View Poll Results: What is the 2016 FIGURE OF THE YEAR?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lord Masque

0 0%
  • He-Man (FILMation)

9 9.00%
  • Vultak

1 1.00%
  • King Hssss (Serpentine)

0 0%
  • Trap-Jaw (FILMation)

1 1.00%
  • Darius

4 4.00%
  • Skeletor (FILMation)

4 4.00%
  • Crita

5 5.00%
  • Despera

2 2.00%
  • Beast Man (FILMation)

0 0%
  • Evil Seed

2 2.00%
  • General Sunder

4 4.00%
  • Wilykat

0 0%
  • Wilykit

0 0%
  • Nightstalker

8 8.00%
  • Evil-Lyn (FILMation)

0 0%
  • Lion-O

7 7.00%
  • Tuskador

14 14.00%
  • Horde Wraith

4 4.00%
  • Pumyra

0 0%
  • Mumm-Ra

5 5.00%
  • Clawful (FILMation)

4 4.00%
  • Anti-Eternia He-Man

14 14.00%
  • Panthro

2 2.00%
  • Granamyr (green)

3 3.00%
  • Beastman (red)

1 1.00%
  • Camo Khan

2 2.00%
  • Skelkon

4 4.00%

Thread: MOTUC Figure of the Year

MOTUC Figure of the Year

What is your choice for FIGURE OF THE YEAR from Mattel's collector lines?

For the heck of it, I'm including ThunderCats among the options.
    Last edited by Wakko; December 22, 2016 at 04:26pm.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS TOY GUIDE
    Featuring bios, information, accessories, release dates, pictures and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Hard poll for me. I was torn between which figure I had desired to see forever, most innovative figure and sculpt, and coolest idea.

I eventually went with Nightstalker because I was excited to get the release since I thought it might not happen before the line went dead.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    The best (and totally surprise) release of the year for me has been the Roton+Skelcon. The Skelcon figure is really nice, and the Roton is superb. Since the Roton is not included among the poll options, I voted for Skelcon.

OTOH, the biggest let-down of the year for me has been, hands down, Filmation Trap Jaw: ghastly underdetailed (he even makes the most criticizedly underdetailed Classics figures, like Strong Arm or Shokoti, look good by comparison), plus lacking his most important accessory to top it all.... ugh!
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    Tuskador was my No.1 this year. Huge, awesome detail, heavy, unique.. I LOVE him!
    MASS REJECTION
    www.facebook.com/massrejection

Wanted in Collector's Choice:

Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Attack Trak, Hoove, Mini-comics Tri-Klops.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    This is tough.

Lots of long awaited figures came this year. Figures that I've been waiting 30 to be done properly. Filmation accurate He-Man, Skeletor, Trap Jaw and Clawful. With ThunderCats, the Mattel line blows the LJN line out of the water. Lion-O, Panthro, Wilykit and kat, Mumm-Ra and Jackalman.

There are the impressive figures such as Horde Wraith, Darius and Tuskador too.

I'll have to come back after Christmas to share which figure I thought was best! (Clawful isn't here yet and I'm going to mass open lots of figures on Christmas).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    OTOH, the biggest let-down of the year for me has been, hands down, Filmation Trap Jaw: ghastly underdetailed (he even makes the most criticizedly underdetailed Classics figures, like Strong Arm or Shokoti, look good by comparison), plus lacking his most important accessory to top it all.... ugh!
    What's Filmation Trap Jaw missing...his hook?

Evil-Lyn was the Stinkor of the year for me. The paint smudges and wobbly head were terrible! Pumyra being so tall is another problem.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

I voted Green Granamyr because he was the best figure I got this year in terms of QC and level of detail. Runner up to Filmation He-Man and Skeletor.

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    Where is Roton ??? Because of that, I choose Nightstalker

Anti-Eternia He-Man. I`ve known him since my childhood, it`s great to finally have a figure of him.
    MOTUC Most Wanted : Attak Trak, Masks of Power Demons, Alcala-Style Figures

Filmation Skeletor, Vultak or Darius.
    MOTUC Wish List: FILMATION MER-MAN, Filmation Leech, Hunga the Harpy, Lady Slither, Crystoll, King Micah/Red Knight, Filmation Whiplash.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    To me, that She-Ra doll would be the overall figure of the year.

If it's MOTUC or TCC only, then I have to go with Mumm-Ra.

Totally Dyslexic
    Went with Crita!

She is not the best figure when it comes to execution but she simply deserved a figure after so many years. So i simply had to give her the honor of naming her my 1 for 2016
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

There were alot of great figures this year, but I had to go with Horde Wraith without hesitation. What an awesome figure he turned out to be!
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

This is a tough choice!

My three choices are between Darius, Tuskador, and Clawful... (CG He-Man might have stood a chance, but those ankles are something Mattel should be ashamed of for the rest of time. For me, they ruin the whole aesthetic of the figure.)

I am really leaning toward Tuskador (he is one beefy, bad*** figure!) The New Adventures MOTUC figures are always something to look forward to... not a bad one in the whole, albeit small, bunch. But, I'm going to wait until my Skelcon gets here (not really interested in the Roton) before placing my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    TOTOH, the biggest let-down of the year for me has been, hands down, Filmation Trap Jaw: ghastly underdetailed (he even makes the most criticizedly underdetailed Classics figures, like Strong Arm or Shokoti, look good by comparison), plus lacking his most important accessory to top it all.... ugh!
    Isn't the whole point of the Club Grayskull figures to be Filmation accurate? The cartoon designs are purposefully under-detailed for the sake of animation... I think that the 4H and Mattel did a fine job with Trap-Jaw - as far as a representation of the 80's show.
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Skelcon, in a hearbeat!!
    I soOo looove monsters of all kinds... besides,
    the Ladybird franchise is so under-represented to date.
    I think this figure is probable the most unexpected to have been produced in the Classics line.
    I need more of that type of character.
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Flee The Moon" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8qrmaFmq0

I don't have the Roton/Skelcon.... it really has to be a bit cheaper... so my vote is Tuskador... This is a figure I never even really heard of nor wanted, and the thing is just amazing!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    1) He-Man Filmation
    2) Skeletor Filmation
    3) Evilyn Filmation
    4) Beastman Filmation
    5) TrapJaw Filmation
    6) Clawfull Filmation
    7) Evil Seed Filmation
    8) Lion O
    9) Mumm Ra
    10) Panthro

1.) Camo Khan
    2.) King Hsss (the figure itself was a turd but the snake torso completing 200X King Hsss ranks this otherwise piece of crap figure pretty high on the list.)
    3.) Superman
    4.) Batman
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I dont want to vote for Tuskador...

I want to vote for Crita, or Darius, or Nightstalker, or Roton,

I was a hairs breadth away from choosing Lion O,

I briefly considered Despara or General Sundar,

... but man when I had him in hand, when I saw the amazing sculpts and details, the sheer ridiculous majesty of what I had considered (in it's vintage era) a hideous toy and concept, and which still is horribly over the top, I can not deny the joyful exuberance that I feel when I see that massive ludicrous action figure realized in plastic.

Dang it, it's Tuskador.

Man, who would've ever predicted that Anti-Eternia He-Man and Tuskador would be the front-runners in this poll!
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS TOY GUIDE
    Featuring bios, information, accessories, release dates, pictures and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Man, who would've ever predicted that Anti-Eternia He-Man and Tuskador would be the front-runners in this poll!
    This comment holds more weight than you think!

When you look at the list of figures in this very poll, the fact that Tuskador, Crita, and Darius have all garnered favorable votes speaks volumes for the New Adventures era!

I certainly hope that Super7 takes note on how well-done all of the NA characters have translated to MOTUC and continue to offer the rest of the vintage NA line in their figure roadmap.
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Even though I don't have a Skelcon in hand to decide, I will say that Camo Khan was the best MOTUC figure this year for me. Even though he's just a repaint, he is a friggin' cool repaint!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Really tough choice for me between Darius and Tuskador, but at the end of the day I just had to go with Tusky. That guy just took over as the centerpiece of New Adventures.

Hard to decide! I'm very impressed with the Thundercats line, especially Panthro and Mumm-ra! OTOH, Motuc produced such amazing figures like Tuskador, Darius, Filmation Evil Seed, AE He-man and the beast Nightstalker!

Since I had to choose one I went with the one that purely surprised me in terms of sculpt and figure execution: Tuskador!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2018: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man

Why is this poll closed so early? Many international fans only just received their December figures. I didn't get the chance to vote.