View Poll Results: Best Club Grayskull figure of 2016?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • He-Man!

8 9.76%
  • Skeletor!

27 32.93%
  • Trap-Jaw!

13 15.85%
  • Beast Man!

3 3.66%
  • Evil-Lyn!

3 3.66%
  • Clawful!

11 13.41%
  • Evilseed!

15 18.29%
  • None!

2 2.44%

Thread: Best Club Grayskull figure of 2016?

Best Club Grayskull figure of 2016?

After 30+ years of waiting, the fans of Filmation's He-Man and the Masters of the Universe cartoon show have finally been given figures that emulate their on-screen counterparts! So, after all of this time, the first wave has ended... and now we can vote for the best of the bunch!

Who is your favorite Club Grayskull figure from series one (2016)?

He-Man

Skeletor

Trap-Jaw

Beast Man

Evil-Lyn

Clawful

Evilseed

Let us know why in the thread below!
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I voted for Skeletor with Trapjaw. He-Man, and Beastman close behind.

Aside from the somewhat controversial ankle articulation, Skeletor simply looks awesome and his articulation functions quite well.

Beastman is near flawless and gets my vote for the second best.

He-Man has the ugly but very functional ankle articulation. He's a wonderful figure and the best He-Man toy ever made in my opinion.

Trapjaw is just not as cool to me as the Filmation Skeletor, plus the widespread issue of the derpy eyes.

Evil Seed is great, but slightly limited articulation knocks him down just a notch for me.

Clawful is a bit boring, the gap on the back of the head is also shockingly poor design by the 4H.

Evil Lyn is a QC mess and the only real loser of the entire sub.

Overall this is arguably the best sub after the 200x subscription in my opinion.

I hope we get at least 2 more Club Grayskull subs.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    They are all awesome and I really hope super7 will continue with the Filmation figures.
    But if I have to chose one I chose CLAWFUL.

Clawful and Tung lashor are for me the best Filmation variants for vintage figures.

If you want to vote for selecting Filmation figures here are the polls :

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...MATION-release

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ld-want-to-get
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

some are basically perfect but that cannot touch the satisfaction to finally see Skeletor realized in this manner. I could argue Beast Man or Trap Jaw are maybe more impressive, or in some way a more perfect execution, and I could agree with that arguement. However Skeletor has something in my heart the others do not have.

is he demonstrably the best? I dont know. I think maybe not. But he is the best to me.

- - - Updated - - -

some are basically perfect but that cannot touch the satisfaction to finally see Skeletor realized in this manner. I could argue Beast Man or Trap Jaw are maybe more impressive, or in some way a more perfect execution, and I could agree with that arguement. However Skeletor has something in my heart the others do not have.

is he demonstrably the best? I dont know. I think maybe not. But he is the best to me.

Trap Jaw was the figure that convinced me to sub for this line so he has to be my pick, He-Man and Evil Lyn don't really interest me but they're not bad figures, so they'd be at the bottom of the list and the others would be inbetween.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Skeletor!!! Finally a nice head with a filmation hood and boots. No more green bone face.

I voted for Skeletor, since I cant get my hands on a He-man
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lando452 View Post
    I voted for Skeletor, since I cant get my hands on a He-man
    Exactly the same here

Had to go with Skeletor. They were all great! My least favorite was Clawful but I understand that his difference from toy to cartoon was so great that Filmaton Clawful needed his own cartoon version. But something about that Skeletor figure just pops and I can here Oppenheimer's voice cackling forth.

Beastman and Trap Jaw, really wowed me too.
    Evil Lyn looks amazing but the many paint app issues dropped her down a notch for me, great sculpt though.
    Evil Seed is a home run on all accounts and really adds some nice variety to the collection.
    He Man is fantastic. It's an amazing figure.
    Clawful is spot on but I just find him a little bland. Many Classics enthusiasts have made that comment about the entire Grayskull line and I disagree, however despite the shading on his tunic Clawful just comes across as little flat.
    Last edited by MJOLNIR; January 3, 2017 at 05:22pm.

Widget
    My vote would be Beastman. Besides looking spot on, the painted nails and teeth knock it out of the park. Plus he was the only one I could get-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sabin View Post
    My vote would be Beastman. Besides looking spot on, the painted nails and teeth knock it out of the park. Plus he was the only one I could get-
    Why didn't you cast your vote?

Beast Man is still sitting at zero...

Widget
    The Tapatalk app wasn't showing the poll. I voted for Bestie now

I was going to go for Skeletor, but I would have liked two hands for holding things and maybe a slightly shorter staff. I went for Evilseed instead, because he's just PERFECT. I can't think of a single thing to change or add. Everyone else is good, but there's always one little thing I would have liked, here or there.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Trap Jaw. He is my favorite character and came out awesome.

I still can't get over those ankles on he-man.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdude

Looks like so far I'm the solo Evil Lyn fan lol!
    Despite some of the QC issues, she really looks good holding her wand and crystal!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Looks like so far I'm the solo Evil Lyn fan lol!
    Despite some of the QC issues, she really looks good holding her wand and crystal!
    Yay! Now everyone has received at least one vote!

Seriously though, I totally agree with what you're saying... the sculpt is really well done, and with a proper paint job, Evil-Lyn would be right at the top of the list I think. I personally don't think she turned out as bad as some people were saying. I was fortunate enough to receive two that were about as flawless as I've seen circulating the internet...

I chose Clawful.

I wanted to be more excited about this line, but I feel like there were many design flaws, quality issues, and I feel like they were made with inferior materials. This was likely due to Matty not being headed by anyone for much of the year and the low price point. I hope with Super7 making these now that they will pay better attention to the quality of these figures and I'll be happier with the results of the new figures.
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Heroic Warrior
    HE-MAN! It was close between He-Man and Skelly, both have equally top-notch head-sculpts, but...I find He-Man slightly more interesting visually. Maybe because he has a little more color variation.

Is He-Man not getting votes due to the ankle situation? I guess that's understandable, though unfortunate. The ankles just don't bother me that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Etherius Eterno View Post
    HE-MAN! It was close between He-Man and Skelly, both have equally top-notch head-sculpts, but...I find He-Man slightly more interesting visually. Maybe because he has a little more color variation.

Is He-Man not getting votes due to the ankle situation? I guess that's understandable, though unfortunate. The ankles just don't bother me that much.
    I can't speak for others, but the ankle joints used on the Club Grayskull He-Man figure are absolutely atrocious and Mattel should have NEVER let a flagship character like He-Man get released with such a glaring design error. On top of the joints themselves, the calves as a whole are entirely too thin - giving him a stretched and skinny lower leg that just doesn't jive with the bulky upper torso.

Other than the ankles, I really think that this figure would be a home run... unfortunately, I cannot overlook them. My hope is that Super7 will re-release He-Man as part of a two-pack, or call him "Filmation Faker" or something to rectify Mattel's mistake... sadly, if that happens, I'll be stuck with the three I've got sitting in their boxes right now...

I almost went for Evil Lyn because I love her as a character, but Skeletor squeaked ahead slightly because as Mjolnir said, I could hear Oppenheimers cackling laugh, or some sort of insult being thrown at his henchmen. He is the version of the bad guy I have been waiting years for. I think the not-so-great paint apps is also what held Evil Lyn back as well, although mine was not as bad as some others that people have posted on here.

This line is FUN and it got me excited about collecting MOTU products again. I guess I was getting a little burnt out on the classics line, so this was a refreshing change. Of course, I have Shecky to thank for me being able to enjoy these figures, he hooked me up! Cheers!
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

For me it was Skeletor, but Evil Seed was a VERY close second for me. If I had to rank them in order I'd say Skeletor, Evil Seed, Trapjaw, Clawful, Beast Man, Evil Lyn and He-man. I just really didn't like the He-man head sculpt. Something about the face, it just wasn't doing it for me.
    Some of the best accessories though. That Horn of Evil? Awesome. Corodite Crystal, also awesome!!

I have to vote for Evilseed; he's the only one I bought. The others are represented in my collection with their far superior (in my opinion) Classics counterparts. Evilseed here is my preferred look for the villain, though I imagine his 200X look is a later form of his.

That said, thanks to member Degra, I managed to get the cool Filmation bonus accessories\s from all but He-Man, whose sword-holder rock thingie is something I still hope to track down.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Heh, Skeletor, no contest. Filmation style Clawful was the one I wanted the most (and truth be told, only along with Tung Lashor, if they do him) but Skeletor was just SO GOOD I had to get him.

For me,

-Skeletor, easily. He's perfect ( provided his ankles are correct. )

-Beastman the runner up, also flawless, from the pictures I didn't imagine I'd like him as much as I do.

-Trapjaw third. Very appealing figure! He didn't come with his hook and claw though, and hides his embarrassing ankle failure beneath his shin guards.

-Evil-Lyn comes in fourth. I was lucky to get one with somewhat decent paint ( it seems the job on most is in some way unacceptable ) but her switched forearm gauntlets are unfixable owing to slightly different wrist sockets/hand plugs. Cool coridite crystal!

Clawful fifth. Excellent fig with nice accessory ( horn of evil ) but has less nostalgic appeal for me personally.

Ah, Evil seed. My first club filmation figure. I wanted to rank him first too... Instead, I'll at least do him the justice of not ranking him at all. He played an evil trick on me today you see. His awesome rubbery vine accessory appears to be subject to rapid deterioration! Or at least the part that you fit over a figure. Hopefully it's just mine. I flexed it earlier and noticed little splits all through it! Curse you evil seed!!

As for He-Man, I don't have him and don't really want him unless his ankle gap is eradicated, so he shall have to rank last until then. At such time he may even become affordable.