View Poll Results: Will you use the Wind Raider indoors?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

4 2.40%
  • No!

145 86.83%
  • Undecided!

13 7.78%
  • Both! Depending on my mood!

5 2.99%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will you use the Wind Raider inside Castle Grayskull?

Will you use the Wind Raider inside Castle Grayskull?

So who will display the Wind Raider indoors? Anybody? I'm guessing not many.

Me? Not a chance. It won't fit, doesn't belong & IMO is a complete waste of time & money. It looks bad with a big hole in the floor too.
    Last edited by Clawful Ofit; February 12, 2013 at 03:09pm.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Voted undecided, but probably won't 99.99% of the time....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Nah, I don't think I will be putting a Wind Raider inside Castle Grayskull. I mean, how the heck did it get in there in the first place?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

No. I don't even know how i'll display CG itself at the moment. Besides, it'll take too much away display-wise if i were to display CG from the interior.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Nah, I don't think I will be putting a Wind Raider inside Castle Grayskull. I mean, how the heck did it get in there in the first place?
    I know right? It had to go something like this:

MAA- "He-Man! Come and see my new invention! It's sure to turn the tide in our battle against evil!"
    He-Man- "Thats great Duncan, but how do we get it out of here?"
    MAA- "Crap."

This is easily the biggest head-scratcher decision made since the inception of MOTUC.
    I don't understand the point of displaying the Raider inside the Castle.
    It doesn't even look like it would fit when you consider the wing span.
    Even if it did "fit", it blocks the entire door area and prison.
    It's not a Man-At-Arms' Work Shop Playset, it's Castle Grayskull!
    I'm hoping at some point down the road, something else (not sure what though) will be able to plug into that hole. As it stands, so to speak, this feature is completely one of those "WTH?!?!" kinda things, and something that maybe wasn't completely thought out by whoever came up with it.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    I know right? It had to go something like this:

MAA- "He-Man! Come and see my new invention! It's sure to turn the tide in our battle against evil!"
    He-Man- "Thats great Duncan, but how do we get it out of here?"
    MAA- "Crap."

Well, all I got to say is that it took some fancy flying to get the Wind Raider inside and will take even greater skill to fly it out.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I'm undecided. While I don't really want to put the Wind Raider in there (Not like the Sorceress needs help flying around!), I also don't want that big hole to remain there. Therefore, I think I'll keep the Talon Fighter in there instead until Point Dread gets made, if it ever does!

Heroic Warrior
    No, it doesn't make any sense...

Heroic Warrior
    Um guys, just a thought, but if they included a large clear flight stand that plugs into the base and the other end fits the Windraider, it would be a set-up like it was flying over the castle. Just a thought.
    Good trades with: Cammor

Yeah, this is a weird decision. Maybe something nifty will make more sense later on down the line...

I'm sure I'll try it out, but I don't know if I'll do that often.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

That would be cool, but they're not going to do that. In fact, I'm pretty certain it wouldn't be able to handle the heft of the Wind Raider. But it's a cool idea...
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I voted no, but maybe the Wind Raider is not the vehicle that is really meant to be placed inside the castle and they were just planning ahead.

Talon Fighter anyone??
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    I voted no, but maybe the Wind Raider is not the vehicle that is really meant to be placed inside the castle and they were just planning ahead.

Talon Fighter anyone??
    see this feels more accurate.

as for hole covering: orb stand

I voted no for a couple reasons...

1) It doesn't look like the Wind Raider can even fit in that area anymore.
    2) Having the Wind Raider inside Castle Grayskull makes no sense and it was a weird feature to begin with.

Considering the scaling down of the castle, this is a concept that should have been discarded.

I don't even own a Wind Raider and this is not making me buy one. Bad decision.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    It wont fit. Wind Rider inside the castle its like parking the car in the living room...

I hope at least they include a piece to cover the hole in the floor...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Totally not. It's probably the dumbest idea to come out of Mattel Design yet (and that's saying a lot ). If they wanted to have a spot for the Wind Raider somewhere in the castle to promote the sales of the vehicle, that spot should have been the hole where the removable crown pawn thing goes, so that the WR appeared to be flying over the castle; that would have been a no-brainer and would have actually made sense.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; February 13, 2013 at 06:21am.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Totally not. It's probably the dumbest idea to come out of Mattel Design yet (and that's saying a lot ).
    I agree and if I want to put my Wind Raider inside the castle who needs a base for my WR base?
    It's totally non-sense...
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

It makes no sense at all. Castle Grayskull is not Eternos Palace, and as has been mentioned, there is no way for it to get in and out.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    Why is this a topic? Is there a refueling station inside CG I missed or something?

I always thought there was supposed to be a peg for the Wind Raider to be displayed "flying" above the castle...

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Why is this a topic? Is there a refueling station inside CG I missed or something?

I always thought there was supposed to be a peg for the Wind Raider to be displayed "flying" above the castle...
    Fans WANTED it above the castle, but sadly someone at Matty wanted it at ground level in the living room. Basically you take the "arm" of the WR stand & just put it in this big hole in the middle of the floor. Looks bad with the stand & without it. Really a dumb idea.

Who ever came up with this stupid idea needs to be catapulted into the Void...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Nah, that would both make sense, and make the loyal customers happy.

Mattel tries to avoid doing that as often as they can (particularly the former).
    My #1 most wanted figure in MotUC?
    - "Cloak & Dagger" Evil-Lyn (MYP) -