View Poll Results: Will you use the Wind Raider indoors?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

4 2.40%
  • No!

145 86.83%
  • Undecided!

13 7.78%
  • Both! Depending on my mood!

5 2.99%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will you use the Wind Raider inside Castle Grayskull?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    A clear NO for me.

First, as many many fans have already mentioned: It doesnīt make any sense at all to have the Wind Raider parked inside the castle. Itīs a massive, closed-ceiling castle, it doesnīt have an atrium where a Wind Raider could land in. And the jawbridge is merely big enough for a figure.

Second: The WR stand itself is more than enough display option. The WR doesnīt need another hole for the stand, if it means that itīs JUST ANOTHER platform for the vehicle to stand on. Itīs a flat floor and the stand isnīt high enough that a figure could stand under the elevated WR, be it a flat floor or the slightly curved "floor" of the original display stand. It just does not make any sense at all. There is no fuel pump, no repair dock, no nothing that would show ANY kind of reason why the WR should be parked in that exact location - especially since with the needed original stand (minus the base) the vehicle is still too high for a figure to "climb into" it.
    And with the shrinking of the castle resulting in even less space, the WR would most propably not even fit onto the stand in that exact position. Another disadvantage as opposed to the original stand, which cou can perfectly well position ANYWHERE - and yes - even inside the castle at the very same position of that hole-in-the-floor.

Fact: There is ZERO benefit of having this WR platform, ZERO additional value and NOT A SINGLE advantage as opposed to the original WR display stand.

Third: It makes me mad to see that the hole to plug the stand into seems to be the ONLY reason why the floor is elevated an inch. There is NOTHING below that floor, itīs wasted space. Period. Much needed space though! This inch in height is desparatly missing from the ground level!
    All quoted for truth.

The vintage prototype didn't have a raised ground floor.

Now if the castle were made with the original B-Sheet measurements, the raised floor would be kind of cool, as it would be larger (more square inches... it seems to have been greatly reduced).

But the castle is significantly smaller now... and no one seems happy about that. Reducing the size means re-examining all of the features included in the original design.... reducing the size has an effect on some of those features
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Damn, no one plans to use it hardly....

I am not getting CG, but if I was....just a question...

Why in the hell would I put a flying machine inside a Castle? It's not realistic as the Castle would have 4 walls and a roof, not to mention a few floors under that roof....that is something that could have been omitted, for something else.

Also, you can park the Raider inside the Castle, but He-Man can barely fit in the doorway....OK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    All quoted for truth.

The vintage prototype didn't have a raised ground floor.

Now if the castle were made with the original B-Sheet measurements, the raised floor would be kind of cool, as it would be larger (more square inches... it seems to have been greatly reduced).

But the castle is significantly smaller now... and no one seems happy about that. Reducing the size means re-examining all of the features included in the original design.... reducing the size has an effect on some of those features
    I don't plan to buy it, a play set where the figures barely fit for $250 - $275 just doesn't make sense, plus I haven't the room for it. I don't like the dimensions, honestly I prefer the Filmation Grayskull aesthetics much better, and while Battle Cat with He-Man on him in the doorway would be cool, He-Man just fitting there with the sword raised would have been nice. I'm glad I didn't order it, I'd rather not have it personally than have something I'm not happy with just to say I do.

Whoever wants this Castle....good for you, I'm glad you're getting what you want, and have been waiting for, but it's not for me. I f am going to have an out of scale castle the figures don't fit well in anyway, I might as well by the Icon Heroes version at least it has all 4 walls and a roof, plus it will feature nicely done box art, so for less than half the price, I can get a smaller Castle that I like better.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Nope won't use it. Pointless....

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That dumb decision was clearly an idea to sell more Wind Raiders.

As close as TG thinks he is to knowing what the fans want, I think he can get out of touch. Some of the decisions coming from Mattel in the last couple of years have been mind-blowingly awful! A green Clawful mace? Backward gloves on Stinkor? Frosta's many mistakes?
    I agree 100%. I'll go a bit further and state that sometimes I slap my forehead watching the walkthrough videos and watch Dan just stand there smiling and cracking jokes. That WR stand was an obvious red flag that should've evoked questioning by our beloved PD. Just sayin'.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    no that s ridiculous
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No.

Why would anyone want to put the Windraider inside Grayskull, seems like a pointless idea to me.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

Ask the 4 people out of 157 that voted yes.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    Ask the 4 people out of 157 that voted yes.
    I wondered if one of them was Toyguru.

I think it's stupid. It would have been better if there was a plug/hole for the stand on top of the castle. I wonder if they did not design it that way since the top floors could not support the weight of the Wind Raider.

Toyguru, if you're reading this: Drop the Wind Raider stand for Grayskull. In fact, it might be best to just re-do the entire prototype and re-sculpt it bigger.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."