Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Mattel have the movie rights? Possible sub?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'm guessing Mattel would keep Blade, Gwildor and Saurod in the regular sub, just like how there will still be some Filmation characters in that one even though we have a separate Filmation sub.

Would I want a Movie Sub with the remaining characters? Maybe if they included this too:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...extrabling.jpg

*wondering if I should test the waters for a Variants Sub* LOL
    That would be a great New Adventures She-Ra
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

I'd like to think Mattel have the rights to the rest of the movie characters, but they probably just included them on the list to keep as many folks as possible excited about Classics. And in the off-chance that any of them won, they would just disregard the votes like they have so many other times...LOL
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I want to buy KARG!!!!

He is the most iconic villain of the film without a figure. He have an amazing design.

And Pigboy (or Pigman because Mattel will not create a new buck for him) is also a good adition.

I WILL NOT BUY a movie sub, I dont want movie variants.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Hordak! Put me in MOTUC! Barbecue17's Avatar
    I'd definitely be all for a Det. Lubic figure. It'd be so ridiculously awesome.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I would pass on most movie figures, especially if it was a sub. I just don't think there's enough interest to further divide the subscription base.

Heroic Warrior
    I would hope they wouldn't waste resources on aquiring the rights to the movie. There is like what Karg who is worth making a figure of? I can't believe people want figures of ordinary people?

If they have the movie rights that would be cool. However, an additional sub just for movie characters seems unnecessary to me. Beyond Blade, Saurod, Gwildor, Karg, and some movie adaptations of existing characters (which are, let's face it, probably not likely to be made at this point), it doesn't seem like anything else would be very popular. The human Earthling characters would seem rather bland in my opinion. To each his own, however!

Last I heard they don't have the movie rights.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    Finger crossed!
    I need Karg and Lubic!

Movie figures sub:
    1 Blade
    2 Saurod
    3 Karg
    4 Gwildor
    5 Det. Lubic
    6 Skeletor Trooper
    We need 'em!

And I need also the Worruck... but there isn't in the 320 names list!
    THIS....all of this.... Way to go JoeyCruel, perfect list in my opinion.

I'm more interested in unique characters to the movie rather than movie versions of existing MOTU characters. We know Mattel can make at least 3 figures. Other than those 3, I just want Karg.

If Mattel makes a movie He-Man and makes a Laser Power He-Man, I really hope the skin tone matches because it would be a crime not to be able to slap a Dolph Lundgren He-man head onto Laser Power He-Man.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    See they screwed up with the Flimation rights by producing the Shadow beast and Queen Marlena and Catra in Full Flimation before publicly announcing the acquired rights.
    I don't think that's accurate. Catra they were able to do because of the style guide. Marlena appeared in the mini comics in a design very similar to her Filmation design with the only difference being the colors, and I believe it was stated at one point that they can color the figures pretty much anyway that they want. The Shadow Beast was perhaps the most questionable of all of these examples, since while they had the rights to make the Beasts since they were in the 200X cartoon, the design was quite a bit different. But there still might have been other reasons why they were possible.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    Gwildor, Blade, and Saurod will show up in the line eventually. Karg is the only non-variant that I'd want for the movie rights. After that, like everyone else has said, we need He-man, Teela, MAA, Skeletor, Evil Lyn, and Beast Man. I have no desire for the Earth characters in this line. Sorry, Lubic fans. However, Gwildor must come with a bucket of ribs. ;-)

Would a 1987 movie sub really work? I can’t see that many people going for it. IMO, the best looking movie characters can already be made (Gwildor, Blade and Saurod). I wouldn’t mind a Karg, but I won’t lose any sleep if we don’t get him. I don’t know, I guess that I’ve just never seen the big attraction. Would people really want Kevin and Julie figures? Even Lubic? And if so, in all honesty, how many people would want them? Enough to justify a whole subscription devoted to them? I just really can’t see the demand in a movie sub. I really don't think obtaining the movie rights is high up on Mattel's list of priorities.
    Last edited by Krueger; February 12, 2013 at 12:57pm.

I voted for Karg and Air Centurion after spotting them on that list, just for the heck of it.

There's definitely some movie figs I'd want, but I hope we don't see them sculpted in a movie style, like, say the 1966 Adam West Batman figures. I want to see the characters classicized so they fit in with the rest of the line. I'd only want new characters that haven't appeared in the line yet, like Blade, Saurod, Air Centurion and Karg (make Gwildor a sidekick figure), and no movie style figures of characters we already have. Also, I'd have no interest in the civilians, not even Lubic.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Snappy Threader
    I would love to get a Lubic fig. I think Lubic would be more of a novelty type figure, kind of like Songster in a way. I feel like Kevin and Julie wouldn't even be considered, but if Lubic is, it would be for the "pop culture following" he has in MOTU fandom. No different really than people who wanted Shokoti or Icer...... Lubic just has a cool air about him, Kevin and Julie...not so much. That's why I thought a 6 fig sub with Lubic, Blade, Karg, Saurod, Gwildor and a Skeletor Trooper would be cool. Maybe.....throw in a Pigboy or something.....but I do agree with some of my fellow posters, I don't need movie versions of He-Man, Teela etc....though I would enjoy if they made them for those who do need them.

Lubic, Karg, and Skeletor's troopers would be pretty cool to see made.

I could go a VERY long time without ever getting a Lubic figure!
    Sorry guys, but my all-in attitude has some limits! If the last figures ever made were a Lubic/NA Scientist 4-pack I'd be happy for everyone who got one.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Blade and Gwildor both made my final ten...

I don't think they have movie rights yet, but I would love to see a few more figures beyond the three we know they're allowed to make. Karg and Skeletor's soldiers would make cool additions to the line.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Heroic Warrior
    I'd almost rather have a movie character(one they can do, so Blade, Gwildor, or Saurod) by the end of the year vs another Filmation character or MYP character.

Lots of people want a Lubic figure, me included.

If he's made I wonder if he would be in his trench coat with shot gun or the Eternian garb we saw him don at the end of the film when he decided to stay in Castle Grayskull?
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Has to be trench coat and shotgun!
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Being able to get Karg and Lubic would be MOTUC insanity to a new level of awesomeness.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

MOTUC Most Wanted: General Sunder, Mermista, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Saurod, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ninjor, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Peekablue, Perfuma, Enchantress, Lord Masque.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Honestly I would rather see Skeletor's Troopers from the movie over his Filmation Robot Knights if there was to be a Evil Warriors army builder.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    As a HUGE fan of the 1987 MOTU movie, I would love to see a sub-line created for these characters. There are quite a few characters in that film who would look great as action figures. Skeletor's Dark Troopers and Air Centurions would be great army builders. Karg and Pig-Boy (who's real name is "Mata-Shai") would also look great as action figures.

Last edited by Captain Atkin; February 13, 2013 at 01:46am.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

I wouldn't be surprised if they got the rights finally but I can't see another extra sub at this time. Maybe after they exhaust Filmation options.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!