The All American.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. Man-E-Beers: If Mattel deems Castle Grayskull a success, and more playsets are given a go, has there been any discussion on making the other two walls for a complete 4-sided castle? It would be a good way to include all the extra sculpted and requested additions that were left out of Castle Grayskull.

2. The All American: Will all the figures that need to be released in 2014 and 2015 to finish the vintage lines be sold via subscription only?

3. King Tamusk: Will a new Traveling Convention Exclusive for 2014 be shown at your SDCC Mattypalooza presentation this summer?

4. Loo-Kee: Castaspella will be the last Vintage POP character to be released for 2013 (or is she?). I know this next question might be a little in advance, but knowing you reworked the 2014 sub, how many Vintage POP characters are slotted for the 2014 sub? Thank you!

5. Super He-Man: Characters like the Widgets and Twiggets are larger than Orko and Kowl, but still smaller than the average figure. I certainly wouldn't want to pay full price per widget, but if you did them with limited articulation, would it bring the cost down enough to get a 2 or 3 pack for the usual single-figure price?

--------------

So ask those questions!

Are there any plans on releasing protective covers for MOTUC like Orko, Queen Marlena and Ram Man?
    The New King of Eternia
    Posted from Android app

DC Comics' new He-Man and the Master of the Universe comic starts this month. We've already seen a 5 page preview and a few of the covers. It looks like there are plenty of new character designs. Is there any chance any of them might find their way into the world of action figures in the next few years?

Movie mayhem!
    With the amazing success of the Veronica Mars kickstarter that has greenlit a movie to be made of a long dead tv show, what are the chances Mattel would try something like this to release a straight to DVD Season 3 wrap up animated feature or series of movies. When the live action movie comes out I'm sure we will get a new toon but it will be and honestly should be something new it makes sense. But many fans are still very passionate about the 200x series and crave it to be properly wrapped up. Can you see this ever happening perhaps with the help of a kickstarter? BTW the asked for 5.7 million even though they only asked for 2 mil
    Last edited by Patreek; April 17, 2013 at 02:46pm.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I know it was previously stated by Scott/ToyGuru on Roast Gooble Dinner that for possible future army builder packs such as the Horde Troopers, additional "day of" sale stock can be justified compared to other figures since these packs are items that people are more likely to by multiples of. However there's clearly been more of a push lately for everyone to subscribe with little to no 'day-of' stock, which seems to run against this concept. And while exact numbers are never revealed, it's generally understood that day of stock is based on making a certain percentage over the sub stock, and fewer subs were sold this year, but we are still waiting on what is arguably the most popular army builder pack to be released.

When/if you get to the Horde Troopers (or for any future army builder pack for that matter), could you consider also opening up a separate preorder, in addition to the subs, ahead of time to base production on, allowing fans to lock in the amount that they want? I don't think a 5 minute Horde Trooper sell out with no consideration for a reissue would go over well with most fans.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Ive been running a recent poll on He.Man.Org reguarding a Snake Mountain playset.

After recent podcast Scott mentioned that Snake Mountain may not be made until 2015 or beyond but also talked about rising costs in plastic etc..And that it seems everyone is in favour of completing the vintage figures first. With the rising prices sure to increase by 2015-2016 would it not make sense to make the Snake Mountain playset sooner than later and to ride the sucsess of Castle Grayskull? I think people would be more likley to carry on with the figures being more expensive in future rather than the problems and prices of Playsets.
    From my poll so far it seems like fans here really do want a Snake Mountain before costs rise too much more.

How can the 1987 movie characters be included in the Grayskull box art poll but not be made into figure form at this time? Wouldn’t you have to have the rights to even illustrate these characters? Thank you.
    Last edited by PIMPS ADAM; April 16, 2013 at 10:06am.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Looking back on the Search for Keldor mini-comic, Skeletor wanted to stop Randor from looking back in time and witnessing Keldor's fate, as in his own words "THey must never discover the secret of Keldor ... for tht knowledge could destroy me!"

Is it possible in the MOTUC bio-canon that if the Masters learnt of the merging of Keldor with Demo-Man, that the Spell of Separation could be used to free Keldor from Hordak's bottle demon?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    In the all-star focus for 2014-15, can you tell us, without naming names, if any NA characters that only appeared in the Jetlag cartoon are on the revised roadmap?
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

On pages 2 and 3 of the 2012 3rd mini comic, who are these 2 snakemen lurking in the background of the ultimate battleground? Are there any other new characters that have yet to be indentifled?
    unnamed long necked snakeman.jpg

The numbering to these questions is flawed. If the last round was 2.99, then next round should be 3.00, not 2.100 (that is a smaller number than 2.99 and not next in the chronological numbering sequence.)

Clawful and Whiplash are said to be "defeated" by Photog in his bio - will we find out more details about this in a future bio and does this mean that they are killed or captured?
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

I see Snake Face is already sold out which means yet again I have to go to eBay to buy this figure. I'm curious as to why Mattel doesn't use Similar numbers from Previous better known figurs to base it's next release on so people like me can buy them without paying eBay prices. I mean its not like you won't sell them if you make a few extras

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    All right, here's one that requires access to those archives where you dug out Skeleteen and the like. I am beginning to see bits and pieces in the original line that suggest Eldor may actually have been Adam--the coyness about his origin in the style guide and the cardback, the resemblance of his cloak to He-Man's disguise in "The Powers of Grayskull--The Legend Begins!", the similarity in his leggings and tunic to Adam's leggings, and the whole "you need this disguise for reasons that will become clear to you in the future!" bit. Am I completely off-base here, or was this actually the intent? (I'm quite sure you won't say anything about whether or not this is still true in Classics. )

In the past, there has been a fan/customer vote at the Mattypalooza presentation during SDCC; Swiftwind, Panthor, and Granamyr all had one. Will there be something new that panel attendees will get to vote for during your SDCC 2013 presentation?

Widget
    I want to know how much shelf space Castle Grayskull will require. What is the projected height of Castle Grayskull from base to the top of the flag pole?

Heroic Warrior
    By subscribing to Club Eternia, fans receive a club exclusive figure, like we got with King He-Man this year. However, when you tell fans weeks or months ahead of time that figures like Fang Man and the mystery 4th Club Filmation figure won't be available for Day of Sales, you automatically turn those figures into club exclusive figures. It's understandable at this rate why you want to have less of day stock when the line is basically a Club relying line. But since it has always been a matter of pulling the switch to pump out extra figures, why deliberately hold back these figures on DOS?

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I really love the Rock Warriors two pack but I am a bit worried that their bios never mention Granita or the possible landing of their people on Etheria. Should we assume that in the MOTUC mythos they never landed on Etheria? Should we also assume that Granita is not meant to be a part of MOTUC?
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Imp / Vultak / Hunga
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

It's nice that you've included Rokkon and Stonedar in MOTUC, but what about Granita? The trio struck me as the perfect three-pack that many fans have been asking for.
    Last edited by Scorpia; April 30, 2013 at 03:53pm.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Thank you so much for the Rock People reveal! A lot of people are excited about Stonedar and Rokkon - including myself. We're even MORE excited at the possibility of Granita, Facet and Cometroid. Could we expect these characters in 2014, 2015 or in a second Filmation sub?
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

What is the likelihood of there ever being a generic army builder Comet Warriors Two Pack, with a set of four different heads and some of the Rokkon & Stonedar rock armor offered in various colors?

can we make sure enough of the SDCC are made to go around? Maybe some extras for the Org? I know con items are meant as something special for those who attend but it would be a big shame if anyone on the Org missed out on such an awesome set!