Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PIXEL DAN & TOYGURU NYTF 2013 Grayskull & Figure walkthrough video!

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar

PIXEL DAN & TOYGURU NYTF 2013 Grayskull & Figure walkthrough video!

About to watch

Will post EXCITING notes and OBSERVATIONS below!!!
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

I dunno if I'm ready for this.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Nice!!

Some new points to notice!
    1. Scareglows key will open the back door!
    2. Grayskull throne will have a slot for the Sorceress wings to fit into!
    3. No 3D Dungeon sculpt... "Sticker now" BUT possible 3D dungeon packin set coming seperate later.
    4. Plug holes for FFM chest symbols are Not INTO the chest cavity of the figure.
    5. White Horde Crossbow WILL NOT BE in the weapons pack. [seperate item].
    6. Rattlor Armor Confirmed WILL be comign in the Weapons Pak.
    7. Blister MOC holders come 4 per pack.
    8. Stackable stands come 3 per pack.
    Last edited by Replikor; February 12, 2013 at 07:37am.

Heroic Warrior
    All looks good, except for the stackable stands. Not nearly as cool as the WWE ones. Too thin to get good display options.

Also did he say the CG spacesuit will be hollow?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post

I Love these two points!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Nice!!

I wish I could believe him, but earlier in the day he said they are still looking into it, and as TG loves to remind us he isn't design so how did he get confirmation? TG is also the guy that promised us that She-Ra would fit onto Swiftwind before his release and we all know how that worked out.

J

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfanar View Post
    All looks good, except for the stackable stands. Not nearly as cool as the WWE ones. Too thin to get good display options.

Haven't watched yet, but in his presentation of the castle, shown in other videos, yes, the spacesuit & computer banks will be hollow (cost-saving, cheaper hollow than solid).

I thought the staff that Icer comes with is the staff of Avion. Is it not?

Boo @ getting no info. or hints on the crossbow and mask.

Is the info. (starting at 14:25) about the NA villains originally being developed for He-Ro, Son Of He-Man, and NA He-Man in armor starting out as Dare, something the fan base has known for awhile now? It seems new to me, yet vaguely familiar.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I bet the staff is coming with hawke

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Big thanks to Pixel Dan for always coming through for us - another great video!

Thanks for the video Dan!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Is the info. (starting at 14:25) about the NA villains originally being developed for He-Ro, Son Of He-Man, and NA He-Man in armor starting out as Dare, something the fan base has known for awhile now? It seems new to me, yet vaguely familiar.
    I had hard a rumbling before about the armor NA He-Man wore as being refered to as "Dare" armor back in the original-original NA proposals, but didn't know it was originally going to be Son of He-Man in NA. Interesting!
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Sure it is the Filmation Staff of Avion wich comes with Icer. But there is another Staff of Avion in the mini Comics. So maybe Scott muddle up.

Heroic Warrior
    Nice!!

3. No 3D Dungeon sculpt... "Sticker now" BUT possible 3D dungeon packin set coming seperate later.
    4. Plug holes for FFM chest symbols are Not INTO the chest cavity of the figure.
    1. Doubt the key will open the door, but fit in a slot by the door
    2. They are looking into having slots for the Sorceress's wings, this is not guaranteed.
    3. Yep
    4. Cool that they are in the armor, I imagine they are interchangable betwwen figures? Would be cool if Batros's armor had this feature to switch out his bat logo with a Horde symbol
    5. Unknown figure at this point? The much rumored Calix? Or possibly a Filmation Hordak outside the sub (unlikely I would think)?
    6. Yep
    7. Yep, I may be interested in these if they ever go on sale? $12-$15 plus shipping is a bit more than I'd like to pay.
    8. Wonder what the pricepoint will be?

Thanks Dan, always love the walkthroughs, couple of things that would have liked more info about. The inside of Grayskull will it have more sculpting to look like the outside? Will the Castle have anything not shown? Will the Jetpack go on a figure? The symbols on the FFM are they interchangable with each other, mean having the same plug ins? Could Batros receive this for his armor to switch out the bat symbol with a Horde emblem?

Great Video.....Thanks Dan!
    Still torn on the Foe Men.....ugh......sell, keep, rebuy......what to do.......expensive yet cool yet unnecessary yet what is?!?!
    Not the Staff of Avion....looks just like it though. I think I may use it as a substitution anyway.
    Interesting about Dare. I do hope they make him someday though.

Heroic Warrior
    Nice!!

1: Awesome! Every time I look at CG, I want to pre-order. Haven't bit the bullet yet, but probably won't be able to hold out much longer.
    2: Hopefully they can make this work. It's her throne, after all!
    3: Not something I really care about, but cool if they offer it down the line for those who want it.
    4: Best news ever! Pretty much anyone can be a member of the Horde now. I especially like that Dittstroyer's symbol is attached to his cape! Batros needs this feature as well!
    5: Filmation Hordak at some point, we just don't know when.
    6: We already knew about this, but it's still cool that they're doing it.
    7: I open my figures, so I don't care. But I'm happy for the MOC collectors!
    8: Not sold on these at all, but who knows. I bought a bunch of the Grayskull stands and don't even use them.

9: Now, what's this about the staff that comes with Icer *not* being the Staff of Avion?? It's a dead ringer. If it's not that, then what the heck is it? You have an opportunity to give him a Filmation accessory, and you don't do it? Argh!
    10: NA He-Man characters were originally He-Ro Son of He-Man characters? That's pretty cool, and puts a new spin on things. No wonder NA He-Man had a ponytail.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Boo @ getting no info. or hints on the crossbow and mask.

I had not heard this before, but Scott was explaining to Val and I off camera that this is all in one of the Bible's Mattel has, where they were proposing the show as "Son of He-Man" and ultimately changed it to "New Adventures." I think he plans to reveal more info on this at some point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I also thought it was. In fact, I'm pretty sure it is. *shrugs*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    I wish I could believe him, but earlier in the day he said they are still looking into it, and as TG loves to remind us he isn't design so how did he get confirmation? TG is also the guy that promised us that She-Ra would fit onto Swiftwind before his release and we all know how that worked out.

J
    He did say he that he thinks they are looking into a slit in the chair. He didn't confirm it. He's just hoping for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dolfanar View Post

Yes, the Space Suit will be hollow on the back, as will the computer screens.

It's just meant as a decoration. This does not at all mean an actual figure of the Space Suit is off the table. Scott told me he still wants to get to it, but it'll be a ways down the road since the next year is dedicated to the vintage characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Thanks Dan, always love the walkthroughs, couple of things that would have liked more info about. The inside of Grayskull will it have more sculpting to look like the outside? Will the Castle have anything not shown? Will the Jetpack go on a figure? The symbols on the FFM are they interchangable with each other, mean having the same plug ins? Could Batros receive this for his armor to switch out the bat symbol with a Horde emblem?
    I can answer some of these.

-The Castle will not include anything else that was not shown. Everything there is it. In fact, Scott mentioned that the Dungeon piece, while amazing looking, was never intended to be part of the Castle. The Horsemen sculpted it on their own (as they often do). And while he and Mattel love it, they only costed for a sticker. I think he was sort of bummed MTV Geek showed off that Dungeon piece sculpt, because now it looks as though it was pulled fromt he Castle when in fact it was never to be included. He does want to get it released at some point, and I really hope he does!

-The inside of the Castle will not have sculpting like the outside. It's a hollow shell like the vintage playset. If you guys remember, he and the Horsemen have been saying this all along.

-I'm unsure about the Jet pack and how it atatches to the fitgures. That's a question I definitelys hould have asked. Sorry!!

-I believe the symbols on the FFM all have the same shaped peg piece, but I'm not 100% sure. Shield Maiden's may be slightly smaller.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

re: Staff of Avion

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I also thought it was. In fact, I'm pretty sure it is. *shrugs*
    I rewatched the Icer episode last night (*shudder*), and the staffs (staves?) given to the workers at the weather station that Icer infiltrates look a LOT like the Staff of Avion. So it could well be that this staff is episode-specific to Icer, and not the Staff of Avion at all.

Here's a cap from the episode:

ice01.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    -The inside of the Castle will not have sculpting like the outside. It's a hollow shell like the vintage playset. If you guys remember, he and the Horsemen have been saying this all along.
    I seem to remember this being an "up in the air" point depending on costs, but to be honest I didn't expect it. But to be honest, I'm glad it's not going to be sculpted inside, in some ways. I would prefer to have more room on the inside. I was happy to hear that the the throne will be able to sit farther back.

Heroic Warrior
    Dan, can you ask Scott why the bendy plastic used on vintage figures like Sssqueeze is still ok to this day, and does not deteriorate like he keeps saying? He really bugs me with his bendy plastic excuses.

Heroic Warrior
    TG said it was Vykron in the clam shell, when actually it was me, Vikor!!!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IrrepressibleDH View Post
    Dan, can you ask Scott why the bendy plastic used on vintage figures like Sssqueeze is still ok to this day, and does not deteriorate like he keeps saying? He really bugs me with his bendy plastic excuses.
    I honestly don't think we're going to get any other answer. Me asking him again isn't going to change anything. Sorry! I don't know why they don't use the King Hsss bendy either, but at least the tentatcles on Octavia have really nice ball joints. I like that.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    It most definitely IS the Staff of Avion...

Quote Originally Posted by IrrepressibleDH View Post
    I imagine part of the issue is that even though figure X's material might be okay right now, it may not stay that way. And that doesn't guarantee that the material for figure Y WILL be okay. Part of the problem is that the plastics and materials available these days have changed formulas in some cases. Even if you knew exactly what plastic was used on Sssqueeze, say, you might not be able to get it now.

I think it's a bummer too and I wish they could make it work, but I am happy with how Octavia worked out. My hope for Sssqueeze is, if they can't make bendy work, that they include interchangeable arms. One pair could be very elongated. Another pair could wrap around in a coil. Those are the two basic modes I'd need. And I think it'd be worth the extra effort since that's Ssqueeze's main "thing."