View Poll Results: Will you use the Wind Raider indoors?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

4 2.40%
  • No!

145 86.83%
  • Undecided!

13 7.78%
  • Both! Depending on my mood!

5 2.99%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will you use the Wind Raider inside Castle Grayskull?

I voted undecided. If I have space, I might just as a place to put it....but thats only as a last resort. I would rather fill that space with figures/weapons rack, etc...to bad it wont hook on the top some how.....

....Since the top of the crown is removeable, they should have made the win raider stand plug in there. that would have been cool.

Not sure I even want to know now that CG is smaller. then what they promissed, us and tat ugly step to get in im not happy.

no. I don't know how it'll even fit and even if it does why would it be in the castle. The castle should've came with a pad outside of it or above/on it...not inside. Weirdest idea ever.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I would like a Talon Fighter to perch on the castle though.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

No. If anything it'll be parked out the front.

Yeah I use it cause to me I would like to have the windraider inside the castle just for the look.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    At this point, no. I was all excited when it was revealed that CG would be coming with a place to put your WR! A friend even bought an extra WR because of this!!!! What a let down to have it inside the freaking castle....

Here's to hoping that the location changes before the final sculpt in SDCC... *sigh*
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

No. Unless it gives it a flying pose over the castle, I don't see the point in a specific parking place for the Windraider. I can stand it wherever I want to park it. Having that one particular place seems pointless and limiting. I'd rather that plastic were used to make the castle a MM taller or make a nicer interior floor.

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    It's laughable how this piece is unwanted by so many - and I have that sinking feeling Mattel is going to push this piece thru solely to sell more Wind Raiders.

I just hope if they make that choice,and give us a truly worthless piece of plastic, that they accept the fact that we'll need an add-on pak. That's the only way I'll be ok with having that dumb idea foisted on my perfect castle, even when it's clear that most customers don't want it.
    My 2016 Wishlist:

2.0s: HE-MAN, Teela
    Filmation: KITTRINA, Vultak, Dylamug
    200x: VEENA, Prahvus
    NA: CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    Concept: RED BEAST, Tony Guerrero He-Man

Snappy Threader
    No. It was an odd design choice to say the least. I mean when we were like 10 and playing with toys, it would have been cool, because you know, the Castle was open and you could just fly right out, but now......it would be like parking your car in the living room....just isn't realistic. Ha I know, I'm talking about MOTUC being realistic...but I think you all know what I mean.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    At first I was undecided...I'll probaby put it there just to see it and then I'll take it out. The Wind Raider never went into Castle Grayskull so I don't see why they did this other than to create some new "Point Dread" alternative. I think the money that went into that flooring etc should have been used to either increase the size of the Castle or give us the dungeon monsters 3D accessory that they now say won't be coming with it. And as I go and look at the pictures of the Castle over and over I am now feeling a little more disappointed in the size especially after seeing the picture comparison that shows the Castle is about waist to chin on He-man shorter than what it was advertised to be. Before they drew up the specs and made sales on those proportions, they should have done a little more homework. I'm certainly beyond excited to have my 3 Castle's when they come but puting a Wind Raider inside of it wasn't really an option given the space before we saw a scaled down version of it.

As I'm thinking about this further, the above comment about adding this feature to sell Wind Raiders makes a lot of sense. It totally explains the irrationality of this feature.
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Jeremy; February 18, 2013 at 09:27pm.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

NO.

With space already at a premium with the smaller castle, we will need every inch of space for the figures. Really disappointed in the castle flooring.

As it is the Talon Fighter is the ONLY vehicle that has significance to Castle Grayskull. It was a noble idea to try and incorporate the Wind Raider; but other than to sell more (GEEZ just how much did they really make of this thing?) I don't see why it would be situated there, except maybe the weight of it could not not anywhere atop Grayksull and as this is a work in progress I hope that this can be replaced for the Grayskull orb holder. as for the Talon Fighter, it would be wishful thinking since it would need to have Point Dread (and that would make a superb cross sell) I want Battle Ram before that!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    No. It was an odd design choice to say the least. I mean when we were like 10 and playing with toys, it would have been cool, because you know, the Castle was open and you could just fly right out, but now......it would be like parking your car in the living room....just isn't realistic. Ha I know, I'm talking about MOTUC being realistic...but I think you all know what I mean.
    I totally think your comments underscore the whole challenge Mattel has with us as their fan base for this line. When we were kids imagination was king and anything could happen but now we want both the nostalgia of what imagination made real for us plus some greater mearsure of "reality" worked into it. That's tough because we can't go back and make it simpler for Mattel and Mattel can't measure up to those expectations without charging us $1000 dollars for what we expect to be a perfect blend in this castle. This line by necessity demands and depends upon our willingness and ability to be young again when we look at the figures and this castle. Fortunately, we're getting some amazing stuff but that still doesn't mean I'll be parking my Wind Raider in the castle...lol. I could say the same thing by comparing the MOC figures from the past and those of today. I have numerous MOC figures from the 80's and many of them have paint application issues that would produce new complaint threads on here, but I never noticed those things as a kid because what mattered was the world my imagination created and for each of us that was perfection. So the only way to approach this line is with some of that imagination. I still wanted the castle to be two inches taller and I think Mattel could have better managed this situation from the beginning, but I'll be happy to even have this castle as so many of will be.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

No for two reasons

1) It doesn't make sense to me to have it parked inside the Castle. I really thought it was going to be parked on top.
    2) one of my two big complaints about the castle we've seen thus far is that it looks particularly small when looking at the interior view (low ceilings, little room for multiple characters per floor, etc). This would look even smaller if putting a large vehicle like the Wind Raider in the view and taking up space.

Personally I wish they'd scrap having that designated spot from the design as I see it just becoming an unsightly large empty peg.
    TOP 44 WANTS
    VINTAGE:Peekablue/Dragstor/Perfuma/Saurod
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak/Granita/Malektha
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina/Ceratus
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/Dare/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndra

if the scale is accurate for that "wind raider grayskull addition".. NO WAY will a wind raider fit inside the castle without it being right up against the jawbridge entrance and rubbing right up near the walls. You can tell by just looking at the pics and looking at the windraider...

A clear NO for me.

First, as many many fans have already mentioned: It doesnīt make any sense at all to have the Wind Raider parked inside the castle. Itīs a massive, closed-ceiling castle, it doesnīt have an atrium where a Wind Raider could land in. And the jawbridge is merely big enough for a figure.

Second: The WR stand itself is more than enough display option. The WR doesnīt need another hole for the stand, if it means that itīs JUST ANOTHER platform for the vehicle to stand on. Itīs a flat floor and the stand isnīt high enough that a figure could stand under the elevated WR, be it a flat floor or the slightly curved "floor" of the original display stand. It just does not make any sense at all. There is no fuel pump, no repair dock, no nothing that would show ANY kind of reason why the WR should be parked in that exact location - especially since with the needed original stand (minus the base) the vehicle is still too high for a figure to "climb into" it.
    And with the shrinking of the castle resulting in even less space, the WR would most propably not even fit onto the stand in that exact position. Another disadvantage as opposed to the original stand, which cou can perfectly well position ANYWHERE - and yes - even inside the castle at the very same position of that hole-in-the-floor.

Fact: There is ZERO benefit of having this WR platform, ZERO additional value and NOT A SINGLE advantage as opposed to the original WR display stand.

Third: It makes me mad to see that the hole to plug the stand into seems to be the ONLY reason why the floor is elevated an inch. There is NOTHING below that floor, itīs wasted space. Period. Much needed space though! This inch in height is desparatly missing from the ground level!
    Last edited by DJ Force; February 19, 2013 at 10:48am.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

No, I have no need for it ...
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by nemisythe View Post
    as it is the talon fighter is the only vehicle that has significance to castle grayskull
    now were talkin'!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Wow 84.07%, well there you have it , I know that the people voting here don't make up the whole,
    But that percentage speaks for it's self, even the undecided votes have " most likely not" 's attached via post, come on Matty make the changes!!!

Court Magician
    Nope, I don't even think it will fit anyway. If it does it will look ridiculous. The stand is to make it look like it's flying so when I plug that into the "landing pad" it will look like it is flying inside the castle! If I want it to land I can just set it inside the castle. I'm amazed this was not added to the top of the castle so the Wind Raider could have the appearance of flying above it. That would have been an awesome way to display it.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    That dumb decision was clearly an idea to sell more Wind Raiders.

As close as TG thinks he is to knowing what the fans want, I think he can get out of touch. Some of the decisions coming from Mattel in the last couple of years have been mind-blowingly awful! A green Clawful mace? Backward gloves on Stinkor? Frosta's many mistakes?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Nope, worst decision since the no second head for Clawful getting a shield instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    It's laughable how this piece is unwanted by so many - and I have that sinking feeling Mattel is going to push this piece thru solely to sell more Wind Raiders.
    Yep, that is what I'm thinking too.

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    So who will display the Wind Raider indoors? Anybody? I'm guessing not many.

Me? Not a chance. It won't fit, doesn't belong & IMO is a complete waste of time & money. It looks bad with a big hole in the floor too.
    I agree with you 100%!
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

The amount of people voting "NO" vs. the fact that ToyGuru will still include this controversial piece with Grayskull kinda blows my mind.
    They always say "See! We DO listen to the fans!", but if they don't listen regarding the Wind Raider base inside the castle, they are being willfully ignorant of what we want.