View Poll Results: Which colors do you prefer for King He-Man?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blue

    71 63.96%
  • Red

    34 30.63%
  • Other (please specify)

    6 5.41%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37

Thread: King He-Man Colors

  1. #1
    Warrior of Evolution 13977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    6,236

    King He-Man Colors

    Which colors do you prefer for King He-Man?

    Blue:


    or


    Red:


    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

    Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

  2. #2
    Casual Fan slackrguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,399
    Blue, because of the visual tie in to King Randor's blue cape, like an honor thy father kind of thing.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

    If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    2,092
    The red looks nice, but I have to say, I still prefer the blue.

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,340
    I like the red more, I know, we got too many red capes, but here the color makes sense... Personally I would take the gold away and would only use silver & red, the gold just doesn't fit right...

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA NOLA
    Posts
    805
    Hmmm this is a hard one for me, I voted red but only just, I think that may be just get rid of the gold all together and have KHMs colour be a pure silver, ( who's to say what colour is more rare on Eternia), but to me he needs a head resculpt, no offence to the horse men, but after Scots description the dark knight style he-man, I just think he needs a more grizzled face, not all battered and old looking, but more like Fisto I guess, but keeping the look of HM,
    This being said I'm still really looking forward to him....

  6. #6
    +2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    643
    I like the regal look of the blue. I think the red mock up may be better served with the original brown King Grayskull cape with white fur collar. I just really don't like that red cape.

  7. #7
    All Era-Warrior Barnster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Snake Mountain, Apartment 4-D
    Posts
    1,291
    Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    Blue, because of the visual tie in to King Randor's blue cape, like an honor thy father kind of thing.
    Nailed it.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

  8. #8
    Awesome Warrior Alexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The big 'ol mitten
    Posts
    6,215
    I thougt I would like the red, but upon seeing it I think it looks a little too sinister. I chose blue; it looks regal and he should certainly look that part first and foremost.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

    Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    608
    I like them both, I can't decide, brain anurism
    10 Most Wanted MOTUC's: Ninjor, Quake, Squeeze, MYP King Mero, Sagitar, Dragstor, Snake Armor He-man, Phravus, Filmation's Garth (post transformation), Angella

  10. #10
    Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Planet Eronia
    Posts
    18,012
    Red matches He-Man better, but I really like the blue for King He-Man. They did a great job here.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

  11. #11
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    9,705
    Blue, definitely.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

    Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    6,941
    Agh, any chance people are seeing the red bar and mistaking it for the red color option? Blue so doesn't deserve to win this! He-Man wore a red cape in the vintage magazine and in the movie! It's so much more his color than blue. He's got a beard and the symbol to honor his dad, he should have his own proper cape!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior RocketPunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,151
    Blue.

    Like it or not, the journey to the Tri-Solar System was an important part of his life, so i'm glad that they incorporated the colours of his New Adventures costume into the King He-Man attire.

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior Nemisythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Despondos
    Posts
    1,479
    Well I voted other and kind of am going for something maybe like a brown cape with maybe some copper/gold/silver infusion< I mean he is King now so maybe shying away from the blue and red, we go for more medieval style.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

  15. #15
    Heir of Grayskull DavidSummers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Southeast Eternia, Light Hemisphere
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    The red looks nice, but I have to say, I still prefer the blue.
    I agree
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

  16. #16
    Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewhere between Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    8,577
    I think they both look good, but I prefer the blue cape.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

    WE can do this together because.....

    EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

  17. #17
    Warrior of Evolution 13977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    6,236
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Agh, any chance people are seeing the red bar and mistaking it for the red color option? Blue so doesn't deserve to win this! He-Man wore a red cape in the vintage magazine and in the movie! It's so much more his color than blue. He's got a beard and the symbol to honor his dad, he should have his own proper cape!
    I don't think so because if your logged in you don't see the bars before you vote. But I know what you mean, I am totally surprised by the results and was expecting Red to win by a land slide. Blue is just not a color associated with HM IMO (well maybe NA HM). I get they want to make the Randor connection but Miro never had a blue cape, his was green I think, and like you say they all have the beard's and symbol to connect them.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

    Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior Mantisaur82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    599
    I like blue because all that has been written but also because it is the same combination of colors as MOTU logo

  19. #19
    Snappy Threader
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,518
    Blue for me as my choice....

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior Neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    4,562
    I think blue is more appropriate since this is after NA. He sported a lot of blue in his NA era. It makes sence that king he-man would incorporate some of that blue. Especially in the erea's where it's used now. I can however see a red cape working better but his pants should remain blue IMO.
    Last edited by Neo; November 8, 2012 at 01:00pm.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

  21. #21
    Lord of the Patch baronterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    4,187
    Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    Blue, because of the visual tie in to King Randor's blue cape, like an honor thy father kind of thing.
    This exactly. Royal Tie In

  22. #22
    Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Castle Grayskull
    Posts
    654
    I prefer blue colours because of the better contrast and the visual tie in to King Randor's cape.

  23. #23
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    2,791
    Blue for me.

    Just looks more regal. Like his time as "KING" he-man is a new stage in his life.

  24. #24
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    1,335
    Red

    Red, blue, silver, gold, and blonde are just too many colors. The design is too busy, especially for He-Man IMO. And he was always a warm tone.

    Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    Blue, because of the visual tie in to King Randor's blue cape, like an honor thy father kind of thing.
    The Randorson is his own man now. It's cooler that he wear red to honor the forgotten man he and the princess have been drawing their power from for all these years. Maybe that's why she already wears a red
    cape...

  25. #25
    Heroic Warrior MrRoboto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Aus.
    Posts
    2,794
    Blue by far.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

    *MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •