Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PIXEL DAN & TOYGURU NYTF 2013 Grayskull & Figure walkthrough video!

Quote Originally Posted by PPC View Post
    I don't know why Scott keeps claiming that the problem is not with the plastic. It IS THE PLASTIC! If it was a welding issue then why is my Goddess figure crumbling at the neck. The plastic is brittle and I am very disappointed to see that they will be using it again on Icer. Can't wait to see the fallout from the QC nightmare that this figure is going to be. Somebody out there, go ahead and start the thread because it's going to be a long one.
    It is the plastic, transparent plastic (example, like CD cases & Orko and The Doom Seekers stands) is more brittle than non Transparent plastic. Translucent plastic (example Goddess' thighs) is basically regular plastic with just a tint, and not solid color....however, I believe ABS doesn't take to being Translucent as well as PVC. But The Goddess has both tpes of plastic, Translucent and Transparent, her crotch is transparent, as well as ( I believe) her shoulder joints and probably her ankle joints....the SDCC Orko has transparent plastic joints, shoulders elbows....I'm afraid to move him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    They made their own. I asked Scott if they got the idea from ZoloWorld, but he mentioned that as a company, Mattel makes these sorts of cases regularly for Hot Wheels and Barbie. The opportunity came up for MOTU, and he jumped on it.

I do love Mike's Zolo Cases, and have many of them. Definitely hope this doesn't hurt him too badly, but can't really fault Mattel for making their own at the same time. Kinda reminds me of how Hasbro started making their own Star Wars cases after the success of the old Star Cases.

- - - Updated - - -

The final product may actually be different, with the walls inside being more like that. This one here is the actual sculpt of the Horsemen's that they did in two weeks (sleeping at the studio and everything!) So we'll have to see how the production piece turns out at SDCC.
    I had the Star Wars cases for my episode III figures, they worked quite well, and were what turned me onto the ZW cases once I learned they existed. However the flaw of the ZW cases was to me that they had no feet to stand on, the case always leaned forward because of the hinge in the back. And not all of mine were hanging, I had to modify my shelves to have the cases stand upright.

The Mattel cases have no hinge joints and that have the feet, therefore if these were available from day one, I would have had those instead. Taking nothing from the ZW cases, they solved an issue many MOSC collectors had, a need for a harder case to protect MOTUC, without resorting to overly expensive acrylic cases.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Great, great, great walk through! Thanks to Dan, Val, and Scott! My kids actually watched it and we all cracked up at every "ding!" The ending with Icer falling into several pieces was like it was scripted! Totally Hilarious!

Thanks guys!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    ...still, there's Scorpia to think of. If we don't remind them that we do want her tail to be Bendy, then there's no chance of it happening.
    Sorry, I am a person that HATES bendy appendages. I do however wish there was a cut joint in her tentacles. For squeeze i want long arms and regular arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post

The tentacles do look a lot better than I thought they would BUT I still think Mattel could have added some "cuts" in them so we could get even more poses.
    Agreed on the cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    Technically these cases aren't clamshell cases. As they would need to be attached at the side, like a clam's shells. Not that it matters, people know what you mean when you say clamshell. Just say'n.

I'm not mad at Mike for "taking the idea" from star cases, why would I be mad at Mattel for "taking the idea" from Mike? That's not how the world works. Zolo wasn't even the first person around making cases for He-Man figures. Both vintage and 200X had cases made by other people. This is not an original idea, it was a realized opportunity.

I give credit to Mike for trying to make a better product (and succeeding, imo). I love a case that perfectly fits a specific product, and I'm glad he was around to put his passion into making these cases. The loose vintage cases are awesome for the figures they fit. That's a good evolution of the clamshell idea, as other people were making generic ones that could fit multiple figures, these were more direct. I do use some of the older ones because not all the figures fit into Zolo cases, but I wish they all did, they are nice.

I also give credit for Mattel's advancement of the case. They ditched the hing, and made the case easier to ship and easier to store. That's a big deal guys. On top of that, a carded figure now stands up straight, that's also a huge deal. Now you can use these to display your figures.

I would never use playing cards to prop up a case, to me that's really tacky, and having a case that functions properly is a better solution. I remember asking Mike about this, but with how much these things cost to prototype and produce, there's only so many rounds of revisions one can make.

I'm glad I bought Zolo cases, and I'll be more than happy to try out some of Mattel's cases.
    I have to agree. Others made shells before him. However, He was making a product that was an add on for someone else's product so you can not get mad at Mattel for seeing a need for something based off of their own product and fulfilling it themselves.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Oh Scooter, you big bumbling goober, you're such a fun guy!

Thanks PD! I'm really excited for everything except the stands. They don't go up enough & would take too many to stack for the next row to be seen.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewd_Squirrel View Post
    He DESTROYED Icer. :O
    Sure TG its not the plastic hey. Had to laugh when Icer smashed to bits after he was just talking about the Green Goddess and the plastics used.

I know its just the proto.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Dan, another great walkthrough.

Scott is like a bull in a china shop in these walkthroughs, I lost it when Icer bit the dust.

Octavia looks amazing, I would have liked bendy tentacles but these still look great.

It looked like they popped off her back easily in Scott's hands, I hope that will not be a problem. I'd hate for her tentacles to fall off when you try and pose them.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Great video! I think Scott is awesome when rampaging All the "new" figures are look fantastic and the catles is amazing. As a very casual MOTUC collector I will only be getting NA He-Man, but a part of me want everything! only thing I found a bit of a let-down are the stackable stands. Handy? Yes. Aesthetically pleasing? NO!
    Justice, Truth, Honor and Loyalty!

Visit my website for handmade Scenery, Statues & More! CUSTOMSCENERY.NL

Quote Originally Posted by Firesoullove View Post
    Sure it is the Filmation Staff of Avion wich comes with Icer. But there is another Staff of Avion in the mini Comics. So maybe Scott muddle up.
    he had to be confused: clearly the staff of avion. no matter what he says its absolutely the staff. bet hell get the message from cornboy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    re: Staff of Avion

I rewatched the Icer episode last night (*shudder*), and the staffs (staves?) given to the workers at the weather station that Icer infiltrates look a LOT like the Staff of Avion. So it could well be that this staff is episode-specific to Icer, and not the Staff of Avion at all.

Here's a cap from the episode:

Attachment 82491
    watched it last night. noticed this. clearly this could be the explination as to why scott goofed. but the staff is clearly avion though you could pretend its this. avatars of imagination after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    TG said it was Vykron in the clam shell, when actually it was me, Vikor!!!
    more proof scott is human and in the excitement of the moment makes stupid mistakes, like about the staff of avion.

Australian MOTU Fanatic! Aussie Stinkor's Avatar
    Looking forward to a 2013 of MOTU goodness! Bring on Icer!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    And is there any possibilty to get a bigger castle grayskull entrance ???
    That s probably too complicated to have a bigger castle, even if that would be apparently really appreciated by the half of collectors ( see motuc polls ) but fix the problem of the entrance cause he-man's head touching the teeth is really ridiculous...
    ************************************************** **************************
    Take a look here to see the pics :

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...stle-Grayskull
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> CA Heroic warriors He-man/Teela/Ramman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> CA Evil Warriors Skeletor/Faker/Beastman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> US Evil horde Hordak/Leech/Mantenna 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

i keep wishing i owned that prototype NA He-Man GOD i just want it!

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    And is there any possibilty to get a bigger castle grayskull entrance ???
    That s probably too complicated to have a bigger castle, even if that would be apparently really appreciated by the half of collectors ( see motuc polls ) but fix the problem of the entrance cause he-man's head touching the teeth is really ridiculous...
    Take a look here to see the pics :

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...stle-Grayskull
    Just think of it as Gwildor's castle...

The space suit is smaller than a regular MOTUC figure. That tells you that the Castle and everything in it was originally supposed to be bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Merso View Post
    The space suit is smaller than a regular MOTUC figure. That tells you that the Castle and everything in it was originally supposed to be bigger.
    It is only to scale with the armor suit not the figures, which is a shame.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Merso View Post
    Yeah, that pretty much says it all. What a joke. I mean, why even bother then? I'm sure people would have happily paid an extra $25 to $50 to have it at appropriate scale.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    Just think of it as Gwildor's castle...

Yea LOL !!!!
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> CA Heroic warriors He-man/Teela/Ramman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> CA Evil Warriors Skeletor/Faker/Beastman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> US Evil horde Hordak/Leech/Mantenna 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Torak View Post
    It is only to scale with the armor suit not the figures, which is a shame.
    Yeah, that's what I meant.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Good stuff as always!!! I really look forward to these walk throughs as they provide alot of great humor and insight into the line Keep up the great work, Pixel, Toyguru, and Val on the camera Very much appreciated!!

Thanks for the vid!

Great bunch of figure reveals indeed. Icer is outstanding, but I fear his face details won't show because of clear plastic. I will wait for the actual figure and Pixel Dan's video about it Batros looks cool too.. colors might be a little bit too bright for my taste same thing with Fang Man already. Please Four Horsemen the Filmation characters don't need to be as bright as they were in the original cartoon!

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    ...those stackable stands look neat too ...
    I have said this before, but those stands are crap. Waste of tooling! We have 6" figures and the step on those are barely half a inch when you stack them! If you want to showcase your figs in a two rows you need to stack like 10 together to see the backrow figures. Height difference is miserable! Why they didn't do them like they did wrestling stands ???
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post

I have said this before, but those stands are crap. Waste of tooling! We have 6" figures and the step on those are barely half a inch when you stack them! If you want to showcase your figs in a two rows you need to stack like 10 together to see the backrow figures. Height difference is miserable! Why they didn't do them like they did wrestling stands ???
    Exactly, I won't buy a single piece of this stands until they make them higher....

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    love these walkthroughs - thanks dan! ...

without starting the whole CG debate over again; after seeing this footage, im still not convinced its big enough nor worth the selling price ... maybe i just expected too much? ... but size and cost aside, it's an awesome update of the classic play-set, which gave me hours of fun growing up ... im pleased all you guys are happy with the product ...

so excited for mantenna now! ... and clamp-champ! ...

those stackable stands look neat too ...
    Im not happy with the size of CG. the only reason I put down my money, was because what they tempted us with was huge. now its rinky dink, and im not happy. not to mention the step to get in is stupid beyond belief. im thinking about cancelling my Grayskull order.