Thread: Slush head owners who filled their domes...how is it holding up and what did you use?

Slush head owners who filled their domes...how is it holding up and what did you use?

It's been a while now since we've had him, so if you filled the dome with liquid how does it look now and what liquid did you use?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Mineral oil. And yes, he's still looking good.

^ Me too. No leaks, hasn't evaporated, no color change & 0 fogging. Looks great, besides, what's a Slush Head without the slush?
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

I used ordinary tap water. Northern Italy tap water. No issues, no deterioration, no noticeable evaporation.
    "Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar." - Marilyn Manson

Heroic Warrior
    i used aquafina and this happened , i recomend using Dasani water youtube collection 125.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Mineral oil. And yes, he's still looking good.
    Ditto........
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Used bottled water (I think) and it's still lookin' good! I also cut the dome from the armor so it could turn, and I haven't seen a single leak.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I also cut the dome from the armor so it could turn
    Could you please post some picture showing how you accomplished this? I'd really like to make his head turnable, but I'm unsure of how best to do it.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by ninjor 9 View Post
    i used aquafina and this happened , i recomend using Dasani water youtube collection 125.jpg
    that's awesome!

thanks for the feedback all - I was going to do it but i wanted to go the mineral oil route bu i didn't want to spend $5 on oil I wouldn't be using for anything else at the time now it looks like water will work too, but I still feel like going the oil route. i can use the rest on my dry elbow or something.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Could you please post some picture showing how you accomplished this? I'd really like to make his head turnable, but I'm unsure of how best to do it.
    Sure thing! I did a post on it back when he was originally sold, actually. I think the thread says it all, but keep in mind that there is the possibility of damaging the dome. I don't know how, exactly, but I won't rule it out. My own figure has been just fine since the cut, and it is holding the same water I put in it back then without even a trickle.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.