View Poll Results: Will you use the Wind Raider indoors?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

4 2.40%
  • No!

145 86.83%
  • Undecided!

13 7.78%
  • Both! Depending on my mood!

5 2.99%

Thread: Will you use the Wind Raider inside Castle Grayskull?

Hybrid View

Will you use the Wind Raider inside Castle Grayskull?

So who will display the Wind Raider indoors? Anybody? I'm guessing not many.

Me? Not a chance. It won't fit, doesn't belong & IMO is a complete waste of time & money. It looks bad with a big hole in the floor too.
    Last edited by Clawful Ofit; February 12, 2013 at 03:09pm.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Voted undecided, but probably won't 99.99% of the time....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Nah, I don't think I will be putting a Wind Raider inside Castle Grayskull. I mean, how the heck did it get in there in the first place?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

No. I don't even know how i'll display CG itself at the moment. Besides, it'll take too much away display-wise if i were to display CG from the interior.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

This is easily the biggest head-scratcher decision made since the inception of MOTUC.
    I don't understand the point of displaying the Raider inside the Castle.
    It doesn't even look like it would fit when you consider the wing span.
    Even if it did "fit", it blocks the entire door area and prison.
    It's not a Man-At-Arms' Work Shop Playset, it's Castle Grayskull!
    I'm hoping at some point down the road, something else (not sure what though) will be able to plug into that hole. As it stands, so to speak, this feature is completely one of those "WTH?!?!" kinda things, and something that maybe wasn't completely thought out by whoever came up with it.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Nah, I don't think I will be putting a Wind Raider inside Castle Grayskull. I mean, how the heck did it get in there in the first place?
    I know right? It had to go something like this:

MAA- "He-Man! Come and see my new invention! It's sure to turn the tide in our battle against evil!"
    He-Man- "Thats great Duncan, but how do we get it out of here?"
    MAA- "Crap."

NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    I know right? It had to go something like this:

MAA- "He-Man! Come and see my new invention! It's sure to turn the tide in our battle against evil!"
    He-Man- "Thats great Duncan, but how do we get it out of here?"
    MAA- "Crap."

Well, all I got to say is that it took some fancy flying to get the Wind Raider inside and will take even greater skill to fly it out.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I'm undecided. While I don't really want to put the Wind Raider in there (Not like the Sorceress needs help flying around!), I also don't want that big hole to remain there. Therefore, I think I'll keep the Talon Fighter in there instead until Point Dread gets made, if it ever does!

Heroic Warrior
    No, it doesn't make any sense...

Heroic Warrior
    Um guys, just a thought, but if they included a large clear flight stand that plugs into the base and the other end fits the Windraider, it would be a set-up like it was flying over the castle. Just a thought.
    Good trades with: Cammor

That would be cool, but they're not going to do that. In fact, I'm pretty certain it wouldn't be able to handle the heft of the Wind Raider. But it's a cool idea...
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Yeah, this is a weird decision. Maybe something nifty will make more sense later on down the line...

I'm sure I'll try it out, but I don't know if I'll do that often.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I voted no, but maybe the Wind Raider is not the vehicle that is really meant to be placed inside the castle and they were just planning ahead.

Talon Fighter anyone??
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    I voted no, but maybe the Wind Raider is not the vehicle that is really meant to be placed inside the castle and they were just planning ahead.

Talon Fighter anyone??
    see this feels more accurate.

as for hole covering: orb stand

I voted no for a couple reasons...

1) It doesn't look like the Wind Raider can even fit in that area anymore.
    2) Having the Wind Raider inside Castle Grayskull makes no sense and it was a weird feature to begin with.

Considering the scaling down of the castle, this is a concept that should have been discarded.

I don't even own a Wind Raider and this is not making me buy one. Bad decision.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    At this point, no. I was all excited when it was revealed that CG would be coming with a place to put your WR! A friend even bought an extra WR because of this!!!! What a let down to have it inside the freaking castle....

Here's to hoping that the location changes before the final sculpt in SDCC... *sigh*
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

No. Unless it gives it a flying pose over the castle, I don't see the point in a specific parking place for the Windraider. I can stand it wherever I want to park it. Having that one particular place seems pointless and limiting. I'd rather that plastic were used to make the castle a MM taller or make a nicer interior floor.

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    It's laughable how this piece is unwanted by so many - and I have that sinking feeling Mattel is going to push this piece thru solely to sell more Wind Raiders.

I just hope if they make that choice,and give us a truly worthless piece of plastic, that they accept the fact that we'll need an add-on pak. That's the only way I'll be ok with having that dumb idea foisted on my perfect castle, even when it's clear that most customers don't want it.
    My 2016 Wishlist:

2.0s: HE-MAN, Teela
    Filmation: KITTRINA, Vultak, Dylamug
    200x: VEENA, Prahvus
    NA: CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    Concept: RED BEAST, Tony Guerrero He-Man

Nope, worst decision since the no second head for Clawful getting a shield instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    It's laughable how this piece is unwanted by so many - and I have that sinking feeling Mattel is going to push this piece thru solely to sell more Wind Raiders.
    Yep, that is what I'm thinking too.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    So who will display the Wind Raider indoors? Anybody? I'm guessing not many.

Me? Not a chance. It won't fit, doesn't belong & IMO is a complete waste of time & money. It looks bad with a big hole in the floor too.
    I agree with you 100%!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

The amount of people voting "NO" vs. the fact that ToyGuru will still include this controversial piece with Grayskull kinda blows my mind.
    They always say "See! We DO listen to the fans!", but if they don't listen regarding the Wind Raider base inside the castle, they are being willfully ignorant of what we want.