View Poll Results: Should Matty offer a 2-pack featuring improved Filmation He-man and Skeletor figures?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 50.94%
  • No

26 49.06%

Thread: Support for a He-Man Vs. Skeletor Filmation 2-pack!

Support for a He-Man Vs. Skeletor Filmation 2-pack!

Support for a He-Man Vs. Skeletor Filmation 2-pack!
    As impressive as the new Filmation figures are, there have been a number of noteworthy complaints about their design. With many fans upset by He-Man's fast sellout time, would MOTU fans be pleased to see Mattel offer a Filmation two-pack of He-Man and Skeletor, which would give Four Horsemen Studios an opportunity to improve on the figures, much like they did with the new ThunderCats Classic figures based on fan input? The 2-pack could be produced in a large enough quantity to satisfy fan demand.

Some improvements could include:

* Classics style ankles for both He-Man and Skeletor.
    * Packed in fixed boots for other Filmation figures suffering from rocker ankles?
    * Cartoon-accurate havok staff design.
    * Cartoon-accurate Power Sword suitable for He-Man's hand grip.
    * Black on the inside of Skeletor's hood.
    * Different accessories (Faker head, flat gray bone sword, silver Power Sword)?

Please share your thoughts and support!

Heroic Warrior
    Yes oy if it doesn't take away slots for as yet released filmation variants like fisto whiplash teela merman Hordak etc

please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

I voted yes, but honestly Mattel can just fix the ankles and reissue He-man and skeletor separately in their cool new packaging as evergreen Items on Mattycollector. Mattel stated they wanted these to last and bring awareness to the line for new people so they would need to reissue these and with the corrected ankles.
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

They should do it not on Mattycollector, but for Specialty Retail shops (like Comic Book Stores, collector's section at TRU, Hot Topic, etc.) That way they have the iconic guys at retail to lure the people to Matty (with a provided insert with a link to Matty. Maybe add a coupon to sweeten the deal) and spread the word about the Filmation sub-line.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    They should do it not on Mattycollector, but for Specialty Retail shops (like Comic Book Stores, collector's section at TRU, Hot Topic, etc.) That way they have the iconic guys at retail to lure the people to Matty (with a provided insert with a link to Matty. Maybe add a coupon to sweeten the deal) and spread the word about the Filmation sub-line.
    I was browsing around FYE the other day looking at all the assorted figures and collectables and was thinking that they could probably sell a few Filmation He-Man's at the store. This 2 pack would be a great idea for testing the retail waters, there's a ton of less-well-know nostalgia based collectables at retail now, why not He-Man in one of his most recognizable versions?
    Hey Matty, Snake Mountain rocks! Please don't downsize it!

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    YES!

This would be a perfect way to:
    -Put Filmation-styled figures in a retail store (like the DC vs. MOTU 2-packs)
    -and to fix all of the mistakes that they made on their first try.

Personally, it would be worth it just for the corrected ankles...
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Yes I'm in !!!!
    And personnaly I thought that's a great idea because that could help to sell way better the Club Grayskull line, since you absolutely need the Main characters to be perfect
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> CA Heroic warriors He-man/Teela/Ramman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> CA Evil Warriors Skeletor/Faker/Beastman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> US Evil horde Hordak/Leech/Mantenna 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

at least for ankles problem i am ok

I voted No...

Another set of standard Filmation He-Man & Skeletor is excessive and unnecessary, IMO. One big critique of the 2015 line-up was that it was too variant-heavy but at least each one was different to complete the vintage line. I'd rather spend my money on new figures than a set of re-issues that I already have.

Going back to the Classics ankles would be a downgrade and a bad idea, I feel. The new ankles are fine, they just need to have the gap fixed, that's all. After playing around with various poses, I wish that all of MOTUC had this type of articulation. Figures like Lord Dactus and King Chooblah would've benefited greatly by it.

I'm not fussed enough by the accessories to make me want to spend the extra money, either. I'd rather buy a Filmation-inspired weapons pack instead.
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

nah, specifically for the "problems" you refrence.

I am not suggesting you are wrong about your opinions of how you see these issues, only that they are not issues, problematic, nor bad in my eyes. Specifically I love the highly articulate ankles.

So if there were to be changes, no, absolutely not.

If they wanted to do a Toys R Us 2 Pack exclusive to bring attention to the line or scratch an itch in collectors who would be 100% more likely to get FIlmation toys than the previous CLassics version that saw retail sure. I loved the Toys R Us 2 packs and though they didnt sell great I think these would sell better.

But I would not want to see any changes particularly.

Frankly I think additionally the He Man & Skeletor should specifically be evergreen items as is.

Well I missed the sale, so this might be my best chance to get both figs so Id like a set!
    Better ankles would also be great.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I was browsing around FYE the other day looking at all the assorted figures and collectables and was thinking that they could probably sell a few Filmation He-Man's at the store. This 2 pack would be a great idea for testing the retail waters, there's a ton of less-well-know nostalgia based collectables at retail now, why not He-Man in one of his most recognizable versions?
    exactly! you go to those kinds of stores and you see NECA movie figures, couple of WWE, DC collectibles, Marvel Legends, Diamond Select items, some Funko lines. Sometimes I've seen that some people see the figure, take it and buy the movie/series where that toy came from as well. Tossing the Iconic He-Man with Skeletor on a Retail pack would be a win-win! for Mattel.

To this day there's people unaware of Mattycollector and the toylines sold there. Mattel's done a poor job of promoting Matty. Sure they have the Mattycollector Logo on the TDKR Superman, but only the logo with no explanation.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Again: RED boots and trunks!
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude-ator View Post
    Well I missed the sale, so this might be my best chance to get both figs so Id like a set!
    Better ankles would also be great.
    That would for sure and with improved ankles and more accessories that would be way better
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> CA Heroic warriors He-man/Teela/Ramman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> CA Evil Warriors Skeletor/Faker/Beastman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> US Evil horde Hordak/Leech/Mantenna 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    That would for sure and with improved ankles and more accessories that would be way better
    yeah! Like He-Man getting his grappling hook and rope. That's the most Filmation accessory they could have given He-Man, but they did not. The two pack would be a great way to add this key filmation accessory to our collections!